Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']Now if only you could make ICO/SotC come out in April like I last heard but has now been delayed till near November. :cry::cry:[/QUOTE]
They are going to want to time it near the launch of Last Guardian; my personal forecast is that they will launch Ico/Shadow in November and launch LG in March similar to how they handled GOW collection and GOW3.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Now if only you could make ICO/SotC come out in April like I last heard but has now been delayed till near November. :cry::cry:[/QUOTE]
Oh my God! I just realized the blue light of Kmart could be from a Tardis! Josh may, in fact, be a time lord. There is still hope. :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']My store is normally on top of releases but no Homefront, no Yakuza 4, no Yakuza 3, and no XBL Pts Cards :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
I'd like to investigate further if you don't mind; please shoot me or Jim an email if you have time.

FYI - Anyone whose store says they have not received a game is 99.5% of the time mistaken and you should let us know.

Josh, when are you planning to reveal the rest of the month's deals (and possibly the upcoming games in April for which you'll have deals)? :bouncy:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They are going to want to time it near the launch of Last Guardian; my personal forecast is that they will launch Ico/Shadow in November and launch LG in March similar to how they handled GOW collection and GOW3.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense to me from an advertising standpoint, but my birthday is in April so frankly I just disagree with their plan.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That makes sense to me from an advertising standpoint, but my birthday is in April so frankly I just disagree with their plan.[/QUOTE]
Aries?

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, when are you planning to reveal the rest of the month's deals (and possibly the upcoming games in April for which you'll have deals)? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Good question; probably by Thursday since I'm taking Friday off for the big 30 and my subsequent depression.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That makes sense to me from an advertising standpoint, but my birthday is in April so frankly I just disagree with their plan.[/QUOTE]
I'll let them know :) Seriously I will! It will actually kind of funny.

[quote name='jer7583']Should have just asked for Homefront, a 1600 points card, and used your Rewards Card. The register would have handled it and the douche could go on being a douche.

I think it should be in bold on every page of this thread :

DO NOT ASK THE KMART EMPLOYEES ABOUT THESE DEALS THEY ONLY ARE CAPABLE OF MAKING PEOPLE SAD

Then again from the (trustworthy) reviews the employee may have been doing you a favor.[/QUOTE]

I second that... Whatever Josh says the deal will be just go to Kmart and get it (email him if you have problems). You're asking for trouble everytime you mention it to an employee. I had no problems getting Homefront, 1600 points card + the 10,000 bonus points. That being said, the clerk said I had good timing since he had spent 20 minutes earlier in the day trying to figure out the deal for a customer (checking the circular, online, the blog, etc.).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'd like to investigate further if you don't mind; please shoot me or Jim an email if you have time.

FYI - Anyone whose store says they have not received a game is 99.5% of the time mistaken and you should let us know.[/QUOTE]

Will shoot you an email after I eat dinner or sometime tomorrow. :)

Thanks alot as always. Though I usually have no issues with my store at all. Today was kind of a shock to me actually. :cry:

was just checking my rewards points and notice this under the deals tab

Kmart-10,000 Points on Playstation Heroes
03/15/2011 - 03/19/2011

Description:
Earn 10,000 points (a $10 value) when you purchase Playstation Heroes (Limit 2 per customer) at Kmart stores from March 15 through March 19. Present your Member number at checkout to earn.

did i miss something or is this deal for next week? seems like the website poeple never fixed the date i guess. i can see it getting ugly already with people trying to buy it after seeing the date on the website. josh did you know about this?

[quote name='medetron']was just checking my rewards points and notice this under the deals tab

Kmart-10,000 Points on Playstation Heroes
03/15/2011 - 03/19/2011

Description:
Earn 10,000 points (a $10 value) when you purchase Playstation Heroes (Limit 2 per customer) at Kmart stores from March 15 through March 19. Present your Member number at checkout to earn.

did i miss something or is this deal for next week? seems like the website poeple never fixed the date i guess. i can see it getting ugly already with people trying to buy it after seeing the date on the website. josh did you know about this?[/QUOTE]
I'm following up with them now.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm following up with them now.[/QUOTE]

somehow in my mind i see you ninja rolling out of bed and whipping out the nunchucks to the sywr's team head lol.

and all thanks to the fact that i usually check the website every other day to make sure my points are still there lol

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Good question; probably by Thursday since I'm taking Friday off for the big 30 and my subsequent depression.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you do, don't order the Fudgie the Whale cake. It won't help with the depression.

Alright. I'm all in on the Kmart 3DS deal now SHC-Gamer. Just canceled my order on Amazon. I'll be picking up a Cosmo 3DS and Pilotwings at Kmart. I hope you have a some screen protectors in stock too.

Thanks for the kickass deal on Homefront! $10 credit and free $20 XBL card on launch day is amazing. That's why I buy all my games at K-Mart. :)

[quote name='aleraiders']picked up :360: homefront + xbl card....again...i was told that i had to use all my points (over $50 worth) at one time......[/QUOTE]

you don't. but what's the difference.

used points = can't be lost. I always want to use my points up ASAP.

[quote name='confoosious']you don't. but what's the difference.

used points = can't be lost. I always want to use my points up ASAP.[/QUOTE]

true....but i still cant get over paying $60+ for a game just to build up my points.......guess im just spoiled like that

then again paying $23.xx for homefront, xbl card, and random house hold items is pretty sweet....

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']To be honest we don't really know at this point. I don't think we'll carry it but I do think we are getting a very limited stock of the Kollector's Edition...Mortal Kombat, promoting illiteracy since the early 90s[/QUOTE]

Argh, you're killing me Stock Boy. Just curious, are you unable to procure any stock or are you guys deciding against it? I know the TEs are supposedly limited to only 20,000 so that might be in play. If at all possible, I'd love to see you guys get some of the TEs, no matter how few you receive. Maybe if you could only ship them to stores where requested by email. That way you kinda have preorders and not have to worry about them sitting there. Also, I feel like the $150 price tag will deter any random passerby from picking up the TE and at least helping the chance that the requester gets the requested item. Please don't make me have to preorder/buy from Best Buy or Gamestop.

Also, this is just how I feel but to me, the KE isn't a proper substitute for the TE. Unlike most CEs or LEs, the TE will come with a useful, physical item for the game. The stick is the big draw. My CAG sense also foresees the KE doing the typical overproduced CE thing of slashed price relatively quickly at BB and/or clearanced out at Target, so if I was gonna grab this version, I'd try to wait for one of the aforementioned routes.

As always, thanks for the deals and even the opportunity to write this message, knowing that there's a likely chance someone of gravitas will read this and maybe even possibly take action upon it. Just know that there is at the very least one person ready and willing to hand over $150 on April 19th for this damn thing.

just thought id point out that the store in camarillo, ca never received homefront. im amazed by the lack of kmarts in the la area, had to drive 30 minutes to get to that store to....

[quote name='jayz5043']just thought id point out that the store in camarillo, ca never received homefront. im amazed by the lack of kmarts in the la area, had to drive 30 minutes to get to that store to....[/QUOTE]

As far as I know this has never occurred. Every time someone has posted this it's just been clueless employees. Not a valid excuse I know, but just be aware that it may "appear" tomorrow when a new employee hits electronics.

[quote name='panda911']Argh, you're killing me Stock Boy. Just curious, are you unable to procure any stock or are you guys deciding against it? I know the TEs are supposedly limited to only 20,000 so that might be in play. If at all possible, I'd love to see you guys get some of the TEs, no matter how few you receive. Maybe if you could only ship them to stores where requested by email. That way you kinda have preorders and not have to worry about them sitting there. Also, I feel like the $150 price tag will deter any random passerby from picking up the TE and at least helping the chance that the requester gets the requested item. Please don't make me have to preorder/buy from Best Buy or Gamestop.

Also, this is just how I feel but to me, the KE isn't a proper substitute for the TE. Unlike most CEs or LEs, the TE will come with a useful, physical item for the game. The stick is the big draw. My CAG sense also foresees the KE doing the typical overproduced CE thing of slashed price relatively quickly at BB and/or clearanced out at Target, so if I was gonna grab this version, I'd try to wait for one of the aforementioned routes.

As always, thanks for the deals and even the opportunity to write this message, knowing that there's a likely chance someone of gravitas will read this and maybe even possibly take action upon it. Just know that there is at the very least one person ready and willing to hand over $150 on April 19th for this damn thing.[/QUOTE]

I would think it would be hard for Kmart to secure the TE. It looks like Amazon insn't take anymore preorders for the TE (either system) and that gamestop is only taking preorders for the 360 version; at least online. If this is the case a month in advance I just think it is going to be one of those items Kmart won't be able to get a share of.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Good question; probably by Thursday since I'm taking Friday off for the big 30 and my subsequent wild and fun celebration.[/QUOTE]
Fixed it for you. :) Protip: nothing chases the blues away like chasing interns/underlings/Stock Boy with Nerf guns. I fully expect Stock Boy to "lose" my CE request PMs after this. The poor man gets no breaks. And his ninjas are getting better.

I figure getting older is always better than the alternative.

Went to the Manassas store last night. Got in on the Homefront deal almost no problem. They had about 6 copies for 360 and about 10 MS point cards. Didn't see any PS3 versions or Yakuza 4 although there were plenty of PSN cards. I think that store may have something against PS3 owners.

Josh are any directions being given to stores about 3ds launch day? Like for people lining up early/giving out tickets so its not a mad dash to electronics. Would like to see things done nice and orderly.

Unfortunately it will probably be a case of "we didnt get our truck in yet" or "new releases are on tuesdays" lol.

Please do what you can to make the launch day as easy as possible. Tickets an hour before open or whenever the first employees get there makes things so much easier. Its still cold in milwaukee!

[quote name='GBAstar']I would think it would be hard for Kmart to secure the TE. It looks like Amazon insn't take anymore preorders for the TE (either system) and that gamestop is only taking preorders for the 360 version; at least online. If this is the case a month in advance I just think it is going to be one of those items Kmart won't be able to get a share of.[/QUOTE]

Walmart.com still has some.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Good question; probably by Thursday since I'm taking Friday off for the big 30 and my subsequent depression.[/QUOTE]

Friday is my big 30 as well. It will probably be just another day at work though followed by dinner with the wife's family (since mine is 15 hours away).

[quote name='jer7583']Josh are any directions being given to stores about 3ds launch day? Like for people lining up early/giving out tickets so its not a mad dash to electronics. Would like to see things done nice and orderly.

Unfortunately it will probably be a case of "we didnt get our truck in yet" or "new releases are on tuesdays" lol.

Please do what you can to make the launch day as easy as possible. Tickets an hour before open or whenever the first employees get there makes things so much easier. Its still cold in milwaukee![/QUOTE]

This! I'm eager to know if their is a specific plan of order you are sending to stores as well or if it is up to the stores to decide what to do. I remember back on the Wii launch at my kmart (i worked there at the time) we had the systems and launch games at customer service and that's where you went.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Holy North Korea Batman! Homefront sold great yesterday[/QUOTE]

So I guess that means great deal trumps disappointing reviews. :D Although from what I've read, the MP is fun.

[quote name='salty tbone']So I guess that means great deal trumps disappointing reviews. :D Although from what I've read, the MP is fun.[/QUOTE]

Lots of fun, glad I picked it up. Now to stop myself from spending my MS points.

Homefront is awesome. The MP is soo much fun and I am having a blast with it. I played the 1st level of the single player and wow it was just amazing.

Hey,

This will be the first time, for me, purchasing a game and get a free 1600 points. That said I want to know how does this deal works in store. Do I have to say, "I would like to buy the game Homefront and 1600 xbox live points please." or just buy Homefront and let the employee do the deal work as in handing in xbox live points. I don't want to cause a mistake.

[quote name='SPARDA3g']Hey,

This will be the first time, for me, purchasing a game and get a free 1600 points. That said I want to know how does this deal works in store. Do I have to say, "I would like to buy the game Homefront and 1600 xbox live points please." or just buy Homefront and let the employee do the deal work as in handing in xbox live points. I don't want to cause a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed a 1600 pt card from the front of the store, where they have all gift cards by the registers. Took that pt card back to electronics, asked for a copy of homefront out of the case. Employee scanned homefront, then the pt card, then my SYWR card. Everything worked as it should, didn't have to say anything about the promo to the employee.

[quote name='SPARDA3g']Hey,

This will be the first time, for me, purchasing a game and get a free 1600 points. That said I want to know how does this deal works in store. Do I have to say, "I would like to buy the game Homefront and 1600 xbox live points please." or just buy Homefront and let the employee do the deal work as in handing in xbox live points. I don't want to cause a mistake.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE don't mention the deal. Just grab a card and have him get the game out of the case and ring everything up. The register does it automatically.

[quote name='aznhero913']Sent you a note about the psn card Josh.[/QUOTE]
I'll be in meetings til' about 4p.m. today but then I am going to jump back on. Talk to you then!

Thanks Josh for getting back to me so quick. Same with Stock-Boy and checking to see if they had them in stock.

Hopefully they get them out today. Also just to remind you, my store has been out of XBL cards for a very very long time. They have pleny of PSN cards but no XBL cards. So if you guys could get some in that store that would rock.

Thanks to those who have posted great feedback about how quickly I have responded to emails and how I have handled them. Today I am behind in getting back responses due to ad planning sessions. I will always be a little slow getting back on emails on Wednesdays because this is my ad planning day for when I create the ads that are printed in the circulars. I promise to do everything I can to address every email that comes to me.

On a side note, Josh is loving watching me run around like a crazed idiot trying to get my tasks done and answer emails. :whee:

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']Thanks to those who have posted great feedback about how quickly I have responded to emails and how I have handled them. Today I am behind in getting back responses due to ad planning sessions. I will always be a little slow getting back on emails on Wednesdays because this is my ad planning day for when I create the ads that are printed in the circulars. I promise to do everything I can to address every email that comes to me.

On a side note, Josh is loving watching me run around like a crazed idiot trying to get my tasks done and answer emails. :whee:[/QUOTE]

Come Friday I'm sure he's going to be expected to be carried around like Xerxes from the movie 300 lol, and yes ad monster welcome to the crazy house :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back