Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chriscolbert']Josh, I know you're in a meeting but I've been wondering about something for a while now. I'm curious about what is considered a "success" for a videogame at K-Mart. This is a very broad question, but to me if the vast majority of videogame customers are buying the games with deals attached, how does that help K-Mart in the long run? I don't know the margins or markup on points cards, but on the surface if you guys sell 10,000 copies of Homefront in the first week to customers that take advantage of the deal (I know some won't but let's just say that 10,000 do), then you guys gave out $200,000 worth of merchandise and $100,000 in SYWR dollars.

I don't expect you to go into much detail, but are the publishers offsetting those losses? I mean obviously you guys know what you're doing but it's hard to ignore the math and not question what the long-term vision is for the gaming division at K-Mart. I know the thought is that coupons and SYWR points encourage repeat visits, but if someone doesn't spend considerably over the amount of their coupon or SYWR dollars then isn't this only magnified in that no extra revenue is generated? What if everyone redeemed their points on non-gaming items? Is that good or bad? Is there revenue sharing across departments in K-Mart like in baseball, where videogames are the Kansas City Royals and clothes are the Yankees and they help cover the cost of these promotions?

Sorry for the ridiculously long and loaded question. Feel free to take your time to respond if you can. If not, it's no biggie. I'm just bored at work and figured in lieu of Homefront's success it was as good a time as any to ask.[/QUOTE]
Just about to leave the office and wanted to respond:

There are a multitude of factors in judging whether a promotion is profitable. A promotion can be used as a "marketing expense" to encourage mere foot traffic, publishers definitely support promotions, and market basket and return visit frequency are all measured.

Because I segment my marketing very specifically it all works out in the end.

In terms of comparative success; I just look for continued share growth over time and Homefront looked like it maintained that momentum.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just about to leave the office and wanted to respond:

There are a multitude of factors in judging whether a promotion is profitable. A promotion can be used as a "marketing expense" to encourage mere foot traffic, publishers definitely support promotions, and market basket and return visit frequency are all measured.

Because I segment my marketing very specifically it all works out in the end.

In terms of comparative success; I just look for continued share growth over time and Homefront looked like it maintained that momentum.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I assumed it must be working out for you guys but sometimes it's hard to fathom how offering some of these deals can be a win for both the consumer and K-Mart.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I think it has something to do with the area, but I personally wouldn't know.[/QUOTE]

Think gangs, Michael Vick and dogfighting... Then you have a general idea of what that area is like...

[quote name='chriscolbert']Thanks for taking the time to reply! I assumed it must be working out for you guys but sometimes it's hard to fathom how offering some of these deals can be a win for both the consumer and K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

He's right. After I bought Yakuza 3 and 4 I picked up a couple of items, candy and a couple of shirts. Hey every little helps. :)

This is my first time going to K-Mart specifically for a video game deal, so I was a bit nervous about how it would all unfold. I called yesterday to see if they got any Yakuza's in and the associate told me they never even heard of the game. :bomb: The needle on my bs gauge started to fluctuate a bit, however, I gave them the benefit of the doubt since they suggested to call back today around 3:00 PM because they were getting a truck in and that's when stuff would be out on the floor. So I called back today and they knew what Yakuza was. Woo Hoo. What a difference a day makes. :applause: Went there, the cashier was super friendly and overall it was a great experience. He knew about the promotions (free copy of MLB with a PS3), so I'm glad this store has an employee in the electronics section that can accommodate me in the future when more deals arise. Store #7165 gets a A+ in my book.

[quote name='jer7583']I guess 375k is pretty good.

But when the dev budget is 50m+ and they spend 2mil on advertising they better hope that it has legs.

That would put it within range of titles like Dead Space 2, and little big planet 2 for launch months. So good, but not great. I don't see it sticking around the charts though. People will forget about it pretty quickly. If they weren't able to get a half million at launch (especially considering they were touting 2million preorders before launch) that isn't exactly comforting for THQ.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but Dead Space 2 had an amazing launch, sold 1mil+ the first day and shipped 2 mil copies. Your wording looks really odd to me for some reason, so kinda unsure of wha you're saying.

So looking forward to next week's deals....

1. Kmart will not be carrying Crysis 2 on PC. Correct?

2. The first wave of Crysis 2 at all retailers will be the limited edition? Including Kmart?

3. Are their plans on restocking headsets at Kmart stores? Mine currently does not have any which means the $20 off part of the promo won't work for me.

Thanks

I can help with the first two, they wont have Crysis 2 till April on the PC, but Josh did say there would be a deal for it and yes all retailers at launch of Crysis 2 will have the LE on the first run.

That said, Im still on the fence about Crysis 2.

Looking forward to the rest of this months deals and next months deals if Josh posts them tomorrow as possibly mentioned.

[quote name='chewy001']went to same store yesterday afternoon. They had no idea where the game was, after about 20 minutes they found them in the stock room.. Didnt know about the point card deal either and never did get it to work. told them to screw it and would go to TRU to get there deal. They are clueless. I'm glad you got it to work. They tried for like 20 minutes to get it to work.[/QUOTE]

Sorry things didn't work out. I know they are clueless. One of the sales guys told me that if I bought the PS3 version that I would get the points card for free not even knowing the deal was for both versions. But as long as you have a rewards card....Kmart deal rule #1 (don't ask if they know about the deal) The register knows all. If they have the game and accessory you could basically ring it up yourself. Also the Kmart crew in the thread are very helpful. Any problems, just shoot them an email.

i have a question, although i dont care much for kmart i will go there for a deal. why dont the deals "stack" from week to week? as in if i bought da 2 got 10k points why cant i use 10k points off homefront and get 10k points for it?

[quote name='orion1998_1']i have a question, although i dont care much for kmart i will go there for a deal. why dont the deals "stack" from week to week? as in if i bought da 2 got 10k points why cant i use 10k points off homefront and get 10k points for it?[/QUOTE]

Unless im misunderstanding you what you said does work. Many of us do this...

EDIT: Just to make this clear:

You will get the 10,000 bonus points. The only points you lose by doing this are the points you would have gotten for spending the extra $10 in cash, which is negligible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The deals do stack. Your base points earned, however, only reflect money spent. That is, if you use 10,000 points to buy a $50 game, you'll only earn base points on the $40 you paid out of pocket.

The bonus points from special promotions are rewarded no matter how you pay.

[quote name='orion1998_1']i have a question, although i dont care much for kmart i will go there for a deal. why dont the deals "stack" from week to week? as in if i bought da 2 got 10k points why cant i use 10k points off homefront and get 10k points for it?[/QUOTE]

They do stack as you described, this isnt best buy dawg.

Sometimes I don't care much for Kmart either :)

[quote name='Ace!']did you change the deal on Homefront?

I got 15,000 bonus points for it.[/QUOTE]
I don't think so, you had a magic register!

[quote name='GBAstar']So looking forward to next week's deals....

1. Kmart will not be carrying Crysis 2 on PC. Correct?

2. The first wave of Crysis 2 at all retailers will be the limited edition? Including Kmart?

3. Are their plans on restocking headsets at Kmart stores? Mine currently does not have any which means the $20 off part of the promo won't work for me.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
1. In April
2. It will be the limited edition at launch
3. Because the head phones are in the circular, it should be over 95% instock. This would be more of a raincheck issue. Definitely contact stock boy and he'll be able to help.

[quote name='panda911']Argh, you're killing me Stock Boy. Just curious, are you unable to procure any stock or are you guys deciding against it? I know the TEs are supposedly limited to only 20,000 so that might be in play. If at all possible, I'd love to see you guys get some of the TEs, no matter how few you receive. Maybe if you could only ship them to stores where requested by email. That way you kinda have preorders and not have to worry about them sitting there. Also, I feel like the $150 price tag will deter any random passerby from picking up the TE and at least helping the chance that the requester gets the requested item. Please don't make me have to preorder/buy from Best Buy or Gamestop.

Also, this is just how I feel but to me, the KE isn't a proper substitute for the TE. Unlike most CEs or LEs, the TE will come with a useful, physical item for the game. The stick is the big draw. My CAG sense also foresees the KE doing the typical overproduced CE thing of slashed price relatively quickly at BB and/or clearanced out at Target, so if I was gonna grab this version, I'd try to wait for one of the aforementioned routes.

As always, thanks for the deals and even the opportunity to write this message, knowing that there's a likely chance someone of gravitas will read this and maybe even possibly take action upon it. Just know that there is at the very least one person ready and willing to hand over $150 on April 19th for this damn thing.[/QUOTE]
He frustrates me to no end as well. Don't be nice to him, he doesn't deserve it. He secretly hates us all.

Check that, Andrew, can I get another ride home tomorrow :)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Fixed it for you. :) Protip: nothing chases the blues away like chasing interns/underlings/Stock Boy with Nerf guns. I fully expect Stock Boy to "lose" my CE request PMs after this. The poor man gets no breaks. And his ninjas are getting better.

I figure getting older is always better than the alternative.[/QUOTE]
Stock Boy is the kind of guy that would just contact HR instead of just being cool about hazing. The youth of this world just are so entitled.

[quote name='chewy001']went to same store yesterday afternoon. They had no idea where the game was, after about 20 minutes they found them in the stock room.. Didnt know about the point card deal either and never did get it to work. told them to screw it and would go to TRU to get there deal. They are clueless. I'm glad you got it to work. They tried for like 20 minutes to get it to work.[/QUOTE]
I hope you emailed Ad Monster this one! Even though you had to purchase it somewhere else I want to make sure you are taken care of for the inconvenience and that we address the issue with the store.

Whoa, Josh, you seem to be on the ball with posts at the moment, so I hope you can answer this question: Do you plan on having deals for any of the following games later this year?

-Catherine
-Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
-El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
-Shadows of the Damned

One could claim these sound somewhat niche (with the possible exceptions of Catherine and Shadows of the Damned), so that's why I'm asking. :D

[quote name='Vigilante']Whoa, Josh, you seem to be on the ball with posts at the moment, so I hope you can answer this question: Do you plan on having deals for any of the following games later this year?

-Catherine
-Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
-El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
-Shadows of the Damned

One could claim these sound somewhat niche (with the possible exceptions of Catherine and Shadows of the Damned), so that's why I'm asking. :D[/QUOTE]
Maybe
Maybe
No
Yes

haha, I strike again.

[quote name='o_O']I'd like to add another game to that list, Disgaea 4?[/QUOTE]
Prob not; Atlus type titles are still tough at Kmart at the moment.

Catherine may be unique enough to work.

Man, I haven't shopped at Kmart in a while. I really like the people at the one I go to, also! i should go just to check it out, and maybe pick up a clearance title or something. You guys do such a great job! Keep up the deals!!!

Josh, just wanted to say thanks for your work. Went to my local K-mart to pick up Yak 3 & 4 tonight, first time I've been there in over a year. The rep was knowledgeable of all the deals and the game section was cleaned up (used to look like a scrap pile), I'll definitely be making it my first gaming stop in the future; with the deals you've been making.

Nothing on 3DS launch procedures? Any special instructions given to stores? Any chance of some stock numbers being posted like mvc3 le? Thanks.

Also super excited for edf insect armaggeddon. Releases on my bday!

[quote name='burz88']Just watched a trailer for Catherine and...I have no idea wtf was going on.[/QUOTE]
That's how you know it'll be good.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Maybe
Maybe
No
Yes

haha, I strike again.[/QUOTE]You certainly do. ;) Thanks for answering, that helps. Off the top of your head, can you name any other games that aren't necessarily niche for which you won't be having deals? I know that's probably not easy to answer...

[quote name='Vigilante']You certainly do. ;) Thanks for answering, that helps. Off the top of your head, can you name any other games that aren't necessarily niche for which you won't be having deals? I know that's probably not easy to answer...[/QUOTE]
Come on, man. He's not a walking database. Or is he...? :whistle2:#

[quote name='sadboy']That's how you know it'll be good.[/QUOTE]
haha good point. I watched a gameplay video and it showed some demon hands with a fork chasing you as you solved some puzzle. It has now caught my attention.

[quote name='Vigilante']You certainly do. ;) Thanks for answering, that helps. Off the top of your head, can you name any other games that aren't necessarily niche for which you won't be having deals? I know that's probably not easy to answer...[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to think of a title we sent to all stores that didn't have a deal in the past year, hmmmmmm

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Prob not; Atlus type titles are still tough at Kmart at the moment.

Catherine may be unique enough to work.[/QUOTE]

dang been waiting for Disgaea :

[quote name='jer7583']Nothing on 3DS launch procedures? Any special instructions given to stores? Any chance of some stock numbers being posted like mvc3 le? Thanks.

Also super excited for edf insect armaggeddon. Releases on my bday![/QUOTE]
We're just going to wing it :)

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Man, I haven't shopped at Kmart in a while. I really like the people at the one I go to, also! i should go just to check it out, and maybe pick up a clearance title or something. You guys do such a great job! Keep up the deals!!![/QUOTE]
Grrreeeaaatttt

[quote name='Trance Addix']I'm also curious to hear about the 3DS numbers and what Kmart is planning for the launch.[/QUOTE]
It's on my Facebook page! Check it out and like my ugly mug!

[quote name='Trance Addix']I'm also curious to hear about the 3DS numbers and what Kmart is planning for the launch.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. I've been sitting on the idea of cancelling my Amazon pre-order and jumping on K-Mart's 3DS offer as long as I'm confident I can secure one.

So I know there was no Okamiden deal this week. I am not even sure if it is being carried in most Kmarts. any shot at a deal on it if it is in stores in the next week or so?

[quote name='Megatim81']So I know there was no Okamiden deal this week. I am not even sure if it is being carried in most Kmarts. any shot at a deal on it if it is in stores in the next week or so?[/QUOTE]
We did not bring it in; I wanted to but it just didn't work out.

[quote name='burz88']Just watched a trailer for Catherine and...I have no idea wtf was going on.[/QUOTE]
It's a VERY strange puzzle game.

SHC, do you know how soon in April we can expect DA2? I've been itching to play it but have been putting off buying it elsewhere to see what you have in store.

off topic but jesus josh with cag, facebook, the kmart blogger and who knows what else how do you find time to eat a meal? let alone sleep lol

[quote name='medetron']off topic but jesus josh with cag, facebook, the kmart blogger and who knows what else how do you find time to eat a meal? let alone sleep lol[/QUOTE]
Per my picture; yeah, I eat just fine :)

Sleep, not so much.

You all would find it pretty interesting watching how this all goes down in a given day. The "job" so to speak outside of everything here and the other sites is manic on its own. Everything is else is just the salt of life.

I can honestly say the past year has been the craziest of my life. In a good way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back