Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='burz88']SHC, do you know how soon in April we can expect DA2? I've been itching to play it but have been putting off buying it elsewhere to see what you have in store.[/QUOTE]
Should be early April; we'll confirm though.

You need to get some K-mart gift cards on Amazon so I can transfer some of my accumulated credit to K-mart. That 3DS deal is sexy but I got more Amazon credit than I know what to do with, so they win this round.

Josh - asked earlier, but do you think we could get a redux of that Batman:AA deal we had earlier this month? Possibly with the GOTY included this time around?

Oh, and does the stock of the 3DS lean a little to one color vs the other; kinda like Andrew told us regarding the Pokemon Black/White DSi bundles?

I struck out on the Yakuza 4 deal. went to 2 kmarts and called at least four others here in the south chicago and burb area. 1st one had neither Yakuza 4 or3 and the other only had Yakuza 4. None of the others I called had Yakuza 3 either and one of them didn't have 4 either. I'm bummed. I even looked on the web site hoping that maybe the deal would be on it, but it shows Yakuza 4 out of stock. Really? I wasn't really expecting the deal to be there, but out of stock one day after the game came out. And lets be honest, the demand for Yakuza 4 is not that high, even with the great deal... at least I didn't think so. I had asked the customer service attendent about a rain check, but he said no, because it was not in the ad. I will expand my calling tomorrow in hopes of finding a Kmart that has Yakuza 3 in stock also.

I understand not carrying most Atlus titles, but you're really not doing Disgaea 4? And here I assumed all my day-one purchases were going to be KMart from here on. I guess I'm not exactly the best barometer for the regular gaming public, however.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']You need to get some K-mart gift cards on Amazon so I can transfer some of my accumulated credit to K-mart. That 3DS deal is sexy but I got more Amazon credit than I know what to do with, so they win this round.[/QUOTE]

You can't use Amazon credit on gift cards.

[quote name='P1553D']I struck out on the Yakuza 4 deal. went to 2 kmarts and called at least four others here in the south chicago and burb area. 1st one had neither Yakuza 4 or3 and the other only had Yakuza 4. None of the others I called had Yakuza 3 either and one of them didn't have 4 either. I'm bummed. I even looked on the web site hoping that maybe the deal would be on it, but it shows Yakuza 4 out of stock. Really? I wasn't really expecting the deal to be there, but out of stock one day after the game came out. And lets be honest, the demand for Yakuza 4 is not that high, even with the great deal... at least I didn't think so. I had asked the customer service attendent about a rain check, but he said no, because it was not in the ad. I will expand my calling tomorrow in hopes of finding a Kmart that has Yakuza 3 in stock also.[/QUOTE]

wow that sucks, email ad-monster about the stores as I'm sure they definitely have yakuza 4, its just a matter of having someone find the damn box and out out the inventory.

I would love it if Kmart stocked Catherine. So there's my vote, for what it's worth! It is definitely my most anticipated game for the rest of the year.

[quote name='z-money']I would love it if Kmart stocked Catherine. So there's my vote, for what it's worth! It is definitely my most anticipated game for the rest of the year.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='medetron']wow that sucks, email ad-monster about the stores as I'm sure they definitely have yakuza 4, its just a matter of having someone find the damn box and out out the inventory.[/QUOTE]
It was the Lansing Kmart that didn't have either. I'll also ease up on my criticism of it being out of stock online. I just saw that bestbuy.com had it for 39.99 and they are out of stock also. I can pick it up at the store though. Thinking I am going to go that way and save myself the hassle of calling around tomorrow. I also have enough rewardszone points to get it for free. I guess I didn't need Yakuza 3 anyway.

I also don't want to sound too down on Kmart either. The deals that have been posted are great, I have taken advantage of a few of them. MvC3(x2), Goldeneye 007, Metroid other M, Metroid Prime Trilogy(?) and Vanquish. They have been trouncing BB. I don't remember the last deal that BB had that I though was better. Even the Yakuza 4 deal I probably would have went with Kmarts if they had Yakuza 3 in stock. Keep up the good work.

[quote name='P1553D']I also don't want to sound too down on Kmart either. The deals that have been posted are great, I have taken advantage of a few of them. MvC3(x2), Goldeneye 007, Metroid other M, Metroid Prime Trilogy(?) and Vanquish. They have been trouncing BB. I don't remember the last deal that BB had that I though was better. Even the Yakuza 4 deal I probably would have went with Kmarts if they had Yakuza 3 in stock. Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]

fervently agree, i don't remember the last time i shopped a "retail" deal that even came close to the ones Josh's team at Kmart have been pushing out Lately.

Though i find it hilarious that my Kmart purchases seems to only consist of games that have 10,000 SYWR points + "Kmart's crazy get this too deal"

Case in point -Dragon age II, Yak 4, Crysis 2

Kudos to you Josh and your amazing team at Kmart!

Now if only the closest one wasn't 30+ miles away from me...

[quote name='dino88']You can't use Amazon credit on gift cards.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was only for Amazon GC. Regardless I always found it odd to give the option to enter in Gift Cards or Promo Codes, yet it doesn't apply your GC balance to the order but ask if you have any to use.

I noticed in the OP that Kmart is offering 15,000 SYWR points for all Lego Star Wars III platforms (except 3DS). I'm assuming that the OP is correct and it will be offered for the Nintendo DS which has a pricepoint of only $29.99?

If so that's pretty cool that you can buy a new release game and get essentially half of its value in SYWR points

[quote name='z-money']I would love it if Kmart stocked Catherine. So there's my vote, for what it's worth! It is definitely my most anticipated game for the rest of the year.[/QUOTE]

I also want catherine

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We're just going to wing it :)[/QUOTE]

I'll trust that you are joking.. Look forward to more details :)

I will send stock boy an email to know what to expect.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']You need to get some K-mart gift cards on Amazon so I can transfer some of my accumulated credit to K-mart. That 3DS deal is sexy but I got more Amazon credit than I know what to do with, so they win this round.[/QUOTE]

What 3DS deal I couldn't find it on the front page? :bouncy:

Oh and +1 for the value cap as that's where I found Yakuza 3 after a LONG search.

Any clue as to the deals we'll see in April? I'm looking for a good excuse to get that Socom 4 Full Deployment Edition and it's going to have to be a pretty good one, since I got to get Mortal Kombat that day as well.

[quote name='P1553D']I struck out on the Yakuza 4 deal. went to 2 kmarts and called at least four others here in the south chicago and burb area. 1st one had neither Yakuza 4 or3 and the other only had Yakuza 4. None of the others I called had Yakuza 3 either and one of them didn't have 4 either. I'm bummed. I even looked on the web site hoping that maybe the deal would be on it, but it shows Yakuza 4 out of stock. Really? I wasn't really expecting the deal to be there, but out of stock one day after the game came out. And lets be honest, the demand for Yakuza 4 is not that high, even with the great deal... at least I didn't think so. I had asked the customer service attendent about a rain check, but he said no, because it was not in the ad. I will expand my calling tomorrow in hopes of finding a Kmart that has Yakuza 3 in stock also.[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience in my area.

[quote name='P1553D']I also don't want to sound too down on Kmart either. The deals that have been posted are great, I have taken advantage of a few of them. MvC3(x2), Goldeneye 007, Metroid other M, Metroid Prime Trilogy(?) and Vanquish. They have been trouncing BB. I don't remember the last deal that BB had that I though was better. Even the Yakuza 4 deal I probably would have went with Kmarts if they had Yakuza 3 in stock. Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]

There was a metroid trilogy deal? What was it?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We did not bring it [Okamiden] in; I wanted to but it just didn't work out.[/QUOTE]
awww well. thanks for the response. I pre-ordered from a little mom and pop local game store but they haven't gotten it in yet:roll:, and I have been too busy with pokemon anyway.

So how many 3ds games have you been able to play? can you write up a blog about your impressions of each?

oh, and Happy St. Patty's day!

[quote name='gepet0']There was a metroid trilogy deal? What was it?[/QUOTE]
back when Other M came out there was an instant money off the trilogy or mario galaxy 2 or something else whith the purchase of Other M.

I believe the last time was with metroid other m upon release
it was buy metroid other m with $20 coupon and get instant savings of $20 off of any 1 of the following titles metroid prime trilogy, super mario galaxy 2, and 2 of the 3 I dont remember which was not it it (sin and punishment 2, new super mario bros wii and mario kart wii)

[quote name='Rodster']What 3DS deal I couldn't find it on the front page? :bouncy:

Oh and +1 for the value cap as that's where I found Yakuza 3 after a LONG search.[/QUOTE]

It's on his FB page. If i remember correctly it's get a release title for $15 with purchase of a 3ds.

[quote name='P1553D']It was the Lansing Kmart that didn't have either. I'll also ease up on my criticism of it being out of stock online. I just saw that bestbuy.com had it for 39.99 and they are out of stock also. I can pick it up at the store though. Thinking I am going to go that way and save myself the hassle of calling around tomorrow. I also have enough rewardszone points to get it for free. I guess I didn't need Yakuza 3 anyway.[/QUOTE]

They may be sold out. I went around 10am tues to that very store and they have every new game just no points cards. I actually called ahead of time and they went to the back and stocked before I got there

got my e-mail back from SHC Ad Monster yesterday saying my $20 gift card has shipped due to the lack of 1600 points cards in my store...K-Mart has the best service...

[quote name='fujimitsu']Unless im misunderstanding you what you said does work. Many of us do this...

EDIT: Just to make this clear:

You will get the 10,000 bonus points. The only points you lose by doing this are the points you would have gotten for spending the extra $10 in cash, which is negligible.[/QUOTE]
unlees its store based they told me i could not use rewards points and buy a game and get the current deal

[quote name='orion1998_1']unlees its store based they told me i could not use rewards points and buy a game and get the current deal[/QUOTE]
They lied or they dont know their own policy. Josh has commented on this before throughout the life of the thread. Pop a email to Ad monster or Josh and let them know the store.

[quote name='orion1998_1']unlees its store based they told me i could not use rewards points and buy a game and get the current deal[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is so wrong on so many levels.

[quote name='crashcarstar']I know there's a way to print out a temporary SYWR card on the site, but I'm not seeing it. Anyone know where it is?[/QUOTE]

You only have that option the very first time you sign up when this little window pops up. After that it's literally gone forever.

[quote name='chriscolbert']You only have that option the very first time you sign up when this little window pops up. After that it's literally gone forever.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, thanks

This may have been answered before but If I want to get the Yakuza 4 and 3 deal do I need the rewards card. I tried signing up for it but the website refuses to work.

[quote name='Soulstar']This may have been answered before but If I want to get the Yakuza 4 and 3 deal do I need the rewards card. I tried signing up for it but the website refuses to work.[/QUOTE]
You can also sign up in stores. Josh said you can get yakuza 3 for free without the card however you wont receive the rewards points without a rewards card.

Thanks again SHC for contacting my store. Hopefully they have the games out when I go there during my lunch hour today.

Also I sent you an email asking if you can get some XBL pts cards in my store for the Crysis 2 deal. :)

[quote name='crashcarstar']I know there's a way to print out a temporary SYWR card on the site, but I'm not seeing it. Anyone know where it is?[/QUOTE]
Maybe my experience can help you.

I signed up online in November 2010, and never received my card. I was instructed that one option was to go to a K-Mart and sign up again. After that, email customer service and they will then merge your accounts. That would be the quickest fix if you never got your card in the mail.

Hope this helps some of you.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Maybe my experience can help you.

I signed up online in November 2010, and never received my card. I was instructed that one option was to go to a K-Mart and sign up again. After that, email customer service and they will then merge your accounts. That would be the quickest fix if you never got your card in the mail.

Hope this helps some of you.[/QUOTE]

I think it took 4 months to get my card. You dont really need it though as you can just give them the phone number you used to sign up with the card and that will pull up the info.

I am noticing a lot of posts are asking questions about SYWR issues. If you go to the OP, there is information about SYWR and a call number for issues. That team should be able to help out anyone that doesn't have a card, or is experiencing problems.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']I am noticing a lot of posts are asking questions about SYWR issues. If you go to the OP, there is information about SYWR and a call number for issues. That team should be able to help out anyone that doesn't have a card, or is experiencing problems.[/QUOTE]

thats just the norm around here, no one likes to search for anything anymore ;). also there hotline sucks so bad, most of the time they will tell you to wait 30 days for points to show up thus some people not able to use the points for the deals they want. and after 30 days they make you jump through hoops way to many times. i'm sure a quick chat with josh about the sywrs team will shock you lol

[quote name='medetron']thats just the norm around here, no one likes to search for anything anymore ;). also there hotline sucks so bad, most of the time they will tell you to wait 30 days for points to show up thus some people not able to use the points for the deals they want. and after 30 days they make you jump through hoops way to many times. i'm sure a quick chat with josh about the sywrs team will shock you lol[/QUOTE]

Let alone if im able to get someone who speaks good English...My experiences with them has been fail so far

[quote name='mgford11']
Oh, and does the stock of the 3DS lean a little to one color vs the other; kinda like Andrew told us regarding the Pokemon Black/White DSi bundles?[/QUOTE]

Any word on this yet? I know stock boy was able to let us know last time the ratios were a little skewed towards white.

[quote name='mgford11']Any word on this yet? I know stock boy was able to let us know last time the ratios were a little skewed towards white.[/QUOTE]

Each store should be getting the exact same amount of Black vs Blue (Nintendo calls is "Cosmo Black" so it should be far superior to an ordinary Black, and "Aqua Blue").

Oh great, here I go on my quest to get my bonus 10K points. Well I went and grabbed the Homefront + PSN $20 card deal Tuesday after work, worked great ~ $20 OFF. Before I even went to kmart I made sure I was opt-in for ALL emails. I gave the cashier my SYWR card, didn't think twice since I checked my email options before going. So, I get home take a look at my receipt, and sure enough, I only got the 600 points, not the 10,000. So I login to my kmart account and check it out, turns out for some reason or another the freakin membership # linked to my account is NOT the one I have in my wallet! (the card linked to my profile has 420 points on top of it all.)

So I sent an email off the support @ SYWR and have not heard back from them yet, the kicker is that I had almost 5K points on my card, shown on receipt, and was looking forward to the additional 10K to use on a deal next week. So, now I not only have to get the card-mixup-thing taken care of, now I have to get them to honor a non-advertised deal as well, wish me luck.

I am not looking forward to having to contact support to be able to take advantage of future deals.

UPDATE: SYWR support contacted me within 24 hours and got everything straightened out, just have to wait 30 days for the Bonus 10K pts to show up in my account. They handled this much better than I anticipated, from many other people's experience with them, but I officially have no complaints.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Each store should be getting the exact same amount of Black vs Blue (Nintendo calls is "Cosmo Black" so it should be far superior to an ordinary Black, and "Aqua Blue").[/QUOTE]

Any chance in hell to reserve a unit?

No reserves but they are saying that stock will be high for launch day. Josh expects to keep stock until mid week but you never know.

I think facebook said something like "higher stock than Marvel vs Capcom 3"

[quote name='jer7583']No reserves but they are saying that stock will be high for launch day. Josh expects to keep stock until mid week but you never know.

I think facebook said something like "higher stock than Marvel vs Capcom 3"[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm sold especially w/ the deal. Blue or bust, that's why I was concerned - wasn't sure if people were turned off by the color and maybe SHC didnt order as many.

I didn't like how the blue looked at the demo kiosk but obviously that's all personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back