Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not explicitly stated in the OP, but would I be correct in assuming the $5 EA coupon is valid for the same dates as the $20 coupon, 9/4-10/15?

[quote name='Maineavalanche']Not trying to be mean, but why not just get it this week and get the $20 coupon? I mean if you only have $40 to spend on it that is different or if there is really nothing coming up you want to use the coupon on.[/QUOTE]

Its a mixture of both. The next games I want are Ratchet & Clank and Batman: AC, And after buying the Touchpad I can't afford $60.

[quote name='boogie4114']Fry's has them 2 for $30 if you have 1 near by and Toysrus gives a $10gc if you buy 2 together.[/QUOTE]

no frys unfortunately. Considering the TRU deal but I don't shop there ever so the $10 gift card is more a pain in the ass than anything.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'm in for some of those move games, can't beat $10 price point.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if any of the mentioned titles are any good? I'm considering High Velocity Bowling and Eye Pet. Kind of surprised Sports Champions isn't one of the $10 titles.

QUOTE=pimpster4183;8804318]So I stopped by Kmart after work, picked up The Fight for PS3 move, got home to realize you have to have 2 move controllers for the game to work lol. I don't know if it's worth buying another move controller just to play this game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, wasn't sure about the Fight.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Demon Souls got greatest hits because IT DID SELL 500,000 copies world-wide which is enough to qualify as Greatest Hits.

With Dark Souls being on both 360 and PS3, I don't see why it won't be GH as well.[/QUOTE]

Rofl, you seriously think WW sales determine GH releases? You can't be that thick...

I didn't say it sold poorly, i said its GH release was not due to its sales, and it wasn't. There will never be another GH release with sales as low as that one, guaranteed.

I didn't say it wouldn't get a GH release anyway. Its extremely unlikely, but it could happen. Its just not guaranteed like you seem to think, and Sony has no reason to step in this time.

Not sure if it's been posted before, but PS3 Move games are $9.99. The fight lights out, the shoot, start the party, and high velocity bowling are all $9.99 each at KMart stores. I don't think you can order online anymore, but I went to my store and there are a lot of stocks left.

[quote name='pimpster4183']So I stopped by Kmart after work, picked up The Fight for PS3 move, got home to realize you have to have 2 move controllers for the game to work lol. I don't know if it's worth buying another move controller just to play this game.[/QUOTE]
LOL i just did the same thing. Now I remember why I didn't buy this game before. It's okay, time to wait for a good deal on the move controller.

[quote name='sneezebu']Rofl, you seriously think WW sales determine GH releases? You can't be that thick...

I didn't say it sold poorly, i said its GH release was not due to its sales, and it wasn't. There will never be another GH release with sales as low as that one, guaranteed.

I didn't say it wouldn't get a GH release anyway. Its extremely unlikely, but it could happen. Its just not guaranteed like you seem to think, and Sony has no reason to step in this time.[/QUOTE]

That's what Sony's published criteria is, so...

[quote name='o_O']That's what Sony's published criteria is, so...[/QUOTE]

It says nothing about WW sales, as that would make zero fucking sense. Its unlikely it had even hit 500k globally when it got a GH release, and lets not bring VGchartz into this, they are a joke.

Its by far my favorite game this gen, i'm not shitting on it. Again though, there will NEVER be another GH with sales as low as DS. It was put on the GH line for entirely different reasons.

I wonder why sneezebu cares how well something did or why it was greatest hits or anything.

Some people love that game, some hate it. I feel like I would like it a lot if I had a guide in hand while playing. A lot like Dead Rising. Just to smooth out some of the repetitive parts.

[quote name='jer7583']I wonder why sneezebu cares how well something did or why it was greatest hits or anything.

Some people love that game, some hate it. I feel like I would like it a lot if I had a guide in hand while playing. A lot like Dead Rising. Just to smooth out some of the repetitive parts.[/QUOTE]
Only way to get a physical guide for that game is to pay the eBay prices for them, as I believe the guide is still a $100+ one. Otherwise there are plenty of online guides you can go to for help.

I know its early but I have to say I cant wait till this holiday season. between games I am getting for myself and the guys I will be buying some people for christmas, I will have enough in coupons to get a nintendo 3DS

[quote name='ckim85']can i buy madden and return it back, but keep the coupons?[/QUOTE]
May I borrow your wallet, but keep the contents?

[quote name='sneezebu']It says nothing about WW sales, as that would make zero fucking sense. Its unlikely it had even hit 500k globally when it got a GH release, and lets not bring VGchartz into this, they are a joke.

Its by far my favorite game this gen, i'm not shitting on it. Again though, there will NEVER be another GH with sales as low as DS. It was put on the GH line for entirely different reasons.[/QUOTE]

So...what are these mysterious reasons?

[quote name='ckim85']can i buy madden and return it back, but keep the coupons?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but they'll cut $25 out of the refund.

Do you go to eat at a restaurant and ask if you can have a full refund for returning the plate and silverware?

[quote name='sneezebu']It says nothing about WW sales, as that would make zero fucking sense. Its unlikely it had even hit 500k globally when it got a GH release, and lets not bring VGchartz into this, they are a joke.

Its by far my favorite game this gen, i'm not shitting on it. Again though, there will NEVER be another GH with sales as low as DS. It was put on the GH line for entirely different reasons.[/QUOTE]

I hope this guy isn't stupid enough to be cheesebu...

Lmao at people arguing about the criteria for gh games. It isn't a big deal people :) as for ds I've heard that this game kicks your ass but you will just laugh as the game ownes you till you get the hang of it. Is this true ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lmao at people arguing about the criteria for gh games. It isn't a big deal people :) as for ds I've heard that this game kicks your ass but you will just laugh as the game ownes you till you get the hang of it. Is this true ?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That's the way I was with Demon's Souls AND with Catherine. Although I haven't played more than the demo of Catherine as of yet. My one buddy is borrowing my copy of it for a couple of days.

lol it figures a madden fan would come in asking if he could commit fraud. douchebags.

coupons are now tied to your rewards card/individual purchase. If coupons are not surrendered/destroyed when you return something your return amount is deducted for the value of the coupon. So unfortunately your brilliant plan won't work.

I'm really surprised K-Mart isn't trying to get these $20 coupons up before everyone starts pre-ordering from Best Buy ($100 gift card for 5 games, essentially making them $20 off per game)

Silly K-mart. They're about to lose a fall season customer for good

[quote name='GBAstar']Question:

Has anyone bought PS3 Killzone 3 Bundles from Kmart? I thought it was kind of strange that after being sold out for a month or two all of a sudden my store had two in the display case after the $249.99 drop. I picked one up today and when I got it home I noticed the seal was carefully cut. I peaked inside and notice that their was a standard PS3 box inside the outer Killzone 3 box. I had experience with the Black Ops PS3 bundle and I believe this is typical of how Sony packaged this bundles (put a 160GB PS3 inside Killzone 3 / black ops outer box.

HOWEVER..

the inner PS3 box had the seal slit as well. When I opened it up everything was there but it was lose. Nothing was sealed or in protective plastic. The game was opened (Disc was still there) the dualshock 3 controller was just floating around and so weren't the AV cables. To make it worse their were fingerprints on the glossy finish where the power button is.

I want to switch this out for the other KZ3 ps3 but I know customer service can be iffy at Kmart.

This isn't normal is it? I'm really afraid someone switched out a console or has used this. I don't want to plug it in and try it out to see because I'm afraid any type of use will give Kmart leverage in not allowing me to return/exchage.

Thoughts?

Edit: I mean shouldn't the PS3 itself, the dual shock 3 controller and the AV / Power cables all be sealed in plastic wrap? Also I thought the manuals and promotional flyers came sealed in a plastic sleave as well.

What about the game? Does anyone know if that should be sealed?[/QUOTE]

I am reporting back on my experience. It's long so I've tagged it out of consideration for those that just want to skim through. To make a long story short though Kmart sold me a unit that was supposed to have been damaged out back in April. Thankfully management at my store took care of me.

I thought I'd report back and let everyone know how Kmart resolved the above problem.

So last night I went to exchange the KZ3 PS3 Bundle I had originally bought which was obviously returned as nothing was slealed in plastic and was just losely floating around inside the packaging.

When I had gone to Kmart earlier in the day they still had two killzone 3 PS3 bundles that I had noticed about a week earlier. It was odd because they hadn't had these in stock for a few months but they showed up last week.

I asked if I could exchange the one I bought for the other one after showing the customer service lady that mine obviously wasn't new. Surprisingly she said it would be fine (I think they know me by now as I'm in the store several time a month). I went to get the other KZ3 bundle and it was on hold. They said if no one came back by the end of business on Sunday night I could do the exchange otherwise they would just refund me.

[This is why I don't like the way coupons are treated. If I buy an item and use my $20 coupon and their is a failure with that item and nothing to exchange if for why should I be out the value of the coupon? That is why Giftcard and SYWR points are superior IMHO. I suppose that is a rant for another day]

So I came back that night and luckily the other KZ3 bundle hadn't sold (I'm going to thank Hurricane Irene for that). So the electronics cashier brings the other bundle up front so I can exchange it for the "pre-owned" one I bought earlier. The customer service lady goes to return the first bundle I had bought and the system would NOT let her BECAUSE...

...it was showing as already having been returned back in April as a non working unit. It literally showed that in her computer. I could NOT believe that Kmart would tape that back up (do a lousy job with it) and resell it as new (gamestop I could believe but not Kmart). After messing around with the computer for about 10 more minutes she apologized and said that at that time she could not accept the return because the computer was already recognizing the first sytem I bought as having been damaged out in April. Apparently they can track individual consoles because they have unique serial numbers.

I was told to come back in the morning when the electronics supervisor was in. I came back the next day and the electronics supervisor stated the customer service lady was new and must have not known how to exchange the unit properly. He tried and got the same error. He looked frusrated and mumbled something about the unit I purchased should have never been resold and just gave me the new one after taking the old one and told me he wasn't sure how to do the exchange so he rang it up at full price, give me the receipt and then zeroed it out so basically it was an even exchange.

Thankfully their are good employees at Kmart and I was thoroughly impressed that even though it was an ordeal that wasted several hours of my weekend that they seemed sincered and were willing to take care of me even if it took a handful of employees.

Now how a damaged unit gets retaped and resold I have no idea....

Josh and Co.
I know you cannot mention the coupon amount on your future deals this early, but will you be offereng anything for Gunstringer and Rise of Nightmares? I do not see it even on the list, so I assume you won't have any deals on the above titles? Figured I would ask before I confirm Gunstringer via amazon- The addition of Kinect fruit ninja to gunstringer makes it an easy purchase. :) Thanks again.

On another note I have resisted buying games recently. Last purchase was Alice and MS point cards. I wanted to get Deus but wasn't compelled to get day one, so I'll wait. Waiting for the deal that forces me to get back on the coupon train. I have a feeling it will be the Gears deal as that will probably be the first big coupon/deal of the season. I think my HUGE backlog is influencing my lack of purchases. It is almost disgusting how many games i have not played, shoot nor opened.

are you fuck serious?! Don't let the internet door hit your ass on your way out!

[quote name='pimpster4183']So I stopped by Kmart after work, picked up The Fight for PS3 move, got home to realize you have to have 2 move controllers for the game to work lol. I don't know if it's worth buying another move controller just to play this game.[/QUOTE]

The Fight is pretty awesome, as long as you have a good amount of area to play in and are willing to dedicate yourself to it. it's a solid workout.

your skills (punching power, etc) are semi-rpg -- that is, you need to work up your in-game character's strength and speed. therefore, when you first start the game, you'll feel a bit weak against opponents. however, once you level up some, you get in some really sweet fights.

definitely a great game for the dedicated.

Went to the Hazleton, PA K-mart #7708 looking for the new Nintendo Selects because I had a $15 giftcard to spend and there was none :cry:. Now I will forgive them if it was because of the hurricane but still...

Although I did get Monster Hunter Tri instead (game only) so it wasn't a wasted trip :D.

Is Crysis 2 worth $20(including my coupon from DE) or would it be better to wait for Dead Island and start this coupon train?

[quote name='sukTHEfac']I'm really surprised K-Mart isn't trying to get these $20 coupons up before everyone starts pre-ordering from Best Buy ($100 gift card for 5 games, essentially making them $20 off per game)

Silly K-mart. They're about to lose a fall season customer for good[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is that they should be giving out $20 coupons for not even buying anything?

[quote name='dman1991']Is Crysis 2 worth $20(including my coupon from DE) or would it be better to wait for Dead Island and start this coupon train?[/QUOTE]
I'd wait for Dead Island, IMO.
[quote name='Lyricsborn']So what your saying is that they should be giving out $20 coupons for not even buying anything?[/QUOTE]
I think he's saying, he's surprised Kmart isn't announcing their deals sooner, but I don't know! >:'(

Crysis 2 is a great game - I think Dead Island is going to disappoint a lot of people who don't play it in co-op. The developer's last game was an absolute turd, also.

People always get excited about zombie games but I think this is going to be a linear dead rising that plays like left 4 dead but you don't get as many guns. Sounds dull to me.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']So what your saying is that they should be giving out $20 coupons for not even buying anything?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he means that Kmart should announce the coupons for all the games coming up (or at least the ones that Best Buy is offering that $100 reward zone thing). I know that Josh said all the AAA titles will be at least $20 and maybe more on some. But it would be nice to have that list of games with the offers next to it so I can plan my coupon train.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']I'm really surprised K-Mart isn't trying to get these $20 coupons up before everyone starts pre-ordering from Best Buy ($100 gift card for 5 games, essentially making them $20 off per game)

Silly K-mart. They're about to lose a fall season customer for good[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is going to be preordering 5 games this year or can take advantage of the deal. I just upgraded my PC so games like Skyrim are going to be PC purchases for me which Best Buy doesn't include in the 5 for 100 deal. K-mart is a much better deal because A) I can get the games I want, not 3 games I want and 2 games I am iffy on just for $100 and B) you get $100 after you paid for 5 $60 games at Best Buy. With K-mart you get a $20 or so coupon to use on your next game, and well I would rather have $20 off a game right now with a coupon than have an extra $100 lying around on a giftcard I might not use for weeks, months.

I am excited for Dead Island though. One reason is Square Enix is backing this game in America (the publisher went to Square and asked them to sell it in America because they couldn't get it into stores, being such a small publisher). I am sure Square would not market an absolute piece of shit of a game. I mean sure a lot of Square games of recent are pretty crappy but none are horrible shitfests.

[quote name='jkircos']Maybe he means that Kmart should announce the coupons for all the games coming up (or at least the ones that Best Buy is offering that $100 reward zone thing). I know that Josh said all the AAA titles will be at least $20 and maybe more on some. But it would be nice to have that list of games with the offers next to it so I can plan my coupon train.[/QUOTE]

The offers aren't revealed in advance for two reasons as far as what josh has said.

1. avoiding matching/competition from other retailers like amazon and bestbuy and walmart.
2. the offers/deals are highly dependent on publisher cooperation and deals made between kmart and a certain publisher. Sometimes these agreements don't get finalized until very close to release date. That's another reason why you don't see a lot of these deals in the weekly ad. Those are printed weeks ahead of time.

I think from last year holiday he's proven that kmart is reliable to give out the best or equally good deals as any other retailer at launch.

I have faith that Kmart will continue to deliver on deals for new releases, plus hopefully there will be extra bonuses like deals on point cards or $25 coupons like last fall.

If anything, people should applaud Kmart for raising the bar on new release deals rather than popping in here to post the typical "Hah-hah, I'm taking my moneyz to Best Buy."

Either way, Josh has acknowledged the strength of Best Buy's deal, so that competition should prove a benefit for us.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I am sure Square would not market an absolute piece of shit of a game. I mean sure a lot of Square games of recent are pretty crappy but none are horrible shitfests.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you've been Mindjacked.

I'm guessing Dead Island will be the straight up $20 coupon, but I am with others who think this game could be disappointing. People need to be careful about buying too much into games whose main source of hype was a non-gameplay trailer. I'm not saying the game will be terrible, I just would not be surprised to see scores in the 7.5 range.

[quote name='Megatim81']http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=30473

Josh. Zelda with remote bundle for 69.99...

Do we need to flood stock boy's inbox or is this going to be readily available?[/QUOTE]I initially gawked when I saw the bundle, but I don't think I need a fourth Wii Remote (especially since I'm the only one in my household who even plays the Wii right now) despite its epic gold color, and I'm not pining for MotionPlus since I was able to get the Red Steel 2 w/ MotionPlus bundle for $9.98 at Target (clearance) back in January.

I think I'd like the soundtrack more, and that's included with every copy in the first shipment, so...the regular version might be the one for me.

This is a pretty killer bundle for anyone who still needs MotionPlus and/or another remote, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Oh geez, I just read about the bonus 100-hour RPG Professor Layton's London Life included with Professor Layton and the Last Specter, about which I totally forgot. :shock:

http://www.1up.com/news/professor-layton-rpg-tetris-axis-dated

*adds Last Specter to planned coupon train route*

Arkham City & Last Specter confirmed for the same week...YES, PLEASE. :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

And Serious Sam 3. I..do not know what I will do.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']are you fuck serious?! Don't let the internet door hit your ass on your way out![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back