Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maineavalanche']I'm guessing Dead Island will be the straight up $20 coupon, but I am with others who think this game could be disappointing. People need to be careful about buying too much into games whose main source of hype was a non-gameplay trailer. I'm not saying the game will be terrible, I just would not be surprised to see scores in the 7.5 range.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking low 8's actually on this one. I could be wrong. It will be a $20 coupon.

[quote name='sinned47']cant wait to see what kind of deal resistance and dead island are getting[/QUOTE]
Both Resistance and Dead Island are getting the $20 treatment. Driver and Warhammer were smaller buys and I could only do $15's.

Driver will be put on sale pretty quickly though.

Josh, it's looking likely that Kirby's Return to Dream Land :)wii:) or whatever it's called won't be releasing until October, a month after Kirby Mass Attack. Would it be possible to do a deal with the former that involves the latter (e.g. buy Return to Dream Land and Mass Attack in the same transaction, get a $20 coupon and Mass Attack for half off)?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Too early to tell, Nintendo won't release the info for a bit.[/QUOTE]

that sounds like an answer of "you should email stockboy to be on the safe side."

Thanks Josh!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Not everyone is going to be preordering 5 games this year or can take advantage of the deal. I just upgraded my PC so games like Skyrim are going to be PC purchases for me which Best Buy doesn't include in the 5 for 100 deal. K-mart is a much better deal because A) I can get the games I want, not 3 games I want and 2 games I am iffy on just for $100 and B) you get $100 after you paid for 5 $60 games at Best Buy. With K-mart you get a $20 or so coupon to use on your next game, and well I would rather have $20 off a game right now with a coupon than have an extra $100 lying around on a giftcard I might not use for weeks, months.

I am excited for Dead Island though. One reason is Square Enix is backing this game in America (the publisher went to Square and asked them to sell it in America because they couldn't get it into stores, being such a small publisher). I am sure Square would not market an absolute piece of shit of a game. I mean sure a lot of Square games of recent are pretty crappy but none are horrible shitfests.[/QUOTE]
It all depends on what Best Buy does on top of the pre order bonus. If they tag some hot deals for launch on top of it, tough to beat, otherwise I've got a shot to be very competitive.

Generally speaking, small buys-mid tier games are probably going to be a $15 coupon but the major releases (and this year is full of them) we'll be hitting $20 or higher.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, it's looking likely that Kirby's Return to Dream Land :)wii:) or whatever it's called won't be releasing until October, a month after Kirby Mass Attack. Would it be possible to do a deal with the former that involves the latter (e.g. buy Return to Dream Land and Mass Attack in the same transaction, get a $20 coupon and Mass Attack for half off)?[/QUOTE]
I'm operating on a much more constrained Nintendo budget than last year but we'll try to do something.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']I'm really surprised K-Mart isn't trying to get these $20 coupons up before everyone starts pre-ordering from Best Buy ($100 gift card for 5 games, essentially making them $20 off per game)

Silly K-mart. They're about to lose a fall season customer for good[/QUOTE]
Lots of leadership changes internally for me, I don't want to post anything that could change.

[quote name='jer7583']that space marine demo was great. a $25 coupon would make me consider day one (the coupon amount has not been announced for this game)[/QUOTE]
I believe my $15 is too small on this game but the opening order is not hot enough for me to negotiate the extra kicker. We'll try to hit it with a sale as soon as we can. THQ has been pretty stingy on the BER support :)

If anything changes I'll let everyone know. I really do want to hit a $20 with it.

[quote name='alex12353']Is madden going to be on sale for $40 anytime soon?[/QUOTE]
No, I do not believe it will actually and I'm not just saying that. Unless a retailer wants to take a bath on it without EA's support, I don't see a discount within the first 45 days at least.

[quote name='Buzzman']What about NCAA Football? Do you see a sale no that, so we can use them EA Coupons?[/QUOTE]
They are staying away from it until late Sep. early Oct. I think.

[quote name='jer7583']I wonder why sneezebu cares how well something did or why it was greatest hits or anything.

Some people love that game, some hate it. I feel like I would like it a lot if I had a guide in hand while playing. A lot like Dead Rising. Just to smooth out some of the repetitive parts.[/QUOTE]

I really don't, i was responding to somebody saying he would get Dark Souls when it hit GH. I was just trying to explain that Demons Souls got the quickie GH treatment long before most games would because it was a Sony published title in Japan.

They didn't think it would perform well at all and therefore sold the NA pub rights to Atlus, and when it did incredibly well here they fast tracked it to GH for the 2nd printing, because it was already going to be discounted by most retailers and they wanted it to have as much exposure as possible. Sony also hinted at a sequel around this time(not dark souls), which probably pissed From off quite a bit since they didn't even release the game themselves in its biggest target territory.

Dark Souls on the other hand, has no ties to Sony, and is not some sleeper that will catch retailers by surprise with its sales. It will do very well, but its extremely unlikely that it will do well enough for a GH release on its own.

Again, this is by far my favorite game of this gen and i'm not trying to take anything away from its success, i'm simply letting somebody know that Demons Souls was an extremely isolated case. Take a look at the list of PS3 GH if you don't believe me.

yeah I'll probably buy space marine as soon as it hits $40.

Just too much competition this year during the holiday. It really is one of the biggest ones since like 2007, I think. So many heavy hitters. Surprised we haven't heard of any being delayed yet.

I'm all over that motion plus skyward sword bundle. I only have one wii remote at the moment and there's some games I think my wife would like playing.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure how it happened but I really hate retyping it.:hot:[/QUOTE]What the...? This is one reason I wish the OP wasn't a wiki post. Maybe this is a sign you should start thread 7.0, Josh? :???:

Also, remember my offer to help that I sent to your email a week or two ago? ...It still stands. ;)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure how it happened but I really hate retyping it.:hot:[/QUOTE]

You don't have to re-type it, just go to the Wiki edit history, and copy and paste.

Eh, I just did it myself.

Josh, I wanted to wait until after release week, because I know it wouldn't make any sense for you to spill anything when your trying to get the release week sales. Are there any plans on a Deus Ex sale similar to Portal 2 or Alice? I'd be all over Dead Island if anything like that was going to happen before Dead Island's coupon expired.

Thanks

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Too early to tell, Nintendo won't release the info for a bit.[/QUOTE]

Josh, when you get some free time, check yoru email please. Thanks

[quote name='z-money']Hey Josh, how likely is the pre-order functionality rolling out on 9/1? I need to make sure I can keep a copy of Gears 3 LE. :)[/QUOTE]
Not only the pre-order but how about the new website?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm thinking low 8's actually on this one. I could be wrong. It will be a $20 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Did you read Kotaku's first impressions of it??

http://kotaku.com/5829491/five-disappointing-things-about-my-first-few-hours-on-dead-island

It sounds like it's all hype and no substance. 5's and 6's are my guess.

Each of the three characters I played as — Xian Mei, Purna, and Sam B — woke up in the same hotel room, underwent the same starting experience, and performed the same tasks, the dialogue adjusted only as far as using the correct male and female pronouns. Aside from the odd exclamation during zombie battles, the only difference between them was in the skill trees available to sink points into and the hands and feet wielding the game's various weapons.

Books, dishes, and various other props lie scattered about the beaches and beach houses of the island, rooted firmly in place. The swing of a weapon at them did absolutely nothing — it was as if I was swinging through air.

Take beach chairs, for instance. They weren't nailed down. They aren't particularly heavy. Yet a rampaging undead creature still had to go around them in order to reach my sweet, succulent flesh. It's the same thing with bar stools, randomly placed surfboards, beach umbrellas, et cetera. These are things that should be flying out of the way as decomposing fiends charge towards their next meal.

Give me an open-world game, and the first thing I do is test its boundaries. I know there has to be boundaries, but I'm always interested to see what form they will take. Is the bridge out? Is there a fence?

In Dead Island's case, as I waded out into the crystal clear waters of Banoi I fully expected to encounter water too deep for me to navigate. Perhaps they'd have water zombies, waiting to drag me beneath the waves! Maybe I'd swim until I ran out of stamina and drown!

Nope.

A warning flashed on the screen, alerting me to the fact that I was exiting the play area. A few seconds later, the screen faded to black and I was deposited back at the lifeguard shack I started from.

Out of bounds? In this day and age? What a lazy way to corral the player. That amazing atmosphere I mentioned earlier just took a serious hit.

Note: This play area limitation may have just been for the demo build I played. I've reached out to Deep Silver for clarification.

Update: Deep Silver's PR person extraordinaire, Aubrey Norris, explained the reasoning behind this mechanic, which does appear in the full game. " I suppose the game could just kill you when you swim out too far like I've seen in other games, but in Dead Island dying costs you money, and since money is so scarce to begin with, the teleport option is used so as to not penalize the player too badly in that situation."

As the release approaches, it makes sense that we're discussing Dead Island more and more. I haven't read anything about it since earlier this year, though. All I remember about it is the original title art which they had to pull and redo. Anyone else recall that the figure was originally a corpse hanged from the tree?

Looks like I'm going to miss out on the Star Fox deal next week. I'm flying down to Austin, TX for the week, and there's nary a KMart to be found. I want to just say, oh well, I'll grab it cheaper later on... but then this is first party Nintendo we're talking about here. Hmm.

[quote name='Scorch']Did you read Kotaku's first impressions of it??

http://kotaku.com/5829491/five-disappointing-things-about-my-first-few-hours-on-dead-island

It sounds like it's all hype and no substance. 5's and 6's are my guess.

[/QUOTE]
After reading that, I am expecting around 6.5-7 ish. It seems like it's a fun time but it has it's problems. It seems like if you can get past the problems, you will have fun. Those problems in the kotaku article did not bother me. Although not being able to wield a pipe because your the wrong level seems kinda weird but it does make sense if you look at a game like borderlands.

Yeah i think dead island is going to be one of the bombs of the season(at least critically, you can never tell what bad games people will buy) . There's a reason it's being released so early in the holiday, before people can get games they really want.

[quote name='cometcoil']maybe i new here....ok i am new here. but the madden deal isn't on the kmart website and ever looked at my shop rewards home[/QUOTE]All you need to do is be a SYWW member. Have them scan your card and 2 coupons will print out with your receipt. The stipulations and conditions for each coupon will be spelled out on them. Don't lose them or keep them in a warm place. Know that you will have to buy gaming software that is at least $20 (19.99 won't work) with the $20 coupon.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah i think dead island is going to be one of the bombs of the season(at least critically, you can never tell what bad games people will buy) . There's a reason it's being released so early in the holiday, before people can get games they really want.[/QUOTE]
But to be fair, Deus Ex has also jumped out ahead of the crowd and is proving to be a huge critical success. Whether that's translated into commercial success I don't know, but it seems likely it'll do well enough. I think Dead Island's just been hyped so much to separate it from the crowd that it can't live up to the expectations built around it. It's basically the Molyneux/Fable cycle.

It's ok, Dead Island will be the Brink of the fall and we will all be happy to overlook its problems and pick it up for 15$ by the new year.

I really wish I could buy either of next week's two big games at Kmart, but I'm a whore for Special Editions.
Grabbing Dead Island at GameStop for their Limited Edition. Honestly, I think the LE artwork is absolutely fantastic and I can't pass up getting it there for that reason alone. Pains me to do it, but my Special Edition fetish must be tamed.
Also placed an order for the Warhammer Limited Edition from the THQ website. This was a game that wasn't even on my radar until I played the demo. I had such a blast playing the demo that I placed the order immediately. Last game I did that with was Resident Evil 4 on the Cube. That really is a game that sold itself to me based on it's demo alone. I hope it's worth it.

Guess it'll come down to whether or not Kmart carries Bit.Trip Saga 3D or the Gunstringer on the 13th or if there's a nice offer on ICO/Shadow of the Colossus...

[quote name='Megatim81']http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=30473

Josh. Zelda with remote bundle for 69.99...

Do we need to flood stock boy's inbox or is this going to be readily available?[/QUOTE]

Did you notice the disclaimer at the end of the press release:

* Note that the gold controller will simply be gold in color and will not contain any actual precious metals.

[quote name='jer7583']yeah I'll probably buy space marine as soon as it hits $40.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't interested in this game but the demo was great. It had a Gears of War feel to it.

[quote name='jer7583']Crysis 2 is a great game - I think Dead Island is going to disappoint a lot of people who don't play it in co-op. The developer's last game was an absolute turd, also.
[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 was by far the worst game I've played this gen, and I don't say that lightly. The AI was horrific -- they'd see you through walls, run in circles, and jump off cliffs on a regular basis. Walk endless into walls. Run into each other. Forget where you are. Run right by you.

Seriously. Absolute train wreck. I know some people didn't seem to experience these issues as much as others, but a ton of people did. Buyer beware. It was awful.

[quote name='affa']Crysis 2 was by far the worst game I've played this gen, and I don't say that lightly. The AI was horrific -- they'd see you through walls, run in circles, and jump off cliffs on a regular basis. Walk endless into walls. Run into each other. Forget where you are. Run right by you.

Seriously. Absolute train wreck. I know some people didn't seem to experience these issues as much as others, but a ton of people did. Buyer beware. It was awful.[/QUOTE]

Lmao this makes me want to get the game even more now :) was this the console version by any chance ?

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah i think dead island is going to be one of the bombs of the season(at least critically, you can never tell what bad games people will buy) . There's a reason it's being released so early in the holiday, before people can get games they really want.[/QUOTE]
Deus Ex is my GOTY hands down and it was released a week ago. Also it might be a good strategy considering it is not a big name franchise. I mean seriously how many original games are coming out that are not sequels besides Rage after September?

Either way I picked it up at $34 for a PC copy Seems like a pretty fair price for it.

Josh,

Just wanted to say I had a great experience with Suanne at the Kearney, NE store. I went to get a copy of Super Mario Galaxy because I had a $15 coupon that expires on 9/3 and there wasn't anything else I wanted. Anyway, there were only the non-Players Select versions and they were ringing in at 49.99. After checking the stock room and not finding the Players Select versions she came back out and told me she'd change the price on the regular copy to 19.99. She rang me up, I gave her my coupon, and it went through. Mario Galaxy for 5 bucks! I've almost always had a good experience at this store. Just thought you should know.

Since that Gears 3 season pass was announced, a points Deal with gears 3 would be amazing, kinda like the DA 2 and Crysis 2 deals, $15-20 dollar coupon and $20 for a 4k points card.

[quote name='Crippldogg']When is Kmart going to clearance the Killzone 3 Helgast editions?? I went into my kmart today and they had 2 on the shelf for 129.99...[/QUOTE]

Right after they drop the price on the Halo: Reach Legendary edition... Still standing strong at $149.99.

[quote name='affa']Crysis 2 was by far the worst game I've played this gen, and I don't say that lightly. The AI was horrific -- they'd see you through walls, run in circles, and jump off cliffs on a regular basis. Walk endless into walls. Run into each other. Forget where you are. Run right by you.

Seriously. Absolute train wreck. I know some people didn't seem to experience these issues as much as others, but a ton of people did. Buyer beware. It was awful.[/QUOTE]

You must not play many bad games. The AI in Crysis 2 is no worse than the AI in the new Deus Ex.

It's been a while since I was couponing with Kmart - someone remind me if the PC versions of games usually get excluded? Nobody is blowing me away with a BF3 offer yet, but it's the same price as console versions now so I'm hoping it gets the same treatment.

Picked up Madden 12 with no problem at my Kmart. I didn't see any copies of the HOF edition so I'm assuming Kmart isn't carrying it.

For anyone interested here are the expiration dates on the coupons:

$20 General Gaming Coupon: 09/04/11 - 10/15/11
$5 EA Sports Coupon - 09/04/11 - 10/29/11

I hope that helps someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back