KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Octob3rNotic3']I have a quick question, and forgive me if this is basic, or already asked,

If I pick up Mw3 on the 8th, I'll get a $15 coupon, then on the 11th when I buy Skyrim it'll print off another $35 coupon that can both be stacked to buy Assassin's creed on the 15th for $10 then?

I'm sorry to ask, I love these deals, but kmart has mixed it up now with spending thresholds.[/QUOTE]
No, in order to get the $50 in coupons you'd have to buy both games in the same transaction.

[quote name='dino88']If Josh offered MW3 for $29.99 during release week, some of you would still be complaining that you couldn't use your Batman coupon towards it. Are you people trying to get him to quit?[/QUOTE]
Seriously. And really you shouldnt have a Batman coupon by then because it should have already been spent on Uncharted 3 :)

[quote name='dino88']If Josh offered MW3 for $29.99 during release week, some of you would still be complaining that you couldn't use your Batman coupon towards it. Are you people trying to get him to quit?[/QUOTE]
Seriously. And really you shouldnt have a Batman coupon by then because it should have already been spent on Uncharted 3 :)

[quote name='Lyricsborn']So if i buy MW3 & Skyrim and a clearence game would I be able to use my $20 coupon in the same transaction?[/QUOTE]

Assuming your total before tax but after coupon is $110.00 or higher, yes.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']So if i buy MW3 & Skyrim and a clearence game would I be able to use my $20 coupon in the same transaction?[/QUOTE]
As long as the transaction total is $110 or more after that $20 coupon then yes. So mw3 + skyrim = 119.98. So buy a clearance game that's $10.02 or more (which would be $130 total - $20 coupon = $110) and you're good.

Ok, so here is my Kmart plan for the following weeks leading up to MW3.

1. Use $30 general + $10 LotR coupon to get LotR: War of the North at $19.99 before tax. This also gets me a $20 credit.
  2. Now for the release of MW3, my main plan is to buy two copies of MW3, one for PS3 and one for 360. This qualifies my for the $50 coupon. Can this also be combined with one 4000 XBL points card for $29.99 and use the $20 credit from LotR to make it $130 total with a $50 coupon? (If I find a MW3 Hardened edition ($100), then my plans are thrown out the window and I improvise)
  3. I then would use the $50 coupon on either AC Revelations, Saints Row 3 or Jurassic Park The Game.
EDIT: Reading Op again. This might not work but I'm still checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've reconsidered, and I think I'll take advantage of the MW3 and Skyrim deal. What the hell, you only live once, right? Thanks for putting it together, Josh.

[quote name='nightmare452']Ok, so here is my Kmart plan for the following weeks leading up to MW3.

1. Use $30 general + $10 LotR coupon to get LotR: War of the North at $19.99 before tax. This also gets me a $20 credit.
  2. Now for the release of MW3, my main plan is to buy two copies of MW3, one for PS3 and one for 360. This qualifies my for the $50 coupon. Can this also be combined with one 4000 XBL points card for $29.99 and use the $20 credit from LotR to make it $130 total with a $50 coupon? (If I find a MW3 Hardened edition ($100), then my plans are thrown out the window and I improvise)
  3. I then would use the $50 coupon on either AC Revelations, Saints Row 3 or Jurassic Park The Game.
EDIT: Reading Op again. This might not work but I'm still checking.[/QUOTE]

2. It would work fine actually. MW3 x 2 = $119.98. So by default you get the coupon. Adding the 4000 card doesn't adversely effect your transaction in anyway since you are already above the total needed, and using the $20 coupon should not be a problem either since its applied to the total so you don't need to worry about it taking $20 off one of your MW3. Your total will come out to $129.97, but most importantly even if point cards don't count, you still have the $119.98 worth of gaming software which do count!

Enough people aren't thanking Josh and the SHC Gamer team for putting this deal together.

He didn't have to release the MW3 deal info two weeks in advance, and given the amount of grief some of you are giving him, I can see why he might not be so kind the future.

Thank you, Josh. I look forward to purchasing MW3 and whatever else I decide on. I have a $20 BF3 coupon that I will be using, so I intend to spend ~$110-120 after the coupon. Then I'll have a $50 coupon for something the week after. What's there to complain about? Most other retailers won't offer anything substantial, despite the fact the MW3 will again (presumably) top the charts for 2011 gaming sales.

Full steam ahead on the coupon train!

Can you guys set the macro to apply gaming coupons towards live/points cards first then gaming software so people can buy MW3 with discounted card(s) and use their old gaming coupons

Great deal, look forward to devising my plan for next week and the MW3 deal, need to see a LOTR review before I decide if I am getting that or not. Need to make some decisions as to how I need to structure my purchases as well, but however kudos on another great deal. Too bad people will still complain :(

[quote name='rawrker']2. It would work fine actually. MW3 x 2 = $119.98. So by default you get the coupon. Adding the 4000 card doesn't adversely effect your transaction in anyway since you are already above the total needed, and using the $20 coupon should not be a problem either since its applied to the total so you don't need to worry about it taking $20 off one of your MW3. Your total will come out to $129.97, but most importantly even if point cards don't count, you still have the $119.98 worth of gaming software which do count![/QUOTE]You are assuming that less than $9.98 will be discounted from the software when using a $20 coupon. That is likely not true.

He should either add a clearance priced game or save the coupon for another purchase.

I got all excited thinking the $50/110 coupon would overlap with the War in the North and Uncharted 3 coupons. Dammit to hell. :hot: :booty::)

Still a good deal for those interested in MW3 and another game to go with it. Also I love using these opportunities for getting further discounts on CLEARANCE games. You can really stretch your dollar there. But it's a real bummer that YET AGAIN the 360 points cards go on sale, but no love for PSN cards. I think this is like the 3rd time the 360 cards have had a deal since the last time there was a deal on PSN cards (I think it was Crysis 2/Dragon Age 2 that included PSN on the deals?).

Not trying to poo-poo the great effort and constant industry leading deals Josh puts up. I just need some PSN cards LOL, and it's been awhile since the PSN side was taken care of :whee:

Noob question. What happens to any remaining value on a coupon? Let's say I use the $50 coupon on halo ($39.99), what happens to the rest of the gaming credit?

[quote name='themixmaster']Enough people aren't thanking Josh and the SHC Gamer team for putting this deal together.

He didn't have to release the MW3 deal info two weeks in advance, and given the amount of grief some of you are giving him, I can see why he might not be so kind the future.

Thank you, Josh. I look forward to purchasing MW3 and whatever else I decide on. I have a $20 BF3 coupon that I will be using, so I intend to spend ~$110-120 after the coupon. Then I'll have a $50 coupon for something the week after. What's there to complain about? Most other retailers won't offer anything substantial, despite the fact the MW3 will again (presumably) top the charts for 2011 gaming sales.

Full steam ahead on the coupon train![/QUOTE]

Wait, is there another deal on MW3 I'm not seeing? Or are you talking about the XBOX Live points cards?

The $15/40 $50/110 are universal deals, so really it's not a MW3 deal - that one goes to any game.

Basically what I'm saying is that from a PS3/PSN perspective there really is no special MW3 deal at all, although if you spend $120 for a pair of new games it *almost* constitutes a B2G1 sale but not quite.

[quote name='unknownthreat']Noob question. What happens to any remaining value on a coupon? Let's say I use the $50 coupon on halo ($39.99), what happens to the rest of the gaming credit?[/QUOTE]

You cant use it, the value before tax has to be greater than the coupon. Same deal with BB RZ Certs

Activision not allowing a direct coupon on MW3 is another reason I'm not getting it. Need to find something to use the Uncharted 3 coupon on since I'm getting Skyrim on PC and maybe Saints Row 3 as well.

EDIT: Forgot about Skyward Sword when I posted this! Need to find something for THAT coupon. :D

[quote name='unknownthreat']Noob question. What happens to any remaining value on a coupon? Let's say I use the $50 coupon on halo ($39.99), what happens to the rest of the gaming credit?[/QUOTE]

#1: Its not a $50 coupon. Its a $15 and a $35 coupon that will print out.

#2: Coupons can't exceed the value of the item purchased. So if you try using a $20 coupon on a $19.99 item it won't work. The item value pretax has to be over the coupon value. So for you, just use the $35 coupon on Halo Anniversary, and get it for $5 than use the $15 coupon on something else.

[quote name='berzirk'][quote name='Vigilante'] Of course, if you have no interest in Skyward Sword (and if so, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU. :hot:), then your train will end early.[/QUOTE]

Haa haa. I'm the one guy who hated Oblivion. Rented it two different times and I just found it clunky, dull, and cliched. I like RPGs, but for whatever reason that one didn't do it for me. [/QUOTE]

This confused me because:

SKYRIM = Elder Scrolls, Oblivion Sequel
SKYWARD SWORD = Zelda

Should be some fun deals otherwise...

[quote name='Agent Orange']I got all excited thinking the $50/110 coupon would overlap with the War in the North and Uncharted 3 coupons. Dammit to hell. :hot: :booty::)

Still a good deal for those interested in MW3 and another game to go with it. Also I love using these opportunities for getting further discounts on CLEARANCE games. You can really stretch your dollar there. But it's a real bummer that YET AGAIN the 360 points cards go on sale, but no love for PSN cards. I think this is like the 3rd time the 360 cards have had a deal since the last time there was a deal on PSN cards (I think it was Crysis 2/Dragon Age 2 that included PSN on the deals?).

Not trying to poo-poo the great effort and constant industry leading deals Josh puts up. I just need some PSN cards LOL, and it's been awhile since the PSN side was taken care of :whee:[/QUOTE]
Easier for MS to discount points cards since they also charge for XBL so that you can play online (PS3 offers free online play so harder for Sony to discount PSN cards), plus MS & Activision have a special agreement with each other to release CoD DLC on the Xbox first

[quote name='MrNEWZ']This confused me because:

SKYRIM = Elder Scrolls, Oblivion Sequel
SKYWARD SWORD = Zelda

Should be some fun deals otherwise...[/QUOTE]

Oh, whoops, figured you were talking Skyrim. Yah, I have no interest in either of those games. :)

[quote name='JaTaN']Easier for MS to discount points cards since they also charge for XBL so that you can play online (PS3 offers free online play so harder for Sony to discount PSN cards), plus MS & Activision have a special agreement with each other to release CoD DLC on the Xbox first[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured as such. I was actually hoping for a sale on PSN cards to go with the deal on Battlefield 3, since the previous PSN promotions were paired with EA games (but of course those were available for 360 as well, as a PS3 only user it's kind of annoying to keep seeing deals on 360 cards but not on PSN cards... even if there is a good reason for it)..

I was able to get the $10 coupon for buying $20 of Mt. Dew and Doritos. I was able to get 4 12 packs and 2 bags of Doritos for $20.58 + tax. Coupon printed with no problems. The only thing that sucked was that none of the Doritos had the 2XP codes and I bought a 12 pack of regular Mt. Dew and did not realize till I got home it was not a special one with 2XP. So I only ended up with 3 items with 2XP (135 min total). I will say though the citrus cherry flavored Mt. Dew is really really good. I also got a Tropical fruit one but have not tried it yet. Most likely use the coupon to get a point card for half off since the week it is good you need to spend more than $110 to get the $50 coupon.

So I went to my Kmart to pick up the MTN DEW $10 coupon...Every single 12 pack was marked as participating with the stickers on it, as well as every Dorito Bag... I picked up four 12 packs and 2 Dorito bags...

It seems my Kmart simply slapped on those special stickers to everything they had before the promotion began and I walked out empty handed (with regards to the 2x XP codes) but the coupon printed fine. So I get home and check for the codes and I have none... :/ kind of a bummer!

Just a heads up for people looking for the XP Promo as well!

[quote name='cancerman1120']I was able to get the $10 coupon for buying $20 of Mt. Dew and Doritos. I was able to get 4 12 packs and 2 bags of Doritos for $20.58 + tax. Coupon printed with no problems. The only thing that sucked was that none of the Doritos had the 2XP codes and I bought a 12 pack of regular Mt. Dew and did not realize till I got home it was not a special one with 2XP. So I only ended up with 3 items with 2XP (135 min total). I will say though the citrus cherry flavored Mt. Dew is really really good. I also got a Tropical fruit one but have not tried it yet. Most likely use the coupon to get a point card for half off since the week it is good you need to spend more than $110 to get the $50 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Does the citrus Cherry still have that Mt. Dew Aftertaste or does it just straight taste like "citrus Cherry"?

I don't even know WTF flavor regular Mountain Dew is supposed to be. But I can't stand it. I'd be all over this deal if it was on Dr. Pepper or Coke... or basically anything else besides Mt. Dew LOL. I guess I could just go get about 6 or 7 bags of Doritos but just seems like overkill for me considering I don't usually eat Doritos

[quote name='zechs34']So I went to my Kmart to pick up the MTN DEW $10 coupon...Every single 12 pack was marked as participating with the stickers on it, as well as every Dorito Bag... I picked up four 12 packs and 2 Dorito bags...

It seems my Kmart simply slapped on those special stickers to everything they had before the promotion began and I walked out empty handed (with regards to the 2x XP codes) but the coupon printed fine. So I get home and check for the codes and I have none... :/ kind of a bummer!

Just a heads up for people looking for the XP Promo as well![/QUOTE]

I am not sure about the Doritos but the Mt Dew has MW3 artwork on it for those with 2XP. The code in under the top of the box. I drink Mt Dew so I don't mind doing this for the XP boost...plus the $10 coupon is nice. At least at my Kmart they were selling 12 packs at 4 for $14...I had 2 $1 off coupons. The Doritos were a bit pricey at $4.29 a bag but it got me right to $20 so I was fine with it.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Does the citrus Cherry still have that Mt. Dew Aftertaste or does it just straight taste like "citrus Cherry"?

I don't even know WTF flavor regular Mountain Dew is supposed to be. But I can't stand it. I'd be all over this deal if it was on Dr. Pepper or Coke... or basically anything else besides Mt. Dew LOL. I guess I could just go get about 6 or 7 bags of Doritos but just seems like overkill for me considering I don't usually eat Doritos[/QUOTE]

I would say the citrus cherry has untones of regular Mt. Dew (its is like code red) but it has more of a bite at the end...it is different for sure. You might want to try and find a 20 oz bottle to try, although those run about $1.50 these days.

[quote name='zechs34']So I went to my Kmart to pick up the MTN DEW $10 coupon...Every single 12 pack was marked as participating with the stickers on it, as well as every Dorito Bag... I picked up four 12 packs and 2 Dorito bags...

I went to grab that deal and nothing had the XP codes yet either. No stickers too.

Am I the only one reading the deal wrong? The first page says the following after the description of the deal:

Total must be above $110 before tax, discounts, and coupons.

why does everybody say the deal is $110 after coupons as it states before coupons, or is this just an error?

I also would like to know if the deal is just valid on the games released that week? or all games?

Coupons for next week was posted on the blog.

Just revealed:
$15 coupons from buying Goldeneye Reloaded and Sonic Generations
$50 coupon from buying Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle
$25 coupon from buying a 3DS.

[quote name='themixmaster']Enough people aren't thanking Josh and the SHC Gamer team for putting this deal together.

Thank you, Josh.[/QUOTE]

I second this, Josh and SHC have done a fantastic job and have been very patient with us CAG's :)

THANK YOU JOSH AND SHC GAMER!

[quote name='kaseyjakes']also, i emailed stock boy about allocating a MW3 HE to my store last week. i assume he's swamped with emails but if i don't hear back from him should i assume my store isn't getting one or show up when the store opens at 8 and hope there's one there?

/ramble[/QUOTE]

hope there's one. i never received word about forza 4 but turns out there were two (at least, since it was the end of the week)

[quote name='LVBeto']Would this work:
Buy Skyrim, MW3, Xbox Live 12 Month Gold card. Use my $30 Batman coupon.

I should still get the $50 coupon, right???[/QUOTE]

no one's really sure. it should but its a risk imo

[quote name='emg28']I like to think that I would've eventually figured that out. :)[/QUOTE]

so u wouldn't have? i'm considerin that myself

[quote name='Butatoy2008']i read the first page, so no coupon for ac:revelation & saint row 3? :cry:[/QUOTE]

there is. or a deal similar to mw3/skyrim week. its just not released yet

[quote name='pedromvu']Am I the only one reading the deal wrong? The first page says the following after the description of the deal:

Total must be above $110 before tax, discounts, and coupons.

why does everybody say the deal is $110 after coupons as it states before coupons, or is this just an error?

I also would like to know if the deal is just valid on the games released that week? or all games?[/QUOTE]

should be a mistake. and all games

[quote name='Butatoy2008']i read the first page, so no coupon for ac:revelation & saint row 3? :cry:[/QUOTE]

The deal for that week hasn't been announced yet and probably won't be for at least another week.

[quote name='chriscolbert']The deal for that week hasn't been announced yet and probably won't be for at least another week.[/QUOTE]
but it say "No coupon offer by itself"

This is probably going to make a huge mess of everything, and I don't see it in here yet, but I think this is something that Josh might have to look into.

The way I understand it, I can get 1 points card or 12-month card for 20 bucks off (so 29.99) if I buy MW3. So if I buy MW3 and Skyrim and a 12-month card, my total is going to be slightly under 150 bucks. I'd like to be able to use a coupon (let's say a 20 dollar coupon), in order to keep the total above 110 (or even a 15 and a 20). SO the question is this:

Is there a way that the coupon can be applied just to the points card, so that the total (that counts, which is only the games, as far as I can tell) stays over 110? Or will the coupon take a coordinating amount of dollars off each item, such that the price being paid for the games falls below the 110 threshold?

[quote name='SeanTM22']Seeing as this $110/$50 is just an overly complex B2G1, it might just be easier to go with the Target B2G1 deal[/QUOTE]

I guess if target is releasing mw3 a week early :/

My KMART had no stickers, but they did have signs for the promo. But, I'm not a COD player anyway, so no big deal.

But, what really was annoying is they ONLY had regular Mt. Dew. That's it. No Diet Mt. Dew, no Voltage, Gamer Fuel, etc. In anything... 2 liters, 12-pack, small 8-pack cans, 20 oz. Nowhere in the whole damn store.

So, I bought 5 bags of Doritos. Those are easy to eat with friends and such while watching football or whatever. But, I personally only like diet soda, as I don't like to drink my daily allotment of sugar in 40 seconds.

Still... the coupon printed and all is well. Still a good deal, but not if you wanted the XP points at my store.

As of 2:30 PM today, there were still 3 LE BF3 for 360 at the Kmart in Diamond Bar, CA. I drove around town a bit looking for one while I was in the LA area for work.

Carry on.

Are PSN and XBLA point cards still considered gaming software, so they would count towards the $110 amount you need to spend to get the $50 coupon?

[quote name='sillymonkey321']Are PSN and XBLA point cards still considered gaming software, so they would count towards the $110 amount you need to spend to get the $50 coupon?[/QUOTE]

No. Software only.

Has it been stated if we'll be able to find out which stores are getting the Hardened Edition of MW3 before launch? I've got 3 K-marts nearby, but from the sound of it, if I end up going to the wrong one, there won't be enough time to check another (Of course, even if I go to the right one, I have to hope the employees know enough to have it ready to sell). It'd be the easiest thing to get along with the MGS Collection to get the $50 coupon.
Actually, when you say 1 copy for every 2 stores, is that a grand total, or per console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back