KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats all this talk about a coupon for the headsets? You buy BF3 and the headset together for the 20 gaming coupon and receive the discount for the headsets on the spot right? I think alot of people are misinformed.

[quote name='RyanEvans']got battlefield 3 (LE) (K-Mart,Los Angeles) :applause:they still have 6 for xbox & 5 for ps3. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I also picked up my LE copy at the Whittier (los angeles) K-Mart :D. However, when the receipt was printing out it got stuck, ugh! and my $20 coupon didn't print out. So the cashier then sent me to customer service and they did a return/rebuy and it printed out fine...

Josh if you're reading this, will I have any issues with this coupon due to the return/rebuy they did?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I hope you all like it!!![/QUOTE]

Awesome gc's...Wow, really pushing me towards Hardened edition. Are there really only going to be 1-2 per store of MW3 HE then? With this promo, I would hope you stock more...at every store;)

Thanks for the awesome deals, BTW. Regardless of my troubles today...I think my bf3 texture pack is installing so I'll sign off.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure I understand the question completely. $35 game?[/QUOTE]

I think he was talking about the the free $35 game with the UC3 bundle.

EDIT: DAAAAAAAAAMN that is a very strong offer for MW3....

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I hope you all like it!!![/QUOTE]

Question re: Shop Your Way Reward Members that spend $110 or more in gaming software will receive $50 in gaming coupons.

Does "gaming software" include things such as Xbox Live Points cards?

Also, if I use a gaming coupon from a previous purchase (such as Batman/Uncharted 3) on the purchase towards $110, will that affect my ability to get the coupon? Say I spend $120, then use a $20 or $30 coupon, will I still get the $50 coupon?

Thanks Josh.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']And this is exactly the reason I continue to give K-Mart so many chances. If something goes wrong, Josh is right on top of it. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's awesome. I mean come on...I realize it's not high paying I'm sure, and I have no problem if they buy it on their own...but to actually take it from a customer right in front of them? :lol: I mean I'm all for being as chill as possible on the job, but COME ON.

Going back to K-Mart tonight I guess to see if Kirby's in :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I think he was talking about the the free $35 game with the UC3 bundle.

EDIT: DAAAAAAAAAMN that is a very strong offer for MW3....[/QUOTE]
Isn't the dual pack $39.99 though?

Holy smokes those uncharted 3 and mw3 deals are amazingly good. If I didn't have a ps3 already I would jump on that before you you could even ask me "are you interested in this deal ?" Lol

[quote name='bmachine']So, this is freakin' awesome:

8718719033.jpg
[/QUOTE]Bastard, more off for headphones with UC3 than BF3. Is $10 going to make me return the headset and rebuy? I haven't even beaten U2 yet. Damn it.

[quote name='whizer17']Josh, Can you explain the Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle? I am curious to know what the $35 game is for next week? Can I use that towards another full priced game if there is nothing of interest at $35 or will it just act like a $35 gaming coupon?

My ps3 recently YLOD and I plan on buying this bundle next week and just trying to figure out where to buy it. Also I have the $30 coupon from Batman and was wondering if it will work towards this bundle as well?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure I understand the question completely. $35 game?[/QUOTE]

Were you talking about that post? I think the guy was asking if there were going to be any games priced at $35 specifically for that deal.

Going back to the MW3 week deal... I think I am going to wait a week to snag Uncharted 3 and something else then. :D

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hey SHC, while you're in here: will the Sonic Generations offer knock my socks off? :D[/QUOTE]

This ! I was ignoring this game at first but I've played the demo 10,000 times and I really want it now

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Were you talking about that post? I think the guy was asking if there were going to be any games priced at $35 specifically for that deal.[/QUOTE]
Josh, I think the guy was referencing the OP.
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hey SHC, while you're in here: will the Sonic Generations offer knock my socks off? :D[/QUOTE]
Here's hoping that Josh will become the Friend of Friend of Sonic.

[quote name='monstericreated']Question re: Shop Your Way Reward Members that spend $110 or more in gaming software will receive $50 in gaming coupons.

Also, if I use a gaming coupon from a previous purchase (such as Batman/Uncharted 3) on the purchase towards $110, will that affect my ability to get the coupon? Say I spend $120, then use a $20 or $30 coupon, will I still get the $50 coupon?

Thanks Josh.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sure these were apparently answered (and discussed) with the MK deal, since it sounds like it's similar, but I'd agree that some clarification from Josh would be nice, since diving through the thread looking for MK week sounds awful, since there were an awful lot of weeks were MK was discussed.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Holy smokes those uncharted 3 and mw3 deals are amazingly good. If I didn't have a ps3 already I would jump on that before you you could even ask me "are you interested in this deal ?" Lol[/QUOTE]

What's the MW3 deal you guys are talking about? Is there something else added besides the $20 coupon??

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']I guess its under the barcode
PS3[/QUOTE]
There should be an extra digit after that. Perhaps a 7. Was yours a non limited edition?

Looking for the upc for the non limited editions now.

[quote name='DerClaw']I'm sure these were apparently answered (and discussed) with the MK deal, since it sounds like it's similar, but I'd agree that some clarification from Josh would be nice, since diving through the thread looking for MK week sounds awful, since there were an awful lot of weeks were MK was discussed.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't a part of/didn't witness the MK deal discussions, and as you said, going through the thread to dig up such lengthy discussions isn't an ideal solution.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I hope you all like it!!![/QUOTE]Uh...WOW, Josh. :applause: I'm actually seriously considering holding off on buying Uncharted 3 next week so I can get it with Skyrim for the $50 in gaming coupons (as an aside, will it be a single $50 coupon or will it be split into multiple coupons, like two $25 coupons?).

...You know, I think that's exactly what I'll do. Paying $90 for two AAA games (after the $30 B:AC coupon) and getting back $50 in coupons? CRAZY. :bouncy:

[quote name='monstericreated']Question re: Shop Your Way Reward Members that spend $110 or more in gaming software will receive $50 in gaming coupons.

Thanks Josh.
[/QUOTE]I'd also like to know the answer to the second question, as I forgot the answer to this question when it was last asked during the MK deal. :whistle2:#

EDIT: Uh-oh. I just noticed this in the blog post:
Limit 1 coupon per transaction. Limit $100 in gaming coupons per Shop Your Way Reward Member. Important: Redemption window is 11/13 through 11/23.
Does that mean we'll have to use the $50 in coupons before Thanksgiving...? Or is that not applicable to every gaming coupon described before it?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am waiting for someone who operates the system to provide me an excel sheet of all the drops the very moment I receive it I'll work on posting but may need our good ole' friend Confoocious's help to format it for CAG.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update Josh. For what it's worth, I really appreciate everything you do here. A lot of CAGers were not so sure about you when you first showed up but you've been great. You personally helped me out at my local Sears as well as many others at their stores as well. Thanks for everything. I didn't mean to imply that you 'owe' us a clearance list as it seems some here thought I was saying. I was just was just giving you a proding reminder about it so we could have at least an idea when you would post it so I could avoid checking the forum unnecessarily.

[quote name='strait edge follower']This ! I was ignoring this game at first but I've played the demo 10,000 times and I really want it now[/QUOTE]

Hi. I too loved the demo. I wasn't going to get the game but I fell in love with the demo!:D

Thanks Josh.
[/QUOTE]

To answer your second question, NO, it will NOT work. Your total amount has to be $110 or over and using a coupon will drop it below that value. It's been discussed before in this thread and I have personally tried this out before during the Buy 120, get $60 coupon.

The reason why the coupon train works so well is because the coupon that's printed out is linked to the purchase of a specific title. ie. Buy Batman AC, get a $30 coupon. You could use any amount of coupons and still get the $30 coupon to print out because you are still purchasing Batman AC.

In the case of the Spend X, Get Y coupon, the coupon prints when you spend a certain amount and thus your TOTAL has to be X or more, making your coupon-stacking in this case not possible.

That MW3 deal is ridiculous, should be able to score a Hardened edition at my store, still have a couple coupons I can use. Hopefully it'll work like mortal kombat and portal deals and you can use coupons as well and still get the $50.

Picked up BF3 this morning, only 3 LE copies for the 360 in stock, no x-12's however, hopefully they get some in by the time MW 3 comes out.

[quote name='Miro']To answer your second question, NO, it will NOT work. Your total amount has to be $110 or over and using a coupon will drop it below that value. It's been discussed before in this thread and I have personally tried this out before during the Buy 120, get $60 coupon.

The reason why the coupon train works so well is because the coupon that's printed out is linked to the purchase of a specific title. ie. Buy Batman AC, get a $30 coupon. You could use any amount of coupons and still get the $30 coupon to print out because you are still purchasing Batman AC.

In the case of the Spend X, Get Y coupon, the coupon prints when you spend a certain amount and thus your TOTAL has to be X or more, making your coupon-stacking in this case not possible.[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling this would be the case... Hmm, in which case, I don't think this deal will be worth it for me, especially with the limited redemption window. Thanks!

Will K-Mart be carrying Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (for Xbox)?

If so, I'll jump on whatever Skyrim deal they're running and use it towards Marvel.

Thanks in advance if you can answer.

[quote name='Solder']Will K-Mart be carrying Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (for Xbox)?

If so, I'll jump on whatever Skyrim deal they're running and use it towards Marvel.

Thanks in advance if you can answer.[/QUOTE]Kmart won't be carrying UMvC3 due to their still having many copies of MvC3 left to sell.

Hey, just tried to get the Disney Universe game for the XBOX 360, but the coupon didn't print.

I already sent an email, but I figured I'd post it here for the TWO of us who will buy said game for their kids for Christmas.

[quote name='41down']ouch! ive been off the coupon train since dec of last year due to the same reasons. very unorganized, never had the game on release, rude employees, and the simple fact that it would take me 15 mins just to get someone to come over to electronics for me. the batman coupon sucked me back in too, and luckily the past two weeks have been much more pleasant then things were last year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was the same way. I keep saying "never again". It's a credit to Josh that I somehow keep giving them one more chance, but it's easy to get frustrated given the time/gas spent going to the store just to leave empty-handed or having to make multiple attempts. I've been skeptical about calling on the phone given how some employees obviously won't make the effort to look when you're standing right in front of them and assume there's a greater chance to get them to go in the back in person. I do often at least get someone going through the motions of looking in the back. Not today, though.

And the coupon train only works if you use those coupons on things you wanted to get anyway. It falls apart when I get frustrated with making trips and not finding what I want, so I just grab a PSN card to get off the train.

I'm confused about the wording on the MW3 offer. It's a bit much and broken down weirdly. Is there an idiots guide to that offer?

[quote name='Mad39er']I'm confused about the wording on the MW3 offer. It's a bit much and broken down weirdly. Is there an idiots guide to that offer?[/QUOTE]
from what I read:
But MW3 get $15 coupon
Spend $110+ get $50 coupon

Save $20 on MS points or a year of XBL w/ purchase of MW3

(all pre coupon as in no coupons used)

Question on the MW3 deal: Do you have to spend $110 on one receipt, or can it be split across several days? I'd like to get MW3 Hardened on 11-8 and then Skyrim on 11-11 (total of $130 after $30 B:AC coupon). Will I still get a $50 gaming coupon?

Went to K-Mart this morning and to my dismay, there were no copies of Battlefield 3 for either PS3 or 360. They were having a meeting at the front of the store and it was still pretty early so I blame that. Anyways, I asked someone for help and told them about Battlefield 3. They returned with four copies of it, two for PS3 (one LE and one not), two for 360 (one LE and one not). He asked what system and if I wanted the LE.

$20 coupon printed out, but the headset one did not. That's okay because I didn't really want the headset.

[quote name='Vigilante']Kmart won't be carrying UMvC3 due to their still having many copies of MvC3 left to sell.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. Also REALLY surprised there is no flat out coupon for Skyrim.

Guess Best Buy gets my sale this time (and my 2 neighbors)

Questin: for the spend 110 dollars get 50 dollar gaming coupon, now that is during the week when Mod 3 and SKyrim comes out, now is there going to be a coupon deal with Skyrim also? SO if i buy both those games would I get the 50 dollar coupon and say the coupon that comes with Skyrim?

[quote name='209chromatic']So it's been confirmed that you will be able to buy Call Of Duty Elite with Microsoft points?[/QUOTE]

I second this question.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Questin: for the spend 110 dollars get 50 dollar gaming coupon, now that is during the week when Mod 3 and SKyrim comes out, now is there going to be a coupon deal with Skyrim also? SO if i buy both those games would I get the 50 dollar coupon and say the coupon that comes with Skyrim?[/QUOTE]Based on what's been said on the KmartGamer Facebook page, Skyrim will not have its own coupon offer, which is somewhat surprising.

[quote name='Vigilante']Based on what's been said on the KmartGamer Facebook page, Skyrim will not have its own coupon offer, which is somewhat surprising.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it will have an offer the following week?

[quote name='209chromatic']So it's been confirmed that you will be able to buy Call Of Duty Elite with Microsoft points?[/QUOTE]

apparently

http://forums.digitalwarfare247.com/index.php?/topic/43319-buy-cod-elite-for-4000-microsoft-points/

Headed to Kmart looking for Pokemon Rumble Blast but it was no where to be found :(

But they did have a copy of Battlefield 3 LE for both 360 and PS3. Picked up the PS3 one and coupon printed no problems what so ever :D

Gonna head back tomorrow and try and get Pokemon Rumble Blast and maybe Kirby :)

I gotta give Josh credit for that deal but there are some very critical points that have already been mentioned that need to be emphasized again.

1. The $40 and $110 "price points" to trigger the coupons have to be AFTER any coupons that you may be using towards the purchase. So anyone planning to say, just buy MW3 using a $20 or $30 coupon WOULD NOT get the $15 coupon. Likewise, buying MW3 and Skyrim and using any coupon whatsoever will put you under the $110 requirement.

2. You will have only 11 days to use the coupon and it ends the day before Thanksgiving. I remember last year K-Mart had some awesome Thanksgiving Day deals as well as BF deals, so you wouldn't be able to use it towards anything then.

Not trying to be a downer, as I think this makes more business sense for K-Mart and at its core it is an amazing deal (especially the 110/50), I just imagine a lot of issues when people redeem their coupons and don't get new ones due to the limitation. They will have lost their coupon and want it to be fixed and I really hope Josh politely denies those requests since it will have been their own fault.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I gotta give Josh credit for that deal but there are some very critical points that have already been mentioned that need to be emphasized again.

1. The $40 and $110 "price points" to trigger the coupons have to be AFTER any coupons that you may be using towards the purchase. So anyone planning to say, just buy MW3 using a $20 or $30 coupon WOULD NOT get the $15 coupon. Likewise, buying MW3 and Skyrim and using any coupon whatsoever will put you under the $110 requirement.

2. You will have only 11 days to use the coupon and it ends the day before Thanksgiving. I remember last year K-Mart had some awesome Thanksgiving Day deals as well as BF deals, so you wouldn't be able to use it towards anything then.

Not trying to be a downer, as I think this makes more business sense for K-Mart and at its core it is an amazing deal (especially the 110/50), I just imagine a lot of issues when people redeem their coupons and don't get new ones due to the limitation. They will have lost their coupon and want it to be fixed and I really hope Josh politely denies those requests since it will have been their own fault.[/QUOTE]*sigh* If this is all true (and it would be great if Josh could confirm/deny), then this might not be as awesome of a deal as I thought. :cry: I hope there's some kind of deal the following week due to all of the releases then (and which would include Skyrim), and that if there is a coupon, you'll have the standard 41 days to use it.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Question on the MW3 deal: Do you have to spend $110 on one receipt, or can it be split across several days? I'd like to get MW3 Hardened on 11-8 and then Skyrim on 11-11 (total of $130 after $30 B:AC coupon). Will I still get a $50 gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]

Same transaction only. So unless you know someone there that will hold it for you (if they even get any) until Friday then you'd be SOL.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I gotta give Josh credit for that deal but there are some very critical points that have already been mentioned that need to be emphasized again.

Not trying to be a downer, as I think this makes more business sense for K-Mart and at its core it is an amazing deal (especially the 110/50), I just imagine a lot of issues when people redeem their coupons and don't get new ones due to the limitation. They will have lost their coupon and want it to be fixed and I really hope Josh politely denies those requests since it will have been their own fault.[/QUOTE]
Everything mentioned here is complete true and should be noted for all questions about the deal. The bolded the redemption period on the blog for everyone to reference and the redemption period is in the ad. Please make sure you have a plan for the coupon to make sure you don't forget about it!

Also, the coupon rules have always been that if you use a coupon it devalues the purchase just as a heads up. Think of this as almost a extended B2G1. The following week's offer has a similar theme actually.

Interesting to see the return of the staggered coupon deal, though I'm surprised and disappointed it's not the following week, when there's like 6 or 7 titles releasing the same day. Since I'm getting Skyrim for PC, and holding off on MW3, there's not much incentive there for me (personally, of course, but I can see this being huge for others.)

I'm kind of unsure how to proceed, anyways. I have BF3 from Amazon with credit, but with no credit on UC3/AC:R, I'd rather just get it from Kmart. But I don't know that I'd get an LE by the time I get there today.

The full web presence really needs to get up and running. Not having PC titles (due to the scale of stock needed for B&M) is really starting to get depressing, since my focus is shifting that way and I can't therefore participate in the Coupon Train like I used to. The train is leaving the station without me.

No Battlefield 3 or any new release games for that matter at the Bangor, ME Kmart. Female associate looked really hard too and assumed since she couldn't find any new release games that the store must not have gotten them in. Odd because this particular store is usually on the ball.

I'm a few hundred posts behind the eight ball so I need to reread a lot of posts. These upcoming deals look good but I'm not a fan of lots of fine print and it appears like their is a lot of that in the upcoming deals; especially modern warfare 3

If you can wait for mw3 and buy it at the same time as skyrim (and if you're not on the coupon train already), then it's like a 25 dollar coupon for each... I guess that's a thing. This seems like it has the potential to be a better deal, especially if you can use 30-dollar MS Points cards as filler to get to the 50 dollar coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back