KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Yes. Basically it is a B2G1 free (almost) more like B2 get 1 for $10 deal.[/QUOTE]Or buy 6 clearence games, get a free $50 psn card. Whatever floats your boat.

Im thinking if using coupons lowers the 110 threshhold im going to buy 3 copies of nhl 12 this week using my 3 batman coupons and trade them to BB and get off the train for now. The sale price at kmart is about what you would get at bb.

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']Im thinking if using coupons lowers the 110 threshhold im going to buy 3 copies of nhl 12 this week using my 3 batman coupons and trade them to BB and get off the train for now. The sale price at kmart is about what you would get at bb.[/QUOTE]

Did you use a different SYWR account for each of those Batman purchases? There was a limit of one per account and even though it was reported that the register would print one out on multiple purchases I don't think you're going to be able to redeem more than one if it's all tied to the same account. I mean it might but your account could possibly end up flagged, but since you're getting off the train it may not be a big deal.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Did you use a different SYWR account for each of those Batman purchases? There was a limit of one per account and even though it was reported that the register would print one out on multiple purchases I don't think you're going to be able to redeem more than one if it's all tied to the same account. I mean it might but your account could possibly end up flagged, but since you're getting off the train it may not be a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt aware there was a limit. (i got 2 copies for friends who didnt care about the coupon). The coupon does not mention it being one per acct. If the system allows it, i dont see how I would be flagged since i am playing by the.rules

Edit: the faq on page one mentions limit 2 deals per title per acct.
Was batman different?

I did not use any coupons on the MK/Portal/2 1600 point cards deal.

I recieved $60 in coupons and $10 discounts on both points cards.

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I wasnt aware there was a limit. (i got 2 copies for friends who didnt care about the coupon). The coupon does not mention it being one per acct. If the system allows it, i dont see how I would be flagged since i am playing by the.rules.[/QUOTE]

the system allows (and disallows) a lot of things. That doesn't mean those are the rules.

[quote name='confoosious']the system allows (and disallows) a lot of things. That doesn't mean those are the rules.[/QUOTE]

And what exactly are the rules? What about those that dont even go to this site and only go by what the coupon says? And would never know there was a 2 title limit if the computer kept spitting out the coupon.

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I wasnt aware there was a limit. (i got 2 copies for friends who didnt care about the coupon). The coupon does not mention it being one per acct. If the system allows it, i dont see how I would be flagged since i am playing by the.rules

Edit: the faq on page one mentions limit 2 deals per title per acct.
Was batman different?[/QUOTE]

Batman was an exception given how great the deal was.

But as confoosious eluded, what was supposed to happen and what ends up happening can be quite different. You would think if there was an enforced limit it wouldn't print out more than one, so maybe Josh can confirm whether the "enforcing" of the limit comes when trying to use them.

Can someone tell me when the Kirby coupon expires? I was going to by Kirby's Return to Dreamland and use the coupon on Skyward Sword. I seen talk of some of the coupons expiring before black friday, so just wanted to make sure.

[quote name='Got_Wii']Can someone tell me when the Kirby coupon expires? I was going to by Kirby's Return to Dreamland and use the coupon on Skyward Sword. I seen talk of some of the coupons expiring before black friday, so just wanted to make sure.[/QUOTE]

The OP says that the Kirby coupon is valid from 10/30 - 12/10. The only coupons that would expire before Black Friday are the 15+35 coupons people will get if they buy $110 worth of games.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Interested in that clearance list, can use it as filler for the upcoming 110/50 deal.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully some of the games are $10 apiece like that other thread mentioned and there's some goodies in there(like the original God Of War Collection). Then I can pad my backlog even further AND get $50 in coupons(hopefully the $50 in coupons if seperate ones have different UPC's so they can be used in tandem) to spend on another 4-5 games from said list to further add to the backlog.:D

[quote name='confoosious']the system allows (and disallows) a lot of things. That doesn't mean those are the rules.[/QUOTE]

Well that most certainly aint cool. I bought myself a copy of batman and got one for my nephew since it was so cheap (in terms of coupons). If the coupon doesn't register when I use it, I might get sick to my stomach at the thought of paying MSRP for a game. :drool: Isn't that the first rule of being a CAG?

on a side note, will psn cards count on the 110/50 deal?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hopefully some of the games are $10 apiece like that other thread mentioned and there's some goodies in there(like the original God Of War Collection). Then I can pad my backlog even further AND get $50 in coupons(hopefully the $50 in coupons if seperate ones have different UPC's so they can be used in tandem) to spend on another 4-5 games from said list to further add to the backlog.:D[/QUOTE]It's been confirmed that the $50 in coupons will technically be two coupons--a $15 one (earned for spending the first $40) and a $35 one (for spending the next $70)--so you should be good to use them together on another purchase (starting 11/13, of course). ;)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow lots of updates since i have been in this thread.

No coupons for Skyrim, AC:Revelations, or Saints Row. :cry:

I was planning on using my 30 dollar batman coupon on Skyrim. I know id be able to get the 15 dollar coupon if i add something to skyrim it would put it over 40. Chances are it would end up being something worth 20 bucks. But the thing is i have 40 credit at amazon i can get skyrim for 20 out of my pocket. If i went with kmart id be spending probably 50.

Has Buy X get X off select games been explained? I want both AC:Revelations and Saints Row, but if there isnt going to be a good deal then i can pass on those two games.[/QUOTE]

If you want those 3 games I'd recommend buy Skyrim 11/11, get the $15 gaming coupon, then buy both Saints Row and AC: Revelations on 11/15, there will be a savings for you when you buy those two on 11/15. Not trying to be cagey, just not sure when Josh wants to unleash our deal for that week.

I'm disappointed that the two games that I've been waiting for all year (Saints and Skyrim) no longer have coupons on their own. I have $45 in gaming coupons that need to be used here shortly. I have no desire for anything else that's coming out this year past Saints so it looks like Skyrim is where my Kmart chain ends.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will have IT confirm tomorrow to hopefully answer all the pending questions.[/QUOTE]

Until then, can we run around slapping each other and/or just generally freaking out?

[quote name='creatureofwar']I'm disappointed that the two games that I've been waiting for all year (Saints and Skyrim) no longer have coupons on their own. I have $45 in gaming coupons that need to be used here shortly. I have no desire for anything else that's coming out this year past Saints so it looks like Skyrim is where my Kmart chain ends.[/QUOTE]

Technically speaking Skyrim has a $15 coupon.

[quote name='pjb16']Technically speaking Skyrim has a $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]

It does but I need to cash in the coupons that I have since they expire on the 11th and that would drop the price below $40 for Skyrim. It would be nice if the deal for that week works with the total being before coupons. A free copy of Saints Row The Third would be nice even without further wreckless game spending.

[quote name='creatureofwar']I'm disappointed that the two games that I've been waiting for all year (Saints and Skyrim) no longer have coupons on their own. I have $45 in gaming coupons that need to be used here shortly. I have no desire for anything else that's coming out this year past Saints so it looks like Skyrim is where my Kmart chain ends.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that you must have a $30 and a $15 coupon to get to $45.

I would suggest this:

Use your $15 coupon to get Skyrim for $44.99 which still qualifies you for the $15 coupon that week.

Then use all $45 in coupons on Saints Row the next week to get off the train then.

EDIT: I just saw your post. So both your coupons expire on the 12th?

apologies if already asked, but for the 110/50 deal, I'm planning on getting Skylanders Starter Pack for a gift for my son. Can I buy the booster packs/add ons to go towards the $110? Thanks!

Choices choices on the different combos I can do. My son has been bugging me for the Skylanders and Disney Universe so this might work out for me. Only other question I had can I got a 12 month Xbox Live and Points card with purchase of Call of Duty 3 for the PS3?

[quote name='bebop242']apologies if already asked, but for the 110/50 deal, I'm planning on getting Skylanders Starter Pack for a gift for my son. Can I buy the booster packs/add ons to go towards the $110? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the boosters would be considered an accessory but would need Josh to confirm. If it counts as software I'll be loading up on these too. Josh, can we use the coupons on the booster packs?

[quote name='creatureofwar']It does but I need to cash in the coupons that I have since they expire on the 11th and that would drop the price below $40 for Skyrim. It would be nice if the deal for that week works with the total being before coupons. A free copy of Saints Row The Third would be nice even without further wreckless game spending.[/QUOTE]

I though now we are allowed to use gaming coupon and have the total go under, and still get the coupons?

[quote name='SeanTM22']I though now we are allowed to use gaming coupon and have the total go under, and still get the coupons?[/QUOTE]

It hasn't been confirmed either way yet, they were supposed to be looking into it today.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']It hasn't been confirmed either way yet, they were supposed to be looking into it today.[/QUOTE]
Waiting for the answer to this as well. Will have to plan my spending around it.

And hmmm that 11/15 week deal has my interest piqued now. 100% getting Saints Row 3. Wasnt planning on getting AC Rev but will if the deal is hot. Any chance it's buy 2 save $25 or so? Also Rayman comes out on the 15th. That one looks interesting.

Hey Josh, I noticed for WWE '12 you added that the Rock DLC will be included.

I have to ask, how much of a sure thing is that? Could I ask how you know?

I would hate to go on release day and find out that you were wrong. lol.

Oh and I have one more question...

If I were to buy TWO copies of Modern Warfare 3 on that same transaction would that count towards the $110 money goal for the $50 in gaming coupons?

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm assuming that you must have a $30 and a $15 coupon to get to $45.

I would suggest this:

Use your $15 coupon to get Skyrim for $44.99 which still qualifies you for the $15 coupon that week.

Then use all $45 in coupons on Saints Row the next week to get off the train then.

EDIT: I just saw your post. So both your coupons expire on the 12th?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everything I have will be expiring on the 12th. I was counting on $20 from Skyrim and $20 from Saints to push me towards Black Friday although it looks like most coupons will expire before then. Damn you Kmart!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will have IT confirm tomorrow to hopefully answer all the pending questions.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping along with others! I'm only picking up MW3 but under the current terms as written, using my $20gc from BF3 would put me one cent under the threshold to get a $15 gc for the MW3 transaction, LOL.

Ok, dumb question time. So if I buy MW3 during that week, I get a $15 coupon? Is that correct? If so maybe kmart will get my business and I'll use the $15 toward a 1600 MS points card.

[quote name='rdlee']Hey Josh, I noticed for WWE '12 you added that the Rock DLC will be included.

If I were to buy TWO copies of Modern Warfare 3 on that same transaction would that count towards the $110 money goal for the $50 in gaming coupons?[/QUOTE]

I have no clue about your first question (mainly because I'm not Josh :)) but on the MW3 question that will work just fine.

[quote name='crunchewy']Ok, dumb question time. So if I buy MW3 during that week, I get a $15 coupon? Is that correct? If so maybe kmart will get my business and I'll use the $15 toward a 1600 MS points card.[/QUOTE]
If you buy MW3 from 11/8 - 11/12 yes you'll get a $15 coupon. Remember too that the deal along with MW3 is $20 off a 4000 point card. So I'd personally do that and save the $15 coupon for something else.

[quote name='rdlee']Hey Josh, I noticed for WWE '12 you added that the Rock DLC will be included.

If I were to buy TWO copies of Modern Warfare 3 on that same transaction would that count towards the $110 money goal for the $50 in gaming coupons?[/QUOTE]

1st Question - 100% sure, THQ is only shipping the Rock version for launch...so every retailer will have it 11/22.

2nd Question - yes, that would apply to the $110

[quote name='chriscolbert']I have no clue about your first question (mainly because I'm not Josh :)) but on the MW3 question that will work just fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Obviously the reason I am asking is because in the past if you purchase two of the same title on the same transaction it would only print one coupon or two with the same SKU.

I want to buy 2 MW3's and a 4,000 point card on the same transaction, then get and use that $50 gaming coupon on WWE '12 (with the Rock DLC guaranteed hopefully) later that month.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']1st Question - 100% sure, THQ is only shipping the Rock version for launch...so every retailer will have it 11/22.

2nd Question - yes, that would apply to the $110[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the quick answer. I am thrilled to know this.

I guess K-Mart is (once again) getting all of my holiday shopping business for the second year in a row.

Job well done to you and all of the "behind the scenes" K-Mart video game department staff.

I already preordered Battlefield 3 for 360 and got it but I liked the deal on the PS3 headset. I saw online that it said the headset was onsale this week for $85.49

I went to the store to get the headset. The lady said, $99.99. I said, online at kmart.com it said $85.49(I even showed her on my iphone). She said, "We don't price match and you have to pay $99.99". I told her, "this is stupid, I can go online and pay there and click pick up at store and then I would pick up the same item? Why can't I just pay it here? She replied, 'I don't do that, it's against store policy and we don't price match." I told her that it's not price matching when you are matching your own store. I then walked out and came back in. Went to customer service and told them this story. She said the same thing as the other lady. I told her, so you want me to drive 10 minutes down the street, order it online for pick up and drive back to get my item????" She then said you can call the 866 number if I wanted, then I started to pick up my phone and I started to dial in the store. Then she was like, "One second, let me talk to the manager." She called the manager and the manager told her just to override it. Then I had to walk someone back to electronics, get the item to bring to customer service where they did the override and I got my headset. Way too much work for something so simple though. Very frustrating.

[quote name='davidb69']I already preordered Battlefield 3 for 360 and got it but I liked the deal on the PS3 headset. I saw online that it said the headset was onsale this week for $85.49

I went to the store to get the headset. The lady said, $99.99. I said, online at kmart.com it said $85.49(I even showed her on my iphone). She said, "We don't price match and you have to pay $99.99". I told her, "this is stupid, I can go online and pay there and click pick up at store and then I would pick up the same item? Why can't I just pay it here? She replied, 'I don't do that, it's against store policy and we don't price match." I told her that it's not price matching when you are matching your own store. I then walked out and came back in. Went to customer service and told them this story. She said the same thing as the other lady. I told her, so you want me to drive 10 minutes down the street, order it online for pick up and drive back to get my item????" She then said you can call the 866 number if I wanted, then I started to pick up my phone and I started to dial in the store. Then she was like, "One second, let me talk to the manager." She called the manager and the manager told her just to override it. Then I had to walk someone back to electronics, get the item to bring to customer service where they did the override and I got my headset. Way too much work for something so simple though. Very frustrating.[/QUOTE]
It is dumb in a case like that but they just dont price match. Particularly their own online site I imagine since it isnt competition.

[quote name='davidb69']I already preordered Battlefield 3 for 360 and got it but I liked the deal on the PS3 headset. I saw online that it said the headset was onsale this week for $85.49

I went to the store to get the headset. The lady said, $99.99. I said, online at kmart.com it said $85.49(I even showed her on my iphone). She said, "We don't price match and you have to pay $99.99". I told her, "this is stupid, I can go online and pay there and click pick up at store and then I would pick up the same item? Why can't I just pay it here? She replied, 'I don't do that, it's against store policy and we don't price match." I told her that it's not price matching when you are matching your own store. I then walked out and came back in. Went to customer service and told them this story. She said the same thing as the other lady. I told her, so you want me to drive 10 minutes down the street, order it online for pick up and drive back to get my item????" She then said you can call the 866 number if I wanted, then I started to pick up my phone and I started to dial in the store. Then she was like, "One second, let me talk to the manager." She called the manager and the manager told her just to override it. Then I had to walk someone back to electronics, get the item to bring to customer service where they did the override and I got my headset. Way too much work for something so simple though. Very frustrating.[/QUOTE]
Thats the way it is -- Kmart doesnt PM and they keep their stores & website different

Why didnt you just buy the game & headset together in store since you have a store nearby?

I hope you weren't planning on getting Uncharted 3 since the headset is only going to be $59.99 that week if purchased together.

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but for the MW3 deal, is it a limit of 1 $40 XBL 12 month card for each MW3 purchase? Or can you buy 2 at the $40 price point?

[quote name='lacertile']I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but for the MW3 deal, is it a limit of 1 $40 XBL 12 month card for each MW3 purchase? Or can you buy 2 at the $40 price point?[/QUOTE]

According to Stock Boy, no. And I would have to assume that means both points and live cards.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Nope, unfortunately you can only get 1 points card discounted per transaction. Just the way the system works.[/QUOTE]

Question about the $50 coupon November 6th through the 12th.

I'll probably buy Skyrim + Dark Souls for $120 use my last $20 coupon and find another filler game to push the $110 limit.

Could I use the $50 in coupons to get $40 Halo free?

[quote name='horns456']Question about the $50 coupon November 6th through the 12th.

I'll probably buy Skyrim + Dark Souls for $120 use my last $20 coupon and find another filler game to push the $110 limit.

Could I use the $50 in coupons to get $40 Halo free?[/QUOTE]

You would need to add in a 10.01 filler to use the $50 (35+15) coupon. Best thing to do is use the $35 to get Halo for $5.

[quote name='horns456']Question about the $50 coupon November 6th through the 12th.

no, you can't use coupons in excess of the item value. You can however use the $35 coupon to get it for $5. You can also add in another game above $10 to be able to use both while paying almost nothing.

Kind of. My understanding is you have to owe SOMETHING on the transaction. You might have to toss on a 20 dollar live card. Then you would get that and the game and have to pay ten bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back