KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Chicago Addison K-mart earlier this morning and got the game and the headset. The guy who helped me was nice enough to check the back since it wasn't on the shelves. It took him 3 mins to look for it and told me there were 3 Uncharted game left. I also took the 2nd to the last headset.

That was my first time buying a game at k-mart and it went pretty smooth.

[quote name='jmillion']i think i know who your referring to. i went there to get InFamous 2. They opened @ 10am and i still waited like 20mins. Then had a attitude when i asked stuff. I never went back. Penn is smooth. they are least close to understanding stuff. Did they have headsets?[/QUOTE]

well, I spent like 30 minutes waiting there for no game this time...

Astor Pl usually has no problem for games unless you have to deal that lady and two young guys. But the words from the manager is kinda ridiculous.

Penn Station is great all the time except they run out of stock faster than you expected. They sold out new releases in one day recently. I saw there was like one headset there when I left, you should always call for inventory before going there.

No idea how to post a Facebook post link, but a $20 coupon for Zelda has been confirmed.

Javier Genesis
is there a coupon for zelda for the wii on october 20? thanks
Like · · 3 hours ago ·

Christopher James Lewis This is just nitpicking, but I think you mean November 20. :p
3 hours ago · Like

Javier Genesis ooops yea sorry lol do u know if it will have any coupon at all?
3 hours ago · Like

Christopher James Lewis I think it will, though confirmation is always nice.
2 hours ago · Like

KmartGamer There will be a $20 coupon
2 hours ago · Like

Derek Allen Panula Seriously 20 on the regular Zelda?
about an hour ago · Like

KmartGamer Seriously
about an hour ago · Like

Derek Allen Panula Nice
about an hour ago · Like

The true test will be with MW3. If Kmart stores "didn't get it" on release. We will for sure know which stores are incompetent.

[quote name='midloo']
Employee: "How do you know that? Is it in the flyer?"
[/QUOTE]
I swear KMart employees are trained to use this line. When my usual electronics guy is there everything goes smooth but I've literally heard that line word for word at least 6 times within the last month.

Was able to head over to Kmart during my lunch break, wanted to report back on my findings.

North Hollywood, CA:

• I was able to pick up the headset and game combo

• The gentleman (Edgar) who helped me was nice enough, and competent enough to recognize the headset when I pointed it out and pull one that was already behind the counter.

• Then he was also competent enough to know that I wanted Uncharted 3 when I said I also wanted a game.

• Overall fairly smooth experience.

• 2 headsets left on the rack (maybe more since he pulled mine from behind the counter)

• Several copies of the game left, didn't get a good look at quantity

• No hassles on applying the deal or coupons

• New coupons printed fine

• Only snag was it took two tries for my phone # to go through and find my rewards membership, but that was only a delay of about 2 minutes

Hope this is helpful!

Wow midloo...
The real sad thing is that there is most likely a cashier/cart guy/a temp hire/other dept person that would be a hundred times better and would kill to work electronics.

And the sickening thing is that there is a great chance that the product has been just sitting there for upto 8-9 & 1/2 hours.

I would say the next time open all the games/movies & gather them all & just dump them behind the register But sadly he just stare blankly and leave it for someone else/theives to take care of it and that would be WRONG...WRONG.

[quote name='Marauder7']Kmart in Penn Station is sold out of U3 and the employee didn't feel like looking for the headset.[/QUOTE]

Dang sorry to hear that dude! Yeah when I left there in the morning they had something like 5-8 copies left. I was surprised to see that Arkham City, which has been out for a few weeks now, had something like 20-25 copies in the display case. Looks like you've had a rough go of it today. :(

On to my question: I don't know if this has been confirmed or not, but can I buy two copies of Modern Warfare 3 next week to qualify for the $50 coupon? Or does it have to be two different games?

With all these horror stories, I feel compelled to give props to the k-Mart in Athens, GA. Just started going there for the arkham city deal but I went again today to pick up UC3. The same guy was working again, and again I forgot to get his name, and he was quick and helpful. He even shared some other upcoming deals, that thanks to CAG I knew but it was still cool of him. I'll be going back for skyrim and ACR. I hate it for all the guys who got the shaft at other stores, but this one deserves some props.

I had another great visit to my local Kmart in Phoenix, AZ this week. I was able to pick up Uncharted 3 along with the PS3 headphones after coupons/tax I paid only $98 and got back another $20 gaming coupon. I just want to say Thank you to Josh for all of these great deals

[quote name='midloo']I'd like to call out the Kmart in Burlington, NC. Any chance you could call them and put some fire under their feet, Josh? They have been consistently awful to deal with... [/QUOTE]

I know its a haul, but the store in High Point has been pretty good for me in terms of stock and items on the shelf release day.

I really want to support the effort being made here but at some level; there has to be some semblance of customer service. Both KMarts (#4349 & 3595) within my vicinity had no one answering the electronics department phones. I also have to echo the sentiments made here that most of my experiences required more effort from myself to acquire these games since the employees are usually clueless or unmotivated to help.

Without some improvements, I may have to simply go back to Amazon.com merely for my own sanity and the relative time savings despite not having the absolute best deals.

I went into the closest Kmart to me around 1PM, apparently they sold the last headset about 15 minutes before I got there, I asked the customer service to check the next closest Kmart (about 20 minutes away but I would have done the drive), and they said someone just reserved the last one right before they called. I walked out with just Uncharted and I'm hoping they restock the headset sometime this week although I'm sure it'll be weeks if not months before they get them again.

[quote name='icarusmight']Had a terrible experience at store#3858 in Phoenix. Went in at 11am and they did not have Uncharted so asked the girl workin the section about it. Said I was the second person that came in asking about it but they were looking for it currently in the back. After waiting for 20 mins I decided to just go to the customer service desk to ask for the corporate number so I can call and leave feedback. None of the employees showed any care for the issue and barely acknowledged me. I swear, while the deals are good, this headache make them not worth it. I feel my time is more valuable than these coupons so I can just shop elsewhere. Amazon is pretty convenient so they will get my business for this game. I'd rather pay retail then to set foot in that store again.[/QUOTE]

Store #3228 in Phoenix has been good for me in the past couple of months they have had every new release in stock, there is always seems to be at least one person working the electronics department(at least when I have gone in) and I've never had any problems with coupons printing out. I just went in this morning at around 9AM and they had about 7-8 copies of Uncharted 3, they also had two of the PS3 headsets (picked one up for myself). I'm not sure how far away you live from this store but you may want to check them out, they're one of the few good Kmart stores out here

I recieved a $20 gaming coupon for my battlefield 3 purchase that I was looking to use on MW3 next week..

But I seem to have misplaced it, is there any way I can recieve another copy using my SYWR information?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Store #3228 in Phoenix has been good for me in the past couple of months they have had every new release in stock, there is always seems to be at least one person working the electronics department(at least when I have gone in) and I've never had any problems with coupons printing out. I just went in this morning at around 9AM and they had about 7-8 copies of Uncharted 3, they also had two of the PS3 headsets (picked one up for myself). I'm not sure how far away you live from this store but you may want to check them out, they're one of the few good Kmart stores out here[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it isn't too far from me. If this store works out better for me then maybe I can continue to shop Kmart. Either way I hope that the Baseline store shuts down entirely. Incompetent a-holes there.

[quote name='metrostar']Very bad experience in NYC Astor Pl store this afternoon: the black electronics cashier (rude as usual) and the black manager (first time I met her) did not allow me to buy more than one new game with coupon promotion this week (they said it is Kmart's new policy) and then denied me to use more than one coupon. The manager said "you either use one or get none." I pointed out texts on the coupon about coupon using, then she said "it's not debatable and I don't care what the coupon says or the company policy, I'm the policy blocker." I indicated I would shop somewhere else if they did not respect their coupon policy and she said "I know you are going to return..." (unfortunately, she was right, I still have some coupons to burn...)

I left with anger, and went to Penn Station store for a second try. Good thing that they honor their coupons.[/QUOTE]

Cool story, you didnt dirty up your white robe with the pointy hood did you?

[quote name='Preedatore']I know its a haul, but the store in High Point has been pretty good for me in terms of stock and items on the shelf release day.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for the heads up :)

I'm going to give Burlington one more chance tomorrow and if that doesn't go well, I'm done with that store and will have to decide if any nearby are worth the drive.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but here is the list of games that will be included in the "Buy X get X off select games." offer. It was posted on facebook

COD
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed
Rayman
Need for Speed
Saint's Row
Halo Anniversary

[quote name='RockoMan']Try the Kmarts in Davie and Hollywood. I get pretty lucky there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll give Hollywood a try tomorrow. Hopefully it is still in stock.

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']I recieved a $20 gaming coupon for my battlefield 3 purchase that I was looking to use on MW3 next week..

But I seem to have misplaced it, is there any way I can recieve another copy using my SYWR information?[/QUOTE]

If you get your receipts e-mailed to you, then use that. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']I recieved a $20 gaming coupon for my battlefield 3 purchase that I was looking to use on MW3 next week..

But I seem to have misplaced it, is there any way I can recieve another copy using my SYWR information?[/QUOTE]

Batman was my first game purchase at K-Mart with a SYWR card. I bought both that and BF3 and both times the store e-mailed me a copy of the receipt. I never asked them to do it. Check your e-mail the account is linked to. You should be able to print it.

Ok so went to 3 different kmarts and finally found a copy of uncharted and headset. Thought the end of this horror story was over BUT guess again! The deal wouldn't ring up correctly after about 20 minutes waiting they priced adjusted it but wouldn't let me use my coupons or gift card. Seriously wtf!!! The manager said something like not being a ad store they don't have to honor the deal. Funny thing was the kmart gamer flyer was everywhere. Starting to give up on these deals.....

Also got denied on multiple coupons at astor place store. Tried to use arkham city 30 coupon and 10 war of north coupon . Had to settle on using the 10 war of north coupon.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but here is the list of games that will be included in the "Buy X get X off select games." offer. It was posted on facebook

COD
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed
Rayman
Need for Speed
Saint's Row
Halo Anniversary[/QUOTE]
Nice list now just waiting on what the savings will be. It'll probably be smarter to pick up CoD + Skyrim the week before to get the $50 in coupons then use that on Saints Row + Assassins Creed or Rayman.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but here is the list of games that will be included in the "Buy X get X off select games." offer. It was posted on facebook

COD
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed
Rayman
Need for Speed
Saint's Row
Halo Anniversary[/QUOTE]
That's in the OP, it's the "x" that we don't know.

Another good transaction at store #4183. There was a line at the customer service desk, so it took a few minutes to find someone who could find the electronics guy Marcus, but no big deal. He had already put the games in the case and even remembered me from buying Batman. Uncharted 3 for $31.79 plus a $20 coupon means a great deal and the train keeps rolling.

Also, I noticed Super Mario Galaxy 2 was indeed corrected to $49.99, so I'm glad I got in on that "error."

I got War in the North for $18 today after coupons and SYWR points. I'm very happy. At first I couldn't find the game, but then I realized that they were stacked off to the side on some obscure location behind the glass case. It's funny cause they don't even display new releases with the cover out. I saw uncharted 3 just thrown in the case amongst the other older games, you have to look hard to find these new games. They didn't have Sonic Generations at all though.

Just got back from my local Kmart. They said they didn't receive Uncharted 3 today. Me so sad... I hope this doesn't happen again next week when I try to pick up Skyrim + MW3 + that $50 coupon.

Alrighty so get this.... I purchased Battlefield 3 for PS3 last week and picked up the $20 reward coupon. I had $30 in shop your way reward points sitting on my account. This week the wireless PS3 Stereo headset was $20 off.. I've needed a headset for a while, as I am tired of playing games mute (wife/kiddos sleeping).. Went in today to get the headset..

$100 normally - $20 instant discount - $20 coupon (from Battlefield) - $30 worth of reward points...

Wireless Sony PS3 Stereo headset $30

That is among the best cheapass deals I've ever taken advantage of. 70% off after coupons and reward $.. yum

[quote name='RockoMan']Do you know any dedicated gaming people who would want to work at K Mart?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there are some young guys gals who need their first job and willing to do it. Or even some people on unemployment who happen to like videogames.

I have to vent a little and say im most likely done with the kmart games coupons. When I bought batman I had to wait about 10 mins for them to find someone with a key to get it. I had to walk to the front of the store after looking all over for a person in electronics. Today I waited over 25 minutes in total time in the store and walking all over between them not actually paging someone and saying they did to no body even responding to a second (real) page. I finally got a guy and he wasnt sure how to do the coupons. I had to read the instructions off the receipt for him. I'll just go the other routes from now on. Amazon has always been good to me anyway.
I figured I would try kmart. its been bad.

Picked up uncharted. Woo hoo. The Lord of the rings game looked nice I will probably get that this week. Question is the goldeneye the same one as the Wii?

I may be done with the coupon train as well. No headsets in Omaha, no Uncharted 3 on the shelves in the two stores I was in. Finally found someone at the store on Maple St and they went to the back and got U3 out of the cart. Mind you, that was after 4pm. What are they still doing in the cart in the back at 4pm on release day? Wonder how many sales were lost due to that. If the store manager had not been there, the girl in electronics had no clue about the game.

Sad part is, I really wanted the headset as well.

[quote name='Fabs']Did anyone else get double sywr points today? It says on my reciept I'm a bonus member...[/QUOTE]

I got em, the deal is on the the kmart website.

[quote name='funco']Also got denied on multiple coupons at astor place store. Tried to use arkham city 30 coupon and 10 war of north coupon . Had to settle on using the 10 war of north coupon.[/QUOTE]

So you can't stack coupons? Can Josh clarify on this because I wanna use the $50 coupon I'll be receiving next week for just Assassin's Creed Revelations solely.

[quote name='newtype06']So you can't stack coupons? Can Josh clarify on this because I wanna use the $50 coupon I'll be receiving next week for just Assassin's Creed Revelations solely.[/QUOTE]

I used the Batman and LOTR's coupons together today without problem. My two new coupons printed without fail as well.

[quote name='newtype06']So you can't stack coupons? Can Josh clarify on this because I wanna use the $50 coupon I'll be receiving next week for just Assassin's Creed Revelations solely.[/QUOTE]

Stacking different coupons works. It's just that customer service is always a crapshoot when it comes to things they should know and should be doing, like Best Buy with their Upgrade and Save program, and K-Mart with their gamer coupons.

Considering all the horror stories on this site alone, I guess I should count myself lucky that the only problem my local K-Mart has is stocking more than a handful of these new release titles that feature big gamer coupons.

[quote name='dennisb407']Cool story, you didnt dirty up your white robe with the pointy hood did you?[/QUOTE]

There is no second of racism in my story, so please don't be sensitive here!

From my shopping experience in that store, there are like 3 female employees rotate in the electronics department, and 3 managers I met so far. Since I don't know their names, so that was the only term I can point them out.

I have no problem with other managers and another two female cashiers there even I was using 3 coupons before...

[quote name='funco']Also got denied on multiple coupons at astor place store. Tried to use arkham city 30 coupon and 10 war of north coupon . Had to settle on using the 10 war of north coupon.[/QUOTE]

looks like I am not the only one who got rejected today.

I had a good experience today with the purchase of UC3 and LOTR. I was sad to learn that my closest store (about 1 hr away) won't be stocking the Hardened Edition of MW3. Therefore, I won't be participating in next week's deal. I will be donating my money to that Big River outfit since I can't buy what isn't there @ Kmart. I hope Josh comes up with a good deal for SR cubed so I can help with his lucrative salary. ;)

[quote name='dennisb407']Cool story, you didnt dirty up your white robe with the pointy hood did you?[/QUOTE]

hahaha

[quote name='metrostar']There is no second of racism in my story, so please don't be sensitive here!
[/QUOTE]

You prob meant nothing by it but unless you're writing a short story, the fact they were black should have been irrelevant and unnecessary.

[quote name='robbyH']Is it possbile to price match Sonic Gen with Best Buy and still get the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Kmart doesn't price match.

[quote name='pjb16']ymmv.[/QUOTE]

erroneous. erroneous.

[quote name='confoosious']hahaha

You prob meant nothing by it but unless you're writing a short story, the fact they were black should have been irrelevant and unnecessary.

Kmart doesn't price match.

erroneous. erroneous
.[/QUOTE]

It read to me at first like he wanted to price match at Best Buy and get a coupon there. I know Kmart doesn't price match, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back