KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I want to put the Xbox bundle on layaway and I have put stuff on layaway before and have gotten random coupons and was wondering if for game related stuff you have to pay for it in full to get the coupons?

[quote name='shredsofsanity']Hey guys I want to put the Xbox bundle on layaway and I have put stuff on layaway before and have gotten random coupons and was wondering if for game related stuff you have to pay for it in full to get the coupons?[/QUOTE]
I believe Josh said it's extremely ymmv to get any gaming coupons when layaway is involved.

Finally picked up my Uncharted 3 and Headset from the Bohemia (#3862) store in Long Island. Only problem was that print chewed up my receipt. They still have 2 headsets and bunch of U3 left on the shelves.

Got my U3 today. My store got a call about MW3 while I was there... apparently word got out that they had them on the shelves early... and sold about 7 copies! :lol:

[quote name='Saint Noir']Got my U3 today. My store got a call about MW3 while I was there... apparently word got out that they had them on the shelves early... and sold about 7 copies! :lol:[/QUOTE]
That shouldn't even be possible, as I thought that their system prevented early sales of a game (since, IIRC, you can get in trouble with a publisher for breaking street date.)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']That shouldn't even be possible, as I thought that their system prevented early sales of a game (since, IIRC, you can get in trouble with a publisher for breaking street date.)[/QUOTE]

What I thought too. But it happened. Maybe a system error made it happen.

Great. The K-Mart is Clinton, Tennessee broke street date on Modern Warfare 3 and now my local store in Knoxville won't sell it to me despite them calling to confirm it being on shelves with that store.

And before anyone doubts me, here is proof from my pal @ShaneDaniels87: http://twitpic.com/79jiwp

Also, side question, who is it that I contact on here to ask about whether or not my store will carry 4,000 point cards and/or MW3 Hardened on release day? Stock Boy?

[quote name='rdlee']Great. The K-Mart is Clinton, Tennessee broke street date on Modern Warfare 3 and now my local store in Knoxville won't sell it to me despite them calling to confirm it being on shelves with that store.[/QUOTE]

No reason to be mad about it. But this is the store I was referring to... :lol:

They realized the mistake and took it off shelves.

[quote name='confoosious']So you expect your store to do something they shouldn't do just because another store made a mistake and sold it?[/QUOTE]

Sure, why not? LOL.

I'm not really mad, just being silly/sarcastic really.

I always forget I can't provide tone in a written post.

[quote name='Saint Noir']No reason to be mad about it. But this is the store I was referring to... :lol:

They realized the mistake and took it off shelves.[/QUOTE]

I'm not mad. I was trying (and obviously failed at) sarcasm.

I am fine waiting until next week so I can get the awesome launch deal with the point cards and coupons.

I guess Kmart doesn't have the POS block that Target has. This is good to know. Although truth be told, there's no game I'd be all "YAYYYY I GOT IT A WEEK EARLY" about.

[quote name='Marauder7']Kmart in Penn Station is sold out of U3 and the employee didn't feel like looking for the headset.[/QUOTE]
What about the Kmart on 14th street did anybody have any luck with U3 & the headset, if so pls let me know asap, thanx

Lots of people reporting K-mart denying customers using 2 coupons. My friend ran into some trouble buying LOTR with the Batman coupons. He said they let him do it eventually.

For those of you who have had coupon issues in the past, how long has it taken for your gift card to arrive after getting an email saying they'd send one?

Hey guys, has it been confirmed whether I can buy two copies of Modern Warfare 3 next week to qualify for the $50 coupon?

They have had a POS block for street-dated games in the past. I remember a few years ago when Mass Effect first came out, I saw that quite a number of people were reporting finding them in-store early. I went down to my local and found one, but it wouldn't ring out. They were basically clueless as to why it wouldn't ring out (and I think that's how some people online reported getting it...with an override), until the saw the big "Don't Sell Until XX-XX-XXXX" on the top sticker.

Just have to shout out to the store in Salisbury, NC. I have been doing these deals for new releases the past 2 years, and this kmart has always had games out on release day by the time i've gotten there, and i have never once had a problem getting coupons or redeeming, keep up the great work. and if anyone in the area, they had 5 headsets plus 4 copies of UC3 at 2.00 p.m. when I was there

Sounds like Uncharted went pretty bad between not having it/the headsets. Maybe sold most of the headsets already because of Battlefield but I cant think of an excuse for not having Uncharted out. Crazy :roll:

[quote name='Huggybear1688']Just have to shout out to the store in Salisbury, NC. I have been doing these deals for new releases the past 2 years, and this kmart has always had games out on release day by the time i've gotten there, and i have never once had a problem getting coupons or redeeming, keep up the great work.[/QUOTE]Same thing with store 4423 in IL so far.

The kmart in nyc 34th street did not have a single u3 out. Apparently they did not get the shipment =/
i find that hard to believe but only 2 workers on gaming section who said they dont know where it is and it did not come in. Then i go to customer service and the girl there says i do not know a single thing about games....can someone please give me josh's email. This is just ridiculous.

[quote name='Wavedash007']The kmart in nyc 34th street did not have a single u3 out. Apparently they did not get the shipment =/
i find that hard to believe but only 2 workers on gaming section who said they dont know where it is and it did not come in. Then i go to customer service and the girl there says i do not know a single thing about games....can someone please give me josh's email. This is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

You complaining about kmart employees not being able to find something, and yet you cannot even read the 2nd post to find your question

The store I go to in Santa Clarita, CA didn't have any copies of Uncharted 3 available, nor were there any headsets. That was super disappointing, and considering the way the new release stock levels have had fairly consistent problems there since early September, I'm now pretty concerned there will be problems of some kind next week with MW3.

Yeah, guess I've lucked out, as the clerk knew what I wanted as soon as I asked to get a game from the case. He asked if I had a rewards card so I could get a coupon when I bought Uncharted 3. He was there last week, too, and they had signage and a few more copies left.

Now to bide my time until AC:R/SR3/et. al. release.

i got a pretty good situation at my kmart, its pretty isolated and games are always available on the first day. also the female employee who mans electronics on tuesday mornings seems to know all the deals that are going on and is actually a gamer. when she saw me she immediatly pulled out uncharted 3 lol.

no store in Albuquerque, NM had Uncharted 3. They had sonic generations but not the biggest playstation game of the year. Very disappointing.

Went back for a second try at Ames, IA store.

Was met with a friendly looking 20something who knew exactly what I wanted (UC3). Unlike his first shift counterpart he knew what the hell he was talking about and had actually put the game out on the shelves instead of refusing to even look for me.

So far my success rate is still at least 80% with these deals, so I can't complain. Just putting this out there in the hopes that good service gets rewarded while bad service gets fixed.

EDIT: Sidenote, my store did not have the headsets on display originally. They were put out during the closing shift.

[quote name='BillytheKid3000']For those of you who have had coupon issues in the past, how long has it taken for your gift card to arrive after getting an email saying they'd send one?[/QUOTE]

I was told the day after R&C came out (I sent out an e-mail day of) that I'd be getting a gift card within ten business days and tomorrow will be ten. I was hoping to use it on U3 but my K-Mart only stocks a handful of big name new releases for whatever reason so I had to grab U3 while I had the chance and use my $30 gamer coupon. Oh well.

[quote name='BillytheKid3000']For those of you who have had coupon issues in the past, how long has it taken for your gift card to arrive after getting an email saying they'd send one?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for such a quick quasi double post but I figured it was worth putting in my two cents for this.

The one time I've had to contact Josh for coupon issues my giftcard took less than two weeks. It was sent postal, so your location may have quite a bit to do with the delivery time.

Showed up in a standard envelope as a "sorry for your inconvenience" generic apology letter/giftcard from sears.

[quote name='Remix']no store in Albuquerque, NM had Uncharted 3. They had sonic generations but not the biggest playstation game of the year. Very disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a copy from the Carlisle store at around 2:30pm. We couldn't initially find them because someone had put all 8 or so copies behind Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.

Montgomery didn't seem to have any at 10:30am. Also saw one copy of Lord of the Rings: War in the North for PS3 at each store.

I gotta go sort out my batman kmart layaway situation when I wake up since online it kept saying it was an invalid layaway contract number when I tried paying. I double and triple checked the # and was correct. Hopefully they dont try to cancel my layaway as was supposed to make a payment today. Was working so I didnt get a chance to pay in person.

Kmart needs to friggin stock more copies or games, this is getting ridiculous, last 2 months all my stores stock 1-3 Tuesday new titles, total BS.

Ship 15+ copies or more of each game on release day! Esp high profile games!

^Yeah and then they don't sell since everyone else bought their copies elsewhere.

I don't know if Medal of Honor Limited Edition and Fallout New Vegas were considered high profile games. Dang there are plenty of copies at one of my stores probably 15+ more than likely less than that.

Talk to stockboy or Josh to get more copies, maybe they'll even guarantee/hold a copy for you on your next trip. They'll work with you to get your dollar.

[quote name='driverhasabomb']Lots of people reporting K-mart denying customers using 2 coupons. My friend ran into some trouble buying LOTR with the Batman coupons. He said they let him do it eventually.[/QUOTE]

I read some of things written in the coupons and it says you that can stack em with other gaming coupons. Why are some people getting in trouble with it if you can do it technically?

I guess I'm lucky in the fact that, a year ago, my store was total hell and Josh was able to personally communicate with them (more than once) until they got it right.

A year later, they still put out releases the day the game comes out and I haven't had one problem this year with not being able to buy a game, unlike last year.

I can safely say its because of him K-Mart even gets my business. I only wish he had the time to help transform everyone's K-Marts, because it would solve a lot of issues K-Mart is having.

Today, the Tampa store had Uncharted 3 and Sonic Generations out, and about three copies left of each one. The employee also went into the back to find me a Black / Red 3DS since they didn't have any in the case.

All three coupons printed out no problem. Can't wait for Super Mario Land 3D, especially at $15 after I use this $25 coupon!

picked up uncharted 3 today instead of going for the $110/$50 so that i can use the coupon on black friday deals. had to go to 2 different stores b/c one store was a mess: they never heard of the game and could not track down any copies. was able to use my $30 arkham coupon w/ no problem. $20 coupon printed w/ no problem as well.

all my multiplayer data: money, xp, upgrades carried over to the retail game w/ no problem.

i was also pleasantly surprised by the starhawk beta code. totally forgot about that.

[quote name='metrostar']Very bad experience in NYC Astor Pl store this afternoon: the black electronics cashier (rude as usual) and the black manager (first time I met her) did not allow me to buy more than one new game with coupon promotion this week (they said it is Kmart's new policy) and then denied me to use more than one coupon. The manager said "you either use one or get none." I pointed out texts on the coupon about coupon using, then she said "it's not debatable and I don't care what the coupon says or the company policy, I'm the policy blocker." I indicated I would shop somewhere else if they did not respect their coupon policy and she said "I know you are going to return..." (unfortunately, she was right, I still have some coupons to burn...)

I left with anger, and went to Penn Station store for a second try. Good thing that they honor their coupons.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's a messed up story, bro. Unfortunately, it sounds like your K-Mart is one of the worst of the worst. What a horrible manager.

[quote name='rdlee']Sure, why not? LOL.

I'm not really mad, just being silly/sarcastic really.

I always forget I can't provide tone in a written post.[/QUOTE]

LOL, don't sweat it, bro. There are A LOT of uptight/hormonal dudes on here...it seems you can't ever be sarcastic without them jumping down your throats, LOL.

[quote name='Stinky pepet']Can I get 20 off Microsoft points if I purchase the hardened edition[/QUOTE]
It SHOULD. A Modern Warfare 3 purchase is a Modern Warfare 3 purchase no matter the version. It'd be good for 100% confirmation because I plan to do the same thing on Tuesday.

Picked up lord of the rings with no major problems. Took the guy about 30 mins to locate the new releases though. While i was waiting I noticed in the game case they still had black ops prestige edition still for $150 :( and also noticed they still had forza 4 collectors edition. I thought those were pretty much sold out everywhere? might have to go back and pick it up

Man, I forgot that Dark Souls was going to be $40 this week. Hope my local store has at least a copy left as I would love to pick it up for $20 (have $20 in gift cards). Does anyone know if Kmart would carry many copies?

Originally Posted by metrostar
Very bad experience in NYC Astor Pl store this afternoon: the black electronics cashier (rude as usual) and the black manager (first time I met her) did not allow me to buy more than one new game with coupon promotion this week (they said it is Kmart's new policy) and then denied me to use more than one coupon. The manager said "you either use one or get none." I pointed out texts on the coupon about coupon using, then she said "it's not debatable and I don't care what the coupon says or the company policy, I'm the policy blocker." I indicated I would shop somewhere else if they did not respect their coupon policy and she said "I know you are going to return..." (unfortunately, she was right, I still have some coupons to burn...)

I left with anger, and went to Penn Station store for a second try. Good thing that they honor their coupons.
[quote name='dennisb407']Cool story, you didnt dirty up your white robe with the pointy hood did you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went through the next three pages and you were the only one who pointed this out. Metrostar , if you don't realize it, most people probably don't care what race a K-mart employee is as long as they get the deal that K-mart had advertised. It's not important.

I'd like to say I have never had a problem with any Kmart employees because of their race or my race being the reason for poor service. It is more of lazy or uninformed Kmart employees.

The old black electronics employee who sold me Lord of the Rings was more polite than the younger non-black employees I have ever encountered. None of the employees ever joked with me like he did. He was like wanna share that coupon. I paused for a moment to realize that a $20 coupon is still a lot of money.

I still don't understand why using multiple coupons is still an issue. Figured, let the employee scan it and let the computer call the final shot after hitting total. I used both a $10 and $30 coupon in one shot and it worked.

Now, if you're using the same bar code coupon from buying two copies of the same game on separate transactions, then that's your own fault for not paying attention to the text.

I went to a new K-Mart this week, and the young lady behind the counter was very nice. She was new, and had never used the coupons before. I told her exactly how to do it, and everything worked out fine. Got Uncharted 3 for $40.00 and have a new coupon for the big coupon deal next week.

Gonna get War in the North and something else next week, then get Assassins Creed Revelations for free the next week!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
I still don't understand why using multiple coupons is still an issue. Figured, let the employee scan it and let the computer call the final shot after hitting total. I used both a $10 and $30 coupon in one shot and it worked.

Now, if you're using the same bar code coupon from buying two copies of the same game on separate transactions, then that's your own fault for not paying attention to the text.[/QUOTE]

I think your second paragraph answered your first.

What I think is going on is that people are convincing the employees to scan coupons that have the same barcode -- it probably involves an override from a manager and then, when the manager eventually gets chewed out for it, the manager then comes down on the employee. The employee then decides to just not take any coupons that are the same dollar amount because they don't want to lose their job.

My K-Mart is pretty awesome, but the only time I've had trouble in the last year is when I used two $20 coupons on one purchase, with each coupon being unique.

The employee wasn't an asshole or anything, but it really did seem like he got screwed over by someone who somehow got an override on coupons. After I convinced him there was no way he would get in trouble (I go in there a lot and give them a ton of business, so he knows I wouldn't do anything to mess with his job) he scanned both and was relieved he didn't need an override.

K-Mart gets scammed by false coupons and people trying to bend the rules more than any other store out there in my experience, so a lot of employees just don't want to put themselves in a position where they could get in trouble.

Sure, there is also a ton of lazy employees, but I figure some of these employees probably got scammed on coupons in the past and are weary, especially when someone has so many coupons they are getting huge discounts.

I always get the same few people in Electronics so when I've got a ton of coupons, they know where they came from because chances are, they sold me the games that printed them.

I think I'm going to pass on UC3 and the headset deal this week. I may grab UC3 with some other stuff next week; I don't want either MW3 or Skyrim on launch.

So I picked up LotR:WotN (what an acronym!) yesterday for $21 after using my Batman: AC $30 and $10 coupons.

But the overall experience was kind of a pain. The employee at the games section seemed nice and got my game just fine. But once I went to pay, tells me they dont accept coupons. I tell him "yes you do". We go back and forth and he decides to send me to the front costumer service desk. Again I explain what this coupons are, that they are official kmart coupons, etc. Yet they don't believe me.

In the end, I told em "go ahead and scan the game and then the coupons, if the system gives you and error, I'll leave". Vuala!, system takes it without a hitch, I even get my $20 coupon for next week and they have these shocked faces. One of em tells me that's the last time they will let me use coupons on games. But I'll go next week and do the 110/50 deal anyway, hopefully they are more informed of next weeks deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back