KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jhuneycutt']B1G1 half off is not quite the value I was hoping for with that deal. It is good for people who want to get off the coupon train, but it's going to require me to shuffle around some of my purchasing plans.
[/QUOTE]

For all intents and purposes, unless you are a Nintendo fan the coupon train is pretty much over after next week anyways as only a handful of games are going to offer coupons after the 14th as the new releases stop.

For Nintendo fans, you've got Mario on 3DS to Skyward Sword to Mario Kart 7, but for 360 only people they only have WWE 12 and PS3 users have that plus Tekken. You've really got nothing to use your coupons on after that except for Black Friday stuff and games you missed.

Looking at the releases, the deal is probably designed as a stopping point for the coupon train.

I definitely prefer this, as I'm someone who owns or has played most of the games K-Mart stocks (since they only really stock the big name stuff), so there is really no old games for me to spend coupons on. Taking off money up front is far preferable to me having leftover coupons like last year.

[quote name='animalspinners']If that list was somehow all the new releases like Saints Row 3 and Assassin's Creed, this could potentially be a killer deal if you get $50 in coupons the week before.

Saints Row 3 and Assassin's Creed for $90, then $50 in coupons to get both games for $40.

That would be unreal, even for K-Mart. I'm almost not expecting something that crazy, to be honest.[/QUOTE]
It is for the newest releases. I think it's Saints Row, Assassins Creed, MW3, Skyrim, Rayman, Need For Speed? Somebody posted the list a few days ago.

[quote name='TylerDurden313'](From KmartGamer.com)
THEingloriousONE:

Here are some general guidelines:

-Non-Super K stores will be staying open until 1AM and only the Electronics department will be open.

-Super K’s, if you didn’t know, are open 24 hours.$ So feel free to stand around if you want.

-All of the 51 stores will be allowed to sell MW3 at 12:01AM.

-Each store will have 5 Hardened Edition copies for Xbox 360 and 4 for PS3.

Kmart MW3 Midnight Release Store listing[/QUOTE]
Well this is certainly good news. I thought the hardened was going to be far more limited.

Quick question; Would this qualify for the $50 coupon if I bought MW3 on Nov 8th and then purchased Skyrim on the 11th? Or do I have to buy both at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Evolved']Well this is certainly good news. I thought the hardened was going to be far more limited.[/QUOTE]

Only the stores listed will get those amount of hardened editions.

For the remain stores League of One said:
About 75% of the stores will be. The stores that do receive Hardened Editions (besides the ones listed above) will only get 1 copy per platform.

[quote name='Kyoz']Quick question; Would this qualify for the $50 coupon if I bought MW3 on Nov 8th and then purchased Skyrim on the 11th? Or do I have to buy both at the same time?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I was going to add this to the OP but then I realized it was already there.

Spend $110.00 or more in gaming software in a single transaction

[quote name='ShockandAww']It is for the newest releases. I think it's Saints Row, Assassins Creed, MW3, Skyrim, Rayman, Need For Speed? Somebody posted the list a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Well damn, thats fantastic.

I've got $60 in coupons to throw on MW 3, so I figure I'll throw Goldeneye in there and get both games for $60 and the register will spit out $50 worth of coupons. Luckily I can't get MW 3 until Tuesday night so thats plenty of time to see how the process works for others when it comes to the deal.

I'll pay full price for Skyrim and get a $15 coupon.

I'll get Saints Row 3 and Assassins Creed for $40 and Mario for $25 using my Skyrim coupon, which leaves me with one coupon from getting Mario so I can carry out the Nintendo train with no problems.

This promotion turned out far better that just straight up coupons for me... I'm all about saving money up front and its given me a clear path where I can maximize my coupons without having leftover coupons and nothing to spend it on.

[quote name='TylerDurden313'](From KmartGamer.com)
THEingloriousONE:

Here are some general guidelines:

-Non-Super K stores will be staying open until 1AM and only the Electronics department will be open.

-Super K’s, if you didn’t know, are open 24 hours.$ So feel free to stand around if you want.

-All of the 51 stores will be allowed to sell MW3 at 12:01AM.

-Each store will have 5 Hardened Edition copies for Xbox 360 and 4 for PS3.

Kmart MW3 Midnight Release Store listing[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Evolved']Well this is certainly good news. I thought the hardened was going to be far more limited.[/QUOTE]

That 5 for 360 and 4 for PS3 only applies to those stores listed running midnight launches. All other stores will be very limited in Hardened Editions.

[quote name='confoosious']I was going to add this to the OP but then I realized it was already there.

Spend $110.00 or more in gaming software in a single transaction[/QUOTE]

Oh hey it is on the OP! Whatta ya know! Well I guess my last coupon gaming coupon will end with MW3. It was fun while it lasted, I'm definitely looking forward to the next year's coupon train with Kmart. Thanks Josh! Keep up the hard work!

I just bought over $20 worth of doritos at kmart today, but I did not get a $10 gaming coupon. Do I have to buy Mt Dew to get the coupon?

[quote name='animalspinners']For all intents and purposes, unless you are a Nintendo fan the coupon train is pretty much over after next week anyways as only a handful of games are going to offer coupons after the 14th as the new releases stop.

For Nintendo fans, you've got Mario on 3DS to Skyward Sword to Mario Kart 7, but for 360 only people they only have WWE 12 and PS3 users have that plus Tekken. You've really got nothing to use your coupons on after that except for Black Friday stuff and games you missed.

Looking at the releases, the deal is probably designed as a stopping point for the coupon train.

I definitely prefer this, as I'm someone who owns or has played most of the games K-Mart stocks (since they only really stock the big name stuff), so there is really no old games for me to spend coupons on. Taking off money up front is far preferable to me having leftover coupons like last year.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you're saying and it is a well designed deal to allow people to get off the train as the flood of holiday releases ends. For all the people who were calling Josh shady and saying he purposefully made the MW3 deal the way he did so you can't use the Batman coupon, they should look at this deal and realize that the exact opposite is true. He's always looking out for us. The batman coupon will still be active the B1G1 week so you can get two games at a discount and not end up with more coupons you need to use.

For me personally though, I still want the best value and I'm still trying to juggle between getting games at KMart and reaching 5 preorders at Best Buy to get the $100 in points from there. If I preorder AC:R and SR3 from BB, I'll get $20 value for each in points + preorder DLC for each versus $30 off for the two at KMart.

I'll still go to KMart next week and use my coupons from that on Zelda. As for the Zelda coupon...I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

[quote name='Kyoz']Oh hey it is on the OP! Whatta ya know! Well I guess my last coupon gaming coupon will end with MW3. It was fun while it lasted, I'm definitely looking forward to the next year's coupon train with Kmart. Thanks Josh! Keep up the hard work![/QUOTE]

You'll still get a $15 coupon if you only buy MW3 due to the "spend $40, get a $15 coupon" part of the deal.

EDIT: After re-reading your post maybe that's what you meant by your "last coupon" being MW3. Either way I just wanted to make sure you knew that you got a coupon.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is B1G1 half off featured games. We will post today.[/QUOTE]

Oh That SUCKS big time :cry:. I wud have preferred a $20 coupon of each game....this turns out to $15 off. Hope it is a better deal :booty:

[quote name='chriscolbert']You'll still get a $15 coupon if you only buy MW3 due to the "spend $40, get a $15 coupon" part of the deal.

EDIT: After re-reading your post maybe that's what you meant by your "last coupon" being MW3. Either way I just wanted to make sure you knew that you got a coupon.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on using my $20 coupon from uncharted 3, so wouldn't that come out to $39.99 before taxes. I wouldn't be qualified for the $15 coupon.....by ONE cent. /cryyy

[quote name='harish7447']Oh That SUCKS big time :cry:. I wud have preferred a $20 coupon of each game....this turns out to $15 off. Hope it is a better deal :booty:[/QUOTE]

God forbid, $30 off when buying 2 games. How will you live!?

[quote name='jhuneycutt']I agree with everything you're saying and it is a well designed deal to allow people to get off the train as the flood of holiday releases ends. For all the people who were calling Josh shady and saying he purposefully made the MW3 deal the way he did so you can't use the Batman coupon, they should look at this deal and realize that the exact opposite is true. He's always looking out for us. The batman coupon will still be active the B1G1 week so you can get two games at a discount and not end up with more coupons you need to use.
[/QUOTE]

I was one of the people who was against that deal when it first came out, but it had nothing to do with Josh -- he knows I've got nothing but respect for him (and his crew) and I know he wouldn't forge a bad deal.

My issue with the deal when it was said we couldn't use coupons was that it was other people at K-Mart in different departments stepping in and pulling some strings -- while Josh and his crew are fantastic, from personal experience I have no trust for anyone else who works at this company in a higher up role from working there and having bad experiences pretty much all across the board.

Josh is awesome, the electronics staff at my local store is (now) awesome, but the rest of K-Mart... idk, not so much. We all saw what happened when K-Mart delegated stock issues to someone other than Josh, and how they kept yanking him around on online coupons. The first thing I thought of when it was rumored coupons would affect the total for the MW 3 deal was someone higher than Josh started manipulating the deals to save on money.

Like I've always said, I spend so much at K-Mart when he's got deals going because I'm supporting him, not the chain itself. I waited to get a 3DS until he ran a deal on it with the $25 coupons just to show that his offers do work and to add +1 to his stats.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']God forbid, $30 off when buying 2 games. How will you live!?[/QUOTE]
LOL, I love you guys. Best company reps I've ever had the pleasure to interact with. :applause:

[quote name='animalspinners']Well damn, thats fantastic.

I've got $60 in coupons to throw on MW 3, so I figure I'll throw Goldeneye in there and get both games for $60 and the register will spit out $50 worth of coupons. Luckily I can't get MW 3 until Tuesday night so thats plenty of time to see how the process works for others when it comes to the deal.

I'll pay full price for Skyrim and get a $15 coupon.

I'll get Saints Row 3 and Assassins Creed for $40 and Mario for $25 using my Skyrim coupon, which leaves me with one coupon from getting Mario so I can carry out the Nintendo train with no problems.

This promotion turned out far better that just straight up coupons for me... I'm all about saving money up front and its given me a clear path where I can maximize my coupons without having leftover coupons and nothing to spend it on.[/QUOTE]

The full list is

Call of Duty: MW3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Saint's Row 3
Halo Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Rayman Origins
Need For Speed: The Run

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']God forbid, $30 off when buying 2 games. How will you live!?[/QUOTE]

Wont somebody please think of the children?!??

Any idea if people will be able to buy multiple Hardened Editions at these stores?

I'd hate to be second in line and have a hoarder grab all 4 or 5 copies.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']The full list is

Saint's Row 3
Halo Anniversary
Rayman Origins
Need For Speed: The Run[/QUOTE]

That's a hot list.

To me, Halo Anniversary doesn't really work out, since you're getting less savings due to it only being a $40 title. I think that's the only one where I'd have preferred it got its own separate coupon offer.

I'll probably pass on it and see if anyone does any Black Friday or Christmas type deals on it -- with Saints Row 3 and AC: Revelations the same day, its not like I'd get to Halo for awhile anyways and its just a remake at that.

Yea, I think I will definitely bite the bullet and buy Goldeneye on Tuesday with MW 3 to get $50 worth of coupons instead of $15 -- the future savings is worth it.

Saint's Row 3
Halo Anniversary
Rayman Origins

So could I get Need for Speed: The Run and Halo Anniversary and get the $30 off?

Saint's Row 3
Halo Anniversary
Rayman Origins

Thanks, Stock Boy! I was hoping Skyrim would be included. I'm a little worried it won't be on shelves in time for the $40/110 deal. It being a Friday release and the deal ending Saturday doesn't give much leeway for some of the stores that don't get the games out on time.

Skyrim and Saints Row 3 for me.

[quote name='Kyoz']I was planning on using my $20 coupon from uncharted 3, so wouldn't that come out to $39.99 before taxes. I wouldn't be qualified for the $15 coupon.....by ONE cent. /cryyy[/QUOTE]

Josh clarified a while back that as long as the total is $40 before tax, discounts, or coupons, you will get the new coupon.

So you will in fact get a new $15 coupon.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']When will the Mario DS coupon offer be revealed?[/QUOTE]

Probably soon -- its probably a $15 going by what he usually does for $40 games.

Saint's Row 3
Halo Anniversary
Rayman Origins

Okay CAGs,

Not a bad list here but I do have a dilemma of sorts. I'm going to get Reveleations for sure but nothing else on this list interests me (getting Skyrim on PC) and I would hate to see that second game at 50 percent go to waste.

I know some of you were thinking about getting something from Amazon's B2G1 but some of you didn't see a third game you wanted. There ARE some games on there I would like but not enough to tempt me to pulling the trigger.

Anybody TRUSTWORTHY wanna try and work something out? If so, shoot me a PM since the Amazon offer ends tomorrow.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Josh clarified a while back that as long as the total is $40 before tax, discounts, or coupons, you will get the new coupon.

So you will in fact get a new $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's awesome, thanks for the info chris!

[quote name='MikeE021286']Any idea if people will be able to buy multiple Hardened Editions at these stores?

I'd hate to be second in line and have a hoarder grab all 4 or 5 copies.[/QUOTE]

Stores aren't supposed to but unfortunately there is nothing transactional to stop the registers from letting el hoardo buy all of them. If you do happen to be in line you can speak up and let the cashier know they're aren't supposed to support distributors and that you and other customers are looking for these. Sorry we don't really have any other stop but the stores SHOULD be aware of this.

Super Mario 3D Land comes with a $15 coupon, it will be in the ad too in case of any problems.

[quote name='jkircos']So could I get Need for Speed: The Run and Halo Anniversary and get the $30 off?[/QUOTE]

No, Halo Anniversary retails for $40 so you would get half off of it, meaning $20 off.

Guess I was spoilt by all your previous deals so far :p...but still am dissapointed :wave:...

Stock boy as you are online, can you please reply to my email I sent to you a few days back reg. MW3 Hardened stock at some of the stores near me. I would appreciate that. Thanks

Saint's Row 3
Halo Anniversary
Rayman Origins

Does this mean I can pick up two copies of Assassins and split the difference with a friend?

Thanks for this deal - Batman coupon into SR3 and ACR sounds great.

That is really my full list for the rest of this year, so a great time to hop off a coupon train.

I never thought I would say this...I may have run out of games? Between finishing off my 5/100 deal at Best Buy...getting games for the spend $110 get $50 and the B1G1 offer I might not have enough games to do this...time to look at some older games like Dark Souls and Dead Island for next week instead of MW3 and Skyrim.

So essentially if you have no coupons the next 2 weeks allows you to get 4 games at $40/game. Not bad for jumping on the coupon train the final 2 weeks. Those already with coupons get an even better deal.

Wow, I'm waiting for the following Tuesday then to pick up Skyrim along with Assassin's Creed Revelations. I still have a $20 coupon so $60 Skyrim + $30 AC:R = $90 - $20 coupon = $70 [$35 per game (plus tax, gas)]. Still a hell of a deal and I don't feel forced now to buy MW3 the week before to get the $50 coupon deal. Final total for being patient = $70.

If I were to convince someone to let me buy them MW3 that Friday for $45, that would leave me to spend $75 to buy both games ($45 + $75 = $120). Using my coupon would bring my out of pocket share to $55 ($75 - $20 coupon = $55). The next week I'd be using both the $35 and the $15 coupons to buy AC:R for $10. So my total out of pocket costs for Skyrim and AC:R using this method ends up being $65.

I think making one trip to Kmart (saving on gas) negates the $5 savings for me plus I don't have to convince another dude to wait till Friday to get their COD fix.

[quote name='animalspinners']Probably soon -- its probably a $15 going by what he usually does for $40 games.[/QUOTE]A $15 coupon has already been confirmed for Super Mario 3D Land on the Kmartgamer FB page.

Damn these 2 weeks are hot deals for gaming at kmart. i dont expect bf deals this good on most of these new releases.

SR3 and AC Revelations for $40 after that $50 in coupons....wow. I will be drowning in games lol.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does the $20 cpn that comes with the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword apply to both the stand alone game and the $70 wii-mote bundle? Thanks

[quote name='harish7447']Guess I was spoilt by all your previous deals so far :p...but still am dissapointed :wave:...

Stock boy as you are online, can you please reply to my email I sent to you a few days back reg. MW3 Hardened stock at some of the stores near me. I would appreciate that. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. The B1G1 half off isn't as hot a deal as some people are making it out to be...at least as far as K-Mart deals are concerned. Usually, big name releases get at least a $20 coupon....this B1G1 half off essentially acts as $15 off for each game...I was hoping for a "Buy certain $60 game, get $40 off another $60 game"....the deal is still decent though, but not fire like I was anticipating.

At least I will have the $50 in coupons from MW3/Skyrim and then I will purchase ACR and SR3 for a total of $39.99+tax for both after the promotion and coupons. At least it is a good way to hop off the train without extra coupons with no worthy games to use it on. Gonna wait till the end of January to hop back on the train when FFXIII-2 comes out :D

[quote name='Metal Militia']Sorry if this has been asked already, but does the $20 cpn that comes with the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword apply to both the stand alone game and the $70 wii-mote bundle? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Well as to it being a hotter deal or not, it's completely different. This way you get the savings immediately, the other way you needed to buy something else. That and the fact that the week before there is a pretty nice coupon deal makes this deal pretty nice. Definitely on par for Kmart...seeing as I'm going to be using my $50 in coupons to be getting 2 games for $40.

So yea, maybe $15 off a piece this week, but $25 off a piece (basically) from coupons from last week evens it out.

It's a hot deal for sure for me. Since I am doing next week's and two weeks from now's deals, it's great. Two brand new games for $20 each? Amazing...

[quote name='EducAsian']Usually, big name releases get at least a $20 coupon....this B1G1 half off essentially acts as $15 off for each game...I was hoping for a "Buy certain $60 game, get $40 off another $60 game"....the deal is still decent though, but not fire like I was anticipating.[/QUOTE]

You're not very good at math are you? B1G1 half off acts effectively as a $30 coupon (and you said it yourself, it's like getting $15 off each game, i.e. a $30 coupon off your next purchase). Only difference is you have to use it on the spot. Asking for a $40 coupon is just ridiculous; even the $30 Arkham City coupon was an amazing deal, $40 would just be bonkers.

Is there a way to check if my Kmart will carry any Hardened editions on Tuesday? I want to know whether it's worth getting up at 6am to make sure I get my hands on a copy.

[quote name='starshipvelcro']Well as to it being a hotter deal or not, it's completely different. This way you get the savings immediately, the other way you needed to buy something else. That and the fact that the week before there is a pretty nice coupon deal makes this deal pretty nice. Definitely on par for Kmart...seeing as I'm going to be using my $50 in coupons to be getting 2 games for $40.

So yea, maybe $15 off a piece this week, but $25 off a piece (basically) from coupons from last week evens it out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess that is true. I guess I needed to just look at the bigger picture. However, has it been confirmed that we can use our coupons on the B1G1 deal? I am assuming we can, but I don't think it has been confirmed yet?

[quote name='ilnadmy']You're not very good at math are you? B1G1 half off acts effectively as a $30 coupon (and you said it yourself, it's like getting $15 off each game, i.e. a $30 coupon off your next purchase). Only difference is you have to use it on the spot. Asking for a $40 coupon is just ridiculous; even the $30 Arkham City coupon was an amazing deal, $40 would just be bonkers.

Is there a way to check if my Kmart will carry any Hardened editions on Tuesday? I want to know whether it's worth getting up at 6am to make sure I get my hands on a copy.[/QUOTE]

And you aren't very good at math or comprehension are you? If you are buying two games and it's $30 off, that's a $15 coupon for each game. Big name releases usually get a $20 coupon for each game, thus the hotter deal would be $40 off ($20 coupon each game). Get it? Got it? Good.

[quote name='EducAsian']Yeah, same here. The B1G1 half off isn't as hot a deal as some people are making it out to be...at least as far as K-Mart deals are concerned. Usually, big name releases get at least a $20 coupon....this B1G1 half off essentially acts as $15 off for each game...I was hoping for a "Buy certain $60 game, get $40 off another $60 game"....the deal is still decent though, but not fire like I was anticipating.

At least I will have the $50 in coupons from MW3/Skyrim and then I will purchase ACR and SR3 for a total of $39.99+tax for both after the promotion and coupons. At least it is a good way to hop off the train without extra coupons with no worthy games to use it on. Gonna wait till the end of January to hop back on the train when FFXIII-2 comes out :D[/QUOTE]

The instant saving is the better deal. You would have to buy 4 games all receiving a $20 coupon just to equal this instant savings. Which means you would also have to spend twice as much money out of pocket.

I believe most people, myself included, see this 'B1G1 half off' deal and think on the most basic math when comparing it. Instant discount =/= future coupons. I would take $15 off instantly on a new release retail game any day over $20 in a future purchase. Coupons "force" you to keep buying games in order to get said discount, this B1G1 1/2off deal lets a lot of people end their so called coupon trains. I love this deal, I honestly wasn't gonna buy any more games after MW3 (I'm getting Skyrim on Amazon for $50 shipped plus the $10 credit), but now I was hoping for a way to use my future $50 coupon on something. This deal solves it and comes in at a great time. (AC:R + SR3 -$30 rebate - $50 coupon = great finale to my coupon train, if the deal allows us to use the coupons)

I believe we are definitely spoiled (we ALL are, no exceptions) by the great deals Josh and his team are doing at Kmart. If Amazon made available the amount of $15-20 credits that they do, it wouldn't be an issues, Amazon would be the only place to buy. Its not, and I am happy Kmart has taken this initiative. I am spoiled (definitely), my mind tells me this B1G1 1/2off isn't as good, but it is, and we have to try to be more grateful and stop complaining cause its not a "$70 off a $60 game" deal.

And could people please stop asking the most basic questions. PLEASE!!!, READ A LITTLE OF THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING STUFF. Some questions have been asked each page and they keep getting asked, its ok to not know everything, but at least makes it seem like you tried to find the answer. And use common sense please. ;) /end rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back