KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Keen314']LOL, I love you guys. Best company reps I've ever had the pleasure to interact with. :applause:[/QUOTE]
Because we really aren't reps lol. Just proactive buyers :)

[quote name='dino88']The instant saving is the better deal. You would have to buy 4 games all receiving a $20 coupon just to equal this instant savings. Which means you would also have to spend twice as much money out of pocket.[/QUOTE]
It seemed the right way to conclude the holiday. Very little releasing after it to make holding on to a coupon valueable.

Went to my store in Santa Maria, CA for the third time this week: still no Uncharted, no LOTR, no Sonic, no Goldeneye. Kind of pissed I have a $30 coupon I can't use. Guess I'll see if they stock the new games on 11/15 for the B1G1 50%, but I'm not shopping there after that.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It seemed the right way to conclude the holiday. Very little releasing after it to make holding on to a coupon valueable.[/QUOTE]

When is the blog gonna get updated?

[quote name='EducAsian']And you aren't very good at math or comprehension are you? If you are buying two games and it's $30 off, that's a $15 coupon for each game. Big name releases usually get a $20 coupon for each game, thus the hotter deal would be $40 off ($20 coupon each game). Get it? Got it? Good.[/QUOTE]

No my friend, you fail (I mean no disrespect, just trying to clarify things). Deals are technically the same.

Lets test math. To compare, we need to buy the same amount of games for the deals to be compared right. Games have to be new releases, so its $60 a pop.

$20 Coupons:
Game 1: $60 + a future $20 off coupon. ($60 out of pocket)
Game 2: $60 - previous $20 coupon + future $20 coupon ($40 out of pocket)
Game 3: $60 - previous $20 coupon + future $20 coupon ($40 out of pocket)
Game 4: you need to finish the train, so you buy a new release $60 game and use last $20 coupon. ($40 out of pocket)

You spent 60+40+40+40 = $180 + taxes.

B1G1 half off deal:
Game 1: $60
Game 2: $30
Game 3: $60
Game 4: $30

You spend 60+30+60+30 = $180 + taxes.

The coupon deals win when they offer more than $20 on coupons in order to beat a B1G1 1/2off. Thats why Batman's $30 was such a sweet deal, it is better than a B1G1 half or B2G1 deal. Next weeks 110/$50 coupon is also a great deal.

*sigh* This deal is very good at testing one's will.

I had this plan all laid out whereby I could get U3, Skyrim, Super Mario 3D Land, and Skyward Sword for a total of $105 (essentially half off each game) and come out with a $20 coupon to continue my coupon train, but then Josh revealed the B1G1 1/2 off deal, I saw CAGs talking about getting "brand new games for $20 each" (which would require me to abandon my coupon train), and I was slightly tempted to alter my plans.

But after thinking long and hard about it, I realized that my initial plan was the better choice--the only 11/15 new releases that interest me are SR3 and AC:R. The former is hopefully going to drop in price before Christmas and the latter...come on, it's a Ubisoft game, so of course it will drop soon. Maybe Josh could even have a repeat of Brotherhood's deal from last December ($39.99 w/ $20 coupon) next month...;)

Either way, thanks for all of the awesome deals, Josh; even if I'm not getting in on the B1G1 deal, it's because of you that I'll be able to save $105 on four new releases, two of which are Nintendo titles that I don't see getting lower prices anytime soon. :applause:

So I was thinking about this deal and man, seems like the deal just kinda fell right into place...being on a week with a ton of AAA releases and the week after a great coupon deal...the fact that it's the week right before black Friday and giving us something to use our previous coupons on while at the same time not giving any new coupons out that could be used during potential black Friday deals, nice planning Josh. Worked out very well. Hope it all works well in motion.

The only thing that could of made it better is if Mario land was included but I for sure can't complain since it has a coupon code. Guess I'll just have to pick up halo with my Zelda or Mario kart coupon.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It seemed the right way to conclude the holiday. Very little releasing after it to make holding on to a coupon valueable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, Josh. Buying four new releases in just one month is crazy for me.

And that's what makes you more than just a proactive buyer. You're a gamer as well and understand that nothing else is coming out and that it's time for the train to head to the station for a while.

For someone wanting options for the biggest titles this holiday season, these upcoming two weeks are by far the best option. Especially when the majority of us have Batman and/or Battlefield 3 coupons burning a hole in our pockets.

[quote name='chriscolbert']And that's what makes you more than just a proactive buyer. You're a gamer as well and understand that nothing else is coming out and that it's time for the train to head to the station for a while.
[/QUOTE]

But he's a SCAMMER!

Josh is like the Kmart equivalent of the Riddler, and we're Batmen playing his little games. We all have to choose the right deal.

So does that mean the coupons do work on the B1G1 half deal. I assume they do but I learned never to assume, saves time. :D

[quote name='nightmare452']So does that mean the coupons do work on the B1G1 half deal. I assume they do but I learned never to assume, saves time. :D[/QUOTE]

Despite verbiage on the coupon saying you can't, that has never been the case before and I wouldn't expect that to change, especially given Josh's comment you quoted.

I have some math to do. Can anyone tell me if the 360 version of Dark Souls was on sale this week also? Earlier in the week it was not on the website...only the PS3 version.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Despite verbiage on the coupon saying you can't, that has never been the case before and I wouldn't expect that to change, especially given Josh's comment you quoted.[/QUOTE]

They must have changed the coupons, because I'm looking at the Uncharted coupon and it doesn't say anything about a B2G1/B1G1.

Been off the coupons for a while (I'M CLEAN!!), but now I'm pondering dropping $160 or thereabouts on minimum 4 brand new games. It might be more fun to stock up on DS stuff for next week's deal then get Saints Row and...something else....the following week.

[quote name='dino88']They must have changed the coupons, because I'm looking at the Uncharted coupon and it doesn't say anything about a B2G1/B1G1.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they probably had the foresight to update it after Batman to avoid any issues. I'm looking at my Batman one and it says "Not valid on Buy One, Get One events".

I know it's nothing to be concerned about regardless but that's awesome they took it off.

[quote name='sadboy']Josh is like the Kmart equivalent of the Riddler, and we're Batmen playing his little games. We all have to choose the right deal.[/QUOTE]
Haha, that's actually something I really enjoy about Kmart deals, the planning and number crunching to find the best arrangement for my interests. And every time a new deal is announced, it's like another piece of the puzzle.

I actually like the fact Skyrim is on the Buy one get one half off deal. Now I dont have to go on friday the 11th and hope someone is around to release the game and put it out. My K mart never puts anything out past tuesdays here in Everett, Wa. Saves a trip and alot of frustration.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah they probably had the foresight to update it after Batman to avoid any issues. I'm looking at my Batman one and it says "Not valid on Buy One, Get One events".

I know it's nothing to be concerned about regardless but that's awesome they took it off.[/QUOTE]

I see that same verbiage on my BF3 coupon so the U3 coupon must've been the first coupon that they took that verbiage off...the only reason someone would be concerned is if the employees at their K-Mart are incompetent (which is many) and they argue with the customer that the coupons can't be used because of the verbiage that the coupon is "Not valid on buy one, get one events"...

I have more games to catch up on than probably most anyone else on the forums here. I basically have most everything from the ps3 catalog to catch up on along with a TON of multiplatform titles.

I am working about 70 hours at work this week so I can get in on the $110 deal next friday when I get paid. It would benefit me more to pick up the good $15-$30 ps3 titles to get them for about $80 after coupons then get skyrim and sr3 or assassins creed the next week.

The perfect way to get off the train. I'll end up spending $130+tax out of pocket for MW3, Skyrim, AC:R, and Saints Row 3 after coupons. You're brilliant!!!

I know the question has been asked more than once already, but I have to ask, just to ensure we get an answer;

"Does the upcoming $15/$35-coupons for the Buy $40/$110, apply towards the Buy 1 get 1 half off?"

Obviously that aspect will play a large role into deciding when and what to purchase this week and the following.

I apologize for repeating the question, but with no definitive answer I feel it deserves repeating.

Thanks in advance.

Ugh. I should have waited until next week to get Uncharted 3. Then I could couple it with Skyrim for the $50 coupon and then do the B1G1 deal the next week for Rayman and SR3. Now I don't know what to do.

I haven't even played it yet. I wish I hadn't opened it yet.

[quote name='Strategy101']I know the question has been asked more than once already, but I have to ask, just to ensure we get an answer;

"Does the upcoming $15/$35-coupons for the Buy $40/$110, apply towards the Buy 1 get 1 half off?"

Obviously that aspect will play a large role into deciding when and what to purchase this week and the following.

I apologize for repeating the question, but with no definitive answer I feel it deserves repeating.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

+1. We are all assuming the coupons will work, but with no definitive answer, the question bears repeating.

First off, I'm super happy about the B1G1 half off deal, and can't wait to get NFS:The Run + SR3.

My only debate is whether I want to pick stuff up this week to get the $50 coupon. Decisions.

But...

[quote name='nightmare452']No my friend, you fail (I mean no disrespect, just trying to clarify things). Deals are technically the same.

Lets test math. To compare, we need to buy the same amount of games for the deals to be compared right. Games have to be new releases, so its $60 a pop.

$20 Coupons:
Game 1: $60 + a future $20 off coupon. ($60 out of pocket)
Game 2: $60 - previous $20 coupon + future $20 coupon ($40 out of pocket)
Game 3: $60 - previous $20 coupon + future $20 coupon ($40 out of pocket)
Game 4: you need to finish the train, so you buy a new release $60 game and use last $20 coupon. ($40 out of pocket)

You spent 60+40+40+40 = $180 + taxes.

B1G1 half off deal:
Game 1: $60
Game 2: $30
Game 3: $60
Game 4: $30

You spend 60+30+60+30 = $180 + taxes.

The coupon deals win when they offer more than $20 on coupons in order to beat a B1G1 1/2off. Thats why Batman's $30 was such a sweet deal, it is better than a B1G1 half or B2G1 deal. Next weeks 110/$50 coupon is also a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Your math is off. First off, you're completely leaving out that at the end of the Train example, you'd ALSO have a $20 coupon. To leave out this future value is to miss the value of the train entirely.

Also, you're fixing the game by quitting the train at 4 games. At 4 games, you're missing the value of the train. It means with a coupon train you'd use 3 coupons ($60 value), making it buy 3 get 1 free, which is the same as B1G1 half off. Absolutely correct. But it requires you never use that 4th coupon, and therefore, miss out on when it becomes a great deal.

The Train rewards people who stay on it a long time. At 10 games out, for example, assuming all $20 coupons, you'd have used 9 $20 coupons.
$60 + 9($60-$20) = $420 + $20 coupon left over at the end.

A b1g1 half off for 10 games =
5*60 + 5*30 = $300 + $150 = $450 and no coupon left over.

Quite simply, the coupon train is far superior in the long run.

That said, the b1g1 half off is great at this time of year.

Hey Josh is there anyway to call BS on the employees at the Kmart. Last time i went to buy black ops there, the guy told me they had hardened editions * when it was released i mean* . So i'm all excited and then he tells me they were for pre-order only.I know no preorder. I overheard the employee saying to asset protection that they would not be putting out the Hardened edition, but they would get it themselves. I was there at opening and none were put out for COD:BO so i found it kinda suspicious. Is there anyway to make sure this doesn't happen. I don't want to be there at opening and be told they sold out or didn't get any in when they tell me they did get at least 1 or 2.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
SLY 3 PS2 SLY 3 PS3 - $12.99
[/QUOTE]

This is the Sly Collection, right? I was going to buy it today with Uncharted, but it rang up as $29.99. Shouldn't the prices have been fixed by now?

[quote name='dino88']This is the Sly Collection, right? I was going to buy it today with Uncharted, but it rang up as $29.99. Shouldn't the prices have been fixed by now?[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in knowing this too, though I'm assuming this is NOT the Sly Collection. I can't see it dropping from 39.99 all the way to 12.99. Certainly the train would stop at the 29.99 station first.

Unless the conductor is completely wasted! :D

Just wondering why do the coupons for next week's deal only last until the 23rd? I thought I recall coupons working during BF and rest of Thanksgiving weekend up to Cyber Monday last year. Zelda is the only game within the coupon dates I'm willing to get.

Also regarding the selling of MW3 at 12:01 am local time...is that ONLY for those stores listed for a midnight launch? What about 24 hour stores NOT on the list? Do you know when electronic department opens in a 24 hr store?

I ask because I hope to get to a store before 9:30 am and would like to get a hardened edition (one for each system). I have heard so nightmare stories about people arriving "early" (before 10am) for the Batman deal and not getting in on since a worker claimed "sold out" or "didn't get it" both which are likely false since I have read of successful accounts here (all same store in question and sold out probably by 11am)

[quote name='Strategy101']I know the question has been asked more than once already, but I have to ask, just to ensure we get an answer;

Obviously that aspect will play a large role into deciding when and what to purchase this week and the following.[/QUOTE]
Short answer: Yep.

Longer answer: Josh will have to answer definitively obviously but the answer should be yes they will apply. The coupons did have a blurb about not being useable on B1G1 deals but 1) In the past people didnt really have any issues using their coupons for this same type of deal and 2) People have said that the B1G1 clause has been removed on the newest coupons. So if that's the case now then the answer is absolutely yes you can.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']The full list is

Call of Duty: MW3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Saint's Row 3
Halo Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Rayman Origins
Need For Speed: The Run[/QUOTE]
this was the list earlier - the link to kmart gamer doesn't have cod mw3 - does anyone have any info on this

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']The full list is

Call of Duty: MW3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Saint's Row 3
Halo Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Rayman Origins
Need For Speed: The Run[/QUOTE]

Just saw this. Sweet. Hope MW3 is on there for sure.

Thanks for that. It's a nice way to tie off and cap the crazy string of purchases from this quarter. My wallet will be so much happier when I can let it rest for a while.

Thinking COD:MW3 + pts, then AC:R and SR3. Not sure yet.

[quote name='thegoodshepherd']this was the list earlier - the link to kmart gamer doesn't have cod mw3 - does anyone have any info on this[/QUOTE]
It was edited out. I have it open in a tab from earlier, and looking at the newer version, it's been taken out.

So I'm guessing I cannot use the $30 AC coupon on the Buy 1 get 1 50% promotion? It says on the coupon "not valid on Buy One, Get One events."

[quote name='Gixxer']So I'm guessing I cannot use the $30 AC coupon on the Buy 1 get 1 50% promotion? It says on the coupon "not valid on Buy One, Get One events."[/QUOTE]

Pretty much everyone is trying to get confirmation either way on this. Most of us are assuming that we can use the coupons, but there has been no official confirmation yet.

If you can't use the Gaming Coupons on the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off deal, that kind of defeats the whole purpose of them, IMO. If that's the case, that's pretty shady, considering how many people do the "coupon train" thing to keep coming back.

I'm guessing the restriction is for "buy one get one free" promotions.

And on another note... What are the odds of MW3 even being available that week anyway? With it being so popular, and even having a midnight launch at some stores, and Kmart always getting such limited stock on games... Will there even be any left for the 50% promotion?

EDIT: Okay I just read the text on my $20 coupon from Arkham City, and now I have no idea why you guys are even questioning this... The coupon basically just says $20 off a gaming purchase of $20 or more, in-store only. It says nothing about B1G1 anywhere. Why would you even think this coupon wouldn't work? I'm not getting the logic...

[quote name='DDustiNN']If you can't use the Gaming Coupons on the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off deal, that kind of defeats the whole purpose of them, IMO. If that's the case, that's pretty shady, considering how many people do the "coupon train" thing to keep coming back.

I'm guessing the restriction is for "buy one get one free" promotions.

And on another note... What are the odds of MW3 even being available that week anyway? With it being so popular, and even having a midnight launch at some stores, and Kmart always getting such limited stock on games... Will there even be any left for the 50% promotion?

EDIT: Okay I just read the text on my $20 coupon from Arkham City, and now I have no idea why you guys are even questioning this... The coupon basically just says $20 off a gaming purchase of $20 or more, in-store only. It says nothing about B1G1 anywhere. Why would you even think this coupon wouldn't work? I'm not getting the logic...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I read that Stock Boy will be making sure there are TONS of copies of MW3 and Skyrim in stock....MW3 is probably the most anticipated release of this year so it would be foolish of K-Mart to stock a low quantity and lose out on potential sales of the game. I'm pretty confident that there will be plenty of copies...even at K-Mart.

And I have my Battlefield 3 coupon with me right here and it states specifically that it is "Not valid on Buy One, Get One events" Also, multiple people on this thread have stated the same verbiage shows up on their coupons as well....I'm not quite sure what that verbiage entails exactly, but it would be comforting to get a firm confirmation that our gaming coupons will indeed, be allowed on the B1G1 half off promotion.

If, and it really should, the coupon you get from the $15/$50 deal applies to the B1G1 sale, there is a ton of potential for dealing in the next couple weeks. I would be very surprised if they didn't apply, everything seems to point to "yes, they should work".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back