SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for updating the clearance list Josh. I'm wondering what eventually will happen to all the stale games? Their are so many that have been dropped to just $29.99 and $19.99 that will never sell at that price, especially because with many of the titles their are multiple copies.

Do you guys send them back to the manufacturer or do they hang around till the finally hit at $19.99 or lower price and get tossed in the clearance bin? It's gotten to the point where their isn't much space left in our display cabinet and even games just a few weeks old are getting removed and stacked below the display case where it is virtually impossible to see them and their prices

[quote name='GBAstar']Thanks for updating the clearance list Josh. I'm wondering what eventually will happen to all the stale games? Their are so many that have been dropped to just $29.99 and $19.99 that will never sell at that price, especially because with many of the titles their are multiple copies.

Do you guys send them back to the manufacturer or do they hang around till the finally hit at $19.99 or lower price and get tossed in the clearance bin? It's gotten to the point where their isn't much space left in our display cabinet and even games just a few weeks old are getting removed and stacked below the display case where it is virtually impossible to see them and their prices[/QUOTE]
The $19.99 titles are actually moving pretty well from a whole house perspective. I'd like to get all these stale games at $14.99 and below before holiday. All depends upon how much financially I can absorb in partnership with the publishers.

Not to blow my own horn again, but I'm still curious as to an answer if you can give one, Josh.
By the way Josh, I had to do an exchange on a game, but instead of a one-to-one, they did a return, then put the credit on a "Merchandise Return Card," which I had to use to buy the other game. Will that affect my coupons, or will I be ok do you think?

Also, is there any chance of Reach/Black Ops-esque deals in the future, to buy X and get Y (from a list of recent titles) for $Z off?

Lastly, will we find out that other Portal 2 deal soon? Kind of morbidly curious about it (though my inner CAG may be disappointed I didn't wait.)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Not to blow my own horn again, but I'm still curious as to an answer if you can give one, Josh.

Also, is there any chance of Reach/Black Ops-esque deals in the future, to buy X and get Y (from a list of recent titles) for $Z off?

Lastly, will we find out that other Portal 2 deal soon? Kind of morbidly curious about it (though my inner CAG may be disappointed I didn't wait.)[/QUOTE]
I'd say LA Noire has a similar Reach/Ops esque type of offer. Different but same type of concept.

I do not know what a merchandise return card is to be honest, you should be good though.

I'll reveal the Portal 2 offer next week probably Friday. EA does not want me to compromise any sales too early.

Hey Josh, quick note. In your price drops, you have Legendary Starfy listed as a Wii title, but it's NDS, and if it helps, I re-arranged all the games by system. Alphabetized it too because I'm bored and I have no life...

XBOX 360
:360: Crackdown $19.99
:360: Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360: Front Mission Evolved $29.99
:360: Fusion Frenzy 2 $14.99
:360: Halo Wars LE $29.99
:360: Lost Odyssey $19.99
:360: Ninety Nine Nights $19.99
:360: Ninja Blade $19.99
:360: Tenchu Z $19.99
:360: Too Human $19.99 (I love this game)
:360: Viva Pinata $14.99

PS3
:ps3: Armored Core 4 $29.99
:ps3: Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3: Front Mission Evolved $29.99

WII
:wii: Animal Crossing City Folk $29.99
:wii: Astro Boy $14.99
:wii: Big Brain Academy $19.99
:wii: Donkey Barrel Blast $29.99
:wii: Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen $14.99
:wii: Endless Ocean $19.99
:wii: Fire Emblem $29.99
:wii: Mario Strikers $29.99
:wii: Pokemon Battle Rev $29.99
:wii: Punch Out $29.99
:wii: Wario Land Shake It $29.99
:wii: Warioware $29.99
:wii: Wii Speak $19.99

NINTENDO DS
:ds: Advance Wars Days of Ruin $19.99
:ds: Dragon Quest IV: Chapter of Chosen $19.99
:ds: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride $29.99
:ds: Dragon Quest Monster-Joker $19.99
:ds: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time $19.99
:ds: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring Fate $29.99
:ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon $19.99
:ds: Flash Focus $14.99
:ds: Fossil Fighters $19.99
:ds: Hotel Dusk $14.99
:ds: Legendary Starfy $19.99
:ds: Legend of Zelda Phantom Hour Glass $19.99
:ds: Master of Illusion $19.99
:ds: Metroid Prime Hunter $19.99
:ds: Personal Trainer Cooking $14.99
:ds: Planet Puzzle League $19.99
:ds: Pokemon Explorers of Darkness $19.99
:ds: Pokemon Explorers of Time $19.99
:ds: Professor Layton Curious Village $19.99
:ds: Rhythm Heaven $19.99
:ds: Super Princess Peach $19.99
:ds: Wario Master of Disguise $19.99

PSP
:psp: Start Ocean First Departure $14.99
:psp: Star Ocean Second Evolution $19.99

PS2
:ps2: Final Fantasy XII $14.99

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Email Status:

I have emailed everyone back that Jim has forwarded over to me and who contacted me directly.

If you have not heard back from either of us please resend. [email protected][/QUOTE]

I saw the email, ROCK SOLID!!! You guys are really on the level. I saw the deal for next week on the 360s. Are you guys doing anything on the wii system, any time soon? I want to get my mom one for mothers day.

Decent deal on MoH next week. After playing through the campaign, I decided the $20 price point was pretty much the sweet spot on this game. Decent gameplay and graphics, just nothing groundbreaking. Never dug into the multiplayer; might consider picking it up again for $20 next week. I wish Bulletstorm would drop to $20 (or should I say soon; no doubt that this will hit that price range in the next 2-3 months). I'm interested to check it out, but with no real competitive multiplayer, I don't know what kind of legs it will have.

Just picked up Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, points card and Front Mission Evolved, I got both coupons, and the card came out free but only got 15000 points bonus, the card being discounted kept me from getting the 25,000, but all in all it worked out the same, free points card is whats up. Thanks for the awesome deal josh, looking forward to L.A. Noire announcement next month. I know you had said there is a $20 coupon but looks like there is extra to the deal you were hinting at above.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'd say LA Noire has a similar Reach/Ops esque type of offer. Different but same type of concept. [/QUOTE]Uh-oh...I hope you can reveal the full details of the L.A. Noire offer soon, Josh, because I now have to seriously consider how I'm going to get my copy--for $29.99 due to Gohastings' price error last year, or for who knows how much at Kmart if I can get another game with it and use the $60 in coupons. :bomb:

Also, you have a Happy Easter too, Josh!

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Not to blow my own horn again, but I'm still curious as to an answer if you can give one, Josh.

Lastly, will we find out that other Portal 2 deal soon? Kind of morbidly curious about it (though my inner CAG may be disappointed I didn't wait.)[/QUOTE]

Just yesterday I used my merchandise return card (39.99 on it) towards my 180.00 purchase. Got both coupons and the 25,000 sywr points just fine

Big shout out to Josh and Kmart! Went to store 4984 and had a great experience. Picked up Portal 2, MK and a points card for $128.89. Got my $60 in coupons and 16,259 in points. I'll be doing my games shopping at Kmart from now on.

Are crysis 2 and Fight Night still on sale? I thought I had today to get the deals on those along with the coupons and bonus points... Just got paid, hope I didnt miss out!

[quote name='brewin']Are crysis 2 and Fight Night still on sale? I thought I had today to get the deals on those along with the coupons and bonus points... Just got paid, hope I didnt miss out![/QUOTE]

Yes, today is the last day for the sale. They all run Sunday open to Saturday close.

[quote name='brewin']Are crysis 2 and Fight Night still on sale? I thought I had today to get the deals on those along with the coupons and bonus points... Just got paid, hope I didnt miss out![/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 is also 39.99 next week

Thanks! Need to spend over $150 before tax to get the bonus 25k SYWR pts correct? Just trying to figure all this out before I go in.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Crysis 2 is also 39.99 next week[/QUOTE]
Yeah I saw that. But I want to go all in and get the $60 in coups and the 25k pts! Trying to maximize the value so the woman wont bitch about me spending so much on games.

[quote name='jdough']Big shout out to Josh and Kmart! Went to store 4984 and had a great experience. Picked up Portal 2, MK and a points card for $128.89. Got my $60 in coupons and 16,259 in points. I'll be doing my games shopping at Kmart from now on.[/QUOTE]

What's with everyone getting 15,000 point? I spend 129.95 on kmart for mk and 4 xbl card and i didn;t get any sort of bonus 15,000 point?

[quote name='Xellos2099']What's with everyone getting 15,000 point? I spend 129.95 on kmart for mk and 4 xbl card and i didn;t get any sort of bonus 15,000 point?[/QUOTE] Did u get the email? Special 2 day deal. It was good friday and saturday only I believe. I would return/rebuy if I were you!

[quote name='Xellos2099']What's with everyone getting 15,000 point? I spend 129.95 on kmart for mk and 4 xbl card and i didn;t get any sort of bonus 15,000 point?[/QUOTE]

When did you buy them? There is a 2-day only SYWR promo going on that was only good yesterday and today. I never got the email but it applies to all SYWR members.

Went ahead and gave it a second go with my same SYWR account. Hopefully both sets of coupons work. Spent a whole hell of a lot of $ at Kmart this week, haha.

Damn, came very close to pulling the trigger on MOH at Target this week for $27. Glad I waited; K-Mart wins my money again.

Got 2x copies of Metroid Prime trilogy, 1x Super Street fighter, 1x $20 PSN card and a bottle of shampoo to get the $60 in coupons and the $25 in shop your way rewards. Super good haul. These deals also win Kmart getting me in and seeing the little chest freezer that I bought too. Thanks Josh and other posters for feeding me these ideas.

Might go for Dead Space with my $20 coupon, or just wait until the coupon is closer to expiring. And it will be 39.99.. My coupon expires on the 14th so I cant use it on LA Noire

Any chance in hell the week of LA Noire you could do a $20 coupon + a discount on either Brink or Lego Pirates? Of course it probably doesn't matter since I'll jump on those titles release week anyway like I always seem to end up doing. No patience...

Probably not going to happen since they release the week before but figured I'd ask anyway :)

Also looking for cheap copies of some past games like Red Dead, Castlevania...anything else halfway recent and good.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Wait, with the Portal+MK deal ending today, could you just buy $120 in Microsoft points?[/QUOTE]
As long as you buy $120 worth of the $19.99 XBL cards or $20 PSN cards you'll get the $15/$45 coupons through today.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I do not know what a merchandise return card is to be honest, you should be good though. [/QUOTE]

Probably falls under the "Gift Card" system as they're trackable for cancellation/LP purposes if necessary. In fact they're usually "special" gift cards or if the person was particularly annoying/shady, a credit slip mailed to them. Helps build a case against repeat offenders and gives the retailer the ability to shut them down legitimately.

The above isn't personal experience with Kmart but another big retailer.

[quote name='thegreek']No offense Josh, but Kmart is a lost cause.[/QUOTE]

Well in Josh's role they are not a lost cause, because basically they're starting from the bottom in video games sales. He has to see it as a huge opportunity. Nowhere to go but up, and it sounds like he's doing a good job nationally of capturing some sales.

No question KMART has a LONG way to go as a retailer, they were on a long decline and other than one guy making a bright spot in video games, it does almost seem like it's a lost cause. As a whole department store, it just looks like their inventory is UNBELIEVABLY stale, and in some stores video games might still be among the worst offenders even with Josh pushing these new games promotions. I will tell you as an accountant I'd love to see the details on the SEARS/KMART books LOL, just to see what they value all that OLD aging inventory at.

I can tell you they've got my business from a games perspective as long as the deals are there, but otherwise they aren't likely to get me to add other items to my ticket. I've noticed even locally that the discrepincy can be rediculous between stores. I have 3 near me, 2 of them are pretty good, but unfortunately 1 one of them, the "most convenient" for me, I swear looks more messed up inside than a 99 cents store or a Goodwill. Not surprisingly this store often doesn't have the right new games in stock either, but they have whole PILES of old games not moving. It's so aggravating to go into a store and they don't have SOCOM 4 that just came out THIS week, but they have like 5 copies of NON-GREATEST HITS SOCOM Confrontation including at least 1 still bundled with the headset!!!! Also several Warhawk bundles with headset still sitting there. WTF is up with that? Being the deal seeker that I am I end up having to move to the next KMART that is 5-10 miles out of the way just to get the games I want in this weeks' promotion.

I just talked to a guy today at the location I made my purchase because I couldn't believe they only got 2 copies of SOCOM 4 in stock this, and his response was "nobody comes here for video games I guess". So as good as Josh's deals are they still need to reach more people. I have run into a few people on the street(friends), and even some random KMART employees who are aware of KMARTGAMER, so that is progress I guess.

I agree AO. After feeling like i completely wasted my time at TRU my next choice was Kmart. I wasn't paying attention and was also tempted to pick up FN or Crisis while i was there. The sales are good, the clearance is pretty comparable to other stores and we get bonuses for shopping there. The store i visited today was no hassle shopping and the stock was plentiful. The associate was very knowledgeable and helpful with my purchase. What more can you ask for when spending your hard earned money?

I had to go back, and take advantage of this deal while it lasted.

Picked up :360: MK, Portal 2, 2x 1600msp cards.

Used my 25,000+ SYWR Points from my prior shoppng trip: $115........ received another $15/45 coupon, and 15,000 more SYWR Points.... so now I have a ton in credit to use after tomorrow ^_^

Recap:

Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, Crysis 2, Chaos Field, Monster Hunter Tri, 6x 1600 MSP Cards.

MSRP.... roughly $350 + tax

Out of pocket cost (incl tax): $275

.....with $135 in Store credit to still use ^_^

:bow: Kmart crew!

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']So I bought $150 worth of games yesterday and got the 60 in coupons but the bonus points were messed up and had to do a return and rebuy. I gave the old coupons back and she let me keep them along with the new ones. Are the old ones deactivated or something? because I dont know which ones to use now.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Anyone know?

Sorry if this has been answered, but if I buy MK and Portal 2 on PS3, can the point card discounts apply to an XBL card, or does it have to be the same system. I'm already flush with PSN points cards, but getting low on XBL points. Thanks.

OK guys don't laugh at this request to Josh........

Can we see wwe all-stars for $29-$34.99 range within the next couple of weeks?

I tried the demo out today and it was soooo much fun!!!

Crazy part was my fiance played and she loved it too!!

Stupid question about the spend $120 get $60 coupons promotion.

I took advantage of this during the deal, but one of the games I got was a random $5 "filler" to get over the $120 for the $60 gaming coupon and the $15 SYWR bonus.

However when I got home I realized I made a mistake and this filler game is a waste even at $5, I probably would have been better just getting a $15 or $20 game that I might actually enjoy rather than try to add a "filler" just to reach the coupon minimum. I mean this game is so terrible it's not even listed as a trade-in on Amazon, so you KNOW it's got to be bad (also the 2.5 review score on Gamespot is probably not a good sign either). Would returning this game in any way mess up my coupons or SWYR rewards? I guess I should just use them first just to be safe, but hopefully this is a pretty typical exchange

Hey Agent Orange? Which game? I'm sure somebody here would throw you five bucks for it instead of you returning it and losing your coupons.

Also, went back to Kmart today, picked up Punch Out, Super Street Fighter IV 360, Rhythm Heaven and Dragon Quest V along with two 1600 point cards and some other stuff to get my 25,000 SYWR points and two more coupons printed out. I REALLY hope all my coupons work. It'd be really, really, REALLY nice to stock up on even more MS points using all of these coupons... Or get Portal 2 in two weeks or so. Or put it towards a new PSP...

Side note, if anybody out there is looking for Dragon Quest V, my store had one more copy left at $29.99...

Ok, I'm curious to know (its prob been asked but I didnt search, sue me), will the coupons work on those PS3 Game/ Controller combo sets (like GoW Collection + Red controller)?

Or otherwise, will the coupons work on controllers alone?

Edit: @Agent Orange - I would just keep the $5 filler game if I were you rather than risk losing the coupons or the SYWR bonus. I guess just think of it as having only gotten $10 worth in rewards and not $15. You come out ahead either way.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Hey Agent Orange? Which game? I'm sure somebody here would throw you five bucks for it instead of you returning it and losing your coupons.

Also, went back to Kmart today, picked up Punch Out, Super Street Fighter IV 360, Rhythm Heaven and Dragon Quest V along with two 1600 point cards and some other stuff to get my 25,000 SYWR points and two more coupons printed out. I REALLY hope all my coupons work. It'd be really, really, REALLY nice to stock up on even more MS points using all of these coupons... Or get Portal 2 in two weeks or so. Or put it towards a new PSP...

Side note, if anybody out there is looking for Dragon Quest V, my store had one more copy left at $29.99...[/QUOTE]

If somebody wants Beijing 2008 for PS3, than may god have mercy on their souls. :twisted:

I'll probably just try to exchange it without the receipt after I use up the coupons. Being $5 I guess it's not the end of the world. Obviously when I bought it I was just thinking "spend $5 more, get $15 back, math is fun". I kind of panicked though because I was already annoyed having visited the 1st store and not even having SOCOM4, then the 2nd store didn't really have anything on my "shopping list" from the clearance games so I just went with a filler item instead. There was definitely better options though, so I'm not really sure what I was thinking. :dunce:

Yes, you can mix the systems for the point cards. The deal doesn't require either platform for game or card.

Yes, you can use the coupons to buy the controller combos as the coupons apply to anything in gaming. You cannot EARN the coupons by buying them, however, as they are in the system as accessories and not software.

Hope this helps someone before stores close for the day (and week).

[quote name='DPsycho']Yes, you can mix the systems for the point cards. The deal doesn't require either platform for game or card.

Yes, you can use the coupons to buy the controller combos as the coupons apply to anything in gaming. You cannot EARN the coupons by buying them, however, as they are in the system as accessories and not software.

Hope this helps someone before stores close for the day (and week).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I decided to chance it, since stores here closed 20 minutes ago, and it worked buying the PS3 games and the XBL card (which is good, because the store didn't have any psn cards even if I had wanted them). Each game took off $10, as reported earlier, so the card was free. I had originally decided to pass on both this and the TRU deal and try to save (read: not spend) money, but the extra SYWR points pushed me over the edge.

So quick question. The OP does not state what the Brink and LA Noire coupons are yet but I thought I read somewhere in the thread they are both $20. Anyone confirm this? If the reviews are good I plan on using my $45 coupon and 15,000 points on Brink and then the following week using the $20 and $15 coupon + 10,000 points to get LA Noire for $15. Then I think I will use the $20 coupon on a points card unless I find a cheap game I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back