Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
So do all of the coupons now require a SYWR card to be redeemed now? I have an Epic Mickey pre-order coupon to redeem but no SYWR card. Thanks.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Done. $25 it is.[/QUOTE]

Think you can work some magic on You Don't Know Jack and THQ's Homefront?

Man I can't wait for You Don't Know Jack!

[quote name='DonWii']Looks like he went back into the lamp.[/QUOTE]

We get 3 wishes... if $25 coupon on DS2 was one... we should really make our other 2 wishes really count!

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

1. Games always in stock
2. Employees who know what we're looking for/talking about when it comes to Gaming Coupons

I'm sure Josh even wants these wishes to come true :p

[quote name='kidu']So do all of the coupons now require a SYWR card to be redeemed now? I have an Epic Mickey pre-order coupon to redeem but no SYWR card. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I HOPE that's not the case...I mean I just redeemed a $20 coupon last night and bought four more games, and as far as I know it's not like that.

I HATE these stupid rewards programs. Bad enough I had one at Kroger's and then best Buy...then Toys R Us did it (and then promptly quit having any deals...actually Best Buy was similar), and... I've just had it with them :(

I've never even USED my Toys R us one, and weirdly they first told me they woudln't be sending me one until after the first time I bought something from there, then they proceeded to send me three sets!

I bought Enslaved for PS3 a while back, and I know people were having trouble trading it in at Amazon. Anyone have any luck trading it in through kmart.gazelle.com?

If they aren't taking it- that's pretty screwed up.

I think I just might have to jump on this GS and DQIX DS deal. I literally just got the 25th Anniversary Mario DSi XL on Sunday so I'm looking for some good games. I have a $15 EM coupon I could apply and then to get $25 in coupons back is really, really nice. Actually it's damn good the more I think about it. Here's to hoping my store has them both in stock!

The only downfall to the Golden Sun/ DQ9 deal is a lot of stores apparently have one or the other in stock, but not both. Here's to hoping...

Dang, well at least I can try to get one from from Kmart if my preorder from Gamestop doesn't come through :whistle2:/

[quote name='knightsdwn']I don't have the ad in front of me, but I do not recall seeing a $10 off description for the PS3 Greatest Hits games. I will confirm once I get home from class.
[/QUOTE]

Just looked over the ad again and it only states that PS3 Greatest Hits are $19.99 with no $10 off description.

Looks like my coupon train is coming to an end. It was a good run though. I did see my Kmart has Darkstar One marked at 29.99, so I'm tempted to pick it up with a $15 Epic Mickey coupon.

Regarding Darkstar One, you can get it for I think $10 from gog.com, which uses no DRM at all-you own the game. It's the PC version of course. I'm not sure what changes were made to the Xbox version, though I'm really glad it got brought over, because I love Starflight/Privateer type games!

Any chance the valid date on super mario all stars is going to be long enough to last until LBP 2 Or dead space 2? Or is there anyway you can get creative so we can have gaming coupons in hand next year for the new releases?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Regarding Darkstar One, you can get it for I think $10 from gog.com, which uses no DRM at all-you own the game. It's the PC version of course. I'm not sure what changes were made to the Xbox version, though I'm really glad it got brought over, because I love Starflight/Privateer type games![/QUOTE]

Yes, I've almost picked it up a few times for the PC for pretty cheap. I dont play too many games on the PC and for some reason I'd rather play this on the 360 instead....not sure why, lol.

Just curious, but has anyone else received a text message from the number 595959 saying that you've been enrolled in Kmart's Shop Your Way Rewards Program?

I just got one 30 minutes ago, and I thought it was rather odd. I've been a member for nearly 10 months now (signed up with my cell phone number too) and this is the first message I got.

It's not a big deal, just more of a heads up in case anyone else gets one. Maybe, just maybe, they've gotten things figured out.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']wow gamespot gave Epic Mickey a terrible review. Now I am not sure what I should spend my $20 coupon on[/QUOTE]

And this is one reason why I don't care what a corporate reviewer thinks. Gamespot, IGN and the like can disappear for all I care.

I stopped reading reviews in blind faith years ago. :)

I am so sorry everyone, I am really just having a very tough week at work and I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to 100% on customer issues. I am usually much better at this but it's like a perfect storm right now on the every day job front.

I look at the Metacritic page for Epic Mickey, and the first thing I see is that it got a 78. I also notice that there are 32 reviews- 25 are positive and 7 are neutral. What strikes me odd is that there are 10 reviews that give it an 85 or higher. That's what I'm going to base my initial opinion- whether to buy it or not- on. It seems like a lot of people think the game is great.

I might be weird, but I like to take the metascore with a grain of salt. I read the good reviews, the bad reviews, and those in the middle. Unlike a lot of Wii games (and even some really good ones), Epic Mickey doesn't have but one review below a 60- and that one review really doesn't seem to agree with the plethora of reviews that say the game is good. The review basically sounds like they were going to hate it no matter what, since they even state in the review that the premise of the game (to take Mickey and make him darker) is a bad idea. They went in not liking the game, and you get a review score based on that- not really anything about the game.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am so sorry everyone, I am really just having a very tough week at work and I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to 100% on customer issues. I am usually much better at this but it's like a perfect storm right now on the every day job front.[/QUOTE]

You need more people to handle the customer issues, so that you can better spend your time negotiating with publishers and bringing great deals for CAGs. ;)

[quote name='Altanis']The only downfall to the Golden Sun/ DQ9 deal is a lot of stores apparently have one or the other in stock, but not both. Here's to hoping...[/QUOTE]

Well I just went out on my lunch break and had great success! They had a few of both on the shelf, so for $41.73 OOP (including the $5 spent on the $15 EM box coupon) I got Golden Sun, Dragon Quest, a $10 coupon, and a $15 coupon.

Truly great deal! :applause:

I just got Epic Mickey CE + a $30 coupon for $44.99 after paying $59.99 for Enslaved a month or so ago. What a deal!

[quote name='nbballard']I bought Enslaved for PS3 a while back, and I know people were having trouble trading it in at Amazon. Anyone have any luck trading it in through kmart.gazelle.com?

If they aren't taking it- that's pretty screwed up.[/QUOTE]

I was going to trade mine into Amazon until I learned they're rejecting the UPC. That's a good idea to try the kmart/gazelle trade-in but at this point I want to wait for the Pigsy DLC.

Has anyone traded anything into kmart/gazelle that can compare it to the Amazon process?

Quick question, if I buy two $39.99 games in the same transaction, will it print out two $15 coupons or will I have to get them in two separate transactions? Also, I assume you couldn't use both of the $15 coupons and walk out with NBA Jam for free next week, correct? Thanks.

I hope my Kmart has copies of Golden Sun & DQ9 tomorrow...otherwise I'll try to find a way to be creative w/ my coupons & gaming choices.

[quote name='probin74243']I was going to trade mine into Amazon until I learned they're rejecting the UPC. That's a good idea to try the kmart/gazelle trade-in but at this point I want to wait for the Pigsy DLC.

Has anyone traded anything into kmart/gazelle that can compare it to the Amazon process?[/QUOTE]Somebody posted that thecoverproject was the way to go with Enslaved before trading it in.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Quick question, if I buy two $39.99 games in the same transaction, will it print out two $15 coupons or will I have to get them in two separate transactions? Also, I assume you couldn't use both of the $15 coupons and walk out with NBA Jam for free next week, correct? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Two transactions, it's the same bar code for the promo so only one promo coupon will print out per transaction.

[quote name='probin74243']I was going to trade mine into Amazon until I learned they're rejecting the UPC. That's a good idea to try the kmart/gazelle trade-in but at this point I want to wait for the Pigsy DLC.

Has anyone traded anything into kmart/gazelle that can compare it to the Amazon process?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mad39er']Somebody posted that thecoverproject was the way to go with Enslaved before trading it in.

[/QUOTE]
I checked thecoverproject a while back, and they didn't have an enslaved cover. I'll check again tonight.

I traded in some Rockband discs through Gazelle a few weeks back. They give you the option to get credit to K-mart, Amazon, etc, etc. I took the Amazon credit (at 6% increase in value), so it was pretty much the same process.

My wife mails all my packages, and she complained that some of the forms for Gazelle were sized too big to fit in the little plastic sleeves. Other than that, I didn't have a problem with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please answer this for me... If I buy epic mickey... Does anyone know what the date is on the coupon $20 or $30 coupon is? Id like to buy another game today as well and figured I would see if I could use the coupon today. Help would be appreciated!

[quote name='titanzguard']Can someone please answer this for me... If I buy epic mickey... Does anyone know what the date is on the coupon $20 or $30 coupon is? Id like to buy another game today as well and figured I would see if I could use the coupon today. Help would be appreciated![/QUOTE]
For any of the KMart promotions the coupons aren't good until the next Sunday. In this case, the Epic Mickey bonus coupon is dated 12/5/10 -1/15/11.

[quote name='jgressley']For any of the KMart promotions the coupons aren't good until the next Sunday. In this case, the Epic Mickey bonus coupon is dated 12/5/10 -1/15/11.[/QUOTE]

Hey man - Thanks so much for the info.

Trying to figure out how I could use my coupons best.

I've noticed talks of the Silver DS2 controllers being a nice addition to the 39.98 mark to get it over and receive a coupon, but the OP states 'software' in it. Has anyone tried it?

Also, if WoW is still $5, could those be added as well? I know they're gaming software, but next week is a very specific '$15 with any PC game 39.99.' Thus, i'm somewhat confused over what combinations are possible.

I may just ask them to mark up the games by a cent. Although I do remember once I was told they couldn't do it or else they'd get fired (not sure at which store this happened.)

Is there anyway to sneak a peek at next week's deals? I'm trying to decide if I should use my coupons now or later. They expire sometime next weekend.

FINALLY was able to score Golden Sun Dark Dawn and Dragon Quest IX. I walk in, I see Golden Sun in the case but no Dragon Quest IX. I decide to have an employee page electronics, get the guy and ask him to check if they have it. He opens up the case and it is behind some Pet game or something. I ask for both, he rings me up and I hand over my Epic Mickey coupon. Walk out with Golden Sun and Dragon Quest for 35 bucks + tax when it's all said and done. Glad to finally have success after hunting it down all week. Whew. Also got the $10 coupon from Golden Sun and 15$ for 39.99 purchase. Now to dump those off and call it quits.

I tried searching but this thread is so massive that the page never loads.

I got the $25 gt5 coup last week. Can I buy NHL2010 this week with 25 coup, get $15coup, then next week price match nhl to 39.99 and use $15 coup on nba jam?

[quote name='theflavor']I tried searching but this thread is so massive that the page never loads.

I got the $25 gt5 coup last week. Can I buy NHL2010 this week with 25 coup, get $15coup, then next week price match nhl to 39.99 and use $15 coup on nba jam?[/QUOTE]
Kmart does not price match.

Well, I have another complaint to mention. It's not worth sending an e-mail, but still, it's worth the post. I went to Kmart, expecting to pick up Epic Mickey, with a little embarrassment.

I was with my mom, grocery shopping, and expecting to burn a $15 coupon from the Epic Mickey pre-order, as well as a $15 from the Sly collection. She got the game with the coupons while I browsed.

She came over and informed me the clerk (who has given me problems before, and is an idiot in general, enough so that I had to send off an e-mail), refused the second coupon, citing they were identical, despite being physically different because of the new wording AND having different numerical barcodes. This guy is just awful, and I was so infuriated, but I had to walk away or I'd lose the coupons in an honest return.

Every person in my area is quite awkward, and basically all read the same manual on being disgruntled and disagreeable. It would be common courtesy to scan the coupon and prove the customer is wrong OR right, but no, I don't think the jerk would have done it for anyone or anything. I really don't like having to teach and train employees on their own employer's policies.

I have to laugh at the posts about price-matching. They can't even abide by their policies when they are applicable, and I seriously doubt the average Kmart would do so, even if it were shoved in their face. Good luck, with your fabled intrawebs talks at the store, price-matchers.

[quote name='io']No problem finding Golden Sun here, but I did have trouble with DQ IX to go along with it. I went to 3 Kmart stores and the first two had Golden Sun but I didn't see DQ IX. In both cases, when I asked the Electronics worker if they had it, all they did was go glance at the case (which I had done thoroughly before I asked). So that was somewhat frustrating. I guess I expected them to look it up in the computer or something.

Anyway, the third store had ONE DQ IX but no Golden Sun. I asked about it, and this guy, at least, knew what I was talking about. He had just forgotten to put them out ;).

So, in the end I was able to get those two together (+ $10 and $15 coupons of course). I wanted to go to all those stores, anyway, to see what I could get using the $39.99+ deal and I found a few things at one of them, so it was not a total waste.

kitm9891 - I did not go to your store. I was picking up my Mom at the airport so hit up the 3 other ones on the east side on the way.[/QUOTE]

No problem, until the end of your post all I kept thinking was what the hell were the clerks doing at my store, lol. Glad we werent part of the problem though as this is the worst time of the year as the stores are hiring young, seasonal employees who are quite possibly working their first job ever so there is a HUGE learning curve for some unfortunately. As Ive always said if you ever have an issue finding a game, redeeming a coupon or anything else related to these deals just shoot me a message and I can take care of it at the store level for you.

josh can you post the dates when the coupons are valid in op the from now on? i would like to see if it is worth it for me to get golden sun since i have nothing to buy until january

My biggest problem is my store just not been very good at getting games in or at least putting them out. Missed out on Assassins Creed BH, Need For Speed Hp, and Sly Collection cause they never got them. Got Golden Sun today I asked for it got the guy sayen Golden Eye shrugging his soulders and walking off finally after looking around myself I saw a copy on the ground behind register had him come back and got it.

[quote name='Corvin']I ask them every week and it sounds like that is something they think just shows up on the truck.[/QUOTE]

Next time youre in just mention to them that they need to contact Blackhawk and order them themselves, at which point Im sure they will explain that they have no idea how to do that. Now, at that point you can mention that if they pull their paperwork for the Video Game Accessories layout, on the first or second page, it will give them the # to call to order more of them and hopefully they will get on it at that point.

I received in the mail today my $10 gift card for missing out on one of the Donkey Kong Country Returns coupons last week. It was a Sears gift card, but worked fine at Kmart. Thanks Josh (and the CS reps) for the follow-through on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back