Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dago2727']Hey Josh. Sent you an email last night regarding the $10 coupon for WWE All Stars. Please let me know what you think. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I am going to try and get back to everyone today, latest tomorrow.

Hope Square ok's the savings on re:coded, I'd love to go pick it up at K-Mart for a reduced price. I'll probably be grabbing Plants vs. Zombies DS as well (assuming the KH deal wouldn't be active until next week) even though there's no deal on it, I've been waiting for that game for a while :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm guessing the " " marks denote a sense of purposeful conspiracy in which I am screwing over people trying to use coupons before they expire. [/QUOTE]

You sir, are my goddamn hero. :applause:

Thanks for all you do, Josh. I can't believe the giant piles of bullshit that you put up with.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe I have posted the January offers and what I am trying to do for Feb. and Mar. until I can get the coupon issue fixed.[/QUOTE]

So what is the offer with Dead Space 2? Looking through all your posts it didn't look like anything was finalized with that. Also, what about Two Worlds 2? I haven't seen you mention that one at all. Is that just scrapped or what?

Dead Space 2 and KZ3 are the big question marks for me. I still have an active DS2 preorder out there. Want to know if cancelling it is wise. Was hoping to pick it up at Kmart. I know you are working on it, Josh!

So, with this whole ME2/LBP2 deal, the first one purchased is always going to be full price, while subsequent ones are half off? How far would this chain down? If I were to purchase multiple copies, would the receipt read 60, 30, 30, 30, etc. or would there be some kind of limit where the system no longer allows it? Let's say I buy ME2, LBP2, and some other $60 game. I can only assume the receipt would be 60, 30, 30.

[quote name='bmachine']You sir, are my goddamn hero. :applause:

Thanks for all you do, Josh. I can't believe the giant piles of bullshit that you put up with.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='adamical']Josh, you are a gd saint. I apologize for the behavior of many of my fellow cags, and thank you for your endless well of patience.[/QUOTE]

+1.

SHC - I hope you understand the views of a vocal minority do not reflect the majority of us.

Keep up the good work.

[quote name='confoosious']+1.

SHC - I hope you understand the views of a vocal minority do not reflect the majority of us.

Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]
Not offended in the least; I can understand everyones frustrations and the manner in which they are vented :)

Just going to keep doing my best to get everything fixed.

Just to clarify since LBP offer lasts for 4 weeks does that mean the very last day I can purchase LBP2 and get 50% off another game is on Feb 15th? Just wondering if its valid for that day as well as there are a few games that are coming out that day that I would like to take advantage of this offer with. Thanks

[quote name='ucantcme69']Just to clarify since LBP offer lasts for 4 weeks does that mean the very last day I can purchase LBP2 and get 50% off another game is on Feb 15th? Just wondering if its valid for that day as well as there are a few games that are coming out that day that I would like to take advantage of this offer with. Thanks[/QUOTE]
Scorch is right, I need to update the details for everything based on the changes. I believe you are correct but I'll verify.

Awesome, Thanks for the response. Sucks i'll have to wait a full month to play LP2 but hey a deal is a deal and getting two brand new games for $45 should be appreciated by all. Thanks much

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Scorch is right, I need to update the details for everything based on the changes. I believe you are correct but I'll verify.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The main reason for a coupon is the return visit spend amount to the category.[/QUOTE]

Another good reason not to have GC or SYWR, except when MAP forces you to... Keep the savings in the gaming dept. I'm sure that helps with your negotiations with publishers.

Why does the sky always seem to be falling with some people? Relax. No one fights the good fight better than Josh. He's a true warrior!!

I'm guessing the " " marks denote a sense of purposeful conspiracy in which I am screwing over people trying to use coupons before they expire.

Definitely not the case though I understand the frustration and empathize. Working as quickly as possible to get the ball rolling again

I am not implying conspiracy (strong word) nor am I implicating you personally I think you have done a great job on these boards, I am just fed up with INEPT employess/unstocked games and coupons that expire too soon. Sorry for expressing my opinion.

[quote name='Interfeci']So, with this whole ME2/LBP2 deal, the first one purchased is always going to be full price, while subsequent ones are half off? How far would this chain down? If I were to purchase multiple copies, would the receipt read 60, 30, 30, 30, etc. or would there be some kind of limit where the system no longer allows it? Let's say I buy ME2, LBP2, and some other $60 game. I can only assume the receipt would be 60, 30, 30.[/QUOTE]
Isn't is B1G1, not B1GInfinite amount.

Hey Josh

Ok, I had the Michael Jackson game on the wii the week it came out. I saw all these places that had it on sell and didn't care because I had the game. Well! My cousin played mine and now wants it but didn't want to play $50 for it. Any deals coming up?

[quote name='Evolved']Isn't is B1G1, not B1GInfinite amount.[/QUOTE]

Well, of course it's finite. Stores have like, three copies of each game or something. But if you know people interested in purchasing a copy, they appreciate it if you can get it for them for less. Much like gaming coupons. It'd be like saying 'Oh, you bought two copies of that game, but we can only give you one coupon.'

It's a completely logical question.

Also, i'm unsure as to why you're saying it's B1G1. The only thing stated so far was 'Buy ME2/LBP2, get 50% off a game.' Nowhere are there any number of games to be purchased.

[quote name='Scorch']That's stupid. I know they're using data from past CE sales to decide what stores get stock of the LBP CE and how many they get, but LBP is a title marketed for everyone, so you can't really use data on sales of CE's like Halo Reach and Assassin's Creed for a game like this. I'm going to miss out on a LBP2 CE because Fatso McHoarderton grabbed three Halo Reach Legendary Editions at some K-Mart in NY to try to turn a profit on.[/QUOTE]
Actually Halo Reach Legendary was SO overproduced that virtually every retailer who still has them(Best Buy, Gamestop, etc) are now clearancing them for between $50-ish to $80. But besides that how do you know that 'Fatso McHoarderton' isn't buying them for nieces and nephews? Besides which, every deal/game is first come first served. You want that CE that the store by you only got 1-2 of, be there when they open and grab it then.

Either way I already have LBP CE pre-ordered and it's being shipped right to my door on release day, so no having to run out and deal with the fun like some of ya's.:razz::booty: Moreover it's only costing me $6.49 in real money out of pocket.:razz:
[quote name='confoosious']+1.

Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]
The squeakiest wheel gets the most grease. I'm still waiting for word that the Kmart trade program has come out of the test phase and is nationwide. But I see them throwing in the towel like WalMart did.:cry:

you'd have to have the dumbest monkeys programming the system to have it go into a constant B1G1 (half off) to infinity and beyond....

It could happen but it certainly wouldn't be by design. I expect if it did, Josh would do the honorable thing and just fall on his sword at the office.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
The squeakiest wheel gets the most grease. I'm still waiting for word that the Kmart trade program has come out of the test phase and is nationwide. But I see them throwing in the towel like WalMart did.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Why, so you can bring them 30 HDMI cables from monoprice?

Only reason you're interested in it is abusing it.

There's going to be a buy one get one half off deal? When? That could be handy with my $20 coupon I have.

This is funny, I'm actually running out of games to buy :lol:

But...it's starting again. Dead Space 2 at the least is a no brainer. I may buy Mass Effect 2 for a friend (and maybe a third copy for myself :lol:), etc.

[quote name='Interfeci']Well, of course it's finite. Stores have like, three copies of each game or something. But if you know people interested in purchasing a copy, they appreciate it if you can get it for them for less. Much like gaming coupons. It'd be like saying 'Oh, you bought two copies of that game, but we can only give you one coupon.'

It's a completely logical question.

Also, i'm unsure as to why you're saying it's B1G1. The only thing stated so far was 'Buy ME2/LBP2, get 50% off a game.' Nowhere are there any number of games to be purchased.[/QUOTE]

I really do want to understand what you're asking. "Buy ME2/LBP2, get 50% off a game" indicates that if you buy one of those games you get another one half off. If you are asking about buying two copies of ME2, then the same rule applies and you're looking at $90 + tax. If you need to buy multiple copies and want to take advantage of the deal, just do separate transactions. Now I'm assuming that the week ME2 is on sale that you couldn't buy 2 for $67.50 + tax because I think Josh said the second game had to be $59.99, which is weird because usually the cheaper game is the one that gets discounted.

no, he's asking if he can buy ME2/LBP2 for $60 and then buy all subsequent copies for 1/2 off on that transaction.

" If I were to purchase multiple copies, would the receipt read 60, 30, 30, 30, "

Some of the people in this thread are worse than the kmart employees they complain about.

I guess at least these problems happened during the time of year when i'm not buying any new games.. nothing much coming out until march for me.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I really do want to understand what you're asking. "Buy ME2/LBP2, get 50% off a game" indicates that if you buy one of those games you get another one half off. If you are asking about buying two copies of ME2, then the same rule applies and you're looking at $90 + tax. If you need to buy multiple copies and want to take advantage of the deal, just do separate transactions. Now I'm assuming that the week ME2 is on sale that you couldn't buy 2 for $67.50 + tax because I think Josh said the second game had to be $59.99, which is weird because usually the cheaper game is the one that gets discounted.[/QUOTE]

I interpret what he's wondering is that if you buy two copies of ME2, do you get the second copy of ME2 at half off, and then ANOTHER game at half off because of the second ME2. Seems like wishful thinking since you couldn't chain deals instantly before.

[quote name='Interfeci']So, with this whole ME2/LBP2 deal, the first one purchased is always going to be full price, while subsequent ones are half off? How far would this chain down? If I were to purchase multiple copies, would the receipt read 60, 30, 30, 30, etc. or would there be some kind of limit where the system no longer allows it? Let's say I buy ME2, LBP2, and some other $60 game. I can only assume the receipt would be 60, 30, 30.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chriscolbert']Now I'm assuming that the week ME2 is on sale that you couldn't buy 2 for $67.50 + tax because I think Josh said the second game had to be $59.99, which is weird because usually the cheaper game is the one that gets discounted.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because ME2 is the "trigger" for the deal, regardless of it's price. So whatever game is bought with it will be half off and must have a $59.99 price point, which would eliminate the possibility of a second ME2 while it's on sale.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']CAG has to have some of the dumbest people alive as members.[/QUOTE]

Or the smartest. Isn't the fact that loop holes keep being exposed, that created all this confusion in the first place.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']CAG has to have some of the dumbest people alive as members.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think CAG's membership might be smarter than average. Just the fact they found this place and have a complex hobby alone may indicate that. I'm generally horrified by people's inability to reason though (not CAG people I mean, just in general).

If people are wanting to chain the current games to keep getting half off the subsiquent game that is truely low. Is it possible to Buy Mass Effect 2 and get Little Big Planet 2 for half off. Technically that would be a $59.99 game, or are they exempt from each others promotion. I intended on buying both anyways and using those coupons for Dead Space 2. In the end it isn't as good of a deal but having bought over a dozen games from KMart, I would gladly give them my hard eearned dollars. I would love to see this pormotion continue and I have faith that Josh's department can get it done.

There are no coupons for ME2 or LBP2. The only offer is buy ME2 or LBP2 and get 50% off a 59.99 game. The deal last for 4 weeks.

[quote name='AFeils']If people are wanting to chain the current games to keep getting half off the subsiquent game that is truely low. Is it possible to Buy Mass Effect 2 and get Little Big Planet 2 for half off. Technically that would be a $59.99 game, or are they exempt from each others promotion. I intended on buying both anyways and using those coupons for Dead Space 2. In the end it isn't as good of a deal but having bought over a dozen games from KMart, I would gladly give them my hard eearned dollars. I would love to see this pormotion continue and I have faith that Josh's department can get it done.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stoned99']Or the smartest. Isn't the fact that loop holes keep being exposed, that created all this confusion in the first place.[/QUOTE]
You mean by reprobates who abuse the crap out of these deals and spread word of it on various forums? j/k

[quote name='apocrypha']I'm guessing the " " marks denote a sense of purposeful conspiracy in which I am screwing over people trying to use coupons before they expire.

Definitely not the case though I understand the frustration and empathize. Working as quickly as possible to get the ball rolling again

I am not implying conspiracy (strong word) nor am I implicating you personally I think you have done a great job on these boards, I am just fed up with INEPT employess/unstocked games and coupons that expire too soon. Sorry for expressing my opinion.[/QUOTE]
My opinion of CAG's, even negative CAG's, is that you all are some of the smartest gamers out there. The very point of the site is based on shrewdness :) I get better suggestions from you all than I do from publishers and people here internally.

Just a quick response:

"why am I not surprised that there is a "problem" with the KINGDOM HEARTS coup, a lot of us were probably planning on using our remaining coupon which expires this week on that one and KMART knew it"

I must have misunderstood this. Never apologize for sharing your opinion. I definitely didn't take offense to it. I just wanted to make sure everyone know the issue wasn't purposeful.

I do apologize for the ineptness that you have experienced, I get really really frustrated as well with it.

[quote name='ucantcme69']There are no coupons for ME2 or LBP2. The only offer is buy ME2 or LBP2 and get 50% off a 59.99 game. The deal last for 4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

I understand that. I meant to say that before this all went down my intention was to use the two coupons from those games on dead space 2 later in the month.

Hey Josh could you help me out on this question?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am also trying to work out a striaght savings offer on Kingdom Hearts in lieu of the cancellation that occured and am awaiting confirmation from Square.[/QUOTE]
Are we talking a straight savings of what your coupon offer was, or like $5 off? Either one's better than nothing, of course! Just trying to figure out the best way to go about this.

Also, glad to see you're still trying to appease those of us hurt by the KH fiasco. You really didn't have to do that, you know :).

[quote name='RySenkari']Hope Square ok's the savings on re:coded, I'd love to go pick it up at K-Mart for a reduced price. I'll probably be grabbing Plants vs. Zombies DS as well (assuming the KH deal wouldn't be active until next week) even though there's no deal on it, I've been waiting for that game for a while :)[/QUOTE]
Ah, that's the other big January DS release that I was interested in (could not for the life of me remember that for some reason last night).

I've got a $10 coupon that expires Jan 29 (SMAS coupon), and $15.xx in SYWR points to use.

[quote name='adamical']Josh, you are a gd saint. I apologize for the behavior of many of my fellow cags, and thank you for your endless well of patience.[/QUOTE]
This. Josh is a saint. And again, thanks for everything you do Josh.

[quote name='ucantcme69']One less game to worry about for Kmart in Feb: Nascar 2011 has been delayed until March 29th[/QUOTE]
Not surprised by that one. New publisher, and the new season starts in like 4 weeks. They're probably trying to get the 2011 game to the point of having the 2011 teams or something. That would make sense.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My opinion of CAG's, even negative CAG's, is that you all are some of the smartest gamers out there. The very point of the site is based on shrewdness :) I get better suggestions from you all than I do from publishers and people here internally. [/QUOTE]
Aww, Josh loves us!

As for why we have better suggestions: It's because we suggest what we want! :p The publishers and your internal staff don't want to lose a penny, but they also then wouldn't get our business. We also (sometimes) are capable of thinking outside the box (I think there's a joke in there somewhere) to find a solution to many different problems.

[quote name='Altanis']Are we talking a straight savings of what your coupon offer was, or like $5 off? Either one's better than nothing, of course! Just trying to figure out the best way to go about this.

Also, glad to see you're still trying to appease those of us hurt by the KH fiasco. You really didn't have to do that, you know :).

Ah, that's the other big January DS release that I was interested in (could not for the life of me remember that for some reason last night).

I've got a $10 coupon that expires Jan 29 (SMAS coupon), and $15.xx in SYWR points to use.

This. Josh is a saint. And again, thanks for everything you do Josh.

Not surprised by that one. New publisher, and the new season starts in like 4 weeks. They're probably trying to get the 2011 game to the point of having the 2011 teams or something. That would make sense.

Aww, Josh loves us!

As for why we have better suggestions: It's because we suggest what we want! :p The publishers and your internal staff don't want to lose a penny, but they also then wouldn't get our business. We also (sometimes) are capable of thinking outside the box (I think there's a joke in there somewhere) to find a solution to many different problems.[/QUOTE]
Trying to hit a $10 savings as quickly as possible. Don't want to break MAP though so I am asking them for permission.

Not buying Plants vs. Zombies for DS, did not perform well for us on the Wii verion in September even with the $10 coupon.

Not a saint :) Just your friendly neighborhood buyer man.

They only had 8 player multiplayer in the game when I saw it in September. For Nascar I told them they had to hit it up to 16. They told me they heard this from other buyers as well and I am hoping this the reason for the delay.

I do love the CAG.

From the articles I have read on IGN and Game informer 16 player online will be included as well as local split screen. About time, Who makes a Nascar game with no local multiplayer.....O wait EA lol

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Trying to hit a $10 savings as quickly as possible. Don't want to break MAP though so I am asking them for permission.

Not buying Plants vs. Zombies for DS, did not perform well for us on the Wii verion in September even with the $10 coupon.

Not a saint :) Just your friendly neighborhood buyer man.

They only had 8 player multiplayer in the game when I saw it in September. For Nascar I told them they had to hit it up to 16. They told me they heard this from other buyers as well and I am hoping this the reason for the delay.

I do love the CAG.[/QUOTE]

So for the Mass Effect 2 deal of $44.99, do you need a rewards card for that or can I just pick it up without a rewards card?

Reason asking is my parents have a rewards card and I don't so I am wondering if I have to steal theirs for the day. Either way glad to see this great drop, I appreciate all the work you do Josh and I just want to thank you.

Also happy that I have two more weeks to finish Neir before I start ME2 which will take over my life.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So for the Mass Effect 2 deal of $44.99, do you need a rewards card for that or can I just pick it up without a rewards card?

Reason asking is my parents have a rewards card and I don't so I am wondering if I have to steal theirs for the day. Either way glad to see this great drop, I appreciate all the work you do Josh and I just want to thank you.

Also happy that I have two more weeks to finish Neir before I start ME2 which will take over my life.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the kind words; you do not need to be a SYWR member for the savings.

Quick question Josh, I checked the last few pages and still wasn't sure about Dead Space 2. Is that something you're still working on? Is the $25 coupon definitely out or is there still a chance for it?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Not trying to push anything but ever since taking a break from this thread I've had way more spare time. I also stopped following the thread as soon as the OP stopped getting updated with the Ads and specials. I have maybe some SYWR points but I've been off the coupon train mostly because I didn't want to be one of "those" people that several others and I have chastised for not searching the thread by asking about whats going on. I know you got slammed with the Holiday season but I think easily in the past 3 weeks any money that could have been made off of me just wasn't because I don't receive the newspaper for the printed advertisements.

[quote name='Greendomo']Quick question Josh, I checked the last few pages and still wasn't sure about Dead Space 2. Is that something you're still working on? Is the $25 coupon definitely out or is there still a chance for it?

Thanks for all your hard work![/QUOTE]
Still TBD; definitely working on something.

[quote name='Mad39er']Not trying to push anything but ever since taking a break from this thread I've had way more spare time. I also stopped following the thread as soon as the OP stopped getting updated with the Ads and specials. I have maybe some SYWR points but I've been off the coupon train mostly because I didn't want to be one of "those" people that several others and I have chastised for not searching the thread by asking about whats going on. I know you got slammed with the Holiday season but I think easily in the past 3 weeks any money that could have been made off of me just wasn't because I don't receive the newspaper for the printed advertisements.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree, though we have not had much going on in January, I am sure it should have been updated more.

Would it be possible to extend the ME2 and LBP2 deals to 5 or 6 weeks so they're closer to the 45 days normally available for the coupons? I was planning on chaining LBP2 to MvC3, and with the buy one get one 50% off only lasting 4 weeks that wont work.

[quote name='TheNamekianClown']Would it be possible to extend the ME2 and LBP2 deals to 5 or 6 weeks so they're closer to the 45 days normally available for the coupons? I was planning on chaining LBP2 to MvC3, and with the buy one get one 50% off only lasting 4 weeks that wont work.[/QUOTE]
There is a policy that all instore offers like are limited to 1 month max. I'll definitely push if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back