KOF XIII w 4 disc soundtrack 29.99 360/PS3 @ Amazon

Bought two version of Xbox and PS3 version. How good is the online? I haven't played online since the KOF 98 era. Use to love playing KOF in the arcades. Been trying to play more fighters. A question to you CAG's which community is bigger for fighters? Is is Live or PSN?

not sure which is bigger, but add me on psn and i'll play with you :)

[quote name='NolbertoS']Bought two version of Xbox and PS3 version. How good is the online? I haven't played online since the KOF 98 era. Use to love playing KOF in the arcades. Been trying to play more fighters. A question to you CAG's which community is bigger for fighters? Is is Live or PSN?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NolbertoS']Bought two version of Xbox and PS3 version. How good is the online? I haven't played online since the KOF 98 era. Use to love playing KOF in the arcades. Been trying to play more fighters. A question to you CAG's which community is bigger for fighters? Is is Live or PSN?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, it's far easier to find matches on live. All of my local tournaments (WNF, etc) use Xbox systems. The only one that is known to use PS3 is evo.

I have SFxT on both systems and it's consistently easier to find better matches on XBL over PSN

Online was improved for me after their last patch. It was actually pretty darn playable post-patch. (360 version)

[quote name='juanawoman']If I didn't like KOF 12, would I like this one?[/QUOTE]

Most likely. Everyone that disliked 12 enjoy 13 more. One thing I like in 13 is the gameplay is more fast pace. It's a overall better game.

I suck at fighting games - but I enjoy them. And I've always wanted to try KoF on console....

Not counting online play - will I get my ass kicked? Is it accessible or are there like 900 combos to memorize?

KOF XIII sucks, I bought it full retail price and regret why I did it, but $29 is a decent price if you have money to waste. So far the best fighting game of 2011 remains MK

i think what you meant is you suck at KOF xiii.

[quote name='Zeus_Thunder']KOF XIII sucks, I bought it full retail price and regret why I did it, but $29 is a decent price if you have money to waste. So far the best fighting game of 2011 remains MK[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zeus_Thunder']So far the best fighting game of 2011 remains MK[/QUOTE]

So far?

Is another fighting game from 2011 going to be released this year?

[quote name='Zeus_Thunder']So far the best fighting game of 2011 remains MK[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing MK is probably the only fighter you played this year.

[quote name='Zeus_Thunder']KOF XIII sucks, I bought it full retail price and regret why I did it, but $29 is a decent price if you have money to waste. So far the best fighting game of 2011 remains MK[/QUOTE]
hahahahahahaha MK hahahaha

I wish this was part of the b2g1 last week heh.

Sorry you can't spam your way to victory bruh.

I couldn't pass this up at this price, that and combining this with the $10 amazon gift for $5 deal a few weeks back makes this deal even better.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i grew up playing them in arcades as well..98 is probably my fav due to nostalgia, but xiii is really amazing- theres a demo on psn if u wanna try it out. lol since you like the old games u should be buying this since the 4 disc soundtrack covers music from kof 94 all the way to xiii.[/QUOTE]

Tech where's the demo? I didnt see one on psn last night. XBL?

Nah, he's right, I've owned KOF XIII, Ultimate Marvel 3, Street Fighter IV AE, and Mortal Kombat 9.

MK9 is by far the best and the only one I still own and play.

[quote name='Donut2922']Tech where's the demo? I didnt see one on psn last night. XBL?[/QUOTE]
There is a demo on PSN, I've downloaded it before I got the game. Don't know if it's still there though.

lol it was on psn i swear. looks like they took it down =( take my word for it though, its worth picking up for $30 w/ the 4cd soundtrack.

[quote name='Donut2922']Tech where's the demo? I didnt see one on psn last night. XBL?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blinknot4']I suck at fighting games - but I enjoy them. And I've always wanted to try KoF on console....

Not counting online play - will I get my ass kicked? Is it accessible or are there like 900 combos to memorize?[/QUOTE]

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I always like hearing from fellow gamers...

[quote name='blinknot4']Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I always like hearing from fellow gamers...[/QUOTE]

If you have a 360, I'd say try out the demo. KOF has a more rush down/offensive style than other fighters. You may/may not like that aspect.

From a casual standpoint, I think this game requires more execution than Street Fighter 4 (SF4 is known to be casual friendly with easy inputs, etc).

Here's a youtube vid explaining some of the mechanics behind KOF XIII:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBwkl3LkueU&list=PLE50EDFC095584726&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Here's a (better) in depth vid explaining KOF mechanics in general:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU&feature=BFa&list=PLE50EDFC095584726&lf=plpp_video

[quote name='technicalstylez']Paco just took all my quarters. online is definitely not as smooth as it could be but its pretty playable.[/QUOTE]

Quick question, are you on wireless? If you are, that's probably the cause. I've had two bar matches smoother then you that were wired and DMZ'd. If you probably fixed your routed ports and plugged in if wireless, it'd be a lot smoother.

Dropped too many damn combos though.

yeah im on wireless. the router is on the other side of the house so i won't be doing wired anytime soon unfortunately. and lol i don't think me being wired would've changed the outcome.

[quote name='Paco']Quick question, are you on wireless? If you are, that's probably the cause. I've had two bar matches smoother then you that were wired and DMZ'd. If you probably fixed your routed ports and plugged in if wireless, it'd be a lot smoother.

Dropped too many damn combos though.[/QUOTE]

Might have to pick this up. Although, I'm still very hesitant since I heard the online code is bad. I don't have friends who play a lot of fighting games.

And I only keep Mortal Kombat around in my collection because it's the game my friends, who do not play a lot of fighting games, will actually play.

My thoughts since I had the PS3 version for a few weeks now,

The weak AI kills the offline mode--I have it on very hard from day 1 and I suck at fighters, only the boss fights give me a bit of trouble otherwise I can go 15+ rounds without losing one man.

The online mode is very "rough". Joining a game is a bit annoying nice there's usually an requirement but it doesn't show "what" those requirements are--sometimes it's locked by skill some of them by ping, ect. I managed to play a few rounds after waiting around 1/2 hr looking for people to play with, managed to find a solid 4 bar connection which played great but at 2 bars the game suffered from lag. At the time there was only a handful of people playing (this was during peak hours no less) and only 2 or 3 people I can connect with 3 bars or better and it's not my connection since I'm avg 18-22mb/s. I live on the east coast (CNY) btw. What the developers should have done was "copy" what capcom did with SSFIV, specs mode, sharing videos, more ladder matches, ect.

It's a great fighter but people have giving up playing online, so don't bother with it unless you have local friends.

bread's done
Back