L.A. Noire w/ $15 Gift Card at Best Buy + 500 Bonus Points (YMMV $48.99 PM see OP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Best Buy has PMed TRU's offer of a $15 gift card with purchase of L.A. Noire

Edit: You also get 500 RZ Points if you pre-order which amounts to another $10 certificate. Thanks Defendthestar31 for the reminder!

Edit 2: [quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE] You can try to use this to get a PM in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xDerekRx']Hmm maybe somoene can help me here. So we have to preorder online to get the 15$ card right?
If we preorder can we still get the code at the midnight release by picking up our copy?[/QUOTE]
Correct, only online has the gift card offer atm. If you do in store pickup you can still get it at midnight (have done it before and had no problems).

[quote name='dgwillia006']With store pickup, does the Gift Card go to the store too?[/QUOTE]
No, the gift card will ship out on a seperate order so you would get it later in the week.

So let me get this straight:

You preorder LA Noire from BB for $60. You get a $15 gift card. You get 500 bonus RZ points ($10). You also get the regular 60 RZ Gamer bonus points? BB wins this round.

[quote name='Scotts85']The site says that the code will "arrive in the package with the game".[/QUOTE]

Im thinking thats the Sharpshooter code, I guess I meant to ask if we can still get the DLC case if we pick up our preorder at midnight

So there's no way to apply the gift card to the price of the game? I was hoping it would ship out BEFORE the game shipped, then at midnight release I would return it and re-buy using the card (lol). Then again, I have $10 in RZ certificates I want to apply to it too...

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have to take this offer.. I'm not even sure if the Kmart deal is even official and the store is pretty far from my house as opposed to BB. Oh well, pretty good deal.

Anyone know how long their gift cards usually take to activate? It'd be great if I could pick up 2 games at the same time.

Not many retailers would eff it up enough to allow you to use the gift card you are receiving for an order, on that order. In for one, too bad no midnight release at my BB, no free Nicholson DLC for me.

Had a $10 RzCert to use and this works nicely.

Thanks OP.

Sweet, my store is having a Midnight Opening. Though....would an In-Store Pickup work with Midnight opening? Or would i just have to reserve instore

wait can i use my reward zone credit and still get these offers? In the fine print of 500 bonus points it says it wont work if you use reward zone towards the purchase. Just making sure.

Ok, I figured as much.

This deal isn't as awesome with tax though. I have to pay $4.95 tax for in-store pick up. That puts this deal about $5 better than Amazon... then again, I have to consider the gas to drive 35 minutes out of the way for the nearest midnight release.

Hmm.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']wait can i use my reward zone credit and still get these offers? In the fine print of 500 bonus points it says it wont work if you use reward zone towards the purchase. Just making sure.[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa, if that's true then F this deal

Would be all over this if my Best Buy was doing a midnight release. It's kind of mind boggling that no Best Buys near Nashville are doing a midnight release. Guess I will stick with my Gamestop preorder that I got for $10.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I still might change my mind and get it at Best Buy.

I guess the thing to do is to pre-order at a store, go to the midnight release, and price-match it to ToysRUs, who is giving a $15 GC (this is assuming BBY won't also give the GC for B&M purchases)

[quote name='ChaosLaw']I guess the thing to do is to pre-order at a store, go to the midnight release, and price-match it to ToysRUs, who is giving a $15 GC (this is assuming BBY won't also give the GC for B&M purchases)[/QUOTE]

They should, either way they PM thier own site. I'd love to see them try to say that thier own site cant be PM'd

Don't forget you can turn Best Buy gift cards or reward zone certificates into Amazon credit by purchasing the Kindle gift cards at Best Buy. Basically you could also look at this deal as buying L.A. Noire at Best Buy and getting $25 Amazon credit :p.

I'm buying this game in anticipation of zombie DLC eventually :)

[quote name='SteveGo']Don't forget you can turn Best Buy gift cards into Amazon credit by purchasing the Kindle gift cards. Basically you could also look at this deal as buying L.A. Noire at Best Buy and getting $25 Amazon credit :p.

I'm buying this game in anticipation of zombie DLC eventually :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know that.

That...is... AWESOME

This deal is actually perfect for me. Sure, it costs $4 more than Amazon.com due to taxes. However, in addition to the $15 GC, I get the 500 bonus points AND I'm $55 away from a bonus 500 points due to being enrolled in the Gamer's Club; the purchase of L.A. Noire would hit that point. So that is pretty much $35 in GC right there for purchasing from Best Buy and paying an additional $4.

[quote name='jackdoe']This deal is actually perfect for me. Sure, it costs $4 more than Amazon.com due to taxes. However, in addition to the $15 GC, I get the 500 bonus points AND I'm $55 away from a bonus 500 points due to being enrolled in the Gamer's Club; the purchase of L.A. Noire would hit that point. So that is pretty much $35 in GC right there for purchasing from Best Buy and paying an additional $4.[/QUOTE]

Small caveat: I think since you're getting a $15 gift card, you'll actually only get 45 bonus points. I'm not sure though, but the in-store gift card promos at BB work that way.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']wait can i use my reward zone credit and still get these offers? In the fine print of 500 bonus points it says it wont work if you use reward zone towards the purchase. Just making sure.[/QUOTE] I am not seeing this. I have two reward zone certificates and a bb gift card i want to use towards this game.

[quote name='jabronie185']I am not seeing this. I have two reward zone certificates and a bb gift card i want to use towards this game.[/QUOTE]

It's in the fine print on the offer's page.

Limit 3 copies per title, maximum 1500 bonus points. Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied. Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. Items must be purchased on same receipt. Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s). Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional gift card offers; Best Buy Gift Card redemptions; sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges and restocking fees; prior purchases; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Valid at BestBuy.com and Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Games must be pre-ordered by 5/16/11, and purchased between 5/17/11 and 5/21/11.

I also did customer chat on BB.com and the rep confirmed this was the case. You can get the $15 gift card using point certificates / other gift cards, but if you want the 500 bonus points for pre-ordering you have to pay in full by credit card or PayPal.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']wait can i use my reward zone credit and still get these offers? In the fine print of 500 bonus points it says it wont work if you use reward zone towards the purchase. Just making sure.[/QUOTE]

Crap, it says "Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s)" I used a $10 GC towards this. I hope i still get the 500 points.

[quote name='SteveGo']Don't forget you can turn Best Buy gift cards or reward zone certificates into Amazon credit by purchasing the Kindle gift cards at Best Buy. Basically you could also look at this deal as buying L.A. Noire at Best Buy and getting $25 Amazon credit :p.

I'm buying this game in anticipation of zombie DLC eventually :)[/QUOTE]

Is this true?! If so, my mind just exploded..

This is not the case, and I can provide some proof from the portal deal that I spent RZ certs on. What is true is that you would not earn additional RZ points beyond what paid you paid in cash/charge - ie; $60 game, u use $20RZ, you earn points for $40 in purchases. This rule applies to purchases made with giftcards as well. The pre order bonus still applies.

[quote name='dudejeff22']It's in the fine print on the offer's page.

I also did customer chat on BB.com and the rep confirmed this was the case. You can get the $15 gift card using point certificates / other gift cards, but if you want the 500 bonus points for pre-ordering you have to pay in full by credit card or PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I think that whole "Gotta pay full for RZ Credit" thing is bs. I brought Portal 2 using 40$ gift card, then paid the 5 dollar difference, and its still showing that i should receive "505" points next week sometime.

Even used Gift Cards/Store Credit on other occasions and still got it.

I can also confirm that despite it saying that, you can use gift cards and/or reward zone credit on these and still get the 500 bonus points.

It's nice to see Best Buy stepping it up and actually offering the best deals on some recent games, as much as I love supporting Amazon I also like to give Best Buy some love.

Yeah I think you'll be fine if you use RZ certs and GCs. I paid completely with RZ certs for Portal 2 (paid a buck or 2 of tax I think) and my GC came in and the points are still pending to be available in 2 weeks or so.

[quote name='mgford11']This is not the case, and I can provide some proof from the portal deal that I spent RZ certs on. What is true is that you would not earn additional RZ points beyond what paid you paid in cash/charge - ie; $60 game, u use $20RZ, you earn points for $40 in purchases. This rule applies to purchases made with giftcards as well. The pre order bonus still applies.[/QUOTE]

alright thanks. Im putting in my order right now. Also guys don't worry if ypur BB does not have a midnight release. I remember about 2 years ago when i ordered gears 2 there was a midnight madness for the hammerburst. Even though my bb was not doing the midnight madness they still got the codes and i was able to get one midday.

[quote name='chuckywang']Small caveat: I think since you're getting a $15 gift card, you'll actually only get 45 bonus points. I'm not sure though, but the in-store gift card promos at BB work that way.[/QUOTE]

That's not true at all.

Doesnt it only say "First 16" though? Unless thats just a general estimation or something.

Dont really feel like going to Best Buy at like 10pm just to get a chance at the code.

[quote name='jackdoe']That's not true at all.[/QUOTE]

I second that. You earn 0pts on giftcard purchases, but they certainly don't get deducted from your order, unless they're a payment method.

[quote name='jackdoe']This deal is actually perfect for me. Sure, it costs $4 more than Amazon.com due to taxes. However, in addition to the $15 GC, I get the 500 bonus points AND I'm $55 away from a bonus 500 points due to being enrolled in the Gamer's Club; the purchase of L.A. Noire would hit that point. So that is pretty much $35 in GC right there for purchasing from Best Buy and paying an additional $4.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I just logged into my RZ account and I'm only 30 gamer points away from another $10 RZ cert. Pay ~$65 and get back $20 RZ + $15 GC. Not too bad for my most anticipated game of the year.

So it was always my understanding if I did this pre-order thing, I'd have to payn cash to the the 500 bonus points (so the fine print says)

Snce you have to use a CC for online purchases, that's obviously not possible...but will I get the bonus points if I use a gift card :whistle2:k

EDIT just saw some people say they paid with a GCand got the points.

So is there a deadline to preorder by? I won't be home till Sunday...

[quote name='seanr1221']So it was always my understanding if I did this pre-order thing, I'd have to payn cash to the the 500 bonus points (so the fine print says)

Snce you have to use a CC for online purchases, that's obviously not possible...but will I get the bonus points if I use a gift card :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It's been confirmed multiple times that you will get the 500 point bonus no matter how you pay for the game (gift card, RZ, credit card).

The bonus offer is good until release day, so just place the order before Tuesday and you're good.

damn nice deal, makes me impatient to wait for the game. first day one pickup for me since TDU 2 in feb, so I'm really excited. The savings justify the guide purchase too, which I'm sure will be great to pick up with this game..

now to debate going at midnight..with the sudden announcement of 'Project $10' with this game, some are speculating we'll get all the DLC at some point anyway..

I'm hoping a 360 vs PS3 comparison is released prior to the game coming out. I prefer playing games on my 360, but since this began as a PS3 exclusive, it might be one of the special games that noticeably performs better on PS3.

I currently have both a 360 & a PS3 copy reserved at Gamestop (so I can pick up the PS3 version if it turns out it does perform better), and I don't want to do that again through Best Buy if I don't have to.

Im getting it for the 360 myself.

I always buy Multiplayer Games, and RPG's/Other niche games on the PS3

And Single Player games and Downloadable games on 360

(Well, excluding the stuff i find super cheap/clearance etc)

[quote name='trabbahabba']Has anyone taken this up? I don't see the gift card being added to my order when I add it to the cart.[/QUOTE]
you can add it manually and it shows up at $0.00

"Please note: If you pre-ordered the game prior to May 12, you will receive a $15 digital coupon via e-mail."

Also "Plus, while supplies last, each store will be giving away free Coke products, a download code for an in-game "Nicholson Electroplating" case, and more."

[quote name='dgwillia006']Im getting it for the 360 myself.

I always buy Multiplayer Games, and RPG's/Other niche games on the PS3

And Single Player games and Downloadable games on 360

(Well, excluding the stuff i find super cheap/clearance etc)[/QUOTE]

You should really be doing that the other way around! #-o

bread's done
Back