L.A. Noire w/ $15 Gift Card at Best Buy + 500 Bonus Points (YMMV $48.99 PM see OP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Best Buy has PMed TRU's offer of a $15 gift card with purchase of L.A. Noire

Edit: You also get 500 RZ Points if you pre-order which amounts to another $10 certificate. Thanks Defendthestar31 for the reminder!

Edit 2: [quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE] You can try to use this to get a PM in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaosLaw']This has been demonstrated time and time again to be false. Multi-plat games look better on the Xbox 360 almost every time.[/QUOTE]
The blu ray thing is bs yeah but LA Noire specifically is being ported from PS3 to Xbox so theres a good chance that wont hold true for this. I'd definitely go with the PS3 version from the info given so far.

Will my store still get the 16 DLC codes for that midnight giveaway even if my store isn't doing a midnight opening? I think I saw someone saying they will.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The blu ray thing is bs yeah but LA Noire specifically is being ported from PS3 to Xbox so theres a good chance that wont hold true for this. I'd definitely go with the PS3 version from the info given so far.[/QUOTE]

this

The best buy midnight release section won't load on my iPhone, can anyone please tell me if there's a midnight release in Florida, city- coral springs? I'm moving and don't have Internet hooked up. Should be the location on University Drive---thanks in advance!!

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Had 57 in BB credit....paid 7 out of pocket for LA Noire, 15 dollar gift card, 10 in RZ credit, plus I was only 3 away from another 5 points, so I'm looking at 30 BB credit coming back on a 60 dollar purchase :)

WIN[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to be a downer, but you might not get those 3 points you need. You paid $57 in credit on a $59.99 game, so you'll only get RZ credit for $2.99. You don't get credit for the tax and you may only be credited 2 points, since you were a penny short.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Had 57 in BB credit....paid 7 out of pocket for LA Noire, 15 dollar gift card, 10 in RZ credit, plus I was only 3 away from another 5 points, so I'm looking at 30 BB credit coming back on a 60 dollar purchase :)

WIN[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to be a downer, but you might not get those 3 points you need. You paid $57 in credit on a $59.99 game, so you'll only get RZ credit for $2.99. You don't get credit for the tax and you may only be credited 2 points, since it's a penny short.

[quote name='Defendthestar31']The best buy midnight release section won't load on my iPhone, can anyone please tell me if there's a midnight release in Florida, city- coral springs? I'm moving and don't have Internet hooked up. Should be the location on University Drive---thanks in advance!![/QUOTE]

Nice to see another CAG from Coral Springs :)

According to the site, there will indeed be a midnight release in the university store. That's usually the Best Buy that has all the midnight releases around the area.

[quote name='karatebear']Nice to see another CAG from Coral Springs :)

According to the site, there will indeed be a midnight release in the university store. That's usually the Best Buy that has all the midnight releases around the area.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sweet thanks, yea I'm moving back to coral springs from fort myers (college) on Sunday, thinking about going to the midnight release monday

Send me a friend request on xbox and ps3 if u want, my names are in my sig

My GC shipped.

[quote name='chuckywang']Will I still get the 500 point bonus if I pay for my LA Noire preorder all in gift cards?[/QUOTE]

According to people here, yes you will.

If I order online for in store pickup, can I price match another retailer if there's a price drop in the future?

[quote name='jaide']If I order online for in store pickup, can I price match another retailer if there's a price drop in the future?[/QUOTE]

yes, but keep your a record of your emailed receipt. the one you get from the store doesn't 'itemize' the items with a value..

The first 16 customers to buy L.A. Noire on X360 or PS3 at our MIDNIGHT OPENINGS will get a code to unlock the First DLC Pack, “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson Case, when it releases. (Minimum of 16 Xbox 360 and 16 PS3 codes per store. Offer good while supplies last. No rainchecks. See BestBuy.com/lanoire for more information.)

how does that work if you pre ordered for pickup?

[quote name='youenvy']i tend to get most of my single player games on ps3-I tend to think since it has bluray capability the games will look nicer-not sure if thats true, but that excuse gives my xbox a chance to rest since i do all my multi playing on that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']yeah that's the same thing I think.
Single player only would be OK for PS3 because the X take all the multiplayer games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChaosLaw']This has been demonstrated time and time again to be false. Multi-plat games look better on the Xbox 360 almost every time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']The blu ray thing is bs yeah but LA Noire specifically is being ported from PS3 to Xbox so theres a good chance that wont hold true for this. I'd definitely go with the PS3 version from the info given so far.[/QUOTE]
Was about to post that....if the buyer can wait for PSN to come back up and cares which was the leading console...PS3 would be the one to get.

Pre-ordered the PS3 version. I originally did the 360, but when I heard Rockstar flew out people to try the game and had them play it on the PS3 (even Xbox 360 fansite reviewers), I thought twice and changed it up. It's not like it has multiplayer anyways. Not to mention, the exclusive PS3 case. Might as well, even if I hate the PS3 control pad now.

[quote name='supaet']The first 16 customers to buy L.A. Noire on X360 or PS3 at our MIDNIGHT OPENINGS will get a code to unlock the First DLC Pack, “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson Case, when it releases. (Minimum of 16 Xbox 360 and 16 PS3 codes per store. Offer good while supplies last. No rainchecks. See BestBuy.com/lanoire for more information.)

how does that work if you pre ordered for pickup?[/QUOTE]

You would have to be at the midnight release to pick up the code when you pickup your game. Dotcom orders "should" be picked the day before, to let people that want in on the midnight release come in. You will know with the email saying your order is ready.

Or you can just show up at the midnight release, buy another copy, and return the dotcom order in a few hours.

Got my gift card "shipped" notice, too. Man, I hope I can get all this sorted at the store next Tuesday. I have $45 in RZ I forgot to use for my pre-order, and I'm really hoping that I can use the $15 gift card towards it, too. Plus, get the 500 bonus.

Amazon had a sweet pre-order deal on the guide a couple weeks ago, something like less than $12, so I jumped on that one, too.

[quote name='shieryda']Got my gift card "shipped" notice, too. Man, I hope I can get all this sorted at the store next Tuesday. I have $45 in RZ I forgot to use for my pre-order, and I'm really hoping that I can use the $15 gift card towards it, too. Plus, get the 500 bonus.

Amazon had a sweet pre-order deal on the guide a couple weeks ago, something like less than $12, so I jumped on that one, too.[/QUOTE]
During the portal deal I ended up getting the giftcard the following Thursday. You're probably out of luck spending it on the game; im sure the timing and method of shipping is by design.
Also, applying your RZ certs would mean returning and rebuying the item instore. Which would leave charged with a $15 gc via your online order, that u could use toward the purchase of the game. But you'd need to wait for that to arrive and return your unopened copy after u had all the certs and giftcards in your hand.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']had to cancel since I decided to get the ps3 version. but now the gc isn't showing up in the cart[/QUOTE]
Because it's limit 1. You have to either use a new acc I think, or go to the store.

[quote name='Fearia']Pre-ordered the PS3 version. I originally did the 360, but when I heard Rockstar flew out people to try the game and had them play it on the PS3 (even Xbox 360 fansite reviewers), I thought twice and changed it up. It's not like it has multiplayer anyways. Not to mention, the exclusive PS3 case. Might as well, even if I hate the PS3 control pad now.[/QUOTE]

That's because they used to be a PS3 developer and still has the demo equipment, it has nothing to do with the quality of the title. The 360 has PC like architecture, meaning that it is easy to port games to it.

It should look almost identical on both systems.

The 360 allows the game to be loaded onto the hard drive, rendering the blue ray advantage pointless. What ever system you like the controller better, should be your choice.

Hope that helps

[quote name='mr rico college']That's because they used to be a PS3 developer and still has the demo equipment, it has nothing to do with the quality of the title. The 360 has PC like architecture, meaning that it is easy to port games to it.

It should look almost identical on both systems.

The 360 allows the game to be loaded onto the hard drive, rendering the blue ray advantage pointless. What ever system you like the controller better, should be your choice.

Hope that helps[/QUOTE]

there is always exclusive dlc as well

[quote name='mgford11']During the portal deal I ended up getting the giftcard the following Thursday. You're probably out of luck spending it on the game; im sure the timing and method of shipping is by design.
Also, applying your RZ certs would mean returning and rebuying the item instore. Which would leave charged with a $15 gc via your online order, that u could use toward the purchase of the game. But you'd need to wait for that to arrive and return your unopened copy after u had all the certs and giftcards in your hand.[/QUOTE]

So, in the end, I'd still get everything I was aiming for, right? Seems like a lot of hassle, but I suppose it's worth it to get the game for app. $6 out of pocket.

[quote name='Pyramid Head']Hey, maybe I'm just clueless, but I don't see anything about that 500 RZ point bonus on the site? Is that over with?[/QUOTE]
Its listed on myrewardzone.com. The offer ends on release day.

Well, i pre-ordered instore today. Everything looks good on the receipt since it showed how many RZ Points i have.

I just dont trust the BB employee's here when it comes to a midnight release. Hell, i dont trust them at all after they screwed me out of 2 different Special Editions

[quote name='captainsmirk']Its listed on myrewardzone.com. The offer ends on release day.[/QUOTE]
Alright, I see it now. I'm sort of confused what to do though because it says the GC is online orders only, so I figured I'd just pre-order it online and do in-store pick up and pick it up at Midnight and get the content and the 500 points, but the guy made it sound like that they wouldn't be able to give me my copy at Midnight if I did that because I'd have to get it from the customer service counter folk and they wouldn't be there for a midnight launch or something. So... I don't know what to do! :whistle2:#

[quote name='captainsmirk']Its listed on myrewardzone.com. The offer ends on release day.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the 500 points offer ends the day before release on Monday:
Here's your chance to grab an easy 500 bonus points – good for a $10 discount certificate – by buying L.A. Noire before 5/16/11. Simply:

Pre-order the game for PS3 or Xbox 360 in store or online, anytime between now and 5/16/11.
For in-store pre-orders, pick up and purchase the game from 5/17/11–5/21/11.

Just wanted to ask if anyone could confirm that this is open to gamer club members only (the extra 500 points, that is). Since I am not one, the $15 BBY giftcard is the same discount as Amazon, without $5 in tax. Also, if the extra 500 points is valid for those of us beyond the scope of the gamer club, does any of this still apply if I pre-order in store? I ask because I have about $10 in store credit (return without receipt) as well as a $25 traditional giftcard, id really like to make this pretty much free ($60-($25 in Promo GC and RZ Points)= $35, - (Giftcard+Store Credit)= Free) except the store credit cannot be used online.
Thanks!

The gamer points and the regular points are seperate as it's like 500 points for 10 bucks of regular merch and 150 points in game purchases gives you a bonus 500 regular points for a 10 dollar gc. It is free to sign up, just go to the site, log in and go to the gamers club and join.

edit, my fault

I really can't decide if I want this game on release day from Amazon. $15 credit plus a DLC suit that is probably worth $10 on eBay, but I don't think this game has multiplayer of any kind so.. I think it might drop in price fairly quickly. I loved RDR and GTA IV though.

[quote name='rpghope18']I was looking at that earlier and only one close is the South County store. I want to preorder at Manchester since it takes 5 minutes to get there. Missouri only has 3 listed sadly. Kind of wonder if the other places will do one if they get enough preorders. I know the Manchester one has done that before, but don't know if they will have the case.[/QUOTE]

BB is VERY stingy when it comes to midnight releases. Generally the South County store is the only one that gets them, sometimes Manchester (since it's new and large) and/or Saint Peters Mall will get one for the "big" games (read CoD, Madden, Halo, Gears.)

Lots of times, even the ones listed don't end up doing them, I've heard horror stories on both hear and The Consumerist about it. Usually if SC is listed for us in the STL, they're doing it.

BB has NEVER added additional midnight openings after the initial announcement as long as I can remember in my time on CAG.

Sorry if this has been discussed...

I have two questions. First, if I preorder at the kiosk and pick-up my games in store will I only get a $10 GC because the $15 GC is an online only promotion (at least as it stands now)?

Second, I would like to preorder three copies. I noticed that they only allow you to add one free $15 GC online. Has anyone gotten multiples by doing three seperate orders? I think I did it this way for Portal 2 and Best Buy confirmed I'd be mailed two gift cards however as of today only two have arrived and the other is supposedly still in transit weeks later.

It used to be with the 500 point bonus, you could pre-order 3 PS3 and 3 Xbox 360 and get 3000 bonus points.

[quote name='Cheska19']LOL wow. So if you use a gift card to pay for some of the game you won't earn points? How lame.[/QUOTE]

You'll earn bonus points no matter how you pay.

You will not earn points for the part of your purchase that is paid by gift card. The person who bought the gift card got the points.

ex: you buy LA Noire for $60 but use a $20 gift card (or RZ cert) you get 40 regular points (instead of 60, since 20 were already gained from the person who bought the card initially,) 500 bonus points, and $40 toward your $150 for Gamers Club.

[quote name='GBAstar']I have two questions. First, if I preorder at the kiosk and pick-up my games in store will I only get a $10 GC because the $15 GC is an online only promotion (at least as it stands now)?
Second, I would like to preorder three copies. I noticed that they only allow you to add one free $15 GC online. Has anyone gotten multiples by doing three seperate orders? I think I did it this way for Portal 2 and Best Buy confirmed I'd be mailed two gift cards however as of today only two have arrived and the other is supposedly still in transit weeks later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xzagl']It used to be with the 500 point bonus, you could pre-order 3 PS3 and 3 Xbox 360 and get 3000 bonus points.[/QUOTE]

there's 2 ways to get the $15 gc, BB B&M will pm BB.com if they deal is active when you p/u the game or just pm TRU's $15 gc & they'll increase it by $5 that's what I'm doing. Would rather them not offer a gc at all so I could get it for $45 day 1 but I'll just pm on the back end like usual.

They've fixed the system a while ago it's a pre-order/purchase to get the 500 bonus points. So you can do it with up to 3 games & get 1500 bonus points. You would also get 3 $10 or $15 gc's too.
I did this with Reach got 3 games,
$180 tax ($120 after pm)
$60 in BB gc
$30 in RZ certs
plus $120 out of $150 spent on gaming

So if I pre-order online (I'm not close to a Best Buy) and the price drops in 30 days or another store has it for less in 30 days, will I still be able to PM?

[quote name='Defendthestar31']The best buy midnight release section won't load on my iPhone, can anyone please tell me if there's a midnight release in Florida, city- coral springs? I'm moving and don't have Internet hooked up. Should be the location on University Drive---thanks in advance!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='karatebear']Nice to see another CAG from Coral Springs :)

According to the site, there will indeed be a midnight release in the university store. That's usually the Best Buy that has all the midnight releases around the area.[/QUOTE]

Heh, had no idea there were this many Coral Springs people here. I recently moved here from LA...see you guys at the midnight release!

[quote name='prateeko']So if I pre-order online (I'm not close to a Best Buy) and the price drops in 30 days or another store has it for less in 30 days, will I still be able to PM?[/QUOTE]

Yes

Does anyone know or care to speculate on whether BB's exclusive preorder suit dlc will be included in the game (ala Sub Zero MK) or something you'll get along with it (ie a standalone card...)?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It will most likely be in the game.[/QUOTE]

This kinda worries me; usually when a title has retailer exclusive DLC, it makes it impossible to trade back into Amazon due to it having its own SKU.

[quote name='roland13x']Heh, had no idea there were this many Coral Springs people here. I recently moved here from LA...see you guys at the midnight release![/QUOTE]

I thinks it's safe to say Coral Springs FTW

bread's done
Back