L.A. Noire w/ $15 Gift Card at Best Buy + 500 Bonus Points (YMMV $48.99 PM see OP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Best Buy has PMed TRU's offer of a $15 gift card with purchase of L.A. Noire

Edit: You also get 500 RZ Points if you pre-order which amounts to another $10 certificate. Thanks Defendthestar31 for the reminder!

Edit 2: [quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE] You can try to use this to get a PM in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']People need to stop posting false information. The deal is alive and is still mentioned in the same place it's always been...the Rewards Zone site. The deal expires 5/21.[/QUOTE]

I found it on the RZ site, thanks. Very bizarre it's not on BB's actual site with the game...

Also, it says, "Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional gift card offers;"

We'll see, I suppose!

Well thats wierd. My Portal 2 points finally posted, but for some reason the 503 points arent added to my total. (I had 630 something points before AND afterward)

Just found out that even though the store 5 minutes from my house isn't doing the midnight opening, there is one that's only 15-20 minutes away that is. So I think I might go and try to get this deal. But I'm noticing that the paper Ad says we only get a $10GC, but the website still lists $15GC. I don't want to hassle them at midnight asking for a price adjust, as I'm sure we will all just want to be out of there as fast as possible. So what do you think is the best way to approach this? I think these are my options:

1.) Walking into BB after work, and physically pre-ordering there, having them match the website deal, and then driving back at midnight. Would like to avoid two trips in one day.

2.) Just pre-ordering it on the website and crossing my fingers that I get my confirmation email that it's ready to PU at midnight. Even if I don't get my email, what are my chances that I could just go ahead and do this?

3.) Forgot the whole thing, and just go to the store at midnight and forego the extra $5 I would have gotten from the website.

Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks!

[quote name='mkm1998']Just found out that even though the store 5 minutes from my house isn't doing the midnight opening, there is one that's only 15-20 minutes away that is. So I think I might go and try to get this deal. But I'm noticing that the paper Ad says we only get a $10GC, but the website still lists $15GC. I don't want to hassle them at midnight asking for a price adjust, as I'm sure we will all just want to be out of there as fast as possible. So what do you think is the best way to approach this? I think these are my options:

1.) Walking into BB after work, and physically pre-ordering there, having them match the website deal, and then driving back at midnight. Would like to avoid two trips in one day.

2.) Just pre-ordering it on the website and crossing my fingers that I get my confirmation email that it's ready to PU at midnight. Even if I don't get my email, what are my chances that I could just go ahead and do this?

3.) Forgot the whole thing, and just go to the store at midnight and forego the extra $5 I would have gotten from the website.

Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I say option 2. Just order it online, have them ship the gift card to you. You should get the email saying your order will be ready for pickup tomorrow, but since it's available at midnight that counts as tomorrow. I ordered for in-store pickup yesterday and I already got the email saying it will be ready during business hours tomorrow.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I say option 2. Just order it online, have them ship the gift card to you. You should get the email saying your order will be ready for pickup tomorrow, but since it's available at midnight that counts as tomorrow. I ordered for in-store pickup yesterday and I already got the email saying it will be ready during business hours tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Went ahead and placed my order. Got my order confirmation email at 8.24am, and at 8.34am I got an email stating my item would be available for pick up on Tuesday!

I'll give you guys a tip. Just because your local location isn't listed on the bestbuy.com/lanoire website, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't having a midnight opening. The store I'm going to isn't listed on that page, but when you go to store locator and check under events for this location, it lists the midnight opening.

So I think more store than that main link says may be participating. Good luck! Hope I'm one of the first 16 for the PS3 version!

For yet another DLC, when you join Rockstar Games Social Club, you gain access to another suit called the "Chicago Lightning Suit".

Only Social Club members will gain access to the unlockable Chicago Lightning Suit - a stylish, exclusive outfit that enhances Cole Phelps' accuracy when using a shotgun or machine gun. Players connected online will also be able to access the Social Club "Ask the Community" feature to consult the community for aid in finding the truth. And the Social Club website will offer players a wealth of robust game progress stat tracking and friend comparison features that members have come to expect, including enhanced versions of the checklists that everyone loved with Red Dead Redemption.
Of course it's free as well. You have to link up your Gamertag and PSN account at some point after you sign up.

Reviews are up for L.A. Noire!

Review Roundup - http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/929170-la-noire/index.html

Giant Bomb's Review

From the review (and pretty much found in every other review):

"Having spent a lot of time with both versions of L.A. Noire, the PlayStation 3 game is the clear-cut winner. Both versions of the game look fantastic, but there were a few instances of painful frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3. Also, the shadows look a bit more jagged. This is splitting hairs since, both games look good enough that you should just get the one on the platform you prefer, though the PS3 also has the added benefit of being on a single disc to the Xbox's three, and includes an exclusive downloadable case."

This game seems to be getting very positive reviews. Here's to tomorrow!

I was on the fence about this game, but with these awesome reviews and this sweet deal at best buy, I am in. Thx OP. And thx for the review links.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Reviews are up for L.A. Noire!

Review Roundup - http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/929170-la-noire/index.html

Giant Bomb's Review

From the review (and pretty much found in every other review):

"Having spent a lot of time with both versions of L.A. Noire, the PlayStation 3 game is the clear-cut winner. Both versions of the game look fantastic, but there were a few instances of painful frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3. Also, the shadows look a bit more jagged. This is splitting hairs since, both games look good enough that you should just get the one on the platform you prefer, though the PS3 also has the added benefit of being on a single disc to the Xbox's three, and includes an exclusive downloadable case."

This game seems to be getting very positive reviews. Here's to tomorrow![/QUOTE]

That reviewer at Giant Bomb needs to get off Rockstars nuts. He made no mention of Team Bondi.

Hi all. Glad to hear we have a few hours left on this deal before it ends.

Have you heard anything as to the differences in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions? More/Less loading times, textures, pop-ins, etc...

I usually buy multi-platform releases for the 360 - most of my old buddies are Microsoft fans - but this game has a few reasons to get the PS3 version instead:
* PS3 was supposedly the "lead" platform during development
* PS3 has one disc, the 360 has three discs.
* PS3 has exclusive content, albeit apparently brief

Just wondering what you've heard, which version others plan to buy, etc.

Thanks.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']anyone know if you can still preorder at BB like you can at gamestop on the day before the release? i want that sharpshooter DLC!![/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. I just (pre)ordered the PS3 version online and though it made no mention of the DLC in the order email, it was certainly on the product description. as some others have speculated - they might just be throwing in cards wily-nilly at launch.

I've "tried it out" on the Xbox 360 and a few cases of video stuttering breaking the lip sync kinda ruins the otherwise amazing facial animation.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Hi all. Glad to hear we have a few hours left on this deal before it ends.

Have you heard anything as to the differences in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions? More/Less loading times, textures, pop-ins, etc...

I usually buy multi-platform releases for the 360 - most of my old buddies are Microsoft fans - but this game has a few reasons to get the PS3 version instead:
* PS3 was supposedly the "lead" platform during development
* PS3 has one disc, the 360 has three discs.
* PS3 has exclusive content, albeit apparently brief

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

From the Giant Bomb review, (and pretty much all other reviews): "Both versions of the game look fantastic, but there were a few instances of painful frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3. Also, the shadows look a bit more jagged on 360."

Do you guys think it will be worth getting this game at midnight opening release? I would love to get the extra DLC code, but I don't want to waste gas going to BB only to find out that there are already kids lined up 2+ hours to get the game/DLC. I already got my confirmation e-mail that it's ready for pick up Tuesday, May 17.

Do they hand the code outside the store, or whoever purchased the first 16? What time do you guys recommend going to the store to line up for it? I've never went to a midnight release before.

How exactly does the In Store Pick-Up system work at Best Buy? What do I really need to bring? It says you can have someone else pick it up for you, but do they need my credit card?

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']anyone know if you can still preorder at BB like you can at gamestop on the day before the release? i want that sharpshooter DLC!![/QUOTE]

I tried to pre-order in store yesterday and it was unavailable. A few posts back someone said it stops Saturday before release in store.

Interesting note. You can exchange day 1 without losing GC + bonus points the different versions. IE: PS3 for 360 and vice versa.

I just confirmed this by calling both the store, and the 888 number. They stated there should be no issue, as long as it's done as an exchange. I'm assuming the bonus content for pre-ordering will be there, and if it's not, it'd be easy to get from a CS rep over the phone.

Win. :)

[quote name='KratosKilla']How exactly does the In Store Pick-Up system work at Best Buy? What do I really need to bring? It says you can have someone else pick it up for you, but do they need my credit card?[/QUOTE]

From Best Buy support:

Bring to the Store:

1. Your government-issued photo ID
  2. The credit card used for the purchase (if you used one)
  3. Your order number (for a speedier process)
More Info

• If you used PayPal or only a gift card or Pitch In Card for your purchase, just bring your ID and order number.
  • If you used a new Best Buy credit card that you have not yet received in the mail, just bring your ID and order number. Tell the store associate that you're waiting to receive your new Best Buy credit card.
  • Virtual and one-time-use credit cards cannot be used for Store Pickup.
  • Some stores have reserved parking spaces for Store Pickup customers.

As far as SOP for midnight releases - it surely depends on your area. I've not been to one in years, and this is an oddball - a relatively niche game with a HUGE marketing campaign. So who knows. That being said, I'm going to be heading to the West Hollywood Best Buy no more than half an hour ahead of time. Looking for advice from any fellow LA-ers.

You do not have to preorder to receive the "bonus" retailer specific items. These items will be packaged in the game box from the factory and will come with every copy of the game, depending where you buy.

Hey everyone wondering about the Sharpshooter DLC, i did some digging on the BB.com site, and it says that the code will be packed in with the game. I imagine it will be much like their first run versions of Mortal Kombat, with the Sub Zero code thrown in there in front of the manual.

Even if you don't preorder, if you don't have many preorders at your store, you might be able to score a DLC-laced copy right off of the shelf. One of my BB's must have had NO preorders for MK on the 360, because they had at least 10 copies with the DLC on the shelf for weeks....well, not anymore. :)

[quote name='Optical']So to get the bonus reward points, do you just have to preorder it?[/QUOTE]

As long as you preorder it with your connected Reward Zone account with Gamer's Club, yes.

[quote name='Optical']So to get the bonus reward points, do you just have to preorder it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xxjonoxx']As long as you preorder it with your connected Reward Zone account with Gamer's Club, yes.[/QUOTE]

The bonus point offer is good all week. It expires 5/21 (Sat.).

[quote name='dino88']The bonus point offer is good all week. It expires 5/21 (Sat.).[/QUOTE]

I think the 5/21 expiration is when you have to pick it up if you pre-ordered for pickup online. The points are for pre-ordering.

Been wondering, lets say I happen to luck out and that only a few people went to the Midnight Launch near my area. Could they possibly give (with whatever is left of) the “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson Case DLC codes out first thing in the morning when they open to those who pick up the game early? I'm not sure I want to drive 30 minutes just to get to the only Best Buy in town doing a Midnight Launch.

[quote name='jaide']I think the 5/21 expiration is when you have to pick it up if you pre-ordered for pickup online. The points are for pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. I just went back and read it. It's a bit misleading when it has "Expires 5/21" in boldface.

Reviews got me off the fence; just pre-ordered for instore pickup... anyone with experience for BB midnight deals know if I should be able to go in tonight and get my copy, or if I really have to wait for confirmation email?

[quote name='jaide']I think the 5/21 expiration is when you have to pick it up if you pre-ordered for pickup online. The points are for pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

Sat. expiration for pick-up? Damn, I thought I would have 8 days from tomorrow, like always for in-store pick-up.

[quote name='Dranakin']Sat. expiration for pick-up? Damn, I thought I would have 8 days from tomorrow, like always for in-store pick-up.[/QUOTE]

I guess not if you want the 500 bonus points. Doesn't make a lot of sense considering you can pre-order online all the way up to release. The date is actually a week after in store pre-ordering ends.

Haha, well, I’m gonna have to give it a shot by asking a friend to pick up it for me. It’ll be funny explaining that I’m a cheap gamer and why they have to do it before Sat.

[quote name='fuze9']Aww man, what's this "Gamer's Club" membership? I didn't sign up before pre-ordering and the link for it (https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/gamersclub/) says Access Denied. Fail.[/QUOTE]

on the reward page Tab "Get Earning-->Offers and promotions-->Page 3 Click on Gamer's Club"

You can get started there....pretty dumb they don't automatically add in the gamer's club to your regular reward's account. /boggle

[quote name='Kyoz']on the reward page Tab "Get Earning-->Offers and promotions-->Page 3 Click on Gamer's Club"

You can get started there....pretty dumb they don't automatically add in the gamer's club to your regular reward's account. /boggle[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much. (Now that I've signed up, the link finally works and shows that I'm enrolled.) Here's hoping the purchase will show up within a few days.

I ordered mine during the price mistake... but forgot to check if my Rewards account was linked... It wasn't. I called today and got them to link it. They didn't seem to worried about it. The operator said if I didn't get the preorder points in 4 weeks, to call and they would add them immediately... I guess I should do a screen cap of the offer, just in case...

So, where it says game must be pre-ordered BY 05/16, does that include ON 05/16...so if I order it right now will I get the points?

Edit: Giving it a go; just completed my "pre-order" for in store pickup for tomorrow. So, we'll see. I usually go Amazon, but we'll see how this goes. A $15 GC plus points for another $10 will help offset the cost of Infamous 2 next month. :>

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this game on best buy a hour ago and selected to do a in-store pickup for a store that is having a midnight release. I have my order number so will I be able to pick it up tonight? I don't want to drive out there for them to tell me I have to wait until the next day because I did not preorder it in time!

Looks like Best Buy is getting my money this time. Amazon does 99% of the time, but seeing as gohastings decided not to honor their pricing error, I didn't get my order in from AZ in time. I want to play this tomorrow, I have a busy weekend ahead starting Thursday.

[quote name='COODA I']I bought this game on best buy a hour ago and selected to do a in-store pickup for a store that is having a midnight release. I have my order number so will I be able to pick it up tonight? I don't want to drive out there for them to tell me I have to wait until the next day because I did not preorder it in time![/QUOTE]

I preordered earlier today and got a "your order will be ready for pickup on May 17" email less than an hour later... keep an eye on your inbox. Not sure even that guarantees anything, but at 12:01 AM, it'll be my pickup date, soooo... ;)

Also went with this deal, i had $20 in rewards coupons and the $15 gift card made it worth it. I did the pre-order online but dont know if it linked my Gamer Rewards with it. Im going to check into that.

[quote name='Retro Legends']Also went with this deal, i had $20 in rewards coupons and the $15 gift card made it worth it. I did the pre-order online but dont know if it linked my Gamer Rewards with it. Im going to check into that.[/QUOTE]

If you wait about 5 days after you walk out of the door with your game, you can enter the transaction manually on the RZ site and it will apply the points normally. Just give the transaction time to populate into their db before u attempt to redeem it online.

I am planning on going the midnight release tonight and want to get the DLC. I have never been to a midnight release before, but I am wondering what time some of you think would be to get there since the DLC is only for the first 16 people for xbox and PS3.

Gonna head to the midnight release to pick up my copy tonight. If anyone else here is going to the Chesterfield, MI location I shall see you there. Hopefully I'm among the first 16 to grab a copy for PS3.

I have a bunch of credit from trade ins, I did in store pick up for tomorrow. Dunno if I'll get the 500 points my account is linked but I couldn't find the promo on their site. When did/does it expire?

I think I'm going to try to do my pick-up tonight at midnight for the extra DLC, but I wanted to call the store to confirm the midnight opening since some people have had bad luck with it. Unfortunately, they apparently don't answer the phone at that store. (Gurnee, IL)

[quote name='texasnightowl']So, where it says game must be pre-ordered BY 05/16, does that include ON 05/16...so if I order it right now will I get the points?[/QUOTE]
midnight launch not withstanding, you have up until the end of the day(Monday) to pre-order & still get the $10 pre-order bonus. If your doing it in-store I've waited till 5 minutes before the store closed & got a pre-order but this was before the kiosks. Worse case scenario get the pre-order sku online the cashier can type it in manually and get it that way. Online you have up until midnight.

bread's done
Back