L4D - The Sacrifice by Oct 5 1&2 - Gen. Discussion & Info -

[quote name='HydroX']Finally got around to mopping the floor with the Versus community and got my Ellis/Bullshifters shirt. Woot.

Now onto Scavenge mode...[/QUOTE]

dammit, if i'd been available the past week i would've loved to have helped because i already have the scavenge mode shit. oh well, i'll still help you with that, because scavenge mode is the TITS

[quote name='chimpster1313']dammit, if i'd been available the past week i would've loved to have helped because i already have the scavenge mode shit. oh well, i'll still help you with that, because scavenge mode is the TITS[/QUOTE]

I sent a friend request. I should be on either late tonight (like 2am EST) or tomorrow in prime time. (8pm onward)

Just got the game recently. If anyone wants to play sometime feel free to add me. Just mention your from CAG.

is anyone else having crappy server problems like almost every match????

[quote name='draven1089']Still looking for some expert players. I'd love to wrap that up. BTW why is the l4d2 community so dead already.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because so many moved on to CoD:MW 2.

Dunno about that isn't Left 4 Dead 2 set to outpace the first in sales?
I think many are distracted by MW2, but in the long run more will go to it.
Same with Forza 3.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Dunno about that isn't Left 4 Dead 2 set to outpace the first in sales?
I think many are distracted by MW2, but in the long run more will go to it.
Same with Forza 3.[/QUOTE]
I'd have to agree with this.
Personally I like L4D2 more then MW2. MW2 is alright, but meh, not really my thing.
I'd be up for playing some L4D2 sometime, i'm not TOO good though, but I usually don't try to go at it alone... nor do I shoot my team mates on purpose. :whistle2:#

As of right now I cannot find ANYONE online with L4D2

I mean nobody...not versus, survivial..noobody!!!!

And I'm 500 miles from my home so I know it's nothing on my side

Anyone else experiencing this???

I just got L4D2 today and I need some CAGs to play with... I tried playing with randoms today and it was a terrible experience. This game needs to be played with people who aren't asshats. Please send me a FR if you're interested in campaign, survival, versus, whatever.

I'll throw my gamertag out "Norfair". Can't guarantee I'll have a good connection if I play, since I am currently at my parents house and their internet connection is awful.

New to the board, but definitely love me some L4D2. :) Brand new gt, theAlcapown. Send me a request, I'd love to attempt expert, and all the other game modes as well. And I definitely understand the components to this game, and will make a great teammate. :) Happy new years!

With ME2 and BO2 less than a few weeks away I figure this is my best chance at getting a few Expert campaigns done before I re-shelve the game for a few months so I'm looking for a team to roll with either tonight or later this week. If you're interested send me a FR or message. Just let me know you're from CAG so you don't get ignored. Thanks.

I have L4D2 and would love to play versus and survival to get the achievements. I'm usually on for hours a night or so. Please feel free to friend request me! Just let me know you're from CAG.

Xbox live tag : Typical Knave

i've been playing online with a lot of randoms lately, but i've been getting good teams pretty easily. i don't know if the initial wave of fuck-tards is gone now and all that's left are actual decent players and people that just got the game, but i find the idiot level about half of what it was even a month ago.

I'm still looking for at least two willing participants for Expert & Exp Realism. I have a pretty reliable friend that's down to play between classes (we've been raping lately in Versus) but we can't get anywhere even with decent randoms when they're spent after 5+ attempts.

I'm also looking to wrap up a few remaining Gnome & Avatar Award achievements before the end of the week as well.

speaking of expert and how much i fucking hate it, last night i was playing with 3 other perfectly competent randoms (again, it's beautiful) on dead center and we breezed through the first 2 levels (other than a crazy random run in with a tank), but we could not get past the mall. awful.

I'm up for playing at night on the weekends. I have both of you still on my friends list (badkins1980) just shoot me a message and let me know when you wanna do this

I'm up for some Expert / Expert Realism. I love Realism mode but every time I join a random game it's with some fucktards that just hide in the safe room.

i cannot win in expert. fucking pissed. today tried swamp fever, and after barely getting to the finale, when we finally did, we couldn't stay alive at all. GOD. DAMMIT.

Was on last night playing scavenge til around 3 am, I added most of the more recent posters on here and mentioned I was from CAG. I still need the expert/expert realism achievements as well as some random versus/scavenge ones too. Hit me up! :)

I'll definitely be hitting you guys up on the weekend for a little Expert. Depending on the ol' 9 - 5 I should be available between 3 pm - 12 pm EST so if you see me online just send me a game invite. I'll show up. I also somehow managed to get Dead Center done with the Boomer Bile glitch last night so I'm hoping to bang out the rest before they patch it.

I've been neglecting this lately, all of my attention focused on ME1 and soon ME2. Hopefully I'll be playing it some more in the coming weeks.

[quote name='GamerLina']yea what is boomer bile glitch????[/QUOTE]

i googled it and found this. i assume this is it.

It really is only useful for realism expert and expert campaign. You just throw a boomerbile in safe room someone stays behind , don't kill any zombies while your in safe room nor while running as the horde is attracted to the person still in the safe room.

The 3 other members should have no common Zombies to kill. If you run into zombies either you killed some in safe room or outside as you were running after boomer bile was thrown inside the room.

This only works for human players will not work if you have bots.. Also works only on levels where you don't have 2 have all 4 players to proceed through the campaign. Like elevators, ect..

Is it my imagination, or did the teammate AI get severely nerfed? Twice in dark carnivals first section they have just stood there while a charger or smoker kills me, not even trying to fight it (hell, when the charger got me they weren't fighting anything, just stood there)

Don't remember anything like that happening in the first L4D.

[quote name='Kaoz']Is it my imagination, or did the teammate AI get severely nerfed? Twice in dark carnivals first section they have just stood there while a charger or smoker kills me, not even trying to fight it (hell, when the charger got me they weren't fighting anything, just stood there)

Don't remember anything like that happening in the first L4D.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what it is exactly, but the AI in L4D2 is definitely stupid or something. Never used to be a problem in the first game even playing by myself, and in this one they constantly do things that don't make any sense. Like waiting until a witch walks over to them and refusing to move.

There's also those lovely moments where a special infected has you, they'll be right there, yet make no effort to help until you're already incapacitated.

Just curious, did they end up patching the other glitch to go through on a lower difficulty and change it at the end? It was almost like the one from the first one where you could play on a low difficulty to the end of chapter 4 and had everyone quit to the main menu after they were in the safe room and rejoin.

Kind of hard to explain, but I got my expert and expert realism ones done this way. All I basically have left is multiplayer ones which I haven't really even attempted to work on. Hey Ink.So.Well., if you have Cleaner7 on your friends list still she may be able to explain it better since she hosted it for me. I am pretty sure I know how to do it myself, I just never had to host since she already had them all.

I'd be up for some co-op sometime. I prefer L4D2 and ODST over MW2, so much infact that I sold MW2 (GOOD RIDDANCE!)
Anyways PM me, if you want to get something going. I'm not THAT good (Haven't even tried expert yet), but get me the AK-47 and I'll hold my own for a bit. :)

i just wanna type that this game is the most frustrating game i've ever played online

why?

because its hard to get a game in without being interrupted by foolishness. on the first one, it seemed like everyone was grown and you could navigate through without bullshit and win and move on with your life

on this one, it's ran by children. expert is bananas and people quit all the time.

it's just deplorable.

Anyone still play this game?
I mean play this is either not a kid or not 100% hardcore and super serious?
Any casuals out there that try to have fun with this but also beat the levels at the same time working as a team?

Probably should have gone in this thread and added some people to play with. Gold expired yesterday and since L4D1/2 are the only games I play online (and none of my friends play it) I just decided to let it stay expired for the time being.

I'll probably renew it when the DLC comes out for this.

this game is frustrating

the first one = home of the guy who will take his time in campaign and save you without needing to be asked

this one = the 10 year old kid that plays on expert mode and doesn't realize in hard rain you don't use all the health packs in the safe room because you need them on your return trip

[quote name='strongpimphand']this game is frustrating

the first one = home of the guy who will take his time in campaign and save you without needing to be asked

this one = the 10 year old kid that plays on expert mode and doesn't realize in hard rain you don't use all the health packs in the safe room because you need them on your return trip[/QUOTE]

LOL- Have you encountered the "I'm going to beat the whole game alone, and blame everyone when I die" person?

But ya, its hard to find people that are actually team players and not lone wolves.

am playing between LFD2 and battlefield bc 2(when i start getting frustrated in either i change to the other)

Hey guys, I normally only use mics when playing with friends but would make an exception if anyone here would like to play with me sometime. Some info about me:

Huge fan of L4D1/2 and down to play either. I'm not a pro, but I'm also not an amateur. I'll gladly heal someone when they're running low and give up pain pills. I have no problems playing with people who aren't good and, in fact, will only get pissed if it seems like you're genuinely not trying. I don't want to play with anyone who takes the game too seriously (or too lightly by just tooling around all the time) or uses "f*g", "n*gger", "jew" or any other ethnic/orientation/religious specific curse words (I'm fine with casual swearing though ;) ) I'm 23 years old and would prefer to play with anyone who's at least 18 (in the few games i've had my mic on I've been dumped into games with 12 year olds who I have nothing in common with)

Jeez..it feels like I'm on a dating site, heh. Anyway, if you're cool with playing with the above type of person lemme know and I'll add you (or you can add me)!

Oh! And like IceBlue, I will shoot you sometimes but it'll be purely accidental.

bread's done
Back