L4D - The Sacrifice by Oct 5 1&2 - Gen. Discussion & Info -

[quote name='freshzen']Rochelle and Bill can both die cause nobody wants to play as either of them.[/QUOTE]

You're on crack. People love to play as Bill.

PILLS HERE!

How do game patches work do they get downloaded and applied automatically when you try to play the game on live? Or are you forced to patch even if your playing the game offline but your signed into live?

I'm asking because when I pick this game up I want to enjoy playing around with the glitches that I know have been patched. Is there any way to remove game patches from a system?

[quote name='HydroX']You're on crack. People love to play as Bill.

PILLS HERE![/QUOTE]
Whenever I play as Bill I always get mistaken for a zombie and shot at. So I'm fine with Bill dying.

2 Hours Later.......

The campaign is pretty fun. It's 3 levels, and the run to the safe room at the end of level 2 is going to be a SON OF A BITCH fuckING CUNT when trying to beat it on expert.

Also, the mutation that's up right now is Realism Versus. This is also pretty difficult, but I had a lot of fun with it, despite the epic lag that me and my teammates suffered throughout.

Finally, the one playthrough of the campaign that I did had
Bill
as the character who died. I think it changes every time, but just in case, I spoiler'd it. Have fun, all of you who plan to purchase it today. I had a lot of fun with it and I'll be revisiting it throughout the rest of the day.

I was kind of hoping that somebody at Microsoft would have dropped the ball and the DLC would be listed as free (or even cheaper). I'm just going to end up downloading this on my girlfriends system with my tag and hoping that we both will be able to use it. I've never tried that with DLC, so hopefully it works... because I don't want to spend fourteen dollars on new DLC.

[quote name='uglyteradon']I was kind of hoping that somebody at Microsoft would have dropped the ball and the DLC would be listed as free (or even cheaper). I'm just going to end up downloading this on my girlfriends system with my tag and hoping that we both will be able to use it. I've never tried that with DLC, so hopefully it works... because I don't want to spend fourteen dollars on new DLC.[/QUOTE]

holy crap The Passing DLC is $14?

I'll be on tonight(probably after 7PM EST) if anyone wants to get a game going .Anex if you're online let's give that realism versus a shot. :cool:

[quote name='xCappax']holy crap The Passing DLC is $14?

I'll be on tonight(probably after 7PM EST) if anyone wants to get a game going .Anex if you're online let's give that realism versus a shot. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I was saying that it would be twice as much if I was willing to buy it on my two consoles with both tags.

I've kind of fallen out of playing L4D2. This DLC has got me super pumped though! Looking forward to checking it out tonight!

[quote name='chimpster1313']
Bill
as the character who died. I think it changes every time, but just in case, I spoiler'd it. Have fun, all of you who plan to purchase it today. I had a lot of fun with it and I'll be revisiting it throughout the rest of the day.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it changes... I saw the same person as dead on a post on the Steam forums, with a screenshot.

It's no surprise that's who it is.

[quote name='uglyteradon']I was saying that it would be twice as much if I was willing to buy it on my two consoles with both tags.[/QUOTE]

ah yeah I see what you were trying to say makes sense.

[quote name='chimpster1313']2 Hours Later.......

The campaign is pretty fun. It's 3 levels, and the run to the safe room at the end of level 2 is going to be a SON OF A BITCH fuckING CUNT when trying to beat it on expert.

Also, the mutation that's up right now is Realism Versus. This is also pretty difficult, but I had a lot of fun with it, despite the epic lag that me and my teammates suffered throughout.

Bill
as the character who died. I think it changes every time, but just in case, I spoiler'd it. Have fun, all of you who plan to purchase it today. I had a lot of fun with it and I'll be revisiting it throughout the rest of the day.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if beating it on expert realism would trigger the achievement? It'd be nice to do a level that only has 3 parts.

[quote name='animalspinners']I don't think it changes... I saw the same person as dead on a post on the Steam forums, with a screenshot.

It's no surprise that's who it is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right, I'm pretty sure it doesn't change. Everyone over on the l4d2 forums are all saying it's the same person.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I wonder if beating it on expert realism would trigger the achievement? It'd be nice to do a level that only has 3 parts.[/QUOTE]
was wondering that myself tried to do it solo with AI and 2nd controller but AI just freezes when attacked by a large group of zombies they don't know what to do

also M60 glitch if you find a second one kill as many zombies as you can with the first pick up the second and continue to kill, achievement unlocked

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Just finished playing it.
I think I know who dies.... but I didn't actually see anyone... more like a lack of a certain someone...[/QUOTE]
you see its body when you go down the elevator it's slumped over in a pool of blood but the new survivors or the old don't acknowledge he's there its kinda of weird

[quote name='MSUHitman']Are there a bunch of gliches with this DLC or is it actually safe to download & play currently?[/QUOTE]

No big issues with the campaign. But I played a couple matches of scavenge and vs and the connection was horrible, as in everyone had a red connection except the host.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']No big issues with the campaign. But I played a couple matches of scavenge and vs and the connection was horrible, as in everyone had a red connection except the host.[/QUOTE]

JAYSUS BAGORRAH the lag was awful today. I managed to get in one game of scavenge that we suffered through. Had a few decent versus realism games, but lag would rear it's head throughout. I'm hoping that it calms down once people forget about L4D2 again.

[quote name='GUNNM']you see its body when you go down the elevator it's slumped over in a pool of blood but the new survivors or the old don't acknowledge he's there its kinda of weird[/QUOTE]
I'll have to look out for it next time I play.
Felt the campaign was a bit short and almost too easy on normal.
Might have to turn it up a notch...

I actually enjoyed this DLC quite a bit...
It wasn't TERRIBLY short (about an hour on advance mode with my roomate and 2 bots). The fallen seemed a bit too generous on the extra health packs.

Hilarious that my DLC from when I FIRST bought the game (the bat) is finally loading....so I had to buy something I guess for xbox to give it to me

pitiful!

I just got the game; I don't have the DLC, but if anyone wants to play the normal campaigns, shoot me a message (either on here or XBL) and we will kill some zombies

I can't play this realism versus anymore....

I'll play with a team with mics. And NOBODY wants to tell whats going on with them. And then they die. And then they get mad and act like you knew all along that they were smoked

That + 16 and under kids yapping in my ears during normal matches = lack of interest in this game now

[quote name='strongpimphand']I can't play this realism versus anymore....

I'll play with a team with mics. And NOBODY wants to tell whats going on with them. And then they die. And then they get mad and act like you knew all along that they were smoked

That + 16 and under kids yapping in my ears during normal matches = lack of interest in this game now[/QUOTE]
I hear ya dude.
It's partially why I don't bother playing w/ the headset (when it does work though)
I'm for playing though (can't guarantee my mic is gonna work though)

I'm trying to buy points for my buddy to get the DLC, but I'm up for some games when I'm online. I have L4D1 with all DLC, and L4D2 with all DLC so shoot me a friend request if you want to slay some zombies.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']When does the new mutation come out, does anyone know? I'd imagine every Thursday? (Since the new DLC came out on a Thursday, IIRC)[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's been confirmed as every Thursday.

bread's done
Back