L4D - The Sacrifice by Oct 5 1&2 - Gen. Discussion & Info -

[quote name='chimpster1313']Nice to see Valve has already completely fucked the regular Mutations updates in the ass.[/QUOTE]

????????? What do you mean???

[quote name='draven1089']????????? What do you mean???[/QUOTE]

The mutations that were part of the DLC. According to Valve, once a week there would be a new mutation. That once a week time was yesterday.

They update the blog regarding the new mutations Thursday, but they go live Friday. Anyways, I'm on now, will look for you guys after trying out the mutation.

[quote name='anteis24']They update the blog regarding the new mutations Thursday, but they go live Friday. Anyways, I'm on now, will look for you guys after trying out the mutation.[/QUOTE]

It's ok. I played it on easy on dead center with 3 randoms who actually tried, and we found it pretty difficult, actually. Not because of the bleeding out, but because there are a TON of random events added.

[quote name='chimpster1313']It's ok. I played it on easy on dead center with 3 randoms who actually tried, and we found it pretty difficult, actually. Not because of the bleeding out, but because there are a TON of random events added.[/QUOTE]

I found normal almost as difficult as expert. I played with anteis and 2 randoms and we only got about halfway through dark carnival on the first stage. My connection crapped out on me, but I finished it later on easy, it was easier but still tough lol

On top of bleeding to death (and moving slowly), it's pretty insane how there's literally incoming attacks every 20 seconds or so.

Yeah, I played the mutation as well with some pretty solid randoms last night. If you can make it to the final section you can actually get some health packs tossed at you from the other survivors, which helps out.

Played Bleed Out on Normal (The Passing), our first corner we turned a Tank spawned and wiped us all out with cars. After we respawned, we breezed through it. Found several health packs and it played like a normal campaign. We even fucked around after completing the finale by playing with the 2 Tanks that are on infinite repeat spawn, wasn't that hard -- I think it just depends on health replenishment placement according to the AI Director.

I almost through my damn system out the window fucking with that mutation

anyone want to play expert tonight? Anteis and I just finished dead center. I'm up for a different campaign or dead center again if anyone is on

[quote name='HydroX']Bleed Out needs to be a regular game mode. Hella chaotic, even on Easy setting.[/QUOTE]

I second this. I actually miss playing it now that it's gone.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I second this. I actually miss playing it now that it's gone.[/QUOTE]

I definitely miss playing it. I haven't played Follow the Liter yet but I'm guessing it's pretty lame being able to have only one gas can at a time.

[quote name='strongpimphand']it starts out with 1...and then 2...and then 3....[/QUOTE]
I just got done playing it and I never noticed 3. I just noticed it got from 1 to 2.

I'm on most every night and even if I'm playing something different/single player, I will always drop what I'm doing and play some L4D2 campaigns(experts preferred, still need that achievement) and Scavenge(either on Port or not, it's just a fun mode!) Add me and/or let me know if you ever need another player for anything!

Also, I'm pretty sure I read that Realism Versus was going to be coming back as a permanent mode.

Edit : Here we go. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/07/left-4-dead-2-gets-permanent-realism-vs-mode-new-weekly-mutatio/

[quote name='WTPolaris']I'm on most every night and even if I'm playing something different/single player, I will always drop what I'm doing and play some L4D2 campaigns(experts preferred, still need that achievement) and Scavenge(either on Port or not, it's just a fun mode!) Add me and/or let me know if you ever need another player for anything!

Also, I'm pretty sure I read that Realism Versus was going to be coming back as a permanent mode.

Edit : Here we go. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/07/left-4-dead-2-gets-permanent-realism-vs-mode-new-weekly-mutatio/[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat.
I need to get the achievements for the expert settings.
Would be nice to play with people that don't just run to the end like most of the randoms I end up playing with.

Quick question, has anyone done the "Wedding Crashers" achievement successfully? I've been having a lot of trouble triggering that one, a group of 4 tonight took turns waiting til someone had a charger and setting up in that area and even then with a direct charge nobody could seem to get the achievement to trigger. Anyone have any suggestions?

From the videos I've seen, people do it diagonally through the wedding chairs, not straight from the gazebo. I still don't have it myself yet, though.

Has anyone else been getting regular server disconnection errors near the end of games lately? Two nights in a row, I have a Versus Dark Carnival game disconnect right near the end (as we were about to win...).

So had anyone else tried the new mutation , Last Gnome on Earth? It's kinda fun , although it seems like it might be too easy to exploit the AI playing it.

To answer two posts...

Yes, it's been frustrating having a great game and losing connection. You could do a dedicated connection...but its easy to tell who does those (when you have 1 bar and everyone else except 1 person does too...)

And I've had some glitching where the gnome was lost and the whole level was fucked up. Like we left it on the first level dead center elevator and it didn't make the trip...so we had to start over.

Worst part so far - people who run through the game! sOOOOOOOOO pointless because if you're running through the level, and the gnome is behind you with someone else...what have you benefited???

[quote name='Callandor']Has anyone else been getting regular server disconnection errors near the end of games lately? Two nights in a row, I have a Versus Dark Carnival game disconnect right near the end (as we were about to win...).[/QUOTE]
Yep! My friends and I usually average about 3-6 server disconnects a day.

--------------

As for Last Gnome on Earth, it is probably my second favorite Mutation right behind Follow the Liter. I like staring into Chompski's eyes.

[quote name='strongpimphand']And I've had some glitching where the gnome was lost and the whole level was fucked up. Like we left it on the first level dead center elevator and it didn't make the trip...so we had to start over.

Worst part so far - people who run through the game! sOOOOOOOOO pointless because if you're running through the level, and the gnome is behind you with someone else...what have you benefited???[/QUOTE]

My brothers had the exact same thing happen to him in dead center.:lol:

The leroy technique actually can work pretty well as long as the person doing the running is also carrying chompski. Since the common zombies will all chase the gnome , everyone else just follow behind and protects the runner. Doesn't work all the time though , and tanks of course pose problems of their own.

As far as voting for a return mutation , I like LGoE , but it seems silly to do the same mutation 2 weeks in a row , I didn't like Follow the Liter , and since I never played Bleed Out and it's the only other one left I guess that's what I'm voting for.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']looks like we're having another week of the last gnome on earth -_-[/QUOTE]

Not a fan of this mutation, although I love the idea of after 3 mutations voting for the most fun one to come back for an encore. Now we just need to be able to choose a fun mutation for the encore.

Bump.

This week's mutation is Gib Fest. You play through the campaign with M-60s with unlimited ammo. Should make getting 10000 kills for the avatar award easier

hello boys and girls , Im playing l4d2 and hoping to find some online help to finish the campaigns on expert , my 360 handle randomhajile3rd thanks in advance :)

[quote name='spacegundam0079']hello boys and girls , Im playing l4d2 and hoping to find some online help to finish the campaigns on expert , my 360 handle randomhajile3rd thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE]

same here, i always get stuck with the worse players! Need some help getting through the campaigns
:bouncy:

Ya does anyone play this?
I'd be up for doing the expert achievements.
Even just playing vs. and scavenge for fun.
I hate playing w/ people that don't realize that its JUST a game...

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Ya does anyone play this?
I'd be up for doing the expert achievements.
Even just playing vs. and scavenge for fun.
I hate playing w/ people that don't realize that its JUST a game...[/QUOTE]

I haven't played in a long time, but I'd join you.

[quote name='reddjoey']Those trying to get expert should try the current mutation. I heard/read a few people saying it was easier.[/QUOTE]

That's how I've gotten every single expert campaign thus far, except for Hard Rain which I am totally convinced is impossible with this mutation. The finale on this mutation is by far the most challenged I've been by a game in years.

bread's done
Back