Last Minute Holiday Specials @ Mad Catz - B1G1 Rock Band, FightSticks + more

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I know I said that the last NEC XI promo was probably the last one... But why deny some people some last minute Holiday deals?

Enjoy.

Order Ground shipping end of day Dec.15
guaranteed to receive by Dec. 24th

Order 2 day shipping end of day Dec.20

Order overnight shipping end of day Dec.21

Worth noting, for the FightSticks... The Marvel VS Capcom TE FightStick for Xbox 360 is now included in the promo. Sorry no mix and match this time around.

[quote name='thelwig14']Have some class and please fix the Tritton headset picture when it is clearly not BOGO. Tact and sense would be nice.[/QUOTE]

It may not be the BOGO you want, but it is indeed BOGO.

[quote name='MarkMan']In addition to those savings, use special coupon code ” HOLIDAY ” (case sensitive) for an additional 10% off your purchase price and FREE FedEx Ground Shipping! Please note, this offer is only available to the continental United States.[/QUOTE]

nice to see holiday code working on the BOGO free

Ordered the keyboard combo for the 360. Not really all that satisfied with the build quality of my tournament edition, but I figured I would give them another shot. That said, if I pick this up 6 months later after 3 hours of total use and it is broken like my joystick I will make sure that others are aware of how shitty Mad Catz shit still is.

Edit: I retract my previous negative comment about my TE. The fix was so easy that I cannot complain any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SDC']It may not be the BOGO you want, but it is indeed BOGO.[/QUOTE]

If you can't see how the ad is intentionally misleading, then there is no point in discussing this further.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Ordered the keyboard combo for the 360. Not really all that satisfied with the build quality of my tournament edition, but I figured I would give them another shot. That said, if I pick this up 6 months later after 3 hours of total use and it is broken like my joystick I will make sure that others are aware of how shitty Mad Catz shit still is.[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting on my keyboard bundle from a couple days ago to finish processing. My MvC stick already shipped though.

[quote name='thelwig14']If you can't see how the ad is intentionally misleading, then there is no point in discussing this further.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely see, I just disagree that it is an issue. The Rock Band image is misleading in the same way, yet nobody seems to be complaining about it.

Well, this sucks. The MvC sticks shipped days ago, but the Keyboard bundle has been In Progress since the 15th. Only 4 days, I know, but I had ground shipping by the cutoff for Xmas deliveries. Xmas is only a week away now. Ground shipping takes a couple days...

:cry:

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Well, this sucks. The MvC sticks shipped days ago, but the Keyboard bundle has been In Progress since the 15th. Only 4 days, I know, but I had ground shipping by the cutoff for Xmas deliveries. Xmas is only a week away now. Ground shipping takes a couple days...

:cry:[/QUOTE]
You should call them to check in on it. My Mustang order was still at "In Progress" when it arrived.

[quote name='drock']You should call them to check in on it. My Mustang order was still at "In Progress" when it arrived.[/QUOTE]
I didn't see a number on their site, only a Contact Us with a spot to send them a message.
'Bout to head out though, so I'll dig around later and try to find one.

[quote name='Collectordragon']The MvC TE is like the original two SF4 sticks, right? How do those sticks differ from the SSF4 TE S?[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, the MvC buttons are oriented for MvC. So I believe the Trigger and Bumber buttons have to be manually changed in SFIV to match the TE sticks.

But that's about it. I just ordered them so I'll find out soon if that's true.

[quote name='CreepinDeth']From what I've heard, the MvC buttons are oriented for MvC. So I believe the Trigger and Bumber buttons have to be manually changed in SFIV to match the TE sticks.

But that's about it. I just ordered them so I'll find out soon if that's true.[/QUOTE]

I read the same thing. You can physically remap the buttons via connect/disconnect or just go into settings in ssf4 and change it to config 2.

I think the sticks are physically the same (button positions,distances) just mvc2 is mapped for mvc2 out of the box.

They are indeed mapped the same. The main differences are:

SSFIV TE "S" has the slim sides and full top artwork panel (except Chun-Li version which uses 3D Lenticular Art + bezel trim in white).

They have a slightly revised PCB that enables the lock function on not only the top turbo control module/guide buttons but also the Start & Select/Back buttons.

The Chun-Li PCB for PS3 is further revised as it is the first licensed Sony PS3 stick and now has player indicators and the PS family emblem in the home button jewel. It also has 'improved' compatibility for PC.

Virtually, gameplay wise. They are the same.

There are little tweaks here and there however.

If you get the exact items you order, it is a great deal. But I got 1 I ordered and 1 I did not. Been waiting more than 2 weeks for the correct item and still have not received it. Every time I call customer support, I have to wait more than 30 minutes just to talk to someone and then told the item will ship soon but no more than that. E-mail support is useless. They never reply. Wish I had not ordered from them at this point. Too much aggravation. TERRIBLE customer support!

[quote name='stikman']If you get the exact items you order, it is a great deal. But I got 1 I ordered and 1 I did not. Been waiting more than 2 weeks for the correct item and still have not received it. Every time I call customer support, I have to wait more than 30 minutes just to talk to someone and then told the item will ship soon but no more than that. E-mail support is useless. They never reply. Wish I had not ordered from them at this point. Too much aggravation. TERRIBLE customer support![/QUOTE]
Could I get that customer support number you've been calling please?

[quote name='stikman']
Customer Support
Telephone: 1(619) 683-2815
Toll Free: 1(800) 659-2287
Hours: 8am-12pm & 1pm-4pm PST Monday-Friday
E-Mail: [email protected] Or by Web form
[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much. After 15 minutes on hold though without talking to a live person, I hung up.

Just spent another 12 minutes on hold and I am now late to return from my lunch break.
fuck it. And wouldn't it figure that since the order is in progress, I am unable to cancel it?
Edit: 31 minutes on the phone on hold before it disconnected. All of you better hope you have no issues that you would need customer service for...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, went down to Fry's today to get lunch and try get the software department to let me rescue their old PS3 TE "S" demos for a reasonable price. In the end they wouldn't budge but instead showed me the Chun-Li TE S that they just got in. Picked them up after seeing how beautiful it is. Though at $175, I'm considering returning it and grabbing it off the Madcatz store with the FFH2010 code for $145 instead.

So my question is, if I were to place my order now with standard ground shipping, any chance I'll see it before the new years?

Hey Markman one of Sanwa joystick I ordered and installed onto my SE feels unresponsive. Is madcatz generally good with replacements/exchanges after RMAs are issued?

Just got my awesome-looking Fender Precision Bass. My only gripe thusfar is that it is Hot Rod Red. I was secretly hoping for Seafoam Green.

I just received mine and it was Seafoam Green. The guitar is built well but the tuning end of the guitar is pretty cheap. The fake tuning knobs will most likely break over time and where it connects the plastic spreads out a little and is not that great of a fit. The pro guitar has a much better build quality overall.

Hot Damn! That was a good deal on those PS3 TE sticks. I just put my order in. Thank you Markman, and thank you CAG.

I've been slacking on ordering the 360 Mustang Pro bundle, and it seems like it just went OOS again. Any chance supplies might get replenished within the remaining duration of the sale?

[quote name='MarkMan']In addition to those savings, use special coupon code ” HOLIDAY ” (case sensitive) for an additional 10% off your purchase price and FREE FedEx Ground Shipping! Please note, this offer is only available to the continental United States.[/QUOTE]

God damn you, MarkMan. You just HAD to sweeten the deal, didn't you!?

I bought the Rock Band guitar set for PS3. I'd rather play on the Squier (that way I can tell which strings I'm playing, by the width and weight of the strings), but $270 is just too much for a dying franchise.
Hopefully I get a Seafoam Green bass! :)

[quote name='SDC']I absolutely see, I just disagree that it is an issue. The Rock Band image is misleading in the same way, yet nobody seems to be complaining about it.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with your disagreement - I clicked on this thread thinking I could finally get a deal on the RB3 keyboard and then saw the B1G1 on MadCatz Rock Band stuff with the keyboard pictured. But no, apparently not...

Ah, I see - we get a stand with it. Tempting with the 10% off but still, I'm not sure...

B1G1 implies an equivalent product can be obtained though ;).

How long did it take for your RB items to get shipped? I ordered last Wednesday and it still says "In Progress"...I wanted these by this Friday! I might just have to call and cancel if they don't ship by tonight or tomorrow morning.

Looks like the Mustang Pro guitar bundles came back in stock. Ordered one of the 360 bundles and was still able to apply the "holiday" coupon code!

They messed up my original (xbox 360) order by sending the wrong color bass back in November, and when they sent the replacement (right before Christmas)...they sent the right color but for the PS3. Still waiting on the right color/right system item I ordered. Talk about a lack of quality control/customer service! I regret ordering from them.

UUuuugghh taxes ruin it on the tritton headset its about 13 dollars, its not worth it even with those crappy earbuds compared to amazon as it has free 2 day shipping and doesn't charge a sales tax. I also have a 25 dollar credit @ amazon.

bread's done
Back