LBP, Gran Turismo, NBA The Inside 10 (PSP) $10 at KMART YMMV

aleraiders

CAGiversary!
READ FIRST - regular games in the glass cases scan at full price (you need the generic upc/sticker on the back) people have posted price matching at another KMART, US only version, so good luck see pics below

ALSO NOTE - i was looking threw the games and saw that these games are translated in english and french but, there are still in region 1, so they should be playable, thats why there $9.99

i was told that PSP games are all playable, no matter what region, u can play japanese games on a US psp (vice versa)

People have reported seen these older games for $9.99

the con
hot shots golf
Loco Roco 2
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Secret Agent Clank
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
and other older titles

NEW TITLES

LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo
NBA THE Inside 10

as i dug more in the pile i kept finding newer and newer games

update - people have been reporting finding these deals across the country, but on the other note no dice for some, so its definently YMMV, or the pricing team hasnt got around to pricing these games yet

update #2 - KMART restocks these "9.99" games, so keep checking up in the electronics dept

- most people find them in green carboard clearance bins (some on a clearance shelf)
- the have a green sticker stating "9.99"
- on the back theres a generic upc/sticker covering the original upc

see pics (see below)

[quote name='j_mccarty5']store manager told me the games are special promo items sent to stores, hence the special upc stickers. once they are gone, they're gone. good luck! I was only able to get LBP. Awesome deal, so thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

im guessing the original upc will scan at full price, this is too good of a deal for other KMART's to match others stores prices, if u get a down to earth employee who cares about customer service maybe, but since these versions are english/french, they may or may not notice the difference

[quote name='neudog']Started this TL for those CAG's unable to score any at their K-Marts: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6621003#post6621003[/QUOTE]

please note, im not KMART shopper, my wife had to use the restroom and KMART was right there, lots of people and long lines, so this was shear luck, but i soon will start stalking KMART

[IMG-L=5806]10537[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10544[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=5806]10543[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10542[/IMG-C]

Last edited by a moderator:
checked my other 3 KMART's in my area, (concord, pleasant hill, fairfield, california) nothing, but the electronics employee at each store did tell me that they "did" have the games in stock, but they got snatched up quickly, no luck on price matching the US versions

The KM local to me had multiple copies of GT, Secret Agent Clank, and a few others, but no LBP or the sports titles...just other crap like The Con and what-not. I didn't bite. I don't know that I'd even bite at LBP. Too many games in the queue for me to open up and play right now.

My Kmart had sing star for ps3 and 1 Sing Star Volume 2 for PS3.. Both were 14.99 I was tempted to pick SS 2 up but ehh I decided not too. The only $10 PSP games they had were hot shots golf and the con. I asked the electronics manager about the other games he said he has not seen any of them for $10. So I am going to keep an eye out the next few days just in case.

My K-mart didn't even have any green bins. I saw LBP and GT behind the glass though, but didn't bother asking them to ring them up as there was a long line there.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']No go on any of these at the Roanoke VA store. Only PSP game I saw with the generic UPC was Agent Clank for 9.99.[/QUOTE]
Ah, fail. :( Thanks for saving me a trip into Roanoke to check though!

I checked the Fremont, OH store today hoping to find LBP. No luck.

I picked up the SingStar bundle for my nieces. They also had Secret Agent Clank, Harvest Moon Frantic Farming and a few $20 games that are always $20, but nothing else that stood out.

[quote name='ssjmichael']My K-mart didn't even have any green bins. I saw LBP and GT behind the glass though, but didn't bother asking them to ring them up as there was a long line there.[/QUOTE]

Since when does that happen @ a Kmart?

no luck, but I did swing by sears and saw they had the same bins with the same games, but instead of green they were blue.

so if ur at a kmart and there's a sears near by, go check em out.

I was under the impression this was a promo-type deal, with the LBP $10.00 games being sent to only Kmart? Can anyone confirm if Sears would have the same thing?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']no luck, but I did swing by sears and saw they had the same bins with the same games, but instead of green they were blue.

so if ur at a kmart and there's a sears near by, go check em out.[/QUOTE]

if nothing happens and running early.. will stop past a sears on the way home tonight and grab any extras i see and sell them here (think going rate is 15 or 16 (if you want DC)

dont hold your breath though cause they mostly cleared out their psp section at our sears last summer

[quote name='Morphx2']I bought LBP for $10 and flipped it at Walmart for a $40 giftcard :D[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on committing fraud. Your parents must be very proud.

[quote name='Morphx2']I bought LBP for $10 and flipped it at Walmart for a $40 giftcard :D[/QUOTE]

:shame:

I went to 3 Kmarts to find LBP :psp: because I actually want to, you know, play the game.

No luck, but I did score an NBA 10 :psp: for $10. Also saw Secret Agent Clank :psp: for $10, but passed on it. I also hit a Sears yesterday, and they did have a green dump bin w/ the green stickered games, but they were all older titles. The hunt continues. . .

Moron, go away back to SD/FW

the inevitable has been posted, i mean dam, cant people just buy games to play them anymore????, i feel bad when i flipping games that people might want to play, but dam, just buying games to commit return fraud, is just a slap in the face to the people who are actually reading this thread and searching various KMART's not finding anything

ps....i didnt expect walmart to take a english/french game

I actually got the last gran turismo at the Lombard, il store. Was not in the case but on the outside rack with all the 19.99 games, but no lbp to be found.

Checked two local K-Marts and found 1 LBP. Unfortunately, I need two (both of my sons want this individually for their PSPs). If I hadn't found any, I was going to do the buy two games get $20 GC at Best Buy. This still works out cheaper so thanks OP! Wish there were some other, closer K-Marts to check.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']A lot if it is a poorly run KMart. My local store sometimes has 1 register open, with 6+ people in line.[/QUOTE]

That must be the corporate policy, because the KMart around here is exactly like that. No matter how busy it gets, there is never more than two lanes open, and two is extremely, extremely rare.

[quote name='awp']If I hadn't found any, I was going to do the buy two games get $20 GC at Best Buy. This still works out cheaper so thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I must be living under a rock, but I can't find a reference to this deal anywhere. Could you help out a fellow CAG by referencing a link to this deal?

Well the only kmart by me did have the green bin but all the games in it were $19.99 not 9.99 and there was no lbp, gran turismo or nba the inside 10.

[quote name='hordak']I must be living under a rock, but I can't find a reference to this deal anywhere. Could you help out a fellow CAG by referencing a link to this deal?[/QUOTE]

That offer is in this week's BB flyer.

I got the only (or last) copy of LBP at my local K-mart. I didn't see GT or NBA, but I wasn't really looking for those. Singstar was tempting, as they had both 1 & 2. I'm getting LBP: Game of the Year edition for Christmas, so I think I might just trade it here or on Goozex.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

EDIT: Game already traded.

Kmart in Casper, WY

Went to Kmart on Saturday and found nothing. Went today found LBP, GT x2, and Secret Agent Clank x2 all for $9.99 each. :D

I couldn't believe the OP either. And it will only be those copies that have a generic bar code over top of the normal one that will ring up $9.99 for those that keep finding the $39.99 copies. It has to be one of their bargain games in the green stands. Wish I could find more!

I almost have to wonder if K-Mart did this as kind of an Easter Egg hunt. A game like LBP barely a month old and a best seller at that for $10 is very strange, but I like it!

[quote name='ScoJo']That offer is in this week's BB flyer.[/QUOTE]

Then I must be blind... didn't see it the first time around or in the weekly ads CAG posting. Will look again. Thanks!

[quote name='slidecage']if nothing happens and running early.. will stop past a sears on the way home tonight and grab any extras i see and sell them here (think going rate is 15 or 16 (if you want DC)

dont hold your breath though cause they mostly cleared out their psp section at our sears last summer[/QUOTE]

full price LBP no GT or NBA 2010 even at full price at sears

My apologies - I read awp's post and I confused my flyers. I was thinking of the deal in the TRU flyer. But as I check it tonight, I see that that deal is buy two, get $10 - buy three, get $20.

So I'm not even sure if I am thinking about the same deal as awp - maybe he can fill us in. Sorry for the confusion.

i think the deals is in TOYS R US flyer too bad online shipping kills it (plus can you get the deal online) i got a 20 off 50 amex coupon that has to be used online)

Found NBA 10 at the K-Mart at Taylorsville Road and Breckinridge Lane in Louisville and Little Big Planet buried at the bottom of a green box at Poplar Level at the Watterson Expressway. Score bitches!!

Weird deal. I would be interested in NBA Inside 10, Gran Turismo, Loco Roco 2, and Crisis Core; hopefully my local (VERY lightly trafficked KMart) has some of these. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back