LBP, Gran Turismo, NBA The Inside 10 (PSP) $10 at KMART YMMV

aleraiders

CAGiversary!
READ FIRST - regular games in the glass cases scan at full price (you need the generic upc/sticker on the back) people have posted price matching at another KMART, US only version, so good luck see pics below

ALSO NOTE - i was looking threw the games and saw that these games are translated in english and french but, there are still in region 1, so they should be playable, thats why there $9.99

i was told that PSP games are all playable, no matter what region, u can play japanese games on a US psp (vice versa)

People have reported seen these older games for $9.99

the con
hot shots golf
Loco Roco 2
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Secret Agent Clank
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
and other older titles

NEW TITLES

LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo
NBA THE Inside 10

as i dug more in the pile i kept finding newer and newer games

update - people have been reporting finding these deals across the country, but on the other note no dice for some, so its definently YMMV, or the pricing team hasnt got around to pricing these games yet

update #2 - KMART restocks these "9.99" games, so keep checking up in the electronics dept

- most people find them in green carboard clearance bins (some on a clearance shelf)
- the have a green sticker stating "9.99"
- on the back theres a generic upc/sticker covering the original upc

see pics (see below)

[quote name='j_mccarty5']store manager told me the games are special promo items sent to stores, hence the special upc stickers. once they are gone, they're gone. good luck! I was only able to get LBP. Awesome deal, so thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

im guessing the original upc will scan at full price, this is too good of a deal for other KMART's to match others stores prices, if u get a down to earth employee who cares about customer service maybe, but since these versions are english/french, they may or may not notice the difference

[quote name='neudog']Started this TL for those CAG's unable to score any at their K-Marts: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6621003#post6621003[/QUOTE]

please note, im not KMART shopper, my wife had to use the restroom and KMART was right there, lots of people and long lines, so this was shear luck, but i soon will start stalking KMART

[IMG-L=5806]10537[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10544[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=5806]10543[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10542[/IMG-C]

Last edited by a moderator:
This YMMV and others in thread may have tried it.

I found 1 Little Big Planet for 9.99 at my Kmart. I saw 5 more in the case.(marked 39.99 without the UPC sticker on back of course) I convinced some old lady employee to override the 39.99 ones in the case down to 9.99 to match the one with the big green sticker. I convinced her the games were the exact same game and she marked them down for me. I ended up buying 4 total for me and friends. Figured I got lucky with the employee so might as well buy a few.

Hey guys, I went Sunday to Kmart and they had none in the big green bin. Went this morning and nothing. On my zhu zhu hunt i decided to stop at kmart and wouldnt you know it, the big green bin had been refilled (or actually stocked). Inside was 1 LBP (bought, 2 GT (bought 1) and 1 nba whatever.

Can anyone else confirm jak & Daxter TLF being in there? I didn't see it and it seemed they just had filled the bin (as it was somewhat organized)

I was super lucky enough to find Gran Turismo for $10 on Saturday. Looked everywhere but only found 1 copy of this game and no others. The employees didn't seem to know much about the sale but it was a great find! Thanks!

I have struck out the last 2 days (sat/sun) The manager I spoke to said they never had any of those for $10 (they had some bad ones left but nothing good..) So if hes telling the truth and they never got any of them in I wonder if they would today or tomorrow.. Hrm. I am tempted to try rite now (its 5 mins away) Than check back one last time tomorrow before giving up. Does anyone know if they recieve the titles in marked like this already or if they do it theirself? Because there were a few games in the bin that just had 14.99 stickers on them sat and sunday they had the green ones on them.

On a side note assuming i dont luck out (good chance) I hope my cousin was able to come up with them. He lives by one thats 45 mins away from me.. He told me hed let me know sunday when he goes there, but I have not heard back from him since (I texted him a few times) So I am hoping he came up with LBP and NBA but is giving them to me for christmas.. (possible since we exchange every year..)

Lucked out and snagged a copy of Gran Turismo, the lovely $9.99 with French on the cover edition.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Hey guys, I went Sunday to Kmart and they had none in the big green bin. Went this morning and nothing. On my zhu zhu hunt i decided to stop at kmart and wouldnt you know it, the big green bin had been refilled (or actually stocked). Inside was 1 LBP (bought, 2 GT (bought 1) and 1 nba whatever.

Can anyone else confirm jak & Daxter TLF being in there? I didn't see it and it seemed they just had filled the bin (as it was somewhat organized)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing up how you went back today and they restocked. I struck out saturday and sunday but after reading your post I decided to check out my local Kmart and low & behold they did! I got 1 copy of Gran Turismo, 1 copy of NBA 10, and 2 copies of Agent Clank..

The one game I really wanted was Little Big planet but no go :( I talked to the sales guy and asked if they had anymore in back he told me he put out everything he got today. I asked about Little Big Planet and he said he had one copy earliar tonight but sold it (ugh since I was going to go in at 2 when I got out of class..) But ya he said they recieved a small shipment in today and that they may recieve more in over the next few days so I am going to keep a look out. He also would not price match any of the ones I had with the ones in the case (I wanted to get an extra copy of NBA and GT) he said its a special promo and they are not allowed to do it. So once again thanks for the idea of checking back yet again lol.. Hopefully I can luck into LBP soon :) With that being said for those who have yet to luck into anything good, keep checking ;)

I WAS TOLD THAT AN EMPLOYEE IN NAPERVILLE, il store purchased all the 10 dollar games. Hey he even got the employee discount...

If you take the UPC sticker off, the original UPC for these Canadian versions is the same as the US versions. Shouldn't be any problem trading these in to Gamestop or returning for anybody else who bought these games recently elsewhere.

I too am wondering if anyone can confirm Jak and Daxter: TLF. I was lucky enough to get a LBP, but I don't want to keep stopping in looking for something that won't ever be there. Thanks!

Picked up LBP and also Secret Agent Clank for PSP, also for $9.99. Add that title to the current list of (Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo, NBA10, and now Secret Agent Clank, all for PSP) I wish I could have found Gran Turismo but I guess the search will continue as some spots seem to be replenishing... I went to 5 stores in NJ. I dont even want Secret Agent Clank lol

Stopped by there on Sunday (The EB k-mart) and all they had was 1 GT. The only LBP was in the case unstickered.

[quote name='TopSpot123']I too am wondering if anyone can confirm Jak and Daxter: TLF. I was lucky enough to get a LBP, but I don't want to keep stopping in looking for something that won't ever be there. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ditto!

[quote name='180husher']If you take the UPC sticker off, the original UPC for these Canadian versions is the same as the US versions. Shouldn't be any problem trading these in to Gamestop or returning for anybody else who bought these games recently elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I am going to give Gran Turismo a test run for a few days and flip it to GS before Friday if I'm not feeling it. Last I saw the TIV was $13, and with Edge+the 30% coupon this week that comes out to about $18.20. Anyone have a TIV for LBP?

[quote name='gokuofheaven']dropped by on the way home from work yesterday and the one here in EB, NJ has nothing. Bin was full of jank.[/QUOTE]

The bin was full of junk at the one I went by yesterday as well. I know this is probably purely anecdotal, but, I did find Gran Turismo and Secret Agent Clank on the shelf (not behind the glass) about an aisle away from the green bin, so it might be worth your time snooping around the aisles even if the bin appears wiped out.

Just as a note, I believe most KMarts start their Holiday hours today (6:00AM-11:59PM). Of course you should double-check that online, but the extended hours will certainly make checking for new shipments easier.

[quote name='ndcurtis']Scored LBP and Gran Turismo at the Salem, OR K-Mart. I got the last LBP but they had two more GT's. They also had Secret Agent Clank and The Con. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
I went to that store on 12/12 evening and didn't find any LBP and GT in the green dump bin. Exactly when did you pick yours up?

[quote name='180husher']If you take the UPC sticker off, the original UPC for these Canadian versions is the same as the US versions. Shouldn't be any problem trading these in to Gamestop or returning for anybody else who bought these games recently elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

the cover art for GT is different from the USA version (more type) some gamestop workers might catch that and think your trying to toss in a bootleg...

i know i got a few england type games from goozex (different cover art) and gamestop refused to take them

[quote name='slidecage']the cover art for GT is different from the USA version (more type) some gamestop workers might catch that and think your trying to toss in a bootleg...

i know i got a few england type games from goozex (different cover art) and gamestop refused to take them[/QUOTE]

So then trade them in UMD only and pitch the cover art.

I scored LBP and GT, only one of each buried in the green bin. Left a couple of clanks, as I already have that.

Thanks OP!!!

OK. For all you doubters. I stopped by the Big K on Campbell in Spfd, MO. and did indeed find 2 copies of Jak & Daxter! Both were stickered 9.99.

I didn't buy them as I already own it. Yes, You're welcome. I moved them to the back of the 360 side of the bin behind 3 bundled games on the Right-Hand SIDE!

Hope this helps at least someone.

They are stickered green, just like all of the other games, at $9.99!!!

Yes, J & D: TLF is the PSP Version.

Big K, Spfd, MO. Campbell St. Right side of Bin, behind some 360 games that will never sell!!!

Once again, you are welcome!!!

Ha Alarmed thanks, I started my car, will be in MO in 2-3 days from B-Lo :)

In other news I tried to double dip what I did yesterday (got a dumb employee to price adjust the 39.99 LBPs in the case with the 1 9.99 stickered one I found). I tried it again at the same store with Gran Turismos but I guess the manager put a kabash on doing it. He said what I "got away" with the day before was a mistake by the employee. Hey ya never know I guess.

Quakertown PA had 1 LBP, 2 Gran Turismos, and a NBA 10. I bought the LBP and both GT. They were in the green box and look exactly like the pic on the opening page.

Indianapolis IN: On west Washington St I picked up the only LBP. They had a few Secret Agent Clanks left. The employee said they get at least something in every day, whether or not there would be any more discounted games though he said would hard to tell. I guess I'll check back a few more times since it's only a few minutes away.

I'm excited I actually found something locally that I saw on CAG. I'm usually a day late it seems. A big thanks to the OP.

In the bin with these cheap PSP games, they also had two-packs of 360 games for $30. Mostly stuff you can already find for $10 or less each elsewhere, like Condemned, Perfect Dark Zero, etc. But they also had some copies of PS3 SingStar Volume 2 with mics for $15.

Found both GT and LBP at my local store in Chesapeake, VA. 1 or 2 copies of GT were left, didn't see anymore LBP. Thnx OP for the heads up! Also, various Singstar bundles marked $15, and a bunch of PS3 game double packs for $30. Plus a bunch of assorted Wii, DS, and 360 games.

D'oh - So I went back to the store that told me they didn't get any PSP games with green tags (they had a bunch of green-tagged 360 games in the bin) and asked a different person. He showed me where they were - it was a second, hidden "cheap games" aisle that was separate from where they had other cheap PSP games #-o. Oh well, I probably missed some good stuff. All they had tonight was GT, NBA 10, and Clank (which I've seen just about everywhere). I was hoping for a second LBP for multiplayer with my son and the new Jak game which I haven't seen at all (has this even been confirmed as one of the titles?).

I also thought we had a trade thread set up for this but I don't see it in the OP. ??

Sunday I went on a mission to find LBP for $10, there are 3 kmarts I could hit on the way to work so the one closest to my house had nothing for PSP except 1 copy of the Con. 2nd Kmart had 2 copies of GT and 3 of Clank. bought one of each.
My last Kmart, I originally saw no green bin but they had the green sticker games on a back shelf with other clearance games. I found 2 GT, 3 clank's and 1 NBA10 but no LBP so I spent about 5 min. looking all through the shovelware but no luck I saw they had 1 copy in the case. so I figured worth a shot to find an employee to check it, and on my way I saw a few old ps2 games on the top shelf I didnt notice before so i moved them and looked behind them and there was the lone LBP for $10, Score!! I really want Jak for $10 too. but it seems to be a very rare find.

Thanks a ton OP

JEFF

Checked my 4th Pittsburgh area Kmart to try and find LBP fo $10. No luck. They had NBA 10 (which I already picked up) and Clank (which I don't want). I guess I may have to suck it up and buy it when it goes on sale somewhere, as I am having no luck at Kmarts. :wall:

A friend of mine managed to get a copy of Gran Turismo in Louisville, KY Monday night, last copy of anything good they had.

I checked the New Albany, IN K-mart on Tuesday morning and they had nothing but junk.

Anyone have an extra LBP?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Saw some of the games (GT and SAC) at the Jersey City KMart, but no LBP.[/QUOTE]

Son of a B...., I drove right by Jersey City yesterday because I had to travel for work. I couldn't find any locally.

I picked up Little Big Planet (PSP) [the last one] and Granturismo (PSP) today for $9.99 at the South County store in St Louis, MO. [They had NBA 10, Gran Turismo, and Secret Agent Clank left]. I'm not sure if I'm going to like GT, but the trade-in is $16.50 at Amazon, so I win either way.

It looks like they've been getting the games at different times. I've been up there a couple of times since the op found them, and I just found the cheap games today.

Was at the Kmart near Phoenixville and found single copies of Little Big Planet and Gran Turismo and two copies Secret Agent Clank. Only the Clanks were left when I left.

They also had a couple copies of :ps3: Singstar Vol. 2 with green $14.99 tags. Saw them mentioned before in this thread.

I can confirm Corvallis, Oregon's K-Mart does not have any green sticker games. I looked all over. It was rather underwhelming. One more is within decent driving distance, so I'll check that out.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I picked up Little Big Planet (PSP) [the last one] and Granturismo (PSP) today for $9.99 at the South County store in St Louis, MO. [They had NBA 10, Gran Turismo, and Secret Agent Clank left]. I'm not sure if I'm going to like GT, but the trade-in is $16.50 at Amazon, so I win either way.

It looks like they've been getting the games at different times. I've been up there a couple of times since the op found them, and I just found the cheap games today.[/QUOTE]

Dang, they didn't have any of the games when I was there. :( I've been trying to find LBP.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Thanks again OP. I made $40 off these games (bought 3 games at $9.99=$30. Sold all of them for a total of $70)[/QUOTE]

man, this site is becoming so much like SD/FW ...
very very sad

This deal thread had me so excited that I ran out after work to the K-Mart in Cary NC. The only four PSP games they did have left, two of which were The Con, were restickered to $14.99. Sadly not worth the trip.

bread's done
Back