LE Zelda 3DS Bundle $179 @ Gamestop 12/9-12/11

the redesign will look awesome, it's those stuck using the add-on with the original 3ds that will be stuck with the fugly gimped system. Only reason to buy a 3DS now is if you've gotta get your mario fix asap or got a nerd boner for that limited edition zelda 3DS. otherwise, wait for the redesign.

... Or if you don't want to wait a year to spend more on a redesigned system and want to enjoy all the games released between now and then ... just a thought

Meh, I'll never understand the hate the 3DS gets. Yes, I agree, the launch lineup was extremely lackluster. But damn if it's not a great system now. This week at Best Buy, for less than $200 you could walk out with a brand new 3DS system, one of the greatest games of all time remastered - OoT 3D, a brand new Super Mario game that competes with some of the best in the series, and a brand new entry in the Mario Kart series with a spectacular online mode and an absolute blast of multiplayer options.

And you have a MASSIVE library of DS games.

And next year is packed with quality titles, and even more are surely to be announced.

Meh, I've loved my 3DS since I got it, and don't have an ounce of regret upgrading to this Zelda model. I look forward to putting many, many hours into Mario Kart when I open it this Christmas.

Sure, a redesign will come, no doubt. But why not just enjoy the system... now? You can always sell off the old system. Surprise, technology and consumer electronics always get better.

... I wouldn't hold out for that iPad 3, ya know; the iPad 4 will probably be out within a year.

[quote name='mattcube64']Yeah, I went ahead and bought one from Gamestop today to replace my launch Cosmo Black system. I would have bought the Zelda bundle at Best Buy if I could have freaking found one :whistle2:(

Or, I wish the Mario Bundle had some small insignia on the system, instead of looking like the regular red 3DS.[/QUOTE]

I actually really love the way this limited edition Zelda 3DS looks. I do agree with you that Nintendo could have made more of an effort to customize the Super Mario 3D Land 3DS's, even if the base Flame Red 3DS does look great. I would have done something similar to this The Legend of Zelda design in a gold paint that matches what they used for the Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition on Wii. Some classic symbols in the corners like the 1up Mushroom, the Fire Flower, the Tanuki Leaf, and the Invincibility Star. In the center of the system, a fully colored 8-bit Mario.

[quote name='etcrane']... Or if you don't want to wait a year to spend more on a redesigned system and want to enjoy all the games released between now and then ... just a thought[/QUOTE]

This! Way too much talk of "waiting" for the next one! This was released less than a year ago and it's starting to hit its stride with the line up of games. Get the system, enjoy the games.

[quote name='mattcube64']Meh, I'll never understand the hate the 3DS gets. Yes, I agree, the launch lineup was extremely lackluster. But damn if it's not a great system now.[/QUOTE]

Honestly the only thing holding me back is the insane $40 pricetag on individual games. That's such a complete bonerchill. And then you look at the Vita's memcard pricing and suddenly you are talking to the doctor about impotence... :(

[quote name='doodofdoods']Tempted, but I know I'm getting the 3DS redesign, so it'd be a waste of money to buy this obsolete model when I already own a blue 3DS.[/QUOTE]

hey you got a link to the article on this redesign? i would like to see it... or are you just assuming?

Thanks OP, bought one as a gift for my brother last night. Also, to all the people saying they're waiting for the 3DS redesign, you're banking on something that we have no conformation of. I'm loving the black one I have now, just go buy one. Live a little, cause people die a lot.

[quote name='gmsick']hey you got a link to the article on this redesign? i would like to see it... or are you just assuming?[/QUOTE]

Come on. Don't be naive. Of course a redesign is coming.
2lnzx4.jpg

Seriously, look at that thing. There's no way there won't be a redesign to better incorporate that 2nd analog stick and the 2 extra buttons. At least half a dozen games are already confirmed to support it. AAA franchises like MGS, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Kingdom Hearts will be using it. A redesign is guaranteed. Guaranteed.

FYI, the longest that Nintendo's waited to release a redesign has been 19 months iirc. 19 months from march 2011 is October 2012. Just in time for the Holiday season. It'll probably be bundled with Monster Hunter in Japan and Mario Kart here. They'll save Animal Crossing for the fall to really nail the kiddies and girlies. Nintendo knows exactly what it's doing. Cold blooded fanboy milking assassins. They also have q1 2012 packed with sweet games to try and cock block the Vita.

There is always a redesign or a new system if you are willing to wait. I never understand the people who claim a current system is obsolete already because a rumor of a new model is on the internet.

You could end up never playing a single game because you can always make the claim that the next system is coming out and will be better. You have to decide for yourself when is the time to buy in Vs the cost of waiting. I don't want to wait another year for a new model, I want to play now.

Also, basing a redesign off a third party peripheral is not the best idea. It is not like nintendo saw all the external battery addons or grip addons and plans to redesign to use them. Nintendo made a choice to go with the single stick I am betting they stick with it. Nintendo didn't cave in with past decisions that I can remember. We never had a dual analog controller for the wii, no analog on the DS, no online friends list in the 3ds, etc. They make choices and stay with them from what I have seen, not to say they won't do it different this time but I don't think so.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Come on. Don't be naive. Of course a redesign is coming.
2lnzx4.jpg

Seriously, look at that thing. There's no way there won't be a redesign to better incorporate that 2nd analog stick and the 2 extra buttons. At least half a dozen games are already confirmed to support it. AAA franchises like MGS, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Kingdom Hearts will be using it. A redesign is guaranteed. Guaranteed.

FYI, the longest that Nintendo's waited to release a redesign has been 19 months iirc. 19 months from march 2011 is October 2012. Just in time for the Holiday season. It'll probably be bundled with Monster Hunter in Japan and Mario Kart here. They'll save Animal Crossing for the fall to really nail the kiddies and girlies. Nintendo knows exactly what it's doing. Cold blooded fanboy milking assassins. They also have q1 2012 packed with sweet games to try and cock block the Vita.[/QUOTE]
As i figured... your just assuming. Anyway those AAA titles support it but dont require it. I remember playing all of those games with 1 analogue stick. Camera control can easily be mapped to the touch screen. Honestly there's no need for me to respond to the last paragraph. Its just your assumptions and opinion on the future. You sound like the cock block. Let people buy this if they want.

[quote name='donut']took receipt for my $20 back yesterday...[/QUOTE]

How does this work? I bought mine exactly a week ago today. I think I threw the receipt away though. :/ I did buy it using my Powerwhatever card, if that means anything.

Anyway I could go in and get like a 20$ credit? I've been wanting Mario Land so bad, and I was just gonna wait, but if I can get a 20$ credit on it, I might have to grab it.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Well honestly, the only reason anyone wants a 3DS right now is to replay a 13 year old game or another 2 Mario games.

& if it wasn't for the Zelda black & gold color, I wouldn't even think about getting one to begin with. Honestly handheld gaming is dead, at least TRUE handheld gaming since every company wants the casual crap audience & they, for some reason like mental illness, like Angry Birds.[/QUOTE]

No it'll only die if us "actual" gamers drop it in favor of smartphone/tablet game. And honestly, even the best tablet/smartphone games SUCK in comparison to even mediocre games on the DS/3DS/PSP. They're able to produce some decent graphics and sound nowadays but controls on anything but Angry Bird/puzzlers/racing games suck so bad they're almost unplayable.

If "true" handheld gaming dies we have nobody to blame but ourselves...

if you want it, buy now and then, trade it or sell it later. You probably get a good return even with the diminishing value of a used product with this sale. Look Gamestop was giving away $100 value to trade up from a dsi, this past summer. There's a good chance they would do the same

I don't understand the logic of waiting another year. the new xbox is coming out next year, does that stop people from buying new 360s?

[quote name='audio vicious']How does this work? I bought mine exactly a week ago today. I think I threw the receipt away though. :/ I did buy it using my Powerwhatever card, if that means anything.

Anyway I could go in and get like a 20$ credit? I've been wanting Mario Land so bad, and I was just gonna wait, but if I can get a 20$ credit on it, I might have to grab it.[/QUOTE]

Having the receipt will be your best bet...
bet meh, call the store and see if they can track/print your receipt...

I would never throw away a $200 receipt so quickly around the holidays...too many deals and you have until sometime in Jan. to return new/sealed...

[quote name='gmsick']As i figured... your just assuming. Anyway those AAA titles support it but dont require it. I remember playing all of those games with 1 analogue stick. Camera control can easily be mapped to the touch screen. Honestly there's no need for me to respond to the last paragraph. Its just your assumptions and opinion on the future. You sound like the cock block. Let people buy this if they want.[/QUOTE]

You can play them without a 2nd analog stick, but it'll be an awkward experience for a game like Monster Hunter. and considering how many copies a game like monster hunter can sell in Japan, it's probably a good idea to make a system redesign that incorporates the best control scheme possible for such a game.

lol, let people buy it? I'm not stopping anyone from buying anything. I'm just voicing my opinion that buying it now is a mistake when you're very likely going to want to upgrade to the redesigned version.

But take a look at the line-up of games that the system has coming out before fall 2012. If there are a number of games listed for the 3DS that you have to have immediately, then go and get it. If not, wait for the redesign. The good games will be cheaper by then, too.

As I said before, 19 months is the longest Nintendo's ever gone without a redesign of a handheld(excluding the toaster sized game boy). They are a well-oiled machine and will pop out another unit shortly. Count on it.

[quote name='donut']took receipt for my $20 back yesterday...[/QUOTE]
I ordered mine online and it says 179.99, how did you get $20 back?

[quote name='doodofdoods']You can play them without a 2nd analog stick, but it'll be an awkward experience for a game like Monster Hunter. and considering how many copies a game like monster hunter can sell in Japan, it's probably a good idea to make a system redesign that incorporates the best control scheme possible for such a game.

lol, let people buy it? I'm not stopping anyone from buying anything. I'm just voicing my opinion that buying it now is a mistake when you're very likely going to want to upgrade to the redesigned version.

But take a look at the line-up of games that the system has coming out before fall 2012. If there are a number of games listed for the 3DS that you have to have immediately, then go and get it. If not, wait for the redesign. The good games will be cheaper by then, too.

As I said before, 19 months is the longest Nintendo's ever gone without a redesign of a handheld(excluding the toaster sized game boy). They are a well-oiled machine and will pop out another unit shortly. Count on it.[/QUOTE] You just dont get it. What makes you think if they redesign the 3DS that a second slide pad would be added. When the DS lite came out people expected a slide pad becase tons of games needed it, but it didn't get one. Nor did the next 2 redesign's of that system DSi & DSi XL. So what makes you think they would make a redesign based off a optional add on? If thats the case the DS lite should have had gyroscope & rumble built in. Those were 2 optional add ons for the DS. With Wii U coming supposedly next year i doubt they are worried about redesigning 3DS seeing as its selling like hotcakes now. Nintendo did what they intended to do. Customers if you want two slide pads buy the slide pad pro.

[quote name='SativaSam']I ordered mine online and it says 179.99, how did you get $20 back?[/QUOTE]

did not order online
traded in a lite for $70 off on BF so went in receipt for $20 back...

[quote name='gmsick']When the DS lite came out people expected a slide pad becase tons of games needed it, but it didn't get one.[/QUOTE]
...What? I think you're lost there, the idea of a slide pad didn't even exist back then.

[quote name='gmsick']You just dont get it. What makes you think if they redesign the 3DS that a second slide pad would be added. When the DS lite came out people expected a slide pad becase tons of games needed it, but it didn't get one. Nor did the next 2 redesign's of that system DSi & DSi XL. So what makes you think they would make a redesign based off a optional add on? If thats the case the DS lite should have had gyroscope & rumble built in. Those were 2 optional add ons for the DS. With Wii U coming supposedly next year i doubt they are worried about redesigning 3DS seeing as its selling like hotcakes now. Nintendo did what they intended to do. Customers if you want two slide pads buy the slide pad pro.[/QUOTE]

What possible reason is there for them not to include a second analog stick in a redesign? Especially if the gamers who want the 2nd analog stick want it incorporated into the design?

You're telling me they would rather sell a $20 add-on instead of another $170-$200 system to people? You just don't get it.

If casuals don't care whether or not there's a second analog stick, you risk nothing by adding it on in a redesign. If core gamers do care, then you only stand to gain by adding a second stick to a redesign.

You just dont get it. What makes you think if they redesign the 3DS that a second slide pad would be added.
Because people want it.

So what makes you think they would make a redesign based off a optional add on?
Demand, competition, opportunity.

With Wii U coming supposedly next year i doubt they are worried about redesigning 3DS seeing as its selling like hotcakes now.
I don't see why not... Wii and DS Lite were released in the same year.

Customers if you want two slide pads buy the slide pad pro.
No thanks.

[quote name='iamsmart']Because people want it.

Demand, competition, opportunity.

I don't see why not... Wii and DS Lite were released in the same year.

No thanks.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure the people in this thread would rather have a nice limited edition Zelda 3DS (that will resale for craptons in a couple of years. Don't believe me? Go look up the Zelda GBA SP and all the other limited edition iterations of Zelda systems)

Obviously you have nothing better to do than try and convince people not to buy a 3DS. Buying an attachment for a system is not that bad and plus you get to play a 3DS now as opposed to waiting a year or couple months.

That's like saying I don't want an iPhone because a new one is coming out next year. No crap one is coming out next year. It's Apple. Nintendo is almost the same way.

[quote name='SativaSam']I'm pretty sure the people in this thread would rather have a nice limited edition Zelda 3DS (that will resale for craptons in a couple of years. Don't believe me? Go look up the Zelda GBA SP and all the other limited edition iterations of Zelda systems)

Obviously you have nothing better to do than try and convince people not to buy a 3DS. Buying an attachment for a system is not that bad and plus you get to play a 3DS now as opposed to waiting a year or couple months.

That's like saying I don't want an iPhone because a new one is coming out next year. No crap one is coming out next year. It's Apple. Nintendo is almost the same way.[/QUOTE]

Just have to say I don't believe it will be worth anything in a few years. Stores still have the Zelda 3DS falling off shelves, it isn't hard to get at all. As obvious as this thread title is, stores are dropping the price because people just aren't buying it.

I'm pretty sure the people in this thread would rather have a nice limited edition Zelda 3DS (that will resale for craptons in a couple of years. Don't believe me? Go look up the Zelda GBA SP and all the other limited edition iterations of Zelda systems)
Will it though? There's been more than a few concerns in this thread about how abundant it seems to be. Also my Zelda DS Lite never fetched a whole lot.

Obviously you have nothing better to do than try and convince people not to buy a 3DS.
1)This was my first post in the entire thread
2) I never tried to convince people to buy or not buy anything. I'm just pontificating on whether or not there will be a redesigned model in the future silly

[quote name='ivanctorres']Anyone know the TIV of a DSI?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering this too. I have a DSi XL that I only played 3 times that I want to trade in to get my son a 3DS. Should've jumped on the BF deal probably, but I've searched everywhere and can't find any TIV for it??

How about the tiv of a regular 3DS? I'm tempted to trade in mine and this one for myself, I already bought my brother one.

At least this Zelda console actually looks cool (Freakin' sweat to be honest). The DS Lite was nasty; The color on it made it look like some sort of vomit >_>

[quote name='UberNinjaz']...What? I think you're lost there, the idea of a slide pad didn't even exist back then.[/QUOTE]

your lost. the PSP had one.

@doodofdoods

continue with your assumptions that nintendo is gonna do what demand whats them to do. if history is any indication your gonna be severely let down. Now im off to play MK7 on my Zelda 3DS system.

[quote name='iamsmart']Will it though? There's been more than a few concerns in this thread about how abundant it seems to be. Also my Zelda DS Lite never fetched a whole lot.

1)This was my first post in the entire thread
2) I never tried to convince people to buy or not buy anything. I'm just pontificating on whether or not there will be a redesigned model in the future silly[/QUOTE]
Again, if there is a redesign, the attachment is purchasable for people with the current 3DS models. At the very least, you can get your money back with the LE 3DS to buy a new one. Just because it's $20 off doesn't mean it's tanking in sales.

At the very least, you can get your money back with the LE 3DS to buy a new one.
That's a pretty bold claim.

Again, if there is a redesign, the attachment is purchasable for people with the current 3DS models.[
I don't disagree with that at all, which is why I'm so confused you keep quoting me. Either you are confusing my posts with someone else you were arguing with, or you're really not paying attention.

I don't buy game systems anymore, I'll wait until they're done upgrading them before I give them my money. PS4 is coming in a couple of years, I'll skip it and wait for the PS6

[quote name='kitsunisan']I don't buy game systems anymore, I'll wait until they're done upgrading them before I give them my money. PS4 is coming in a couple of years, I'll skip it and wait for the PS6[/QUOTE]

Same here. I almost got myself into getting a XBOX 360 Slim on Black Friday, but I came to think that new Xbox is due sometime very soon, so I decided to wait until Xbox 1440 ultra slim portable edition comes out.

I ordered the Zelda 3DS Bundle on Dec. 08th online at GameStop.com and I'm supposed to get a $20 GameStop gift card along with the bundle, right? So I received the bundle a few days later, but no gift card. I rememered when I was checking out at the GameStop website, they were charging me a total of $223.88 which included shipping and sales tax. The packing slip shows that I was charged $195.72 for the bundle, but my credit card bill shows that there were 2 charges... the $195.72, and another charge of $28.16 (which adds up to the $223.88 that the website said I was being charged at the time of purchase). Anyway, so where is my $20 gift card? Am I supposed to receive it seperately by mail, or do I need to go to a GameStop store (or contact them via phone or e-mail) to claim it or something?

[quote name='Al_001']I ordered the Zelda 3DS Bundle on Dec. 08th online at GameStop.com and I'm supposed to get a $20 GameStop gift card along with the bundle, right? So I received the bundle a few days later, but no gift card. I rememered when I was checking out at the GameStop website, they were charging me a total of $223.88 which included shipping and sales tax. The packing slip shows that I was charged $195.72 for the bundle, but my credit card bill shows that there were 2 charges... the $195.72, and another charge of $28.16 (which adds up to the $223.88 that the website said I was being charged at the time of purchase). Anyway, so where is my $20 gift card? Am I supposed to receive it seperately by mail, or do I need to go to a GameStop store (or contact them via phone or e-mail) to claim it or something?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it was mailed, I got the bundle for Christmas and had a Zelda themed card for $20

[quote name='Al_001']I ordered the Zelda 3DS Bundle on Dec. 08th online at GameStop.com and I'm supposed to get a $20 GameStop gift card along with the bundle, right? So I received the bundle a few days later, but no gift card. I rememered when I was checking out at the GameStop website, they were charging me a total of $223.88 which included shipping and sales tax. The packing slip shows that I was charged $195.72 for the bundle, but my credit card bill shows that there were 2 charges... the $195.72, and another charge of $28.16 (which adds up to the $223.88 that the website said I was being charged at the time of purchase). Anyway, so where is my $20 gift card? Am I supposed to receive it seperately by mail, or do I need to go to a GameStop store (or contact them via phone or e-mail) to claim it or something?[/QUOTE]

I got my GC over email the same day I ordered. Might want to check your spam folder.

[quote name='bob330i']I got my GC over email the same day I ordered. Might want to check your spam folder.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks a lot for the tip. They DID send a seperate e-mail with a digital gift certificate, although it doesn't mention on the e-mail what the value of the certificate is. Ayway, I printed it out and will take it to my local GS store when purchasing Diablo III in February.:D

[quote name='Al_001']Hey thanks a lot for the tip. They DID send a seperate e-mail with a digital gift certificate, although it doesn't mention on the e-mail what the value of the certificate is. Ayway, I printed it out and will take it to my local GS store when purchasing Diablo III in February.:D[/QUOTE]

But what about the extra $20+ they charged you in addition to tax? Did you choose that expensive of a shipping option?

[quote name='Al_001']Hey thanks a lot for the tip. They DID send a seperate e-mail with a digital gift certificate, although it doesn't mention on the e-mail what the value of the certificate is. Ayway, I printed it out and will take it to my local GS store when purchasing Diablo III in February.:D[/QUOTE]

You can check the value on the GS website.

But what about the extra $20+ they charged you in addition to tax? Did you choose that expensive of a shipping option?

For my order, shipping was $8 or so. The rest was CA tax which I would have paid either in store or on line. I was only out the $8 for shipping if I knew it was going to go to an instore promo.

Are these systems still available? I heard that another price drop is soon to be announced because sales are still not up to par...

I ordered mine on Thanksgiving Day for $179 ($188 total) online. I used $25 worth of gift cards to bring it to $163. I got it on 12/6, the time they were doing the promotion for a $50 GC if you buy a 3DS. So I brought it in unopened and told them I could just return it and rebuy it for for the $50 GC, and someone opened up a support case so I'd get the GC "because they can't do that in store". A few weeks later, they refunded $50 to my bank account (now $113). Then, just last week, they sent me an e-mail confirming that I would be receiving a $50 Best Buy gift card in the mail soon. Whenever I receive it, it'll almost be like I paid $63 for a Zelda 3DS.

[quote name='Blade']I ordered mine on Thanksgiving Day for $179 ($188 total) online. I used $25 worth of gift cards to bring it to $163. I got it on 12/6, the time they were doing the promotion for a $50 GC if you buy a 3DS. So I brought it in unopened and told them I could just return it and rebuy it for for the $50 GC, and someone opened up a support case so I'd get the GC "because they can't do that in store". A few weeks later, they refunded $50 to my bank account (now $113). Then, just last week, they sent me an e-mail confirming that I would be receiving a $50 Best Buy gift card in the mail soon. Whenever I receive it, it'll almost be like I paid $63 for a Zelda 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's pretty darn good... It's definitely a mistake in your favor, it doesn't happen very often so congrats. I don't mind a Zelda 3DS for $120, let alone $63...

[quote name='binici']Are these systems still available? I heard that another price drop is soon to be announced because sales are still not up to par...[/QUOTE]

You haven't been following 3DS news very closely, have you? Ever since the price drop, 3DS sales have been doing extremely well. The system has already surpassed first year Wii and DS sales numbers in just 9 months.

In other words, no, there isn't going to be another price drop any time soon. :)

bread's done
Back