League of Legends anyone?

What you're experiencing is frame lag and not lag from your internet connection. Your ping and your FPS share zero relation or effect over one another. Your PC isn't powerful enough to handle League of Legends. 4GB's of RAM is just fine, but whatever video card you have (as stated, probably integrated) isn't good enough to run the game.

It never ceases to amaze me how some of these ranked players ever got to level 30 without knowing some of the very basic concepts as looking at the mini map and sticking with the team. I feel that the main problem with this game is that Riot fails to teach the players with a more thorough single player or vs AI mode that would properly teach how to play each role(Top, Mid, ADC, Jungle, Support) and therefore flooding their own game with people that are absolutely clueless when they graduate to play against other humans.

There isn't enough of an indicator when you're doing something correctly or not. People just use the scoreboard as the judge as to whether or not they are playing well. From early on, they're just taught that as long as you have a positive score you're fine and can proceed to shit talk anyone that doesn't have a positive score.

It doesn't matter if you're AP carry and are 10-2-0 when all you're doing is walking in after all your team dies and just cleaning up. It doesn't matter if you're support and are 6-2-1, you're stealing kills from people on your team that can benefit from them more. That's where the problem lies though, the game doesn't give you any critiques. They look at the scoreboard and just assume they're doing great.

One of our friends is this way. He'll be 0-3-1 near the end of the game, just being completely useless throughout. Then, in garbage time (AKA when we're in their base ready to win, they're in our base ready to win, or we're just goofing around farming kills) he'll clean up half a dozen kills and end the game 6-3-1. After the game is over he'll proceed to talk about how he "did okay", only basing that thought off his score that he only wound up getting in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Which was why I really think they should just make 5 campaigns for the game; one for each role. Maybe put in a achievement system for these campaigns so that would entice people to give them a shot. But yeah, the amount of ignorant people in ranked games are ridiculous. Just had another game where people won't even pick as a team so I got 3 ADs.... lol. Awesome.

riot doesn't want to be locked into the role mindset and will never acknowledge that the game is "supposed" to be played 1-1-2 with jungle.

that said, on purple side one time i had bot lane completely warded, we got pushed to tower and were poked pretty hard so we had to push lane and back. a fight happens at blue side wraiths between our mids and jungles and bot lane comes up and cleans up.

"WHERE'S THE MIA"

well shit LOOK AT THE WARDS

also because of the matchmaking people can get to level 30 regardless of how bad they are, believe it or not there are a lot of players who are really bad. i have a couple of friends who are pretty bad but fun to play with, and when i play with them in normals we often get teams that don't even have junglers.

[quote name='kainzero']riot doesn't want to be locked into the role mindset and will never acknowledge that the game is "supposed" to be played 1-1-2 with jungle.

that said, on purple side one time i had bot lane completely warded, we got pushed to tower and were poked pretty hard so we had to push lane and back. a fight happens at blue side wraiths between our mids and jungles and bot lane comes up and cleans up.

"WHERE'S THE MIA"

well shit LOOK AT THE WARDS[/QUOTE]

I hate when people cry that they didn't get an mia when they engage on the jungler or something right next to a lane. You know the opposing top laner was in his lane 5 seconds before he killed you, why do I need to mia? Map awareness is totally lost on most people.

Just yesterday I was supporting a Varus and I had river warded and their jungle was coming. I saw the Varus not moving so I pinged the jungler 3 times as I was retreating, he still didn't react and died. I was expecting him to blame me for leaving him or not typing or some shit, but he realized his folly and said he fucked up. I could talk all day about how a majority of people playing this game are retarded, but I think we all know that. I especially like games where I pick a champ, get bitched out because this champ sucks, and wreck face with him. They still say he sucks though, ok bros.

Glad I was able to trade some MS points for RP because I bought my first skin. Sad Robot Amumu is great. Frankly any mecha skin in this game looks cool. Damn if the champs and skins in this game aren't expensive. Wish Riot would take the Valve route more and love their players more.

Also thinking of getting Fizz. Anyone have any opinions on him?

LoL Noob here. Just got to Summoner level 8 playing mostly Beginner Bot matches.

I feel like I've been doing pretty well playing ADC as Twitch (only dying once or twice a match, taking down towers and laning) but I tried my first Intermediate bot match last night and got rolled. Died 12 times, basically any time Ryze bot found me I was dead. We lost the match but luckily I was playing with a good group of randoms and everyone had some helpful advice. I guess its just keep practicing or stick to beginner bots for now!

[quote name='Hostile']Glad I was able to trade some MS points for RP because I bought my first skin. Sad Robot Amumu is great. Frankly any mecha skin in this game looks cool. Damn if the champs and skins in this game aren't expensive. Wish Riot would take the Valve route more and love their players more.

Also thinking of getting Fizz. Anyone have any opinions on him?[/QUOTE]
fizz is tough to play because you're melee ap mid. granted, with flask you're better off than you were s2.

other than that he's decent, just gotta hit your ult and time your pole correctly. we're still in league of ad assassins though, and i'm not sure if he loses to them or not.

[quote name='SEH']
One of our friends is this way. He'll be 0-3-1 near the end of the game, just being completely useless throughout. Then, in garbage time (AKA when we're in their base ready to win, they're in our base ready to win, or we're just goofing around farming kills) he'll clean up half a dozen kills and end the game 6-3-1. After the game is over he'll proceed to talk about how he "did okay", only basing that thought off his score that he only wound up getting in the last 10 minutes of the game.[/QUOTE]

He's right though. If he's able to get an advantage and extend it from having 0 kills then good on him. This is by definition being a late game champion, and there's nothing wrong with that.

That being said I'm looking for a few CAGs to play some casuals to help me get to 30 on my smurf.

[quote name='9Tale']He's right though. If he's able to get an advantage and extend it from having 0 kills then good on him. This is by definition being a late game champion, and there's nothing wrong with that.

That being said I'm looking for a few CAGs to play some casuals to help me get to 30 on my smurf.[/QUOTE]

Contributing zero to the team for 30 minutes then getting 3-4 free clean-up kills during garbage time isn't being a "late game" champ.

[quote name='icedrake523']It sounds like your laptop isn't very powerful. 4GB RAM is on the lower end (I think 8GB has become more common) and my guess is your graphics card is integrated. 20-30 FPS is very low and due to your computer. The lag is due to your connection. Did you try reducing the visual settings?[/QUOTE]

4GB RAM is perfectly fine.

He didn't post his specs, but even if he has a low end ATI CPU/GPU combo (c-50 and such) that come in the $300 laptops, it's more than sufficient to run LoL.

The problem is that you most likely have too much BS running. Low end computer especially, ship with a bunch of running programs you don't need.

Windows Key + R
(Run Command) type msconfig
Go to Startup tab
Uncheck all (even if you uncheck your AV product it will still autostart)

Should help a ton. Assuming you don't have hardware problems. And turn the graphics down a little in game. I've run LoL fantastic on old Core Solo and integrated video, which is pretty old and low end. You should be fine if you optimize your stuff.

[quote name='kuramura']Do u guys Prefer 3 on 3 or 5 on 5?[/QUOTE]

5v5 is more exciting but I wish there was a way to make this game a little quicker.

Edit: Saw this on GameFAQs and got myself one. Add "Kakusha" in-game and ask for a Morgana code if you guys are in need of one.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Played one single game back in Beta. I never was a fan of DotA types, and as such, I can't see myself getting good at it. Learning curve was a bit steep, and the community, both for HoN and my sample of LoL, was quite unforgiving[/QUOTE]

I tried dota to but i couldnt get in to much chaos. I think LoL is nice and clear and so well balanced.

man I dislike new support champ week. only time I get competition for support slot. and can't you thresh players at least do a bot game first and learn the range/quirks of pulls?

Why do that when we can just try him out in game?

I dunno, I played him twice in a row in normal matches and did just fine. If by the 10 min mark you don't understand how the champion works, at least the basics, then real talk - just stahp.

he seems less kill lane than Blitz and more support focused. But yeah he looks interesting, too bad I just dropped all my IP buying proper runes. lol. Back to the IP grind

[quote name='kainzero']just remember the new 7800 ip price is only for the first week[/QUOTE]

I can barely scrounge up 3150 IP for nicer champs and I'ved played a lot since I started a month ago.

ranked is funny, there's always a rage between two or 3 people about who gets what. There's always the inevitable "you need to learn all roles ..... I can only top" and silent insta lock people. At least I think it's funny.

My duo partner sucks so hopefully I can just hurry up and go down to the lower elos and not worry about having to fill the meta. Or whatever some random thinks he's solomid guy thinks the meta is. Double jungle!

Are there any players that is up for trying to get better ELO in ranked games? I'm pretty tired of the trolling that's currently going on in the ranked games. If so, feel free to hit me up: kaiyouske.

Thanks!

980 :(

Been playing since closed beta...been trying to Solo Q this whole time. I think it's time to quit solo Q cuz it's just not doing it for me.

[quote name='Morphx2']ewww no way

im at like 1470![/QUOTE]

Heh. I was at 1250 but I lost 300 Elo in 2 days thanks to trolls. Not really sure what happened but on MLK massive trolls just started to play ranked games it seems like. I've had nothing but people that either leave, troll, or just uber inexperienced players in my ranked games so far.

But I'm actually looking for team players and people that are willing to play at least 3-4 times a week as a team. I want to play in a team that can work together and try to help each other improve over time. A lot of people don't realize that this is a TEAM GAME and people need to WORK TOGETHER and not against each other.

But yeah, if anyone's interested feel free to hit me up.

Thanks!

[quote name='Morphx2']eww, dont play on holidays. all the kids are home from school!

i would make a team, but im retiring in........4 weeks![/QUOTE]

Sure you are. ;)

Whats with the abnormally high amount of feeders lately? In the past week or so, every game I'm in there are like two people who go 0-11, EVERY time.

[quote name='kaiyouske']Heh. I was at 1250 but I lost 300 Elo in 2 days thanks to trolls. Not really sure what happened but on MLK massive trolls just started to play ranked games it seems like. I've had nothing but people that either leave, troll, or just uber inexperienced players in my ranked games so far.

But I'm actually looking for team players and people that are willing to play at least 3-4 times a week as a team. I want to play in a team that can work together and try to help each other improve over time. A lot of people don't realize that this is a TEAM GAME and people need to WORK TOGETHER and not against each other.

But yeah, if anyone's interested feel free to hit me up.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

That sucks man...I was down to 990s at the end of season 2 but I raised it to 1200 before season ended....Since then I've been climbing...almost at 1500. It's horrible when you go on a losing streak. If I lose more than 50 elo in day, I just get frustrated and kinda give up. Good luck on your elo!

So, after purposely tanking my ELO for the lulz in Season 2, I've now gotten myself to the top ranked Bronze player in Division 1. Bronze aint shit, but I'm still rather happy considering I tanked myself down to 700 ELO and climbed out of the gutter.

cNh6lSm.jpg

I'm surprised the Mod's never sticked this thread, since it has more posts than some of the threads that already are sticked.

So yeah, this new Ranked system....worse than before. So much easier for people to ruin a game experience. Just lost 3 in a row and lost all 74 points from the 5 games I won previously. All it took was one person that just went AFK right after the game loaded, and 2 others that refused to play a support and just trolled bot with the ADC.

What a wonderful community. Just wonderful.

Are you in Division 1 of your particular league? There is/was apparently some issue where a loss was wiping out like 2-3 wins worth of points for people in Division 1.

Honestly, the new system seems a bit better as far as queues go. I've played three ranked games since the new system was put in place and everyone has been pretty good at communicating and not acting like a 5 year old over what lane they want to go.

[quote name='SEH']Are you in Division 1 of your particular league? There is/was apparently some issue where a loss was wiping out like 2-3 wins worth of points for people in Division 1.

Honestly, the new system seems a bit better as far as queues go. I've played three ranked games since the new system was put in place and everyone has been pretty good at communicating and not acting like a 5 year old over what lane they want to go.[/QUOTE]

Nope, division 3. Now at 0 points. Yay.

bread's done
Back