Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I got the group request from Cmart last night while I was eating dinner and watching a movie. Sorry I missed out. I ended up in a group of friends and we went through Blood Harvest on Expert legit. Took almost 40 retries and over 4 hours. I was the only one to make it out but it counts. Funny thing was that we didn't have anything to light the tanks up with. We were somehow able to keep distance on the bastards using the awnings of the second floor and tearing all around the house. That second one took out two people and I lost the other guy while sprinting to escape.

If they didn't fix that glitch I can be the game host. I just need help getting No Mercy and Dead Air.[/quote]

for blood harvest expert, there's usually at least one red gasoline tank on the way to the barn - whether it's by the car carrier in the beginning, next to the train, or on the cliff before you jump down into the field. my group brings it all the way to the barn. if we encounter a tank before we get to the end, we just kill him normally since any guys we lose will spawn in the house when we get there. the most important thing is taking that gas tank to the finale. that way you only have to worry about fighting one of the tanks with firearms...

[quote name='espionage']for blood harvest expert, there's usually at least one red gasoline tank on the way to the barn - whether it's by the car carrier in the beginning, next to the train, or on the cliff before you jump down into the field. my group usually grabs that one and brings it all the way to the barn. if we encounter a tank before we get to the end, we just kill him normally since any guys we lose will spawn in the house when we get there. the most important thing is taking that gas tank to the finale![/quote]

everytime we took the gas tank all the way to the finale we were awarded with 3 more gas tanks in the barn and pipe bombs... due to a lack of competence with our fourth person though we failed to win, ha

yea one time we had 4 red gas tanks...it was amazing...but we still lost...

our best effort (we got to 2nd tank) was when we got jack squat (no pipe bombs, gas tanks, nothin)

Thats what I love about this game though.

You cant just assume you are going to win even if you think your zombie hunting skills are up to par.

Its so unpredictable, everything can be going great then a boomer explodes covering 2 of your members.....smoker comes out of no where and sucks you off the building/barn/or field you are standing in.

The most important thing is that the game is hard WITHOUT being overly cheap. (Call of duty I am looking at you) there was never a time where I lost and felt really cheated. You have to be 100% focus to even have a chance half the time.

This game is the ultimate test of video game skill. Cant halo your way through it.

[quote name='espionage']for blood harvest expert, there's usually at least one red gasoline tank on the way to the barn - whether it's by the car carrier in the beginning, next to the train, or on the cliff before you jump down into the field. my group brings it all the way to the barn. if we encounter a tank before we get to the end, we just kill him normally since any guys we lose will spawn in the house when we get there. the most important thing is taking that gas tank to the finale. that way you only have to worry about fighting one of the tanks with firearms...[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I don't think I ever found a gas tank near the car carrier. Not sure how often I looked though. I'll have to remember that.

I think we had 3 gas tanks once, and twice we got a full compliment of Moltov's in the barn and still lost. Often it was an issue of locating the tank before he incapped someone. But we had nothing on that final playthrough other than having everyone equipped with auto-shotguns.

Just got untouchables by myself with all bots on Dead Air final. Easy Breezy, got it on the first try. Once you get a handle on the tanks it was cake.

Just ordered this from Wal-Mart.com with gift cards due to no stores here having it in stock for 2 weeks now. It's set to arrive between the 13th and the 16th.

everyone who's got 50/50 and that achievement basically boosted.

The people who got that achievement use some sort of "glitch" where you're in a safe room and infected and special infected keep on spawning so every time a boomer would puke on you, you'd get horde after horde on you and obviously being in a safe room they really can't get to you, and if a smoker gets you you're AI would probably save you before they would do any significant damage anyways.

They'd leave the game on overnight and tie a rubber band over the left trigger button(i.e. melee button) which is so gay.

Yeah I know of that trick. A smoker will never spawn though.

I am not down with boosting cheesemints....seems to defeat the purpose of them. They are not that important to keep my system on all night or go out of my way to get them.

I got the 39 thousand pretty quick though because I average roughly 100 zombie kills each level I play. I am always lead scout when I play with my friends and having good aim allows for you to take out 15 -20 zombies in like 10 seconds.

You just have to watch how many zombies you are killing after each round. My friend was complaining that it was going to take forever and he was wondering but looking at the end of level stats he is only getting like 20 kills a round. (might be because I am sucking them up)

I dont know..53 thousand sounds like a lot but I got to 39 pretty quick.

I got the one achievement I never thought I'd get last night. The Tank one where you have to kill all 4 survivors in one life as a tank. Based on my playing the tank can't even kill 1. I got lucky and managed to get all 4 survivors sperated and on by one would knock them down. I didn't even realize what I had done till I go the notification on my screen.

[quote name='cmart05']everyone who's got 50/50 and that achievement basically boosted.

The people who got that achievement use some sort of "glitch" where you're in a safe room and infected and special infected keep on spawning so every time a boomer would puke on you, you'd get horde after horde on you and obviously being in a safe room they really can't get to you, and if a smoker gets you you're AI would probably save you before they would do any significant damage anyways.

They'd leave the game on overnight and tie a rubber band over the left trigger button(i.e. melee button) which is so gay.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly true, I haven't even had the game since release date and I have over 34,000 kills and I haven't played the game in over a week. It is fair to say that anyone who plays the game a lot could get there fairly quickly, I get about 300-400 kills on average with 3 human players and I get close to 1,000 (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less, but always close) when I played with only the AI. Put enough time in the game and you can easily get up to the 54,000 since that basically only took me a month to get 34,000.

Got to play versus for the first time last night....it gets a "meh" from me. Being the special infected wasn't quite as liberating or empowering as I thought. Still felt like I was the one being hunted. Then again, the teams sucked. I ended up stuck with a buddy's girlfriend (who is awful), and two buddies who we got the game for Xmas so I was the only one who had some time behind the game. One dude lagged out twice and then the other team took over.

I think I'm only at around 13,000 kills so far for Zombie Genocidest. I think after I get that I'll pop Dead Rising back in and go for that one.

Who gets annoyed when playing on versus on No Mercy, part 4, when the special infected team barricades the elevator exit?

It takes me almost 10-15 minutes to get through, usually by meleeing the object several times and/or jumping out at a very specific angle. A dirty trick if you ask me.

Any strategies when this happens?

[quote name='PacManster17']
Any strategies when this happens?[/quote]

Sit. Wait. Kill. Repeat.

They will either quit or try to move the generator to get on with the game in which case you kill them every time they try to push it.

I plan on teaming up with cmart and Ivan tonight so we may need a fourth human player for Blood Harvest Expert. Also if you need Dead Air we can knock that out in like 20 minutes so if you're interested get at us. There's like 4 - 5 inches of snow here in Ohio with more to come so I don't plan on leaving the house for quite a while. >_>

2 more cheesemints left man. Nothing Special and Zombie Genocide. I cant seem to get nothing special, tried like 5 times and always got hit by a Tank or a random hunter.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I plan on teaming up with cmart and Ivan tonight so we may need a fourth human player for Blood Harvest Expert. Also if you need Dead Air we can knock that out in like 20 minutes so if you're interested get at us. There's like 4 - 5 inches of snow here in Ohio with more to come so I don't plan on leaving the house for quite a while. >_>[/QUOTE]

message me. i wanna beat that. you guys change the strategy from last time?

Cool. I'll send you a GI once we've rounded up everyone else later. Cmart got pretty damn good in my absence. We ended up making it to the house more often than not and haven't shacked up in it since because it's a f*cking death trap. We've started holding up in the barn to the right up top so three can crouch melee in the corner while the last guy ARs special infected in front of us. The only thing that's stopping us from finishing now are special infected spawning while we fight Tanks or Boomers adding another horde before the first Tank shows up.

Exp Horde + Tank = nearly impossible. -_-'

Cmart would have probably finished it by himself at one point had a Smoker not spawned out of nowhere while he was evading the second Tank. =\

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

WE. STRAIGHT. NIGHT-MARE.

Second Versus match EVER with me, Ivan and a friend of mine. OMG WOW cmart you've got to play with us man. We got our asses kicked in the first two episodes, but man did we come BACK. 3350 - 700 in our favor because of all the damn multiplers we got for surviving on both sides. Oh man... it was HILARIOUS. Not only did we stop their team from being rescued before the helicoper ever showed up, but we killed both of their Tanks AND everyone made it on the chopper.

It's amazing how much knowledge of Expert campaigns translate to Versus play.

Strategic Boomer vomits + corner melee is too. frickin'. good. I'm looking forward to playing better teams in the future so I can step my game up tenfold.

Had the best versus match ever a few nights ago. Just had to come and brag and share a great tip for those trying to get the All 4 Dead achievement. On the first level of No Mercy, trap the survivors in the alley with the cars. If you can catch them before they get out onto the street, just smack the cars at them for insta-kill. In five seconds I killed all four survivors and did over 9000 damage! I wish I had it recorded. My entire team was dumbfounded and the survivors were incredulous :)

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']WE BEAT BLOOD HARVEST MOTHERfuckERS!

We straight nightmare.[/QUOTE]

you motherfuckers.....shit, i was waiting for a pm on here.
gangsters, that level is so damn hard.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Second Versus match EVER with me, Ivan and a friend of mine. OMG WOW cmart you've got to play with us man. We got our asses kicked in the first two episodes, but man did we come BACK. 3350 - 700 in our favor because of all the damn multiplers we got for surviving on both sides. Oh man... it was HILARIOUS. Not only did we stop their team from being rescued before the helicoper ever showed up, but we killed both of their Tanks AND everyone made it on the chopper.

Strategic Boomer vomits + corner melee is too. frickin'. good. I'm looking forward to playing better teams in the future so I can step my game up tenfold.[/QUOTE]

It was absolutely ridiculous how much our score increased in the last two episodes. The other team was not happy. And hey, we beat Blood Harvest!

[quote name='paz9x']you motherfuckers.....shit, i was waiting for a pm on here.
gangsters, that level is so damn hard.[/quote]

I posted in here like a hour after you left! We were waiting for you to sign in for the longest time man. Why didn't you read the thread? I'm sorry. :bomb::cry:

Hell I even got the achievement and I was already dead at the time. My character must have spawned in the house before the rescue vehicle came, but what really saved cmart and Ivan were the doors opening IMMEDIATELY after it stopped and the horde spawning from the other side of the house. By the time they caught up to them it was already speeding away.

It was so EPIC and LIBERATING to know that demonic chapter is conquerable. No worries though man... because I think we've finally got this level down to a science now. Get at us sometime and if everyone has some free time (as well... strength, haha) we'll run through it with you. Might take a while but at least with our new strategy we're almost guaranteed to make it to the second Tank with 2 members left with or without fire.

Bagel: Wicked strategy. I completely forgot about the Tank's melee attack hurling objects across the map translated to Versus. I've got to try it sometime.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I posted in here like a hour after you left! We were waiting for you to sign in for the longest time man. Why didn't you read the thread? I'm sorry. :bomb::cry:

Hell I even got the achievement and I was already dead at the time. My character must have spawned in the house before the rescue vehicle came, but what really saved cmart and Ivan were the doors opening IMMEDIATELY after it stopped and the horde spawning from the other side of the house. By the time they caught up to them it was already speeding away.

It was so EPIC and LIBERATING to know that demonic chapter is conquerable. No worries though man... because I think we've finally got this level down to a science now. Get at us sometime and if everyone has some free time (as well... strength, haha) we'll run through it with you. Might take a while but at least with our new strategy we're almost guaranteed to make it to the second Tank with 2 members left with or without fire.

Bagel: Wicked strategy. I completely forgot about the Tank's melee attack hurling objects across the map translated to Versus. I've got to try it sometime.[/QUOTE]

no worries.

[quote name='mzbagel']Had the best versus match ever a few nights ago. Just had to come and brag and share a great tip for those trying to get the All 4 Dead achievement. On the first level of No Mercy, trap the survivors in the alley with the cars. If you can catch them before they get out onto the street, just smack the cars at them for insta-kill. In five seconds I killed all four survivors and did over 9000 damage! I wish I had it recorded. My entire team was dumbfounded and the survivors were incredulous :)[/QUOTE]

That actually happened with me on my first versus match. I didn't know what was going on, or even how to control the Tank when I first became him, saw the survivors in an alley.. ran down it, hit RT.. apparently, I hit a car.

They all got killed by it, round / match over, my team won - I think my damage was around 11,000 or so, somehow. Either way, yeah, if you can pull it off, that's the best way to get it.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I need No Mercy and Dead Air myself. But I'm willing to help out on Blood Harvest to motivate a team getting together.[/QUOTE]

i need no mercy too.
FR me and message me here when you want to play.

I need some CAGs to play this game with. I've been playing a lot, but I seem to always get stuck with teammates that don't like to help. 5 or 6 of my friends bought this game, but I never see them online.

I play a lot of versus, and I want to start playing co op if some other CAGs can join me later tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='PacManster17']Who gets annoyed when playing on versus on No Mercy, part 4, when the special infected team barricades the elevator exit?

It takes me almost 10-15 minutes to get through, usually by meleeing the object several times and/or jumping out at a very specific angle. A dirty trick if you ask me.

Any strategies when this happens?[/quote]

This happened to me yesterday, lucky for us my friend knew how to deal with this. All you have to do is make the special infected touch the tractor(or whatever it's called). When he's touching or on it, hit it and it will move.

Ditto. It doesn't matter what I'm playing I'm usually down for it so send me a request. The worst that could happen is I completely forget about it. >_>

Well I'm online and so is Ivan. We're down for either Expert campaign or Versus play so if you're interested sign on so we can get this started.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Strategic Boomer vomits + corner melee is too. frickin'. good. I'm looking forward to playing better teams in the future so I can step my game up tenfold.[/quote]

[quote name='IvanHood']It was absolutely ridiculous how much our score increased in the last two episodes. The other team was not happy. And hey, we beat Blood Harvest![/quote]

Yeah we did great that whole night. It is great when you have skilled players on your side.

I have a s**tload of games i Am playing right now (Rock Band 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, ect.) but if you ever want to team up again just let me know. I will love to play on Expert or Versus again.

I got home from LA and my package with this game was waiting for me. Please add Matt Young 951 if X Matt Young X is not on your list and you would like to play with me.

Left 4 Dead Receiving Patch This Week

Sorry Xbox fans, this one is for PC owners.

By Kat Bailey, 01/13/2009
media

The holidays are just a memory now, so that means developers can now surreptitiously fix all the issues they didn't get to in the rush to release. Next up is Left 4 Dead. Eurogamer is reporting that a Left 4 Patch should be arriving this week, and according to Valve's Chet Faliszek, it will fix a "whole class of bugs." So what took so long? It was all down to Valve wanting to lump lots of updates together than letting them trickle out piecemeal.
Unfortunately, no specifics yet. But according to this post on the Steam forums, the PC and the Xbox 360 will be updated independently. Hold tight Xbox owners, you'll be rescued from the ravening horde soon enough.

Email from Chet Faliszek - patch THIS week
"Sadly Microsoft has nothing to do with the pc patch... that delay is all us. The PC and 360 will be patched independently not sure where people picked up that exploit/bug fixing was tied together. Only the DLC will be simultaneous. The problem on the PC side was a few large bugs affected other systems that we were going to rewrite on the pc so we ended up waiting to fix a whole class of bugs instead of just individual bugs. The patch should be out this week.

Thanks

Chet
"​

[quote name='HypyHyp']ive been hearing this is the best xbl game atm, would you guys agree? Ive been looking into buying it for myself.[/quote]

Yeah it's the only game that I can play for more than an hour online and not get bored.

[quote name='benjamouth']Damnit I just can not get that Cr0wned achievement, I've been trying for ages.

Awesome game though.[/quote]

I got it on expert with the auto-shotgun... I just popped off shot after shot on her and got it.

Use the auto-shotgun and try a lower level like Easy or Normal... run up behind her and pop off.

One more down. Thanks for the messages cmart, I keep getting stuck with my buddy that I mentioned. Good guy and good at the game, but every time he comes on I get stuck playing with his girlfriend and her cousin. And she's the one dragging us down...always picks up the sniper rifle (which is fine for certain stages), but I constantly find myself watching her back as she's in constant scope and getting beat up myself. Especially since she leads friendly fire counts by a shitload. Big time liability. Then she gets tired and we end up using the Jesus room after playing all of No Mercy legit. ARGH!

Sorry, needed to vent a little. Better here than the numerous times I find myself pointing the assault rifle at her head. Dead Air, here I come.

bread's done
Back