Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Soodmeg']fuck YAY! fuck YAY! Thats right.

Finally got Nothing Special thus completing my 1000/1000 for L4D all legit expect for the before mentioned nothing special.

Feels like the weight of the world is off my shoulders.[/quote]

Congrats on the 1000/1000!

I'm currently getting back into Forza 2, trying to get all the achievements in that game too.

[quote name='IvanHood']Anybody up for a little zombie hunting tonight?[/quote]

You came in at the right time to ask. Cmart got his new box and we're planning on knocking out those Versus achievements tonight. We could use a third and forth so if anyone is interested send us a friend request.

I'm not sure what time (he's got class) but we'll probably start at the usual time (between 9 & 10 EST).

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']You came in at the right time to ask. Cmart got his new box and we're planning on knocking out those Versus achievements tonight. We could use a third and forth so if anyone is interested send us a friend request.

I'm not sure what time (he's got class) but we'll probably start at the usual time (between 9 & 10 EST).[/QUOTE]

Nice, count me in for sure.

If this 'Survival' mode is akin to Gears 2's Horde mode then I'm excited to have more excuses to ditch hunting for Zombie Genocidest in favor of completing Mass Effect until Spring. :D

Oh, and there is no way in hell I'm going to touch that mode with randoms.

I finally decided to try out L4D, its in the backlog and i was wanting a change from my usual HD Remix sessions. I have to honestly say i really disliked the game. The graphics are pretty bad right off the bat, it looks cheap, and i dont like how there is no zooming in to shoot. Feels old doom/duke nukem style. I just played some of the single player campaign by myself and just got bored of it. In fact, i turned it off and played that Doritos free game and had a blast, thats one heck of a fun title, cannot believe its free!!!

Im hoping if i hop online with good folks the game gets much better, but as of right now, i pretty much think it sucks. I went back to PoP and it is so polished and modern in comparison. The attention to detail and flow of the game is so much better. I really wanted to love L4D too, since the concept is just great.

Actually it sounds like you disliked the game before you even opened it. Dont get me wrong its your opinion and you can dislike what ever you want but once a guy spends 80% of his time talking about graphics you know he is reaching.

It said you disliked the game which is valid but it sounds like you have no idea why you dislike the game because a comparison to Doom or Duke Nukem barely even makes sense.

I dont think you will have fun playing online if you dont like single player.

I didn't like the game at all after my first playing. But after I got in a good party of people I realized the pure aweseomess of it. Get a good group going and then give it a try.

Left 4 Dead sucks for single-player, it's only worth playing on Live and imo it's the best Live game out, right now.

[quote name='cmart05']Left 4 Dead sucks for single-player, it's only worth playing on Live and imo it's the best Live game out, right now.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. This game was meant to be a multiplayer experience, and it's a blast when you get a good group together on Live.

Just got this from a fellow CAG and I'm looking to play with some people (I know... I know... I'm a bit late)

I've been playing the online versus mode and now I want to go through the campaign mode with a full group. Anyone interested? Just add me to your friends list.

Thanks!

[quote name='Xavin']Now thats just weird.[/QUOTE]

If you just look at the url, you can kind of tell what to expect from that link. Someone had too much time on their hands when going through all the game sounds.

[quote name='Owen']If you just look at the url, you can kind of tell what to expect from that link. Someone had too much time on their hands when going through all the game sounds.[/quote]
I realize that but still lol.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Yet more irrefutable proof Zoey loves the dark meat.[/quote]
lololololololol

Seriously though I loathe Zoey, but got super bored in a party once and tested out her reactions to certain players. Out of all of them not only does her voice get distinctively softer for Louis, but he's the ONLY one she says she'll miss whenever he dies.

It's frickin' hilarious.

how in the heck did the "Almost theerrree, Almost Theeerrreeee" that she sometimes says not make it into that clip?

So I WAS right! Survival is almost exactly like Horde Mode and the DLC is FREE? I don't know how they swung it but Value officially wins at life.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']So I WAS right! Survival is almost exactly like Horde Mode and the DLC is FREE? I don't know how they swung it but Value officially wins at life.[/quote]

haha nice... I hope this is just one of many DLC to come...

[quote name='Trakan']It's probably because it's shit that should have been in the game since launch.[/QUOTE]

Naw, it had more than enough content at release. Obviously Microsoft backed down, as they love every bit of money they can get.

Microsoft - 0

Valve - 1

Good news on the free DLC. Also, I finally managed to get All 4 Dead last night, so now all I have left are Zombie Genocidest and Lamb 2 Slaughter. Looking forward to some good Surival games!

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']Naw, it had more than enough content at release. Obviously Microsoft backed down, as they love every bit of money they can get.

Microsoft - 0

Valve - 1[/QUOTE]

Mmm no. Trakan's right. The game should have come with more. Why the fuck would anyone pay to get ACCESS to shit that you can already play in one mode but not in another? This whole thing should never have been called DLC and instead a "patch" since all it does is give the player more access to features they already paid for. And Survivor mode probably cost them very little. A few lines of code telling the game when and how many Zombies to throw at the player at a certain time on maps they already own should not cost the player any money.

I expect Valve to do this with the Orange Box, if the fabled patch ever comes out for TF2. I expect a free patch that fixes and re-balances the game to match the PC version, but a pay-for-DLC pack of new maps and modes.

Seriously, there's no reason all the maps shouldn't have been playable in all modes at launch.

I hope we get some real DLC besides the new mode.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Seriously, there's no reason all the maps shouldn't have been playable in all modes at launch.
[/quote]
Maybe they didn't have time to polish all the maps to an acceptable level?

Of course since I have the PC version of Left 4 Dead I was never worried about paying for this content. ;)

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']Naw, it had more than enough content at release. Obviously Microsoft backed down, as they love every bit of money they can get.

Microsoft - 0

Valve - 1[/quote]

There's really no excuse as to why they didn't have the other two campaigns available in versus mode. If they weren't finished, the game shouldn't have launched when it did. It wasn't done. I understand they want to get it out for the Holiday, but to ship it unfinished is inexcusable.

I'm also willing to bet those 12 "maps" they're touting are just different spots in each of the 4 campaigns. "Survival" is probably already on the disc already, just needs to be activated.

All shit that should have been available from the start.

Eh I've enjoyed the hell out of L4D despite the crowded holiday season. I couldn't afford to play some other games(I still haven't for some) but the replay value with friends made me pick it over other games. I can wait patiently for the new content; I don't think they've hurt the game itself by releasing it last Fall.

[quote name='Trakan']There's really no excuse as to why they didn't have the other two campaigns available in versus mode. If they weren't finished, the game shouldn't have launched when it did. It wasn't done. I understand they want to get it out for the Holiday, but to ship it unfinished is inexcusable.

I'm also willing to bet those 12 "maps" they're touting are just different spots in each of the 4 campaigns. "Survival" is probably already on the disc already, just needs to be activated.

All shit that should have been available from the start.[/quote]
From what I understand Left 4 Dead had the biggest marketing campaign of any Valve game. I would imagine that pushing the release date back wasn't really a possibility.

And if Valve releases the other two campaigns in Versus mode for free why does it matter if it takes a few months? I would much rather wait a few months for a highly polished versions of the two campaigns then have half assed ones when game comes out. Valve is well known for the high amount of polish their games have, and if they felt the 2 campaigns weren't ready for versus mode then I'm willing to trust their judgment.

I imagine that the survival maps will be modified versions of the existing maps, but I seriously doubt it's already on the disk. Team Fortress 2 has received a bunch of free updates from Valve, and I would imagine this L4D update is just and extension of their TF2 update philosophy.

I agree that it being free is a good thing. I'm not shitting on the fact that it's taking a few months, I'm just saying that everyone who's saying "Valve - 1, MS - 0" and "I'm glad it's free!" that the shit should have been free in the first place.

[quote name='Kaijufan']From what I understand Left 4 Dead had the biggest marketing campaign of any Valve game. I would imagine that pushing the release date back wasn't really a possibility.

And if Valve releases the other two campaigns in Versus mode for free why does it matter if it takes a few months? I would much rather wait a few months for a highly polished versions of the two campaigns then have half assed ones when game comes out. Valve is well known for the high amount of polish their games have, and if they felt the 2 campaigns weren't ready for versus mode then I'm willing to trust their judgment.

I imagine that the survival maps will be modified versions of the existing maps, but I seriously doubt it's already on the disk. Team Fortress 2 has received a bunch of free updates from Valve, and I would imagine this L4D update is just and extension of their TF2 update philosophy.[/quote]

I can attest to that. I saw billboards and buses with L4D plastered on them. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a billboard for a game.

bread's done
Back