Legend of Zelda: OoT 3DS $11.98 @ target YMMV

alburitto

CAGiversary!
Just got back from target and picked up Zelda for 11.98.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere before just thought I'd letting everyone know.
Too good of a deal to pass up.

For those asking, the game was locked up and tagged for 11.98.
Thought it was too good to be true so I asked for a price check. Rang up at 11.98.

I live in Los Angeles and my local target is in Commerce in case anyone lives in the area and wants to stop by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on these. I don't doubt someone hasn't gotten a good deal, but my target never has these amazing deals to speak of. I've checked a few times and I always get the full priced versions.

For the fellow Bay Area folks, no luck from the Targets in Colma nor the one in Tanforan. Just a small peeve of mine, but it would be extremely helpful if people give their locations of their attempts (especially for YMMV deals) instead of just saying "Nothing at my Target."

[quote name='dgwillia006']Because some employees actually do this. The same guy at my closest store for the span of a year would stash damn near everything decent that hit clearance. He even bragged about it sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I think this was the case for me when Kid Icarus went for sale at Best Buy for $14.99 as well, unless there could be an explanation for a widespread sellout of all stock within 100 miles, despite the fact that the sale started only the day before.

Went to two Targets in my area. One in Atlanta, one in Smyrna. Zelda was MSRP but one of them had Kingdom Hearts 3D for $10.06 with the Online Item price tag, so I guess my trip paid off.

Went to my local target today in Sterling VA, the West Sterling store to be exact, and it was MSRP

Hm. I'm about 20 minutes out from the Target OP said he had luck at. Not going to drive over there just for the game, but maybe I'll be in the area.

Sounds like something similar to my store but not as good a game. My closest store has had :3ds: Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games on the shelf tagged for $11.98 for about 6 months now.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I live in uptown Whittier drove up Whittier Blvd to the Commerce Target and picked up my copy of Zelda on Friday for $13.xx after tax. Please let us know if any of these deals popup again. :bouncy:

Has anybody EVER had a game that didn't have a red clearance sticker ring up at one of these clearance prices?

My store had plenty of Zelda behind the glass with the normal $39.99 tag on it, I was going to do a price check just for the hell of it, but just as I was about to go grab an employee I got a call to go pick someone up and had to leave in a hurry. Is it worth my time to even bother going back tomorrow?

I'm assuming everyone finding Zelda at $11 or $13 or whatever are finding these on the clearance endcaps? I've had a few finds from those endcaps, but usually games and blu-rays disappear from clearance within a matter of days (at best) around here.

[quote name='biledriver']Then you're naive and haven't been in retail long. Hiding things so they go through clearance cycles is as old as retail itself. Wise up.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone else think that hey they work there. They deal with your shit all year long. They deserve to get first pick of the good shit.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Has anybody EVER had a game that didn't have a red clearance sticker ring up at one of these clearance prices?

My store had plenty of Zelda behind the glass with the normal $39.99 tag on it, I was going to do a price check just for the hell of it, but just as I was about to go grab an employee I got a call to go pick someone up and had to leave in a hurry. Is it worth my time to even bother going back tomorrow?

I'm assuming everyone finding Zelda at $11 or $13 or whatever are finding these on the clearance endcaps? I've had a few finds from those endcaps, but usually games and blu-rays disappear from clearance within a matter of days (at best) around here.[/QUOTE]

Found Sims 3 for 3$ without a tag.

So I take it this thread should be moved into the "Some clearance deal that's only happening in one store in the universe...pfft...lucky bastards" forum?

[quote name='DiaperDandee']Didn't see Zelda for on clearance but saw 4 or 5 RE Revelations for $13.98...too bad I bought it for $21 a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except Revelations was $9.98 at my store, and I bought it a month ago for $20...hehe

[quote name='Agent Orange']I'm assuming everyone finding Zelda at $11 or $13 or whatever are finding these on the clearance endcaps?[/QUOTE]

Everyone? More like one person at one isolated store. I don't think my stores even carry this anymore after that last sale it was a part of for $20 or b1g1 something...

[quote name='scottman']Everyone? More like one person at one isolated store. I don't think my stores even carry this anymore after that last sale it was a part of for $20 or b1g1 something...[/QUOTE]

I've bought this and it isn't on clearance. It's the price it's being sold at no red just a regular shelf tag

If someone can post a copy of the receipt, maybe we can get them to match it. Until someone else scores, I'm not going to keep driving to Targets...

[quote name='SumPro']Thanks for the heads up OP. I live in uptown Whittier drove up Whittier Blvd to the Commerce Target and picked up my copy of Zelda on Friday for $13.xx after tax. Please let us know if any of these deals popup again. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Where there any more? I'm closer to South County so LA is a little bit of a drive. Thank you.

bread's done
Back