LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one Wal-Mart I usually get lucky at was a MESS, I should have checked the seasonal area at another though. They flip flopped the Lego isle so I'm unsure where all the stock went.

[quote name='prim4444']Next week, TRU will have series 6 mini figures 2 for $5. Some Star Wars sets will also be 30% off.

The following week, Buy 1 get 1 50% off (excludes Star Wars, Friends and Mindstorm)[/QUOTE]

@prim4444, thanks for the info.
Isn't there a limit on the minifigs at TRU? I thought I saw some TRUs post a sign that states there is a limit of x number of minifigs per customer.

[quote name='prim4444']Next week, TRU will have series 6 mini figures 2 for $5. Some Star Wars sets will also be 30% off.

The following week, Buy 1 get 1 50% off (excludes Star Wars, Friends and Mindstorm)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the minifigs. I got all new ones today, genie, roman, and bandit.

So I found a Lego thread on this site.....delicious.

If you have a T.J. Maxx in your area, you need to check them for older sets. I picked up 3 different World Racers sets(Jagged Jaws Reef, Gator Swamp and Wreckage Road) and a City set(Police Chase) which would all normally retail around $130 and I paid $70 for all 4. Their deals are incredible. This isn't the first score I've had there too.

[quote name='kk012']@prim4444, thanks for the info.
Isn't there a limit on the minifigs at TRU? I thought I saw some TRUs post a sign that states there is a limit of x number of minifigs per customer.[/QUOTE]

It pretty much varies by store now on whether they still do or not. My store doesn't have a limit anymore.

[quote name='prim4444']It pretty much varies by store now on whether they still do or not. My store doesn't have a limit anymore.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the fast response. I'm still missing a few minifigs so I'll try to pick up some from TRU next week.

For the Walmart clearance, I encourage everyone to keep checking your stores. One of the stores near me had no newly clearanced Legos until Sunday. I found some POTC The London Escape for $20 on Sunday. Then I found some SW T6 Jedi Starfighters Monday night for $30.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']So I found a Lego thread on this site.....delicious.

If you have a T.J. Maxx in your area, you need to check them for older sets. [/QUOTE]

Huh. Turns out there's a TJ Maxx about ten minutes from me. I'll have to check it out.

I know there have been mixed feelings about the Alien Conquest set, but I like the two sets I put together tonight, especially the Abduction set with the light brick. Very cool. Looking forward to putting the Mothership together. Hope I can my hands on the Earth Defense HQ for cheap eventually.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I know there have been mixed feelings about the Alien Conquest set, but I like the two sets I put together tonight, especially the Abduction set with the light brick. Very cool. Looking forward to putting the Mothership together. Hope I can my hands on the Earth Defense HQ for cheap eventually.[/QUOTE]

That mother ship is too big...we had to take it apart after a day or two because it took up more than half my son's lego table. Too big for my son to play with easily also. The smaller ufo is awesome though...the light actually throws down a crosshair so you can pinpoint the minifig you are abducting!

My walmart just dropped the lighthouse to $30...would have bought it instantly if it went to $20.

Has anyone had good experiences from buying Legos from Amazon Warehouse Deals? For about 10% less, I don't mind the minor packaging damage on the box.

I love Alien Conquest. Takes me back to the old UFO series from the late 90's way back when I was getting interested in LEGOs again. Highlights for me: the detachability of the Tripod ship and its green pod for transporting minifigs; the tractor beam light on the Abduction ship; the detailed alien minifigs like the Commander and Android. Sad that its going away, but I'm sure TLG will bring us some other cool space series this year or next. 2013 is the 35th Anniversary of classic Legoland Space. Fingers crossed for a Space "Legends" lineup. :cool:

[quote name='neonglow']Has anyone had good experiences from buying Legos from Amazon Warehouse Deals? For about 10% less, I don't mind the minor packaging damage on the box.[/QUOTE]
In my experience everything I have gotten was pretty much brand new, except for an older Castle set I received which was supposed to be like new and the box arrived ripped up and looked terrible. They ended up giving me an additional 20% off of that one. Always great getting anything through AWD

[quote name='ackbar7']In my experience everything I have gotten was pretty much brand new, except for an older Castle set I received which was supposed to be like new and the box arrived ripped up and looked terrible. They ended up giving me an additional 20% off of that one. Always great getting anything through AWD[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I've purchased games from there before, but never Lego. Hoping the box won't be any more damaged than the shelf wear I see at retail stores.

[quote name='neonglow']Thanks for the info. I've purchased games from there before, but never Lego. Hoping the box won't be any more damaged than the shelf wear I see at retail stores.[/QUOTE]

Some of the boxes I've gotten from there are in really good condition while others have been pretty beat up. It's a toss up, but they're good with returns too, if you thought it was over-graded.

I too love Alien Conquest. I own 6 of the smallest set. It's an awesome theme, but the mothership sucks.

Struck out at another regular Walmart and a Target. NOTHING on clearance even at the Target that s making itself semiSuper Target.

Yeah, I saw the new SW sets at Target, as well. Definitely see myself picking up most of them at some point.

Not a lot of love for the Mothership at all, I see. Why don't you guys like it? I'm wondering if I wanna return it now.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, I saw the new SW sets at Target, as well. Definitely see myself picking up most of them at some point.

Not a lot of love for the Mothership at all, I see. Why don't you guys like it? I'm wondering if I wanna return it now.[/QUOTE]

You can't beat it for $30, my only complaints are that the set is huge! I wish the middle compartment was bigger considering it's called the "mothership".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']You can't beat it for $30, my only complaints are that the set is huge! I wish the middle compartment was bigger considering they call the "mothership".[/QUOTE]

That's actually the reason I didn't buy it for $30. I think it's an awesome set, I was just disappointed at the size of the main compartment. When I was a kid, I had this set http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6975_Alien_Avenger which is what a mothership should look like

I found a lot of series 6 minifigures. I only opened up the lady liberty one saw far. $4 at TRU and $3 at Target. I saw the new star wars sets my son liked them also. I need 6 more.

Picked up a couple of sets this week. Had a major jackpot at T.J. Maxx yesterday that I mentioned earlier. I'm going to have to make them a regular stop on my Lego runs.

Went to the Lego Store in King of Prussia today. My boys have never been there and we spent a good amount of time there. Picked up the Dino Defense HQ. It's MASSIVE and the dinosaurs that come with it are great. My youngest hasn't let the T-Rex leave his side all day.

Also got a shipment from Lego.com today. Got the City Off Road Fire Truck & Fire Boat(7213) for 35% off. And at K-Mart I got the Atlantis set Atlantis Exploration HQ(8077) for $37, down from $50. I love those Atlantis sets and I only need 3 or 4 more to complete the theme.

Hit up your Wal-Mart thecoryjihad, if it already hasn't been cleared out you will find a nice surprise. All the Atlantis sets I've seen there were 50% off.

My local walmart dropped some clearance prices this morning.

I got Kreo Optimus Prime for $20...straight drop from $60.

Light house dropped to $20 from $30 in just 3 days.

Jedi shuttle dropped to $20 from $60.

And I got a non-lego Darth Vader Gumball machine for $3 down from $15.

Picked up doubles of these sets and finished my son and nephews' upcoming b-days.

Good hunting.

[quote name='skiizim']Hit up your Wal-Mart thecoryjihad, if it already hasn't been cleared out you will find a nice surprise. All the Atlantis sets I've seen there were 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the headsup. I cleaned my Wal-Marts out of Atlantis sets a while ago. The sets I need are all on Amazon and relatively cheap. I'll most likely get this before the month is out. Yay tax season!

Damn you all and your Kmarts!!!! I guess I have to go back to my spot, I've been to almost all the local Wal-Marts around me and they have been crap!!!!

My K-Mart is a shithole. Utter shithole. I was lucky when I went in there on a whim because my wife was shopping in Salvation Army next door and noticed that they had some sets I couldn't find, like my Atlantis Explorer HQ. Strangely enough, they're also the only local store that has the Series 6 minifigs. And that includes Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us.

The Alien Conquest theme has been some what underrated, imo. The AC Defense HQ is just tons of cool. You get a huge trailer truck that can split to two with a mini defense fighter mounted on the top. And I must admit, the aliens weren't very appealing. But once I assembled the alien ship in the Defense HQ set, I had to get more.

[quote name='180husher']My local walmart dropped some clearance prices this morning.

I got Kreo Optimus Prime for $20...straight drop from $60.

Light house dropped to $20 from $30 in just 3 days.

Jedi shuttle dropped to $20 from $60.

And I got a non-lego Darth Vader Gumball machine for $3 down from $15.

Picked up doubles of these sets and finished my son and nephews' upcoming b-days.

Good hunting.[/QUOTE]

Wow, my walmart is terrible in comparison. I wish I could get the lighthouse or t6 for $20

Does anyone wanna work something out for the extra 2 PoP Desert Attack sets I got at KMart last year? I picked up 3, figuring if I ever got into the theme, I could use the extra characters. Never did, though. Hell, if you want, you can have the other DA set and the Ostrich Race, too.

My Walmart had series 6 in but nothing else on clearance. I managed to get a Statue of Liberty and the space girl aka Samus in pink.

The Statue of Liberty is pretty easy to feel out for with the slope dress. Samus was a little tougher, but once I found the light saber, I just had to feel around for the helmet and visor.

Two Walmarts and two Targets in two days had nothing! :(

The AC Mothership should have had a few little ships that attached to the "wing". Why make it so big and call it a mothership when it's just a tiny UFO with a big circle around it?

I'm really sad to see the theme end. I think it would have been cool to see some more Earth fighters, an alien moon base, some more alien fighter type spaceships, some alien land units. I think it's the first theme in which aliens invaded the Earth and it was great.

It's sad to see there is no Space theme this year but let's hope next year has one that doesn't take place on Mars. The great thing with Space is it's different. City and Castle are redos all the time, Space is different every other year.

I'm hoping for a Fire and Ice Planet theme. I miss Ice Planet, and adding Fire would give them someone to fight with.

Ice Planet was awesome! I still have my old Ice Planet sets. I'm working on rebuilding them as we speak. My favorite is the Deep Freeze Defender.

I wish I still had the baseplate to their base though. It's been lost during my many moves from then to now.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']What are you looking for?[/QUOTE]

From series 6 I am looking for the robot but really any extra minifigs you have to trade, just let me know what you have

Let me double check when I get home, I was going through all my minifigures last night and can't remember if I have that one or not.

Wow, found a T6 shuttle at another Walmart today. Best LEGO streak I've had in a long time.

Oh, and bigdaddy, I agree totally about the Mothership. It would have been epic if they actually put something around it. As much as I actually do like the set (well, at least at half off :) ), it does look silly. It's the same size as the Abduction ship, just with a massive ring around it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, found a T6 shuttle at another Walmart today. Best LEGO streak I've had in a long time.

[/QUOTE]

T6 are warming the shelves here.

[quote name='iflabs']T6 are warming the shelves here.[/QUOTE]

Had a ton here, too. Didn't see any at the one where I got my big score, though, so I was happy to come across them, especially seeing as you get 4 Jedi figures.

[quote name='donniedroc']How much is walmart selling te shuttle for, if I can find it?[/QUOTE]

$60, but some have them at $30. There is still 2-3 left here at the $30 price despite other sets having been cleaned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back