LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new ghost, the glow-in-the-dark color seems to be better than the 90s version. However I think I still like the old shape more. I might have to buy another ghost poly.

Let me vent some of my frustration with ToysRUs.com. After missing several of their sales due to financial issues, I finally have some money saved and was ready for the annual Fall B2G1 sale. Planned it carefully, put items in my cart, set my alarm, etc. But TRU doesn't seem to want my money, because every damn thing I want is mysteriously excluded from the sale. Even the Maersk train! Oh of course other trains are part of the sale, but not the one damn train I wanted. And the Volkswagen bus too? Dammit!

Dude, that always happens.

Actually, this may be the best b2g1 they've had in a while as most everything doesn't have the TRU mark-up...at least for now.

Yeah, LOL, after thinking about it, I did go back and ordered some exclusive items that weren't marked up (Funhouse, Robber's Hideout). I was just hoping to finally get those modular buildings and other large sets. I almost did the 2 Jabba's Palace and City Garage combo, but shipping and tax plus the fact that I don't need 2 palaces killed it. I imagine shipping would have killed a modular building order too, so I'm not too upset anymore, LOL.

The sale looks to exclude all Lego 1xxxx sets, known as direct to consumer sets as they are designed to be limited distribution from LEGO. You generally do not find these on retail shelves besides LEGO Brand Retail and some high end TRUs such as the Times Square location. In the past couple years they have allowed more and more of the big retailers to offer these sets online. Unfortunate, but am not surprised at all these are excluded now.

I would have to agree than you can get most sets B2G1 Free including Star Wars which is almost always excluded. I am more than happy with this sale.

does this sale run in-store?

i know the winter village sets are not eligible online, but if they were in my local TRU (times square) would they be eligible? the T&C said that "additional online exclusions apply" which kind of seems to indicate they might work in store. anyone know?

The sale does run in store. We just picked up the Monster Fighters Crazy Scientist Lab, City Fire Plane and Alien Conquest Mothership along with 9 series 8 minifigs in store. As a side note - does any one know a good forums/site for minifig trading? We have a few multiples we need to swap out (DJs, football player, cheerleader, Shakespeare and I think a Flamenco Dancer from the prior set).

TRU's "Free shipping over $50" is only really "free" if the cost of shipping is under $20, because that is all they cover. Shipping 3 large sets to me is over $50, so I still would have to pay over $30 in shipping. By the way, prices are now jacked back up again.

I picked up some series 8 minifigs this morning in the B2G1. Wish i would have caught the sale online before the prices went up again. Ah well, back to the clearance bin for me.

[quote name='Pirate331']I've checked Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, and K-Mart... No series 8 or ghosts anywhere. WTF, Lego? Why do you hate New Orleans?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because they have Drew Brees on their fantasy football team. Only 22 fantasy points, really?

Ended up matching the TRU sale at Walmart when TRU refused to sell the sets for the price currently listed on their site, telling me that the Dino HQ is supposed to be 129, and the website is really just a storefront for Amazon (or some other crazy off the cuff excuse) so they're not bound by those prices...:roll:

Anyways, got the City Police Station & Dino HQ, for the kids, and the Monster Fighters Castle for myself, for 59.99 each, so that it came out to the same deal.

So I actually had a very enjoyable customer experience over the phone with TRU right now .. When the lady answered the phone the first thing I mentioned was that I knew they were honoring the buy 2 get 3rd for some people on items that were excluded .. And that I was simply asking for the same. I told her that I was not wanting to take advantage like others buying the ds, ssd, or imperial shuttle. I just simply wanted 3 sets that were $50 each. Well after only a 10 minute wait she gave me a code for $50 off my purchase and I was able to pick up the 2 winter village sets and the y wing for pretty much the sam deal. My advise is to be courteous to the reps and they will help you out.

[quote name='180husher']Maybe because they have Drew Brees on their fantasy football team. Only 22 fantasy points, really?[/QUOTE]
Drew's been solid both games... just that his defense isn't carrying their share of the weight.

Tried Target again today; finally found plenty of ghosts (and friends skateboard sets if you're into them) in the freshly stocked halloween isle, and an untouched display of series 8 figs in the action figure isle; got 4 ghosts, 2 cheerleaders, 2 guys in lederhosen, 2 robots, a man-bat, a diver, and santa. Now TRU just needs to have the zombie polybag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back