LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='180husher']Target website has a couple of $5 off certain lego sets coupons.[/QUOTE]

I had stated that about a week ago that Target had 4 $5 off coupons. some of them are better than others, and that SW set is cheap.

[quote name='prim4444']So the ad came in a week early.

Week of 9/16

Buy 2 get 3rd free all Lego construction sets and board games.
(Excludes Ninjago, Technic, video games &accessories)[/QUOTE]

Would this include minifigures????

[quote name='cassidyarch']Struck out on the Ghost polybag at Target. Found where they were supposed to be (Halloween special aisle) but they had been cleaned out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Max Power']My target got the wrong item. Gave them the dpci number, employee went back to check and came back saying "box was full of toothpaste". Looks like they screwed up the order. Total waist if gas and time.[/QUOTE]

Drop date isn't till the 9th, if they put them out early.... well luck be with you.

I'm hoping at least the two Targets I have will have it.... :pray:

Not LEGO, but I thought these K'nex minifigures were pretty cool looking, and only $9.99 (@Target). And yes, Gene's bass has blood splatters. They include a display base and cardboard backdrop that inserts into it:

picture.php

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Not LEGO, but I thought these K'nex minifigures were pretty cool looking, and only $9.99 (@Target). And yes, Gene's bass has blood splatters. They include a display base and cardboard backdrop that inserts into it:

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

I want that beatles one

I got a couple of those $5 off coupons for Kreo Transformers from TRU. I used one at Target over my lunch break (since Target's prices on the sets I want are a couple bucks lower anyway) and had an odd thing happen.

The checker and her manager happened to be chit-chatting when I walked up to buy the set. I presented the coupon and the checker and manager had a brief conversation in Spanish before she went ahead and accepted the coupon. Although the coupon is clearly a manufacturer's coupon, they both believed it to be a Toys R Us coupon and didn't expect the Target register to accept it.

Of course it worked and I saved my $5. But thought this was odd enough to warrant a heads-up to fellow CAGs.

[quote name='demonchylde']I got a couple of those $5 off coupons for Kreo Transformers from TRU. I used one at Target over my lunch break (since Target's prices on the sets I want are a couple bucks lower anyway) and had an odd thing happen.

The checker and her manager happened to be chit-chatting when I walked up to buy the set. I presented the coupon and the checker and manager had a brief conversation in Spanish before she went ahead and accepted the coupon. Although the coupon is clearly a manufacturer's coupon, they both believed it to be a Toys R Us coupon and didn't expect the Target register to accept it.

Of course it worked and I saved my $5. But thought this was odd enough to warrant a heads-up to fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I've found the coupons on Kreo sets at Target. BTW those coupons are now nonexistent around me despite an abundance of Kreo sets they were once attached to as well as others. Seems like people have just peeled all they could find.

[quote name='Percy Harvin']I want that beatles one[/QUOTE]

How's the plastic/print quality on these? Were there any other bands? I may have to get some.

[quote name='cassidyarch']How's the plastic/print quality on these? Were there any other bands? I may have to get some.[/QUOTE]

No just those 2 sets so far. They were set up in display boxes with corresponding artwork for each set. 8 sets per display. I haven't opened them yet to check the plastic quality, but unfortunatey it appears as if the printing is actually decals, and on the guitars too. :( There are a few quality issues to watch out for, as the printing on these stickers (if that's what they are) was sometimes a little askew. Stickers or printing, I'm still keeping them because I like rock bands and minifigures. I'll just be careful not to handle them too much.

Stickers? Aww, man, I was hoping for a fluke: well made figures from somebody besides LEGO. (Playmobil does a nice job too--I'd kill for these in Playmobil) if LEGO ever resorts to stickers on minifigs I'm OUT.

Actually, I do have a few sets with sticker torsos--those Factory "Fan-Designed" Space Skulls and Space Defenders sets. from a few years back. Ugh. Keep the stickers away from the figs.

Me and Lego have not had a good time lately. I don't have much free space so I figured I'll just get the Superheroes Polybags. So far I have the Batman Jetski and the Gamestop Lex Luthor. When Toys R us advertised the free Thor & the Cosmic Cube I decided to add that to the collection and went looking for one. On the Sunday that offer happened I went to two TRUs, both were sold out. The next day I went to two more, both sold out again. The dude at one of the TRUs said a guy came in and got almost 30 Thors...using the free offer! He did separate transactions each over $50. So...some guy spent over $1,500 on Legos? Crazy.

I've now checked 4 K-Marts and none of them have the Deadpool / Wolverine / Magneto set on clearance. At this point I'm feeling kinda defeated...but then...

This:

picture.php

The Batcave was marked down from $69.97 to $30.00, Joker $14.97 to $10.00 and the Batmobile $49.97 to $25.00 (I cut that price off in the pic). They were in the clearance aisle and just one of each, in the Lego aisle there was an empty space for the Batmobile but no space for the Joker or Batcave.

I didn't really want a set as big as the batcave, but at that price I couldn't pass it up. Plus, Batmobile! Wooo!

At Walmart today I got a couple of Capt America Cycle sets at $6 each, $7 City Patrol car and a $7 Dino ambush attack. I also saw the Batcave but it was marked $49, a Batmobile marked at $30 and a Quinjet marked at $46, didn't pick those up though.
Wife went to the Lego store for me and got the halloween accessory set and the rock band set.

I found CMF Series 8 at my Walmart today. My store has a bunch of clearance toys out in the garden center and they had the vertical box that goes on an endcap but it was laying on one of the shelves. They were not on clearance though. I grabbed a Santa, Diver, Evil Robot, and Conquistador. I think I went through the entire box and I couldn't find an Actor, the last one I need for the set.

Would anyone be interested in trading an Actor for either a Cheerleader, Alien Queen or Cowgirl? I have extras of those. Found it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cassidyarch']Stickers? Aww, man, I was hoping for a fluke: well made figures from somebody besides LEGO. (Playmobil does a nice job too--I'd kill for these in Playmobil) if LEGO ever resorts to stickers on minifigs I'm OUT.

Actually, I do have a few sets with sticker torsos--those Factory "Fan-Designed" Space Skulls and Space Defenders sets. from a few years back. Ugh. Keep the stickers away from the figs.[/QUOTE]

Lego used to use stickers on their figs though, back when the mini figs first came out in the 70s. I still have a bunch of those old mini figs with the police fireman and other stickers on the chests/torsos

[quote name='El Rey']Wife went to the Lego store for me and got the halloween accessory set and the rock band set.[/QUOTE]

Just looked these both up on the website...wow...I think I'll be placing my first order with them. zombie, ghost, and a full-size drumset!?! Odd choice that they went with a brickbuilt guitar rather than the new LEGO guitar piece (not to mention the ill-fitting white rapper).

Of course, they're still missing one thing...DJ Le'go!

DJLegosmall.jpg

I'm now unemployeed (my summer job ended) and homeless so I'm staying with my mom this week, a friend next week, and a different friend the week after that.

So while at my mom's house I see an old LEGO box in a bag. I'm curious and take a peak, it's a Pirate set, number 6279. It's in it's box, has a $15 price sticker on it. I take a closer look...

It's sealed.

My mom found a 16 year old Pirate set that was $50 when it came out for $15.

I love my mom. :lol:

Went to Target this morning to try and find the Ghost Polybag and it turns out my lame Target still doesn't have the Halloween stuff set up in the Seasonal section; it's still back-to-school stuff. I didn't want to go home with nothing so I bought the Monster Fighters Werewolf set.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm now unemployeed (my summer job ended) and homeless so I'm staying with my mom this week, a friend next week, and a different friend the week after that.

So while at my mom's house I see an old LEGO box in a bag. I'm curious and take a peak, it's a Pirate set, number 6279. It's in it's box, has a $15 price sticker on it. I take a closer look...

It's sealed.

My mom found a 16 year old Pirate set that was $50 when it came out for $15.

I love my mom. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool, I remember getting that set for Christmas when I was a kid. How and where did she get it? Thrift store?

[quote name='Max Power']Guess I will ask again. Was anyone able to get/find the Zombie coffin poly at TRU? I can't find any.[/QUOTE]

It's not out yet. Hopefully soon.

I've seen series 8 at the Walmart in No. Reading too. All I'm looking for is Santa, but I didn't have time to go through them all. They also had a few sets at around 30% off, some of the space and city sets and others.

[quote name='Voodoo_Lou']It's not out yet. Hopefully soon.[/QUOTE]

I guess that could be the reason why I haven't seen any. I thought I read that it was available online at some point though. Looks like more waiting. Tempted to get the other set from s@h now.

Anyone got any extra thor polys? Looking for that too.

I went to Target looking for the ghost poly bag but they didn't have it, didn't see any new polys at TRU either, but I did get the last Lloyd ZX spinner (lucky!) at TRU. Overpaid for it at 14.49 but from what I hear, they're pretty hard to find. Then at the Lego store I got the Halloween set. It comes with a witch, a zombie, a ghost, and a grave. At $15 it's all right because I'm not going to spend money on the Mosnters sets so I'm pretty happy.

[quote name='encendido5']I've seen series 8 at the Walmart in No. Reading too. All I'm looking for is Santa, but I didn't have time to go through them all. They also had a few sets at around 30% off, some of the space and city sets and others.[/QUOTE]

Santa is a tough one to feel IMO. I found it by feeling the small beard.

My Target had series 8 today. They were in the regular aisle instead of by the Halloween section. Found the Actor to finish my set.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Santa is a tough one to feel IMO. I found it by feeling the small beard.

My Target had series 8 today. They were in the regular aisle instead of by the Halloween section. Found the Actor to finish my set.[/QUOTE]

Was pretty easy for us. I think we felt for the bag.

Went to Target last night and picked up a few of the ghost poly bags along with the k'nex Beatles minifigs. Really like the little clock in the polybag, and one can't have enough ghosts really.
Also had the best dumpster diving at work yesterday. Where I work shares a dumpster with B&N and someone had taken the box of returns and set it out next to the dumpster and on top of that was 7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator with a note on it that it was missing one piece. Looks like an employee also took out the minifigs as well, but hey, free is free and I couldn't resist taking that home just for some extra pieces.

[quote name='ackbar7']Also had the best dumpster diving at work yesterday. Where I work shares a dumpster with B&N and someone had taken the box of returns and set it out next to the dumpster and on top of that was 7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator with a note on it that it was missing one piece. Looks like an employee also took out the minifigs as well, but hey, free is free and I couldn't resist taking that home just for some extra pieces.[/QUOTE]
When I worked for the Lego Store, I could not believe how many sets we just threw away because they were opened customer returns. An entire Shuttle Expedition (10231) sticks out as the worst offender. Then a very irate woman returned an open Lego City Truck (3221); the rear set of wheels on the trailer is held onto the trailer by one of those 2x2 plates w/ the technic stud in the middle, plugged into like a 2x6 plate w/ 3 technic holes down the middle. Her son, probably about 8, had put a regular 2x6 plate there instead (which obviously didn't hold the wheels in place) and used the technic plate elsewhere in the trailer. #-oA master builder, he was not. Naturally, I didn't figure out the error until after they'd left, so I set the now fully-functional set on the backroom desk and never saw it again after that shift.

Oh man, dumpster diving. Do I have to check out the Barnes and Noble dumpster now? If so, how often?

Found some clearanced Ultimate Build Maters at Walmart for $11.

My Target is being annoyingly slow with the School to Halloween switch. They're stuck at 30% for all clearance school items, and it's keeping back half of the Halloween stock from appearing on the floor...including my ghost clock LEGO poly. :oldman:

Picked up the Haunted House at the local LEGO store last night, also got the zombie chauffeur mini set for free, kinda cool, and grabbed the Halloween minifigure 3 pack. Good times to get in the Halloween spirit this year.

[quote name='etcrane']Picked up the Haunted House at the local LEGO store last night, also got the zombie chauffeur mini set for free, kinda cool, and grabbed the Halloween minifigure 3 pack. Good times to get in the Halloween spirit this year.[/QUOTE]

Let us know how the House turns out. My kids and I were interested when we saw it in the catalog (what's the zombie cooking, Daddy?), but I wasn't sure it was worth the price tag.

I also picked up the Halloween pack and enough other stuff to get the free zombie polybag at the Glendale Lego Store last week. I've got a neat little Halloween display in my cube at work now. If I could just find the Monster Fighters zombie attack set, I'd be a very happy geek.

[quote name='demonchylde']Let us know how the House turns out. My kids and I were interested when we saw it in the catalog (what's the zombie cooking, Daddy?), but I wasn't sure it was worth the price tag.
[/QUOTE]

I know you weren't asking me but I picked up the haunted house at the lego store the day they went on sale. I had been looking forward to it ever since that quick glimpse was leaked earlier this year. Collecting creator houses is what got me back into Lego and when I saw the news of this I knew I had to have it. Worth every penny in my opinion and its probably not only one of my favorite lego sets of all time but one of my favorite toys/collectibles of all time. Highly reccomended!

[quote name='Antdogg50']Toys r us is going to be having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on Lego sets starting the 16th. I'm not too sure about the restrictions.[/QUOTE]

As a reminder, the restrictions

[quote name='prim4444']So the ad came in a week early.

Week of 9/16

Buy 2 get 3rd free all Lego construction sets and board games.
(Excludes Ninjago, Technic, video games &accessories)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maskim']Can the B2G1 sale be used in conjunction with holiday layaway?[/QUOTE]

I do believe so, as long as you start the layaway while the sale is active.

[quote name='prim4444']I do believe so, as long as you start the layaway while the sale is active.[/QUOTE]
Very cool. I'll be checking on it, and let you all know whether it works or not.

Found the ghost polybag at target yesterday. only one of five targets i stopped at had them though. most had series 8 minifigs so i completed my set. also picked up 70+ minifigs, 70+ weapons/accesories and 70+ hats/helmets last weekend for $30 at a flea market. mix of random pirates, castle, city, space, and old ninja looking minifigs. dont know if that was a good price or not but they were sets i collect anyways and i know ive lost some minifigs and weapons over the years.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Found the ghost polybag at target yesterday. only one of five targets i stopped at had them though. most had series 8 minifigs so i completed my set. also picked up 70+ minifigs, 70+ weapons/accesories and 70+ hats/helmets last weekend for $30 at a flea market. mix of random pirates, castle, city, space, and old ninja looking minifigs. dont know if that was a good price or not but they were sets i collect anyways and i know ive lost some minifigs and weapons over the years.[/QUOTE]
Complete minifigs for

YMMV on getting it to work with the B2G1, but there are TRU coupons online, expiring tomorrow unfortunately, for 30% off various Lego Star Wars construction sets. Elite Clone Trooper Battle Pack, Hoth Echo Base, Sebulba's Pod Racer, Genosian Cannon, TIE Interceptor, Gold Leader's Y Wing, and Naboo Starfighter. The Y Wing was also on sale in store. Might be worth trying to get the 3 planet pod sets for even cheaper today or tomorrow.

Also, there are coupons for B1G160% off all Erector Gears of War and Sonic Construction sets, as well as all KRE-O construction sets. Oh and the NanoBlock sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back