LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent sale at Fred Meyer this week. 20% off toy purchase of $20 or more that also stacks with 10% off home coupon. Picked up some series 8 figures. Really tempted to get the Monster Hunter train, if they had the Vampire castle I would be unable to resist.

Just built ghost train with my daughter this weekend...cool set but it's going to be a headache to put this thing on tracks let alone motorizing it. But that's probably why I got it!;)

Is the TRU online ad screwed up for everybody else too? I see one page that says $10 off $50 Lego purchase. But then there is a coupon for $15 off $50 Lego purchase, but it links to a diaper coupon???

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up. Went to Target and got Ninjago Lasha's Bite Cycle for 20 with the coupon. Wanted to pick this up at about this price because I didn't really want to pay 25 for it.

[quote name='180husher']
Is the TRU online ad screwed up for everybody else too? I see one page that says $10 off $50 Lego purchase. But then there is a coupon for $15 off $50 Lego purchase, but it links to a diaper coupon???[/QUOTE]

There are three different markets for this weeks ad.

First is the regular printed ad with sale prices, like the one you are seeing with the $10 off purchase.

Second market has an ad with coupon only prices. All sale prices in the ad will require coupons. When these markets check the ad online, they will get the $15 coupon offer, they will never see the $10 off offer.

Third market doesn't even get an ad. They are in the dark as far as sales go.

I think I saw this mentioned earlier but without details:

At Costco (YMMV*) they currently have two-packs of Kre-o for $21.99. There are two different kinds: Megatron with Sideswipe and Starscream with Prowl.

Also at Costco (YMMV*) they have a special three-pack of Ninjago goodness for $45. The set includes the blue fighter jet, red motorcycle, and a two spinners with multiple weapons each.

Depending on whether or not you missed out on/even wanted these sets, this could be a cheap way to pick them up as opposed to Target clearance.

*Your mileage may vary because a friend of mine not in California reported different pricing on these same sets and we should all know by now how quickly items like these come and go at Costco.

Crap load of clearance Lego at my local K-mart. Most sets, high and low MSRP sets, were all marked down less than a buck. I assume (hope & :pray:) this means 40-50% off all clearance toys is coming this holiday weekend.

I was at the King of Prussia, PA Super Wal-Mart tonight, and they had the Lego NinjaGo Destiny's Bounty, $54 marked down from $79.99.

Only reason I didn't get one is that it wouldn't fit in my carry on back to Florida.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Crap load of clearance Lego at my local K-mart. Most sets, high and low MSRP sets, were all marked down less than a buck. I assume (hope & :pray:) this means 40-50% off all clearance toys is coming this holiday weekend.[/QUOTE]

Same situation at my Kmart. Fingers crossed. Last time Kmart had a big toy clearance I cleaned up.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Crap load of clearance Lego at my local K-mart. Most sets, high and low MSRP sets, were all marked down less than a buck. I assume (hope & :pray:) this means 40-50% off all clearance toys is coming this holiday weekend.[/QUOTE]

Any Super Heroes sets on clearance?

[quote name='El Rey']Any Super Heroes sets on clearance?[/QUOTE]

Only noticed a small avengers set, I think it was Captain America's Avenging Cycle (6865), and the Bioncle / Hero Factory sized Hulk (4530). That Hulk is terrible looking.

My kmart has all three bionicle looking marvels sets, the wolverine set, and the captain america set all on clearance. i have also seen sponge bob, creator sets, the triceratops dino set, the fire airplane, small star wars planets, and the tie fighter on clearance at various kmarts. they seem to have reset the lego isle and there is a separate section of leftover harry potter, potc, and various other sets away from the main section that are not marked clearance yet.

does anyone know which day kmart usually start the 50% additional off? Do they mark it down on friday, saturday, sunday?

How did they manage to do this? I looked at the displays at my Target and the plastic on the sides feels super hard. It would be pretty difficult to cut it without someone (or cameras) noticing. Also, there is a sticker on top that says it is protected by electronic security. Perhaps an alarm sounds when opened? Like priceless art? Lol. Or maybe it just prevents the whole display from being removed through the front doors by sounding an alarm. I suspect it was an inside job by a night employee. Getting these in broad daylight seems impossible. I hate LEGO thieves - I have a bitch of a time finding Star Wars sets that haven't been tampered with, and lo and behold there is an eBay seller in my area who sells tons of multiples of loose SW minifigs. Hmmmm... :whistle2:x

[quote name='karkyco']
Took a couple of pics at the Target near me of this to share with you folks, some dirtbag thief popped out or cut open the side of those plastic/acrylic display cases with the Marvel and DC minifig display and took all he/she could probably reach. The bum(s) apparently couldn't get Thor and the Hulk.

4CA3C3EC-BEFA-4B61-B435-2F1654313652-850-0000017042DEACE7.jpg

08F7DBE1-6F35-4708-8BD7-FC5BD7CFE4F1-850-000001703B56A53B.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I got some more lego minifigures today. I have 8 now. Very easy to feel what is in the bag. TRU guy asked if I needed help, and told me they were having a sale on Lego. I said Lego cost more here I don't think it is a good deal. He told me minifigures are just tiny little pieces buy a bigger set. LOL

Over the weekend I went to TRU and picked up series 8 conquistador, pirate, fairy and vampire bat and they all rang up at $3.19 as opposed to the usual $3.49

[quote name='absolut3']does anyone know which day kmart usually start the 50% additional off? Do they mark it down on friday, saturday, sunday?[/QUOTE]

I think Kmart might do it on a Friday.... They usually have, but only went on a Saturday.

This weekend should be it, since it's a holiday and it's been like 6+ weeks from the last one.

Picked up Alien Abduction, the big ass hogwarts castle, and a copy of New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS at goodwill today. The legos were sealed but with all the damn target/goodwill stickers all over it.

Went to K-mart today; all of the clearance, though not marked, is 20% off the clearance price. Picked up the little Death Star/tie fighter planet pack for $5.60 (on clearance for $7).

They also had Series 8 (along with 2 full endcaps of Series 6???). Without any real pictures or display box it was really hard to start finding what I was looking for, but I eventually found the DJ, manbat, and Bioshock diver.

If I had known when I was looking feeling that the evil robot has pointy top corners and that the alien is actually in a dress I would have had them as well...

The cowgirl has the most annoying-shaped parts that I've ever felt.

K-Mart's 20% off all toy clearance runs through Labor Day. Nothing too exciting, still ended up spending a decent amount though.

Yeah, 20% off at Kmart. Picked up Spongebob's Glove World for $13.

Yep, Glove World.

Other sets on CLEARANCE shelf: The twin-rotor Forest Cops Chopper, a Sith Infiltrator, Cars 2 sets and Heroica. Also Glove World.

[quote name='Kerig']Went to K-mart today; all of the clearance, though not marked, is 20% off the clearance price. Picked up the little Death Star/tie fighter planet pack for $5.60 (on clearance for $7).
[/QUOTE]

It's bizarre, I've been to two K-Marts now and both of them have had those for full price of $9.99. I scanned them at both stores too.

The only stuff I've found on clearance has been the Geonosis Starfighter for $21 and one store had that buildable Batman for $11. Other than that, nothing.

A friend on a different forum told me a K-Mart a bit further out had some of the Lego Marvel sets on clearance, like the Deadpool / Wolverine chopper and the Captain America set, but it all scans full price here. Everything listed in the post above me was full price too.

[quote name='animalspinners']A friend on a different forum told me a K-Mart a bit further out had some of the Lego Marvel sets on clearance, like the Deadpool / Wolverine chopper and the Captain America set, but it all scans full price here. Everything listed in the post above me was full price too.[/QUOTE]

If I remember right, all K-Mart clearance should be nation wide, except maybe some NYC area ones? I thin each store has to do some sort of register reset to pick up price updates though. The Wolverine and Cpt. America set were both on clearance for me.

Here's what I picked up (the ugly hero sets will be X-mas gifts for nephews):

• 3365 Space Moon Buggy $2
  • 4427 City Fire ATV $4
  • 4562 Ultrabuild Batman $11.20
  • 4527 Ultrabuild Joker $11.20
  • 4530 Hulk $11.20
  • 4597 Captain America $11.20
  • 7291 Creator 3 in 1 Rebel (Dirtbike) $12
  • 7292 Creator Propeller Adventures $15.20
  • 6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle $9.60
  • 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown $15.20
  • 3860 Herioca Fortaan $22.40

Yea, I figured something like that was happening... it sucks that no K-Mart near me is activating the right prices. The closest store has everything you listed but it's all at full MSRP.

My girlfriend is at the K-Mart further out and found these on clearance as well:

Lego City 7279 (The ATM Robber set): $7.20

And then some of the other stuff listed here like the Captain America set and the Lego Planets. Not a bad haul overall. It's a shame it wasn't 50% off but 20% still isn't bad.

So, I gotta give my 10 year old the kudos for this one.

We were looking at the K-Mart lego clearance, and noticed the Kre-o Transformers on clearance (for example, Sentinel Prime for $14.80). As I was scanning legos for unmarked Lego clearance, he found a couple of peelable coupons in the newer Kre-o transformer kits. They said '$5 off any $15 or more Kre-o purchase.'

I knew i was bluring the legality of the coupon with Sentinel Prime at $14.80, but found the Kre-o Mirage for $3.40. I used the coupon with no problem, and walked out with both of them for 12.80+tax.

Before anyone cries foul, note the peelie said 'any Kre-o' not 'this kre-o.' The coupon was intended for use for a Kre-o transaction, and K-Mart will get reimbursed by Hasbro for the coupon.

[quote name='prim4444']FYI, week of 9/16, TRU will be having their B2G1 sale.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, hope it works for the minifigure display cases

[quote name='prim4444']FYI, week of 9/16, TRU will be having their B2G1 sale.[/QUOTE]

Im new to lego collecting. Can you give me more specifics on this sale? Is there a dollar range or certain sets this will work only on. Thank you for your help.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Im new to lego collecting. Can you give me more specifics on this sale? Is there a dollar range or certain sets this will work only on. Thank you for your help.[/QUOTE]

It usually doesn't include Star Wars, Friends, and probably LotR. Prim will give you better details.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Im new to lego collecting. Can you give me more specifics on this sale? Is there a dollar range or certain sets this will work only on. Thank you for your help.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddy']It usually doesn't include Star Wars, Friends, and probably LotR. Prim will give you better details.[/QUOTE]

Star Wars, Friends and Super Heroes are current restrictions on BOGOs. I don't recall there being a BOGO since LotR came out so I don't know about that being an exclusion. I won't know until sometime early next week when I see the ad. Otherwise everything else is fair game.

[quote name='demonchylde']I think I saw this mentioned earlier but without details:

At Costco (YMMV*) they currently have two-packs of Kre-o for $21.99. There are two different kinds: Megatron with Sideswipe and Starscream with Prowl.
[/QUOTE]

Damn it, I thought I was going to get the jump on the Costco Kreon TF double packs. Although I didn't see the Megatron/Sideswipe one, only Starscream/Prowl. I need that damn Sideswipe. But I did spot those Kreon minifig blind packs like I told you about a few days ago. Sucks there are only 6 different ones apparently, and not enough classic G1s. Also saw the "Save $5 on any Kreon purchase $15 or more" stickers on a couple of the newer Kreon sets (Battleship, Transformers, and other) at that TRU...was considering using it on the blind packs.

D4822E55-31B2-42C0-A9AD-F5D04EBA3215-93-00000001AE799B4D.jpg

Within the last couple days I picked up - ghost clock polybag, series 8 businessman and actor, owl buildable figure, Captain America Avenging cycle, Catwoman cycle chase and City police minifigure collection (the latter three on clearance at Kmart)
Oh yeah my in laws are in from Japan and they brought me some series 7 minifigures from Japan. In Japan they are sold in vending machines and are apparently $5 (400 yen) each. I have all the series 7 I need so I'll probably just keep them, they look kinda cool in their packaging, or trade them
photo.jpg

Target has
LEGO Star Wars Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter 9498

on sale for $28.50, so it's only $23.50 after using the coupon.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I just picked up @ the Lego Store the UFO Abduction and Alien Mothership for $15 & $30, respectively.

Not as good as the Kmart deals but it is 50% off nonetheless.

My local Barnes And Noble has a couple of sets 30% off. Lego Star Wars Republic Frigate #7964 was $83.99 down from $119.99. Lego Star Wars Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator #7961 was $48.99 down from $69.99. And lastly the Alien Conquest Alien Mothership #7065 was $41.99 down from $59.99. If you are a Barnes Member you save an additional 10% off. Plus I had some 20% off coupons that also stacked.

[quote name='180husher']Target has
LEGO Star Wars Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter 9498

on sale for $28.50, so it's only $23.50 after using the coupon.[/QUOTE]

What coupon?

So the ad came in a week early.

Week of 9/16

Buy 2 get 3rd free all Lego construction sets and board games.
(Excludes Ninjago, Technic, video games &accessories)

D'oh. Was really hoping to pick up some minifigure display cases. Worth a try still I guess, see if the register will ring it up that way.

[quote name='prim4444']So the ad came in a week early.

Week of 9/16

Buy 2 get 3rd free all Lego construction sets and board games.
(Excludes Ninjago, Technic, video games &accessories)[/QUOTE]

Doesn't exclude Star Wars? That's surprising

[quote name='cassidyarch']Struck out on the Ghost polybag at Target. Found where they were supposed to be (Halloween special aisle) but they had been cleaned out.[/QUOTE]

My target got the wrong item. Gave them the dpci number, employee went back to check and came back saying "box was full of toothpaste". Looks like they screwed up the order. Total waist if gas and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back