LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you have girls, or boys that like the theme. LEGO "Friends" is on sale at Fred Meyer for 20% off. There is a bonus 10% coupon in the Sunday 4/1 ad. It's been difficult until now to find this series on sale.

They also have another series on sale, I want to say DC Heroes, creator and Dino.

Last week was City 20% off and it looks like they might be rolling all the series through 20%.

^ also all Ninjago is 20% off before coupon. Some new Ninjago sets appear to be already out of print (no longer visible at Shop@Home) , so it might be worth checking out.

Anyone in Utah know which Walmart has the 3 Friends Easter polybags? I've been to 3 different stores and they only have the City/SW/Ninjago ones in a big blue display box in the LEGO aisle. I also checked the Friends aisle and Easter aisles but nothing there.

^Not actual sets, just many of the $10 spinner/minifigure/card blister packs are not even listed on the site anymore:

9551 Kendo Cole (foil pack)
9562 Lasha
9563 Kendo Zane
9564 Snappa
9566 Samurai X
9579 Starter Set

Several other sets are out of stock until May, but still listed at least.
A glance at a few retail stores also show a serious lack of the Kendo Zane blister pack...gone for good?

According to Slickdeals, if you put the clearance Alien Conquest HQ (priced at $71) in your LEGO S@H cart, the price drops to $44. Haven't tried it. Just passing along the news. Since its on Slickdeals, better try it while you can.

{EDIT} Just tried it--it works!

Oh yeah I totally forgot about this but what do you guys think about the new stormtrooper minifigs having faces on them?

Oh and I got my Lego duck yesterday. Worth the wait since I brought my PS Vita this time lol. Also got a surgeon minifig. Will be going back next week for the large PAB cup for small price.

[quote name='TheHelix']Oh yeah I totally forgot about this but what do you guys think about the new stormtrooper minifigs having faces on them? [/QUOTE]
Totally indifferent. My stormtroopers keep their helmets on all day, but I guess it adds some extra play options having a printed face under the helmet. Kinda wish they hadn't made them so pale though. Now if they were just cheaper so that I could build a proper army...

Sweet. I'm totally going to have Avengers vs. Justice League in my office.

Edit: WTF. The Quinjet comes with the two Avengers who can fly.

[quote name='Pirate331']Totally indifferent. My stormtroopers keep their helmets on all day, but I guess it adds some extra play options having a printed face under the helmet. Kinda wish they hadn't made them so pale though. Now if they were just cheaper so that I could build a proper army...[/QUOTE]

Yeah $13 for battle packs is eh. Target had them on sale last Easter for $8. They have failed me for the last time.

[quote name='prim4444']The Lego Avengers sets are arriving in TRU stores this week. They were ringing up as part of the BOGO this morning.[/QUOTE]

Wish it would work online...

Elserna,

Thanks for posting that B&N deal....I just bought it. I did a double take on your name when I repped you. :)
I've been away, but the damn Superheroes have brought me out of hibernation.

For those who don't know....copied to here....

LEGO 6863 Batman Batwing Battle $26.95 or less ($21.56 AC + free trial membership) + FS at BN.com Barnes and Noble's online store has LEGO 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City for $26.95 plus free shipping. Normal MSRP is $34.99. The set contains 279 pieces plus three minifigs: Batman, The Joker and The Joker's Thug.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/t...3419168403

Product Description:

"Hanging on a ladder below his helicopter, The Joker prepares to drop a ‘toxic laughing gas’ bomb on the citizens of Gotham City. Luckily help is at hand, as Batman swoops down in his super-fast Batwing. Can the Caped Crusader use the flick missiles to send The Joker spinning off into the sunset? Includes 3 minifigures: Batman, The Joker and a henchman. "

EDIT: You can use coupon code P4Y3A8C to take off an extra $5.39. This will bring the total under the $25 for free shipping, though, so add a FS-qualified filler item of $3.44 or more before checking out. Thanks legomama and kukubrew.

Good filler item: Lego Ninjago Jay 9553 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/t...3419166744

EDIT 2: During checkout, you can sign up for a free two-month trial of B&N Membership which will give you free shipping in addition to the coupon savings. Total is $21.56 (before tax) after coupon and sign-up! Thanks Dynamite!

One more post.

Best place to get the SW battle packs right now is Yoyo.com. Go thru Livingsocial.com to get the 20 voucher for 10.00. Right now Yoyo has free ship on 25.00, so it's basically spending 15 for 25 worth of lego, close to 40% off, right?? Someone check my math.

And no tax for most states. You have 12 hours left to buy the voucher. But even at this price, I still feel ripped off. Can't believe msrp for this is 12.99....just crazy!

There's a $5 off $19.99 or greater purchases of Lego Duplo on target.com, and it's worked for me on regular Lego (non-Duplo) sets.

[quote name='karkyco']There's a $5 off $19.99 or greater purchases of Lego Duplo on target.com, and it's worked for me on regular Lego (non-Duplo) sets.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Did the coupon ring automatically or did the cashier manually adjust?

[quote name='neonglow']Thanks! Did the coupon ring automatically or did the cashier manually adjust?[/QUOTE]

Rang up automagically, although the register did note "no item qualifies" message but the cashier just hit some button to accept and it took off $5.

[quote name='karkyco']Rang up automagically, although the register did note "no item qualifies" message but the cashier just hit some button to accept and it took off $5.[/QUOTE]

How are you getting all of these deals that would be normally denied by Target? Is your Target an exception to the rule?

[quote name='iflabs']How are you getting all of these deals that would be normally denied by Target? Is your Target an exception to the rule?[/QUOTE]

Indifferent cashiers + the $5 off coupons are penny ante. They're generally too busy or too indifferent to care. I get denied on rare occasions, but there are usually multiple registers/register locations and quite a few Targets within a few miles of me. The cashiers just have to hit some accept or override button I'm guessing on these $5 off coupons and don't require manager override, because one time the lady scanned it twice and after hitting some button it took off $10 from the Lego Droids Pod set (2 x $5 applied). That was for the coupon prior to the 50% off Star Wars toys coupon, but I can't remember what it was specifically for. $5 off Lego sets $19.99 and above?

The current coupon also states "$5 off $19.99 or higher LEGO Duplo" and doesn't explicitly state it is valid ONLY on Duplo or "regular Lego excluded". So it does mention $5 off LEGO, lol.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'd buy that Batman set if I didn't already own the last one that pretty much looks exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

I like the last one better. Wish they'd release more deluxe super hero sets...

Does anyone know if you'll be able to get the Avengers minifigs as a set rather than buying the various sets? I couldn't'care less about the generic looking machines they bundle with the figs, but the figs themselves look great.

[quote name='dschroll']I like the last one better. Wish they'd release more deluxe super hero sets...

Does anyone know if you'll be able to get the Avengers minifigs as a set rather than buying the various sets? I couldn't'care less about the generic looking machines they bundle with the figs, but the figs themselves look great.[/QUOTE]

they never do that. I'm guessing you're new to Lego?

[quote name='dschroll']relatively new, yes. Just recently started getting back into legos and wash't sure what they did regarding licensed properties.[/QUOTE]

yeah, unfortunately, the minifigs mostly come in their respective sets and rarely show up individually or in groups. You can just buy them individually second hand to save some money.

I hope the Iron Man and Captain America figs that were given away at Comic Con show up in a set at some point, or at least figs similar to them; I really dislike the helmet accessory they decided to use on Iron Man rather than print a head piece with the helmet on it. Damn things are going for $700+ on eBay; too rich for my blood. :(

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Elserna,

Thanks for posting that B&N deal....I just bought it. I did a double take on your name when I repped you. :)
I've been away, but the damn Superheroes have brought me out of hibernation.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for copying it over! I kept meaning to post it here as well, but I ended up getting sidetracked.

[quote name='Max Power']Anyone have any TRU near them that have any Ninjago Lightning Dragon sets left? I just need that one to complete the dragon set.[/QUOTE]
I have a sealed Lightning Dragon, if you've got something you'd like to trade.
I've actually got the Ice Dragon... I should probably check my pile of unopened sets before telling people I have something; my mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found 2 of the new Marvel Super Heroes sets at Target tonight. They had both 6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle ($12.99) and 6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout ($49.99). They were NOT in the Lego aisle but rather they were on the focal endcap that's near the action figures which has a whole Avengers setup on it now. They were on the side and I didn't notice them at first but I only saw tags for those 2 so I'd imagine the other sets won't be out on the floor until a revision.

At any rate, since they're both priced at regular retail price rather than ToysRUs's ridiculous markup I figured some might be interested. Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout seems to be a bust and will probably be the one set I'll be skipping considering the only "mini"fig unique to this set is Hulk and the rest of the set is really uninspired.

My discounted AC HQ showed up today; pretty much the normal shipping time instead of the 20-day backorder S@H advised of. Everyone else get theirs too?

[quote name='neonglow']Looks like it's only for 8 different figures instead of the full 16. They divided it into a side A and side B for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't notice that. Just checked and it looks like "Side B", which included the Spartan, was already sold out. Oh well, still a pretty good deal for those who need multiples of those 8.

Happened upon a fresh box of the new series of minifigs at my local Target last night. Didn't realize a new series was out. Picked three at random, making sure their dot patterns weren't the same. Scored the totally awesome Minotaur, the okay flamenco dancer/spanish lady, and a pretty cool surgeon with the new syringe element and an x-ray. After looking at the insert, I think this is the first series in a long time where I actually want all of the characters.

Apparently this isn't a new series, just series 6 which I guess I missed. Though the images for series 7 look pretty awesome too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Bought Captain America yesterday at Target. It was with all the Avengers toys. The large Hulk (not the maxifig) looks so ugly.[/QUOTE]

I'm not particularly partial to the build-a-fig or the maxifig. I plan on getting the Quinjet during the Lego Store promo to get the regular Hulk minifig bonus. The purple pants obviously mean it's not based on the movie version, but it still looks better in my opinion.

[quote name='elsnerma']I'm not particularly partial to the build-a-fig or the maxifig. I plan on getting the Quinjet during the Lego Store promo to get the regular Hulk minifig bonus. The purple pants obviously mean it's not based on the movie version, but it still looks better in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Lol, when I said maxifig, I meant the minifig Hulk. It's much bigger than a normal minifig. Wish Bane had a similar treatment though.

The ugly one is the build-a-fig.

I'm planning on getting the Quinjet, just cause then I'll only need Hawkeye. Not that he looks right being based off the movie version.

Edit: Wait, is the Lego Store Hulk a normal minifig, and not... well...a hulk?

Edit 2: Oh damn, Wolverine's Chopper Showdown has Deadpool AND Magneto, for only $20.

[quote name='demonchylde']Happened upon a fresh box of the new series of minifigs at my local Target last night. Didn't realize a new series was out. Picked three at random, making sure their dot patterns weren't the same. Scored the totally awesome Minotaur, the okay flamenco dancer/spanish lady, and a pretty cool surgeon with the new syringe element and an x-ray. After looking at the insert, I think this is the first series in a long time where I actually want all of the characters.

Apparently this isn't a new series, just series 6 which I guess I missed. Though the images for series 7 look pretty awesome too.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to tell which minifigs are in the package by the dot pattern? Can you elaborate on the dot pattern? I'm fairly new to the minifig market, but my daughter recently got into them. We ended up getting a second genie, if anyone wants to trade. I'd like to not get any more duplicates if at all possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back