LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from SDCC. I wasn't able to go to buy any Legos cause the line sucked and I wasn't feeling well. I did see the new summer SW stuff but I don't know of any exclusives. There was a demo station for Lego LOTR but all the kids were hogging it.

At another Booth I saw Lego Minecraft for the low low price of $100. Sheesh.

Good luck to elessar and other fellow CAGs attending SDCC.

[quote name='elessar123']Yep, good luck.

Are you guys doing the minifig scavenger hunt for Bilbo?[/QUOTE]

I'm only attending Sunday, otherwise i'd be all over it. I guess the giveaways are tied to the day's theme. So i'm stuck with settling for Ninjago stuff. Good for my son because he loves that theme, bad for me because I want a Bizarro!

The way exclusive sare being handled this year and the fact they have said they will not appear in future sets is complete bullshit

[quote name='El Rey']The way exclusive sare being handled this year and the fact they have said they will not appear in future sets is complete bullshit[/QUOTE]

Are the exclusives supposed to be part of some secret invite?

I showed this picture to a friend at SDCC:

http://brickultra.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-superhero.jpg

Edit: so after she talked to him more, apparently this guy, and possibly just this guy, thought it was a secret

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='El Rey']The way exclusive sare being handled this year and the fact they have said they will not appear in future sets is complete bullshit[/QUOTE]

Wait, so Venom will never be in a future set?

-edit- Just saw LEGO venom minifig ... not impressed .. it could be black suit spidey with muscles ... lame, give us a real venom minifigure LEGO ... maybe a carnage and classic green goblin too ... damn Megablocks and their license for the Amazing Spiderman ... no LEGO Lizard ... :whistle2:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU10RmN-W6k

The Venom figure is lacking but I would at least like to have had the chance to even try to get him.
After seeing all of them my must haves are Bizarro and Phoenix. Shazam is low priority but again it would have been nice to even had the chance to pick him up.
Mega BLocks does hold the Amazing Spider-man movie rights but Lego holds the Ultimate Spider-man tv show rights so if Lizard makes an apperance in the show we can get him in whatever incarnation he comes in which is better than nothing

Man I missed out on the superhero polybags. Don't see myself buying legos now since I'm going to a lot of panels for the next two days.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Most of the sets at target that were 15% off dropped to 30% off today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just want that Republic Frigate for 50% off.

Here's a pic of Bag End from the Hobbit line.

:drool:

7558147308_5c2d5b76f0_b.jpg

That set is fairly new, our store doesn't have any ninjago on clearance. My son wants it because he thinks it looks like those asian pirate ships from POTC.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Thought about picking up the ninjago destines bounty at target since i like ships but didn't know if it was worth it at 30% off. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

This review got me seriously considering Destiny's Bounty. Maybe it will help you spend your money.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfhD_yQGp5I

The exclusive SDCC minifigure thought to be Venom is actually black suited symbiote Spider-man. We'll be getting Venom, Spider-man, Nick Fury, , Nova, J. Jonah Jameson, Victor Von Doom and Beetle.
From DC we get - Mister Freeze, Aquaman, a white suited Batman, Bane, Commissioner Gordon with a SWAT flack jacket, hooded Robin, Scarecrow, Arkham jumpsuit Joker, Penguin and what I believe is Harley Quinn in a nurse disquise

Also series 8 minifigs should hit in September

8833_preview.jpg

Series 8 looks alright, a lot of recycled stuff, but that's not always a bad thing.

As far as the con figures go, the more I've thought about it, the more it bugs me... we (my family) spend a boat load on Legos and they're giving away the exclusive stuff to random, richer people that can afford to go to SDCC.

Just doesn't seem right.

Lego sets at Target on clearance starting to get interesting (along with general toy clearance). Might be worth a trip for you guys to check out your local stores. Just stay the hell out of any stores in LA. :lol:

Now begins the fun task of Target arbitrage (return/rebuys for the highest discounts/lowest prices on various sets). Unfortunately I don't think any sets worthwhile will last to 75% off, if they even get to that point, at the end of the month. Most quality sets are disappearing at 30% off, some even less, but some stores have 50% off on certain sets (even if not in stock) while other stores at less discounted clearance or even MSRP.

Keep track of those DPCIs, people. Once I have everything I want locked in at 50% off, hopefully soon, I'll post an extensive list of sets on clearance. My advice is to check every set you're interested in...

Love the new Rancor set and the minifig pics for the new Marvel and DC releases ... looks like I might just be spending some money on LEGO again later this year

I went to Target today and boy was I disappointed, it was a joke!! I saw most things marked up then put on clearance, lmao... I saw one thing that was previously priced -$1.00 and put on clearance for $2.48.

Anyone know if the Rancor can actually fit a minifigure in its mouth? I can tell the mouth opens but it would be sweet if they created it with the ability to fit in a minifig

The Rancor Pit looks awful...seriously, a cube with empty sides and one big gate? Kids and I would have more fun playing with the box it came in...and that might even look more like the Rancor Pit than the real set. Tan and white???:roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='180husher']The Rancor Pit looks awful...seriously, a cube with empty sides and one big gate? Kids and I would have more fun playing with the box it came in...and that might even look more like the Rancor Pit than the real set. Tan and white???:roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

the sad part is it'll be almost guaranteed to be at least $30, more likely $40...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']the sad part is it'll be almost guaranteed to be at least $30, more likely $40...[/QUOTE]

That set will not be less than $50, I'm thinking $60. A sand speeder is $25 now a days.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That set will not be less than $50, I'm thinking $60. A sand speeder is $25 now a days.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking $40. It's a little less than the Weathertop sets, which has 5 minifigs, and more pieces.

[quote name='elessar123']I'm thinking $40. It's a little less than the Weathertop sets, which has 5 minifigs, and more pieces.[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be TRU's exclusive and be $45.

[quote name='elessar123']I'm thinking $40. It's a little less than the Weathertop sets, which has 5 minifigs, and more pieces.[/QUOTE]

New year, less pieces more money. Plus the monster makes up for several minifigures.

I'd be surprised if the Rancor set is any less than $60 MSRP. I wouldn't be shocked if it's $80, honestly. It seems kind of tailored to hobbyists vs. general public and kids.

The fact that Jabba's palace will never be complete without the Rancor pit is likely deterring me from even getting the Palace and Desert Skiff now. Especially at a plausible price of $60 for that incredibly generic pit.

I'll have to choose between Jabba's Palace + Desert Skiff and Helm's Deep+ Uruk Hai Army, and the latter looks much more justifiable for the price.

But the Uruk Hai Army is tiny. Only reason I got it was for the minifigs, since it has Eomer and is supposed to be the cheapest way to build an orc army.

It is tiny, and on it's own isn't that great, but it looks like it complements Helm's Deep extraordinarily well, since it both extends the wall and increases the army sizes.

Plus, Jabba's Palace is so incredibly overpriced. Comparing the Palace to Helm's Deep for about the same price......c'mon, it's not even close. Jabba's Palace should only be like, $80.

On the subject of building an Uruk Army, hopefully those Uruk-Hai polybags hit the stores soon!

I randomly stopped at a Goodwill yesterday and found a Monster Fighters Vampyre Hearse, Hulks Hellicarrier Breakout, and the Large Batman Figure Set thats like a bionicle. Batman was complete, vampyre set was only missing one piece, hulks set was missing hulk and thor.

Jeeze whoever said new year less pieces mo' money is right. How much is Jabba's palace alone going to be? Must be at least $80, given it has 10 minifigs (including Jabba and the robot spider). Not much in the way of the actual palace. Hopefully it actually slightly resembles it on the outside, but given what a joke the Rancor pit it I doubt it.

Speaking of the Rancor pit, is that iron door to the right of the gate just suspended out into the ether? It looks like it, lol. Looks like if you want a better looking Rancor pit you will have to DIY and just use the figs from the set. Can't wait for a Sarlacc pit set that's just a few flat plates connected together with a hole in the middle. But it will cost $50 because it includes Boba Fett.

[quote name='karkyco']Jeeze whoever said new year less pieces mo' money is right. How much is Jabba's palace alone going to be? Must be at least $80, given it has 10 minifigs (including Jabba and the robot spider). Not much in the way of the actual palace. Hopefully it actually slightly resembles it on the outside, but given what a joke the Rancor pit it I doubt it.

Speaking of the Rancor pit, is that iron door to the right of the gate just suspended out into the ether? It looks like it, lol. Looks like if you want a better looking Rancor pit you will have to DIY and just use the figs from the set. Can't wait for a Sarlacc pit set that's just a few flat plates connected together with a hole in the middle. But it will cost $50 because it includes Boba Fett.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, pretty much. And Jabba's Palace actually is $119.99 MSRP, with less than 800 pieces. That price is just absurd.

Speaking of Boba Fett, he comes with the new Desert Skiff set (along with Luke, Lando, and some green guy), which only costs $25. That's not a bad value.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Hahaha, pretty much. And Jabba's Palace actually is $119.99 MSRP, with less than 800 pieces. That price is just absurd.

[/QUOTE]

What is absurd is TRU's markup for this set. The set came in today at $149.99. Sad thing is people were buying them up.

Set should be probably $100. There are 7ish minifigs and one is a Jabba. I actually had someone pick this set up and the Skiff for me with the 20% off coupon and tried to get them to honor their online prices. Long story short, I just got the 2 sets for retail. I guess the clerk just took 20% off the Skiff not the entire order because she marked down the Jabba set (considered on sale). So even with the coupon, I didn't save any money.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']I randomly stopped at a Goodwill yesterday and found a Monster Fighters Vampyre Hearse, Hulks Hellicarrier Breakout, and the Large Batman Figure Set thats like a bionicle. Batman was complete, vampyre set was only missing one piece, hulks set was missing hulk and thor.[/QUOTE]

How much you pay for each set?

[quote name='Max Power']Set should be probably $100. There are 7ish minifigs and one is a Jabba. I actually had someone pick this set up and the Skiff for me with the 20% off coupon and tried to get them to honor their online prices. Long story short, I just got the 2 sets for retail. I guess the clerk just took 20% off the Skiff not the entire order because she marked down the Jabba set (considered on sale). So even with the coupon, I didn't save any money.[/QUOTE]

Once an item gets its price changed because of a price match, it can't be used along with a coupon, or be part of any sale that is going on in store. The smart thing to do was to have included the 20% into the amount of the price match.

Fred Meyer finally added some sets to clearance (like the PotC sets, so they could catch up to every other store, circa a couple months ago). This week they also have an additional 40% off all clearance stuff.

Picked up the Fountain of Youth set, so I could scavenge Black Beard for a Vampire Hunter D minifig, for around $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back