LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All LEGO prices the last few years have gone through the roof, it just continues. I'm shocked about the City prices though. Sure the boats float, but still. The Port is $90 and looks like a much shorter boat than the last one.

It's why I'm sticking with the small sets, more bang for your buck, even CITY Advent Calender has only 6 minifigures and it's Police based.

I still love the Atlantis Temple and the Castle Farm, but they will really need to be on sale.

Nice little haul at Wal-Mart today. Grabbed 6 Star Wars watches (R2D2, C3PO, Maul, Stormtrooper, Anakin and Dooku) for $5 each (for the figures). 3 colors of the Lego cases with baseplates for $5 each. Construct a Zurg for $5. Portal of Atlantis for $40. They had some World Racers for cheap, but passed.

tip for fellow lego cag'rs....

Meijer has an additionaly 20 % off any of their clearance stuff...Space Police, Atlantis, Toy Story etc were all at a store near me....

Picked up a Lego 7597 Toy Story Train for $42 (boys wanted it bad anyway)

Atlantis 8061 Gateway of the Squid for $15 - still had like 5 or 6 left...

I definitely foresee me waiting for sales on a lot of these sets...especially the Fire Temple, which is really cool...but lacks much of an interior and still seems pretty overpriced.

I agree that most of the smaller sets are pretty neat and decently priced, though.

For the most part I don't buy Lego sets unless they're on sale. In the end it means I miss out on sets that I never see on sale, but it's the only way for me to afford Lego right now.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']For the most part I don't buy Lego sets unless they're on sale. In the end it means I miss out on sets that I never see on sale, but it's the only way for me to afford Lego right now.[/QUOTE]

+1

It has to be atleast 25% off for me to even consider.

Thanks for sharing the new pictures. I see some sets I hope that I can score when they go on sale!

Just saw the suggested prices for the star wars sets, WOW. The sith infiltrator is almost 3 times what the 2007 one cost. Looks like I will just get the old set from ebay.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']For the most part I don't buy Lego sets unless they're on sale. In the end it means I miss out on sets that I never see on sale, but it's the only way for me to afford Lego right now.[/QUOTE]

I think alot of us are in the same boat. Additionally all the sets I buy are for my daughter so there are quite a few I would love, but she is just not into. Sticking to smaller sets under $20 helps as well.

We were lucky enough to get quite a few of the impluse $3.99 sets for $0.39 cents at target after christmas the last 2 years. I have 10 sets (2 TS Army Jeep, 6 Atlantis Octupus, and 2 City Police boats) from this years clearance we are putting inside eggs for a Easter egg hunt this year.

Just went through the last of my Series 3. I'm only missing the Cyborg, Pilot, Sumo Wrestler, and Gorilla Suit guy. For duplicates I have 4 Tennis Players (2 sealed), 3 mummies (1 sealed), 2 Race Car Drivers (1 sealed), 2 Chieftans (1 sealed), 2 Baseball Players, and 2 Snowboarders (1 sealed). I did manage to get 3 Fisherman, though. Not too shabby considering most of these were random grabs.

[quote name='etcrane']That Earth Dragon is pretty sweet .... that might actually be my first Ninja Go purchase[/QUOTE]

I'm liking the ice dragon, and stinks about the fire dragon being stuck in a very large set, but that earth dragon is fantastic.

I'm not too keen on the spinners and cards, but everything else besides the Bike and car set of the skellies are great.

Star War
LEGO 7956 Ewok Attack ($24.99 USD / $34.99 CAD)
LEGO 7957 Dathomir Speeder ($24.99 USD / $34.99 CAD)
LEGO 7959 Geonosian Starfighter ($29.99 USD / $39.99 CAD)
LEGO 7961 Sith Infiltrator ($69.99 USD / $99.99 CAD)
LEGO 7962 Anakin’s and Sebulba’s Podracers ($89.99 USD / $119.99 CAD)
LEGO 7964 Republic Frigate ($119.99 USD / $159.99 CAD)
LEGO 7965 Millennium Falcon ($139.99 USD / $174.99 CAD)

The City prices are high because of the boat hulls and bigger pieces, so the port is almost OK in price. However the Spongebob boat is $15 for two great minifigures and a boat the same size. I don't care how much the hull is 63 pieces is a joke.

[quote name='bigdaddy']LEGO 7956 Ewok Attack ($24.99 USD / $34.99 CAD)[/QUOTE]

I don't normally complain about prices, but holy crap. At least with the Hoth set you got a tauntaun. What do you get with this set? A couple of Muppets.

Target has a few good deals right this second. I just saw them tonight, so, I can't say they will last. And, of course, it might only be a local deal (I've never checked if deals are always national or not).

Space Galactic Enforcer (5974) is going for $69.99 (which is only 5% less than amazon right now, but I imagine they are trying to price match)-(This set is out of stock online ATM)
There's an Atlantis set (in the 50-60ish MSRP range) similarly marked down, but I didn't catch the set #.

Online, they have 23 sets all marked down by 15%. But, I'm sure other online retailers can do better on most. Target is mostly a little high.

fuck!!!! Groupon reduced all of my unused BN giftcards to $0 I am so pissed I didn't just buy up a bunch of LEGOs. I found this out because I was trying to buy the PQ Pyramid set (which just got to be in stock) and entered in a bunch of different codes all telling me they didn't work. Looked into it on SD and it looks like it is happening to a bunch of people. I am so mad that I can't get that pyramid for $40, that would have been a great deal.

Is there a place to look up old set values?

Mom has a 1990's set 3026 25th Limited silver brick, looks complete.

Thanks

[quote name='ackbar7']fuck!!!! Groupon reduced all of my unused BN giftcards to $0 I am so pissed I didn't just buy up a bunch of LEGOs. I found this out because I was trying to buy the PQ Pyramid set (which just got to be in stock) and entered in a bunch of different codes all telling me they didn't work. Looked into it on SD and it looks like it is happening to a bunch of people. I am so mad that I can't get that pyramid for $40, that would have been a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Nooooo!!!!! Are they at least crediting you the $10 back?

[quote name='donut']Is there a place to look up old set values?

Mom has a 1990's set 3026 25th Limited silver brick, looks complete.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Bricklink is always a good place, but I can't seem to find that particular set there. I couldn't find it on eBay, either. I'm guessing this set just doesn't have much collector value.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3026-1

[quote name='bigdaddy']Star War
LEGO 7956 Ewok Attack ($24.99 USD / $34.99 CAD)
LEGO 7957 Dathomir Speeder ($24.99 USD / $34.99 CAD)
LEGO 7959 Geonosian Starfighter ($29.99 USD / $39.99 CAD)
LEGO 7961 Sith Infiltrator ($69.99 USD / $99.99 CAD)
LEGO 7964 Republic Frigate ($119.99 USD / $159.99 CAD)
LEGO 7965 Millennium Falcon ($139.99 USD / $174.99 CAD)

The City prices are high because of the boat hulls and bigger pieces, so the port is almost OK in price. However the Spongebob boat is $15 for two great minifigures and a boat the same size. I don't care how much the hull is 63 pieces is a joke.[/QUOTE]

$140 for the Falcon?!?!!? I guess I won't be selling my old one after all...

That harbor looks pretty bland compared to the old one I have from a few years ago. At least the 2 small boats look decent enough (pricing not withstanding).

[quote name='captainrhythm']Target has a few good deals right this second. I just saw them tonight, so, I can't say they will last. And, of course, it might only be a local deal (I've never checked if deals are always national or not).

Space Galactic Enforcer (5974) is going for $69.99 (which is only 5% less than amazon right now, but I imagine they are trying to price match)-(This set is out of stock online ATM)
There's an Atlantis set (in the 50-60ish MSRP range) similarly marked down, but I didn't catch the set #.

Online, they have 23 sets all marked down by 15%. But, I'm sure other online retailers can do better on most. Target is mostly a little high.[/QUOTE]

The Galactic Enforcer has been clearanced at various Targets for $49.98 or less.

Wasn't the original version of this, from way back in '99 or 2000, originally priced $39.99 or so? I have it still sealed in storage somewhere, and while the original is no doubt very basic compared to this one...this one looks to be priced at double what it should be. Is Lucas getting $40 for each of these sold?

The original '99 podrace set 7171 was also $90--it came with three racers and a finish line. It was the big Ep I set. You could get Anakin's lone racer for $15. I bought a ton of those, so many new pieces at the time. Orange had just come out.

[quote name='cassidyarch']The original '99 podrace set 7171 was also $90--it came with three racers and a finish line. It was the big Ep I set. You could get Anakin's lone racer for $15. I bought a ton of those, so many new pieces at the time. Orange had just come out.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

The new Pod Racer set is the most reasonably priced set to come out this year.

12 years ago the set had 890 pieces and cost $90, this year the set has 810 pieces and cost $90. Someone picked the one set that is priced well to complain about. :lol:

The Geonosian Starfighteris $30 and only has 150 pieces.

I want this set! ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/5444785058/

This is a very cool feature, not sure it makes the set worth $10 more than it should...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/5443780177/in/set-72157625919846335/

Last edited by a moderator:
I just popped into Toys R Us this morning and they are running Buy One, Get One 50% off on all Lego sets (excluding Star Wars, which is 10% off). The sign says it starts on the 20th, but it's live in the system. They got a ton of Ninjago in stock. I am debating doing the Temple of Doom and PQ Pyramid. I need to plot my startegy!

Thought you all would like to know about this deal.

[quote name='ackbar7']fuck!!!! Groupon reduced all of my unused BN giftcards to $0 I am so pissed I didn't just buy up a bunch of LEGOs. I found this out because I was trying to buy the PQ Pyramid set (which just got to be in stock) and entered in a bunch of different codes all telling me they didn't work. Looked into it on SD and it looks like it is happening to a bunch of people. I am so mad that I can't get that pyramid for $40, that would have been a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhh

Same here, my 2nd ninjago fortress is in audit and I have to "wait" because I used 3 Groupons

At least one shipped

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']I just popped into Toys R Us this morning and they are running Buy One, Get One 50% off on all Lego sets (excluding Star Wars, which is 10% off). The sign says it starts on the 20th, but it's live in the system. They got a ton of Ninjago in stock. I am debating doing the Temple of Doom and PQ Pyramid. I need to plot my startegy!

Thought you all would like to know about this deal.[/QUOTE]

Really? Hrm. My Wife was at TRU this morning and she said they had the entire Lego isle torn apart with Legos everywhere. Almost as if they were redoing the entire isle. She said she saw the 25% off Star Wars Legos, but there wasn't a single price tag on any of the Lego shelves.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Really? Hrm. My Wife was at TRU this morning and she said they had the entire Lego isle torn apart with Legos everywhere. Almost as if they were redoing the entire isle. She said she saw the 25% off Star Wars Legos, but there wasn't a single price tag on any of the Lego shelves.[/QUOTE]

They had a whole new row for Lego up by the front in my store. Here's the pic of the signage I took while I was there. Shows that it starts 2/20 - 2/26, but I did scan items (both SW and non-SW) and the item was tagged with a BOGO 50% off on non-SW and 10% off on SW.

picture.php

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']They had a whole new row for Lego up by the front in my store. Here's the pic of the signage I took while I was there. Shows that it starts 2/20 - 2/26, but I did scan items (both SW and non-SW) and the item was tagged with a BOGO 50% off on non-SW and 10% off on SW.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

You forgot the pic :p

[quote name='GoingIncognito']You forgot the pic :p[/QUOTE]

Wait, you don't see the pic? I see it on my screen. Maybe I have a privacy setting on.

Checking...

I was curious about how much I pay per set compared to retail after looking at the prices on the new sets. All the sets I have bought in the last 2 years have been for my daughter. Since we keep a updated list on brickset it was easier enough to find the retail price of the sets and then figure out what we paid. We wait for sales and deals so I expected to see a average of 33% off the retail price, but I found a higher % then that...

In the last 2 years we bought 42 sets for her which had a retail value of about $420. This includes 23 $3.99 impulse sets and 2 mini figures. We paid a total of $152 for the 42 sets for an average of 64% off retail on each set we purchase. The only sets we paid full retail for were the 2 mini figures, 2 of the impulse sets, and Woody/Buzz to the Rescue. Every other set we bought for at least 50% off during a sale or clearance. The percentage was brought down more because of kmart/target clearance sales.

Have to say I was surprised overall with the small overall amount we have spent and the percentage off we buy our legos at.

Just a fyi. All the valentines items will be 50% off at target tomorrow. Since the mini figures are in that area they should be $1.99 each starting tomorrow...

[quote name='kjauburn']Just a fyi. All the valentines items will be 50% off at target tomorrow. Since the mini figures are in that area they should be $1.99 each starting tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

True, but make sure that they are. Some of the LEGO bags from the holidays rang up full price when I picked them up a few days after Christmas.

[quote name='voidedx']In my area, both Targets got the minifigures wiped out two weeks ago and they were not restocked.[/QUOTE]

In my area there hasn't been a Target that has ever gotten the minifigures.

FBTB has all the pics from Toy Fair up on their Flickr account. I'm definitely seeing some things I'm interested in like:

- the stackable display cases for the minifigs (much better than the previous design)
- Ninjago clocks with weapons?!
- Cad Bane and Boba Fett watches
- Official LEGO parts container
- Anakin's & Sebulba's Podracers (hate the stickers though)
- Alien Conquest!!!
- Lighthouse Island

Wish there were pics of the Black Pearl. Overall, I am pleased with what I've seen, but just like the masses, I don't like the prices on some of the sets.

As far as Series 3 goes, the Targets around my area were never restocked after its initial release and I never saw or heard them being at WM, unless of course Crane is hoarding them all. :D

[quote name='JAYMATIK']FBTB has all the pics from Toy Fair up on their Flickr account. I'm definitely seeing some things I'm interested in like:

- the stackable display cases for the minifigs (much better than the previous design)
- Alien Conquest!!!
[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid to see the price on those minifigure displays.

Did you watch the videos of how the aliens abduct the humans? It's really nicely done by LEGO.

The telephone line repair truck is $10 shipped instead of $13.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4567622-...L7VPC/ref=pd_ts_t_45?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm afraid to see the price on those minifigure displays.

Did you watch the videos of how the aliens abduct the humans? It's really nicely done by LEGO.

The telephone line repair truck is $10 shipped instead of $13.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4567622-...L7VPC/ref=pd_ts_t_45?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games[/QUOTE]
I hope the plastic on the case isn't cheap either, but if they have a decent price on them, I just might have to pick up a few. Cool decor for my son's room or my office!

I really like how you can place the alien on top of the figs. The box art alone has me restless!

Stopped by my local Target to check for series 3 sale. I found 1 lonely package left on the shelf. (Gorilla suit guy) It rang up at 1.49, so couldn't leave him behind :)

[quote name='JAYMATIK']

I really like how you can place the alien on top of the figs. The box art alone has me restless![/QUOTE]

That's cool, for some reason the story of the theme is the aliens came here from light years away in their advance space ships to steal OUR intelligence. :lol: I'm glad the alien fits over the male hair, I was afraid it wouldn't. The $30 medium UFO has a red light brick from the tractor beam and if you lower the whole UFO on the minifigure it picks him up!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/5443780177/in/set-72157625919846335/

I love that.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, my kids would totally love that UFO set! I can see them just picking up all their minifigures that way!

I'll have to jump on the bandwagon of those who think this year's sets are step above last year's. Darn, I thought I was going to stay away from Legos for a while since I really don't have room for more, but I really want a bunch of the upcoming ones...

LOL sorry about bitching about the podracer set, I must have confused the original's MSRP with either the lone Anakin set or when the original was clearanced. 810 pieces in this new one, wow it sure doesn't look like it has anywhere near that many pieces.

BTW I found a store with a couple of sealed/full boxes of Series 2 minifigs for $2.95 a piece...should I pull the trigger and wipe them out?

Thanks for the Valentine's Day update, I will check Target.

Yeah, I really like what I'm seeing with Alien Conquest. I definitely want the Earth Defense HQ, Copter, and the Alien Abduction sets...

I'm waiting until Alien Conquest and Series 4 come out to start my hoarding. I'm going to buy up all the hazmat suits and recreate every scene from E.T. ;)

Screw you Target. I was going to buy a TIE Defender at $37.50, but since you ended the sale I can't. Screw you.

That is all.

I went to TRU and picked up a Battle of Naboo and an Imperial V-Wing for 25% off each. The V-Wing was an impulse buy. I'm not happy about the TRU Tax, but I really wanted a Battle of Naboo since I like the Droids. I still really need to find a place to get Stormtroopers without paying through the nose. I really hope Lego decides on another OT Battlepack with Stormtroopers in it.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Screw you Target. I was going to buy a TIE Defender at $37.50, but since you ended the sale I can't. Screw you.

That is all.
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Really?

:roll:

They had a $5 off $15 LEGO set coupon right before Thanksgiving, screw them for ending that! Screw them! :lol:

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Screw you Target. I was going to buy a TIE Defender at $37.50, but since you ended the sale I can't. Screw you.

That is all.

I went to TRU and picked up a Battle of Naboo and an Imperial V-Wing for 25% off each. The V-Wing was an impulse buy. I'm not happy about the TRU Tax, but I really wanted a Battle of Naboo since I like the Droids. I still really need to find a place to get Stormtroopers without paying through the nose. I really hope Lego decides on another OT Battlepack with Stormtroopers in it.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they go on clearance somewhere? I can't put my finger on it right now, I picked up a few when TRU had them for $25 a few months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back