LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Went to my local Borders that is on the closing list and they had a bunch of new sets since the last time i was there. New city, SW, and PQ.[/QUOTE]

Ya know whats funny...I bet if they start liquidating inventory from stores that are closing all those Legos will get bought up during the initial 10%-15% off phase...without coupons.

[quote name='180husher']Ya know whats funny...I bet if they start liquidating inventory from stores that are closing all those Legos will get bought up during the initial 10%-15% off phase...without coupons.[/QUOTE]

You think they would do that and not just move the inventory?

They are just closing stores…

[quote name='180husher']Sam Goody's/ FYE tried closing poor performing stores first and they liquidated their inventory.[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping for it

I know there is one on the east side that isn't so they could just pack up and move it

If it's a complete wipe and no store is lasting I could see clearences

TRU tends to mark up their Legos 20%. With their B1G1-50% you get less then 25% off the entire purchase if you are not buying the same value. That means your savings is around 10% of MSRP. For a B2G1-free your savings are 20% or lower. If you can combine a B1G1 with a 20% clearance then that's a 35% savings.

Borders marks up their Legos 20-25%.
A 33% coupon's MSRP savings is 16-20%.
A 40% coupon's MSRP savings is 25-28%
A 50% coupon's MSRP savings is 38-40%.
If you're a premium member you get an additonal 10%(12%). My premium membership cost $20 but I also got a $10 off $30 coupon and I'm suppose to get $10 in Border Bucks next week.

B&N prices at MSRP so any high value coupon is good.

The only other normal places I've seen savings of over 25% is Target's rare sales. Most of the time the target sales are 10%.

[quote name='180husher']Sam Goody's/ FYE tried closing poor performing stores first and they liquidated their inventory.[/QUOTE]

That's really one of the bigger reasons of closing stores in bankruptcy. It allows the company to quickly liquidate entire stores worth of inventory to generate capital in order to keep the company as a whole afloat. Otherwise, closing stores that are otherwise profitable would be largely counter-intuitive.

Does anyone have the Lego Star Wars book that has the collectible Luke minifig? It's 13 bucks at Costco. I'm eventually going to buy the book, but how valuable is that minifig?

[quote name='TheHelix']Does anyone have the Lego Star Wars book that has the collectible Luke minifig? It's 13 bucks at Costco. I'm eventually going to buy the book, but how valuable is that minifig?[/QUOTE]

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=sw257a

Average BrickLink price is $11.80, but hasn't really sold too much. Since you can still buy the book I don't think lots of them are selling.

My wife bought me the book for Christmas, and I have yet to remove the minifig. It's a good looking minifig, and if I can find the book for cheap I'm going to buy another one just for the Luke Celebration minifig.

$13 is pretty decent for the book. Cheapest I've seen it around here is like $18. I'd spring at $13.

Edit: I just noticed Amazon is selling them for $13.19. I may pick one up.

Got an email from Borders today saying that my local store is closing and everything is 20-40% off starting today. Some exclusions apply, probably the same exclusions that are one the coupons I would assume.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Got an email from Borders today saying that my local store is closing and everything is 20-40% off starting today. Some exclusions apply, probably the same exclusions that are one the coupons I would assume.[/QUOTE]

Me too...no coupons accepted at the stores that are closing so this is worthless to us.

Not the best deal, but I'll take it. I picked up the Ninjago Skeleton Bowl and Space Police Hyperspeed Pursuit for $57.76 total (includes tax) at Toys R Us today. Buy one, get one 50% off worked along with the sale on the Space Police set. My son will be happy! 

The Maersk Train has been officially unveiled:

http://www.fbtb.net/2011/02/19/10219-maersk-train-revealed/

1234 pieces and an MSRP of $119.99

It'll be a Shop at Home exclusive (not too surprising) and it'll be out on April 1 (soon!)

5457328121_8db44644e3.jpg

I'll be holding onto my Amazon credit now in hopes it'll get to Amazon like most of the other Shop at Home exclusives have.

Went out to some yard sales today and found the lego Exoforce #8108 mobile devastator set with it's box. The end of the box had been opened, but overall the box was in very good shape. Peeking inside, the box was more then half full with parts. The guy offered that 'his son was usually very good about keeping all the pieces together in the box' It was marked $12, I offered $10 which he accepted. Got home and started looking through it, under all the loose pieces that I could see on top (the big wheels, etc) I found 5 of the bags still sealed! both instruction books were there, and it had all the minifigures except one skeleton. It also had one extra pilot figure (dude in a green jumpsuit) It looks like the kid only opened the bags that built the robot, and never put the big tank thing together. The sticker sheet was present, with about half the stickers still on it and the others were neatly applied to the lego parts.
very happy with my first exoforce find :bouncy: Also happy that after about 3 weeks of cold weather, yard sales seem to be in full force again.

Went to a Borders "closing sale" today. What a joke. 20% off. Can't use coupons. That pretty much brings them down to regular price. On a similar note, Blu-rays that were $9.99 two days ago are now back up to $34.99. Super fail.

of my 6 - just opened - fisherman, sumo, race driver, pilot, and 2 hula girls - anyone wanna trade a hula girl for something?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']Went to a Borders "closing sale" today. What a joke. 20% off. Can't use coupons. That pretty much brings them down to regular price. On a similar note, Blu-rays that were $9.99 two days ago are now back up to $34.99. Super fail.[/QUOTE]

This is why I never understand why people get all excited about liquidation sales. More often than not, the store or liquidator is gonna jack the prices back up to MSRP and sucker in uneducated consumers who think getting 20% off is an awesome deal.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']sucker in uneducated consumers who think getting 20% off is an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head right there. Nowadays going out of business sales are such a joke. From the posts I saw today about people at borders there were huge lines of people buying books/cds/dvds 20% off. Meanwhile the 40% off coupon is still good at stores not closing. Personally I pretty much skip all going out of business sales until the last few days now.

I can remember back in the day when Richway/Service Merchandise went out of business. Walk in the last week at 90% off and there was tons of stuff left.

Yeah, I'll stop in towards the end of a liquidation and hope I can find a stray item still standing, but we all know what the chances of that happening are. I understand that not everyone visits a site like CAG or follows this stuff online, but by 2011, people should understand how liquidation works. But we all know that isn't the reality of things.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44'] by 2011, people should understand how liquidation works. But we all know that isn't the reality of things.[/QUOTE]

Too many people don't do any research about the items they're buying, which leads to the current era of mass stupidity that we live in these days.

I'm just glad I know better and rarely pay retail for much of anything anymore :)

Looks like the presidents day 30% off sale on selected sets is stacking with the bogo 50% at TRU. Tempted to grab 2 of the impulse $3.99 sets to put away as small gifts for my daughter. $2.79 for the 1st one and the second one is $1.40.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This is why I never understand why people get all excited about liquidation sales. More often than not, the store or liquidator is gonna jack the prices back up to MSRP and sucker in uneducated consumers who think getting 20% off is an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

I knew this would be the case. I happened to be out running other errands and drove by and figured what the hell. The lines were forever long. Crazy. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they were on the fence to go. Don't! 

I remember when Circuit City was closing down. I went into one of their stores a few weeks after liquidation started. Wasn't even worth it. Almost empty. And you can picture all of the morons who bought 3 year old games at 20% off of the original MSRP, thinking they were making out like bandits.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I remember when Circuit City was closing down. I went into one of their stores a few weeks after liquidation started. Wasn't even worth it. Almost empty. And you can picture all of the morons who bought 3 year old games at 20% off of the original MSRP, thinking they were making out like bandits.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, I went in there and walked out. I started laughing when I saw people buying tv's that were on sale cheaper weeks prior then the xxx amount off they were selling it for during liquidation.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I remember when Circuit City was closing down. I went into one of their stores a few weeks after liquidation started. Wasn't even worth it. Almost empty. And you can picture all of the morons who bought 3 year old games at 20% off of the original MSRP, thinking they were making out like bandits.[/QUOTE]
At the CC near me all.of the video games sold out really quick except for the CEs, which lasted until 75% off. I never understood what happened with that, but I ended up getting quite a few foe $20-25.

[quote name='Max Power']Anybody know a good place to buy base plates other than ebay?[/QUOTE]

ToysRUs this week, if your store has them, would be buy 1 get 1 half off; ends up making them about $5 a piece.

[quote name='skiizim']I did the same thing, I went in there and walked out. I started laughing when I saw people buying tv's that were on sale cheaper weeks prior then the xxx amount off they were selling it for during liquidation.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The place was packed with people buying stuff at what they thought were great prices. I scoured the store but didn't find a single thing with a decent discount.

I stopped by TRU today for their BOGO50% sale. I wasn't feeling very well so I didn't really look around, but I did buy 4x Indiana Jones Cairo Attack (7195) for $7.50 each after discount. I had wanted to find some of those impulse sets or maybe some other smaller sets, but I was feeling so crappy I grabbed all the IJ sets and left.

[quote name='Max Power']Anybody know a good place to buy base plates other than ebay?[/QUOTE]

Walmart has some Lego cases on clearance and each one comes with a green base plate. I got 5 cases for $2.50 each...most stores had them for $9 or $5 though.

[quote name='180husher']Walmart has some Lego cases on clearance and each one comes with a green base plate. I got 5 cases for $2.50 each...most stores had them for $9 or $5 though.[/QUOTE]

Check your local Wal-Mart. The cases (briefcase and tub) that come with the base plates are on clearance. I picked up 5 of them for $5 each. Worked out great!

EDIT: Looks like 180husher did the same thing and cheaper! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a hell of a deal on Amazon. Warehouse deals had a 7676 Republic Gunship for only $114. Considering the next cheapest on Bricklink, Amazon, and Ebay is $200, I feel like I got a damn good deal.

I found Space Shuttle 3367 at my TRUs. Perfect time considering their B1G1. There are great finds to get at TRU with their current deal considering Ninjago and Pharaoh's Quest seems to be staying at MSRP as well as some City, Technic and IJ's 7195 Ambush in Cairo set. Had to grab a bunch of Traveler impulse sets since the current sale stacked with the B1G1. The fig is plain, but you can't go wrong with this set 'cause it has a camera, a bag, 1 computer screen 2x2 tile, 2 suitcases, 2 trans-clear 1x2x1 panels and 1 yellow 1x2 cheese slope. A steal if you're a fig and parts whore like me...

My computer sucks. I was at a flea market and bought three somewhat small grab bag for $5 a piece. They had the 12V train wheels I needed but now I can't get the train to work... grr...

Hot about 15 Futron torsos and hardly any feet, along with about 25 other torsos and no feel. :lol: But they look almost new.

Ugh! I'm getting so frustrated looking for a King's Castle Siege! Bricklink sellers are getting more and more expensive everyday and ebay is just....well, terrible!

C'mon CAGs help me out here. If anyone is willing to give me a decent price for the set I'll paypal immediately and even hook you up with an extra gift.

[quote name='kjauburn']Found a lonely mini fig left at target today, even though we had the snowboarder I had to rescue it at .29.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a snowboarder =(

Anyways, I did find some damn minifigs at Walmart at last. It was MSRP but I bought 2...got me a baseball player and a mummy. All I need is the snowboarder, space ranger, and alien to complete series 3.

Also my local Kmart is doing additional 20% off clearance but all I found was some Hero Factory sets.

[quote name='kjauburn']Found a lonely mini fig left at target today, even though we had the snowboarder I had to rescue it at .29.[/QUOTE]

I was at a Target that had dead roses for 90% off!!!

I finally saw some series 3 at a Walmart today in the same box as series 2 for Walmart...it hangs on the endcaps and holds two regular boxes worth.

Will minifigs qualify for the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off promo going on right now at TRU? I got my son some at the Valentines Target clearance and now he wants more! :)

[quote name='bigtaco55']Will minifigs qualify for the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off promo going on right now at TRU? I got my son some at the Valentines Target clearance and now he wants more! :)[/QUOTE]

Bought some today and it worked.

Are there any CAGs from Virginia who can recommend a store that sells the series of Minifigures Lego is currently running? I've visited all the likely spots in an hour's driving distance but have never seen them in-store.

[quote name='Five Seven Five']Are there any CAGs from Virginia who can recommend a store that sells the series of Minifigures Lego is currently running? I've visited all the likely spots in an hour's driving distance but have never seen them in-store.[/QUOTE]

Targets are out of stock now. TRUs haven't really been restocked. Your only real good options are Walmarts (which are sporadically getting them) or the Lego stores in Woodbridge or Tyson's Corner.

I saw a box at the Massaponax Walmart in the Lego section on a shelf.

Went to a different TRU tonight to buy a Power Wheels for my son (woo, Jeep Hurricane!) for his birthday and ended up leaving with 3 more Cairo Ambush, 1 Pharaoh's Quest Golden Staff Guardians (grabbed the first interesting looking set that was the same price as Cairo Ambush), and 2x each off of the City Traveler and Manta Warrior (received both 30% off and BOGO50%), and bought 2x Ocean Speeder thinking they were the 30% off set (Atlantis Sea Jet). Didn't realize my mistake until I got home, either. Still received the BOGO50%, but no 30%. Tons of Ocean Speeders were stacked right above the 30% off sign, so I grabbed them along with the other stuff, and when I had to ask for the City Travelers they restocked them right next to the Ocean Speeders. I assumed, and shouldn't have. Cost me $2.25 in difference :p. Oh well. Not going to worry about it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^If I had an extra I'd sell if for like $150, which is half of what they are selling for. I'm amazed at how much the price has gone up for a non license set. But I only have one and I really really like it.

The lighthouse is really nice...

http://amodularlife.wordpress.com/2...011-set-pictures/5770_lego_lighthouse_island/

I like the birds and the jacket the guy is wearing looks new.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the thought, bigdaddy. The search continues...

I'm really excited about this set, but something seems off about the railings at the very top. It's still very compact and attractive. I hope we see a new Creator House as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back