LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an old set at this point, but I didn't manage to snag one before they were gone from TRU.

I remember seeing it on the shelf and not thinking much of it, but it is actually a pretty neat set.

The "hidden" weapon panel, hidden missiles, hidden safe, etc. all make for a really fun build.

Putting mine on display, so those features won't really get any use, but when the kids get their hands on this one, I think they're going to have fun with it.

Really wish it would have had a base plate of some sort though, I miss the old crater plates from back in the day.

I thought that maybe we'd see some with the Alien Conquest series, but they appear to all take place on Earth. (Which makes sense)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Just got a hell of a deal on Amazon. Warehouse deals had a 7676 Republic Gunship for only $114. Considering the next cheapest on Bricklink, Amazon, and Ebay is $200, I feel like I got a damn good deal.[/QUOTE]

Got it today. Not only is it still factory sealed with the stickers but the box is nearly perfect with only one slight crease across the front.

Glad I got my Gunships before they went into crazy land price territory. Can't remember the exact price, but it was < $90 on Amazon.

So I've stopped at two Targets over the last five days; none of them had Valentine's candy anywhere; where are the minifigs now if there isn't a seasonal display? Are they even stocked presently?

[quote name='Pirate331']So I've stopped at two Targets over the last five days; none of them had Valentine's candy anywhere; where are the minifigs now if there isn't a seasonal display? Are they even stocked presently?[/QUOTE]

Valentines items (including minifigures) hit 90% Sunday/Monday and then went salvage by Tuesday. By the time it hit 50% most stores were out of the mini figures. Basically they won't be carrying them anymore until series 4 now.

[quote name='Max Power']On ebay you can get a new Ventator Cruiser for $100 shipped. I thought that was a good price and bought one. 3 left.

[/QUOTE]

I think those have been, or will be soon, discontinued. I've been mulling over purchasing one but I think I'm too spoiled by the Star Destroyer and the amazing interior detail of that vs. the Venator.

[quote name='kjauburn']Valentines items (including minifigures) hit 90% Sunday/Monday and then went salvage by Tuesday. By the time it hit 50% most stores were out of the mini figures. Basically they won't be carrying them anymore until series 4 now.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty confident Series 4 will roll out with the Easter stuff.

[quote name='gunm']Glad I got my Gunships before they went into crazy land price territory. Can't remember the exact price, but it was < $90 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that my 12 year old brother decided he didn't want his lego anymore and he had one of those still mainly sealed (only 1 or 2 bags were open)

He was more of a bionicle fan anyways (you should see my bin of bionicle pieces... it's so heavy, lol)

[quote name='gunm']Glad I got my Gunships before they went into crazy land price territory. Can't remember the exact price, but it was < $90 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Some of us got it at Walmart for around $30.;)

[quote name='TheHelix']I'm pretty confident Series 4 will roll out with the Easter stuff.[/QUOTE]

Easter stuff is coming out and I'm not sure the planograms will leave empty space for something that isn't out yet...but here's to hoping.

*Tells the family were moving to VA.

I seriously don't know how the hell you get all these deals! You must literally have people in your area that don't like Lego or stuff on clearance. I can get 50% off if I'm lucky but 75% is pushing it.

It bascially comes down to if the LEGO is marked correctly, it is gone quickly. But if it has the retail price and has not been updated with the new price, then we can get it.

[quote name='180husher']Some of us got it at Walmart for around $30.;)
[/QUOTE]

Some? I think you were the only one :lol:

I got mine for $70. I opened the box to make sure everything was in there since it had been previously opened, but everything is still sealed. I haven't decided if I want to keep it or sell it yet though.

Saw some of last years Target polybags at Meijer...the black Racers car and the SW Republic Attack Shuttle mini in their Easter display.$3.49 for the racer (.50 cents more than what Target had it for) and $3.99 for the SW ship. No spot for series 4 figs that I saw, though that was a long shot.

As for Target, rather than setting up the Easter stuff, it appears as though they put up some kind of section for Spring/Household stuff. I think since Easter is so late in the year, we may have to wait a few weeks for the 2011 Easter polybags to come out.

[quote name='elsnerma']I think since Easter is so late in the year, we may have to wait a few weeks for the 2011 Easter polybags to come out.[/QUOTE]

Well in 2-3 months they should be putting up the Christmas stuff. :lol:

[quote name='encendido5']Some? I think you were the only one :lol:

I got mine for $70. I opened the box to make sure everything was in there since it had been previously opened, but everything is still sealed. I haven't decided if I want to keep it or sell it yet though.[/QUOTE]

If i were you i would build it. Its one of my favorite sets. I picked up a few mini attack shuttles at Meijer last week in the easter section. They also had some series 3 on the end cap with other toys under $5.

swung by K mart today. All clearance toys are an additional 20% off.

Also got lucky and found an Imperial Dropship Pack and Rebel Scout Speeder Pack. They were normal price ($10.99) but still kind of a deal considering the prices they sell for online.

Any NYC CAGs, or any other CAG for this matter, know about any after market Lego stores in NYC? Tried googling, but I only seem to get returns for official Lego stores in NY. I'm sure Manhattan has a number of mom & pop toys stores still kickin', but I'm totally lost about finding them.

I'm trying to find other locations too so if anyone has a few favorites and wouldn't mind sharing, please let me know.

Found a little coupon pamphlet at TRU registers last week, forgot to mention it before...has a $5 off $25 good from 03/04/11 to 03/14/11, and another $5 off $25 good from 03/15/11 to 03/24/11.

And yes, I know... "that barely covers the TRU markup" etc etc.

Big thanks to : mmercer13 who hooked me up with a Star Wars Home One for $30 from the Lego Store on an extra he was returning...I called and they held it until I got there....much thanks.

does anyone have the current brickmaster code for lego shop at home? or any code for shop at home? If you do not want to post pm would be fine.

Anyone had experience with Foursquare and getting exclusive TRU deals? I'm all for smartphones but I'm reluctant to use Foursquare just to get a deal.

[quote name='TheHelix']Anyone had experience with Foursquare and getting exclusive TRU deals? I'm all for smartphones but I'm reluctant to use Foursquare just to get a deal.[/QUOTE]

I use Foursquare and have never seen a deal at TRU.

Hey everyone....kind of a quick poll for people...

Do you save the boxes? Instructions - Yes - - Boxes??? I have so many I'm thinking of 'tossing' them...

(for sets, I've actually built that is)...are they really worth saving?

If you do keep the boxes what do you do with them? Any suggestions for storing (break them down etc)

Thanks....

If it's a box that's sealed with the tape then I fold it down and keep it. If the box is one of the glued boxes like battle packs and most of the smaller sets, they go in the trash.

I get rid of the boxes, they take up far too much space. I have even been opening some of the sets I have yet to build and putting the bags and pieces in zip lock bags to cut down on the amount of space it takes up. Oddly my parents saved all of the boxes for the sets I had when I was a kid, and I have been trying to decide if I want to keep those or not.

I flatten and save special set boxes. The over $120 stuff, Cafe Corner etc. I don't resell sets much, but I was glad I hung on to my Batman boxes, they really boosted my final eBay price.

i toss the boxes only because i never sell Lego i've built, and even flattened boxes take up too much space for me. i do, however, have every Lego Shop at Home catalog since 1997. for some reason, i can't seem to ever ditch those.

I kept some of the tops of the big big sets that still had the open window... Really old ones
Ice Planet, Fright Knight castle and Explorian ship

Made them into posters with a nice frame. What better to hang with the rest of my bricks...

Boxes are trashed from everything else. not worth saving... just taking up space.

I save all boxes. They do take up room though. Sometimes I can put smaller ones into the bigger ones. I don't think I could get rid of them. I save everything from any toys I buy though. I wish I didn't because it takes up too much room. I keep all the catalogs also.
Speaking of throwing away boxes, my neighbor today has 2 boxes out with the garbage two space police sets, I took the booklets out of the boxes and there was a few extra pieces at the bottom of the box that I took.

I throw out the plastic bags, but I keep all the boxes. Right now the boxes aren't broken down, but I think I'm going to flatten the boxes this week as they're beginning to take up too much room. I'm about out of display room, too. I need to quit being lazy and put up some shelving units so I can properly display the sets.

[quote name='FadeToOne']All the boxes for all my sets are sitting in my attic, complete with their plastic bags.[/QUOTE]

You have some issues. :lol:

Boxes i get, they look pretty, but the plastic bags? :lol:

TnB is reporting that some LEGO sets are getting smaller boxes, and that the thing replacing Brickmaster is some lame building club thing.

[quote name='mickeyp']I save all boxes. They do take up room though. Sometimes I can put smaller ones into the bigger ones. I don't think I could get rid of them. I save everything from any toys I buy though. I wish I didn't because it takes up too much room. I keep all the catalogs also.
Speaking of throwing away boxes, my neighbor today has 2 boxes out with the garbage two space police sets, I took the booklets out of the boxes and there was a few extra pieces at the bottom of the box that I took.[/QUOTE]

Now there's a new topic... Lego dumpster diving :lol:

I have kept all the boxes and instructions on all my sets except for the ones I had as a kid. We had a small apartment, with little storage, so my mom cut out the important parts of the boxes (alternate builds, front cover, etc.) and we kept those.

I break down the small boxes and put them into the bigger boxes, but they almost take up a whole closet. I'm considering throwing them away, but I'll wait until I really need the space.

A new train set might be coming out....

http://smashingbricks.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/3677-freight-train/

Plus this from Brickset....
"The conference will include not one, but two LEGO designers who are coming over from Billund. Tim Ainley and Mark Stafford will be talking about the development of Ninjago and another new line that will be released later in 2011 (but the sets should be at the show!). In addition, Carl Greatrix will explain how the process of creating models for the LEGO video games differs from the process LEGO uses, or that you might do at home.

It's most likely Alien Conquest, but I find it odd they didn't just say that, however Huw (the operator) on Brickset does things differently than most.

So what is the deal with the key chains and magnets? Are they the same as the regular minifigs? Any differences?

I need to pick up all the minifigs to the star wars set "Rogue Shadow" and I do not want altered key chains or magnets.

Keychains have a keyring stuck in them and aren't really good for use in playsets. Magnet figures are just standard minifigs and can be removed from the magnetic 4x8x1 brick base.

Keychains have a hole in the head but it can be removed if you try hard. Then it's a normal minifigure with the feet and torso glued.

The key chains on sale at S@H are 2010 sets that are regular figures on a magnet base. The 2011 magnet sets are all glued together and are useless for anything besides magnets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back