LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lego Deals at TRU: 30% off Bounty Hunter Assault Ship, Slave I & AT-AT Walker, they are also having b1g1 50% on the minifigures and Bionicle.

Well I went to the Lego event yesterday and it was pretty cool, my daughter had fun building her piece of Yoda. There were a ton of people there already by the time I got there around 9:40, I was maybe around the 100 person in line. We received the same Yoda brick that ectrane posted a few days ago and the minifigures are descent.

Here is an eBay link (to no surprise that it is on there) because I had trouble taking the pictures because of the flash and the packaging.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Minifigure...369?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2de85cd9

Target had the Ninjago red ninja/ chicken dragon....

that and last years like City fire "truck" along with SW set of the AT-ST.

3.49 for the 2 and 3.99 for the SW set.

No minifigs.

No other sale besides the Seabed exlporer being -$5 off.

[quote name='Max Power']Did TRU raise the price on Battle for Geonosis? I could have sworn it was 39.99. Now it is 49.99. $10 raise seems like a lot.[/QUOTE]

TRU seems to be the worse place to buy Legos. A few weeks back, they had a 15% off sale, but if you looked closely at all the Legos, all the prices had new tags (with a hike of about 20% above the regular price). Great marketing, and devious practices as well.

Someone was selling Anakin's Starfighter (8037) for 25 at a swap meet. Please tell me I did the right thing? Seller said it was complete but the last set I bought second hand was far from it and I was told the same thing.

[quote name='TheHelix']Someone was selling Anakin's Starfighter (8037) for 25 at a swap meet. Please tell me I did the right thing? Seller said it was complete but the last set I bought second hand was far from it and I was told the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Retail is $60, so assuming it's complete I think you did just fine.

[quote name='TheHelix']Please tell me I did the right thing?[/QUOTE]

Hard to do since you never really said what you did. ;)

[quote name='dragonjud']TRU seems to be the worse place to buy Legos. A few weeks back, they had a 15% off sale, but if you looked closely at all the Legos, all the prices had new tags (with a hike of about 20% above the regular price). Great marketing, and devious practices as well.[/QUOTE]
I'll agree that some sets are marked up.

But all the ninjago, most Pharaoh's quest, half the new city sets, the new SW battle packs are still MSRP at my TRU.

So, when they had BOGO 50%, the discount was obviously 25% (except SW). Not sure about you, but that's a decent discount to me.

For those who will be attending BBTB next weekend, there is no scrath & dent sale, but both local LEGO stores will be offering tier discounts.

Purchases up to $99.99 before tax, where applicable – 10% discount
Purchases from $100.00 – $250.00 before tax, where applicable – 20% discount
Purchases from $250.01 and above before tax, where applicable – 30% discount

With the 30% off, it's a perfect time for me to pick up the big sets!

30% off would make the Death Star a cool $280. Pretty nice discount for those of you going.

So Kroger Marketplace...basically a big grocery store here in Ohio...had an ad that showed Series 4 minis...but listed them as $7.99 City Minifigure 4 Pack...I figured it was a mistake and that they meant the police collection, but I checked it out anyway just in case...no sign of them. There was another guy there looking for them and the employees said they had sold out...which I'm sure was a lie, the picture was a mistake. If anything, it shows that Kroger Marketplace has them in their system (or the product art is at least) so I'll know to keep an eye out in the future.

[quote name='elsnerma']If anything, it shows that Kroger Marketplace has them in their system (or the product art is at least) so I'll know to keep an eye out in the future.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be a surprise if it's in their systems, cause they already carry Lego sets & minifigs in their Fred Meyer stores on the west coast...

I need 4 more mini-figs for series 3. That TRU deal comes in at the right time as the ones I need I don't like, but the kids are forcing me to buy them to complete the set.

I swear I fingered the packages for 30 minutes just to find a hula girl. I don't really want to spend another 30 minutes looking for that tennis girl and the snowboarder.

Oh wow. I did not know about these Minifig mystery pouches. I used to love LEGO's and I have a popcorn tin full of them. Most of that tin is minifigs from 1981-1990.

I discovered a LEGO store in the mall and dropped 60 bucks there - most of that on series 3 minifigs. I got everything I really wanted, doubles of some stuff I liked and three complete misses (tennis girl, sumo x2) but I still need that damn fisherman and race car driver. I must have been feeling packages for an hour.

Is there a reliable seller for the first two series? I want particular figures - not entire sets. Super Wrestler and Surfer for example. I like the excitement of opening the pouch, but I'd consider buying the figure itself.

Also, is Space Police being discontinued? I liked a lot of those sets and my local TRU still has a few sets. I might get one before it's too late.

Another question - beyond the LEGO store and TRU is there anywhere I can find the MiniFigs? The guy at the local TRU says they sell out within a day and the mall is about 20 minutes away. Not too far a drive but still, I like to have options.

[quote name='Broseph']Oh wow. I did not know about these Minifig mystery pouches. I used to love LEGO's and I have a popcorn tin full of them. Most of that tin is minifigs from 1981-1990.

I discovered a LEGO store in the mall and dropped 60 bucks there - most of that on series 3 minifigs. I got everything I really wanted, doubles of some stuff I liked and three complete misses (tennis girl, sumo x2) but I still need that damn fisherman and race car driver. I must have been feeling packages for an hour.

Is there a reliable seller for the first two series? I want particular figures - not entire sets. Super Wrestler and Surfer for example. I like the excitement of opening the pouch, but I'd consider buying the figure itself.

Also, is Space Police being discontinued? I liked a lot of those sets and my local TRU still has a few sets. I might get one before it's too late.

Another question - beyond the LEGO store and TRU is there anywhere I can find the MiniFigs? The guy at the local TRU says they sell out within a day and the mall is about 20 minutes away. Not too far a drive but still, I like to have options.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Space Police are done .. being replaced by Alien Conquest this summer.

Target carries the minifigures for major holidays usually, as well as some other stores that aren't nationwide.

I double checked Brickset and the set in question was actually 7669...so retail price was 20 and she offered 25. I didn't get it because I was short on cash at the time.

In other news, today at work I found the Ninjago and mini AT-ST polybags but no space for series 4 minifigs.

[quote name='etcrane']Yep, Space Police are done .. being replaced by Alien Conquest this summer.

Target carries the minifigures for major holidays usually, as well as some other stores that aren't nationwide.[/QUOTE]

I actually just found minifigs at Walmart the other day. They were on the side of an endcap at the back of one of the toy aisles. Bought 2 and got 2 fisherman, what are the odds. lol.

[quote name='elsnerma']So Kroger Marketplace...basically a big grocery store here in Ohio...[/QUOTE]

Did that just open? One just opened here about a month ago and they were claiming it was the first one in the country. Maybe they lied or were putting up several concurrently.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Did that just open? One just opened here about a month ago and they were claiming it was the first one in the country. Maybe they lied or were putting up several concurrently.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it opened pretty recently. The one I went to was Beavercreek's.

[quote name='elsnerma']Yea, it opened pretty recently. The one I went to was Beavercreek's.[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know if I come across any at TRU, Meijer, or Target. I live in Oakwood. I did not see any series 4 at Meijer over the weekend. That's where I scored my series 3.

Picked up two of the mini AT-STs at Target today. They were just putting up their Easter displays now, but as others have said I saw no space on the planograms for Series 4 :(. Also they didn't have any of the mini Ninjago or mini Firemen out yet, but they were marked on the shelf.

Series 4 minifigs are showing up in TRU in the US today and yesterday.

$2.99 a pack (not working with the Series 3 promo they have:bomb:)

Item # 578074

You can call the TRU 800 number and have them search your local stores to see if they show up in inventory yet.

Get them now before they get jacked up to $3.99.

Good luck.

And I was so good at not buying any Legos lately!:bomb:

Damn... now to find that $10 off $50 TRU coupon I threw away yesterday because I didn't think I'd use it before it expires Saturday...

[quote name='FadeToOne']Damn... now to find that $10 off $50 TRU coupon I threw away yesterday because I didn't think I'd use it before it expires Saturday...[/QUOTE]

That reminds me I think I have a coupon, too...

[quote name='FadeToOne']Damn... now to find that $10 off $50 TRU coupon I threw away yesterday because I didn't think I'd use it before it expires Saturday...[/QUOTE]

So unfair…

I don't get these coupons.

GDR

I placed an order anyways. Since I'll never find these and they'll hike up the price

I just bought a case of Series 4 at Toys R Us today. They are $2.99 each. I will be going through and inspecting the packs this weekend to see how they are coding them. They are out there! I also picked up the two polybags from TRU (got the 3 at Target a couple of weeks ago). The Star Wars Attack Shuttle and Ninjago Skeleton Chopper.

Thanks for the info guys. I used the 800 number to find some about half an hour away. I think I'll go check it out.

EDIT

Thank God I called the actual store first. They said they don't have any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hazmat, Figure Skater, Mad Scientist, Princess... 4/16... I'm going to have to order a bunch of these to get the ones I want. Target's a long way from me, and TRU never has them in stock. :bomb:

Anyone think they'd be interested in trading whatever I end up with for the above?

stopped by my local TRU with the item #, and a very helpful lady looked them up on the computer. none in stock, and none pending. She then checked the 2 next closest stores; same results. Hopefully southwest florida will get some in the next round...
I know I could order some online, but I'm on the fence about that...would like to be able to select them myself rather then trust someone in the warehouse and end up with 6 of the same thing. Any other stores that might be getting these? Target?

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']I just bought a case of Series 4 at Toys R Us today. They are $2.99 each. I will be going through and inspecting the packs this weekend to see how they are coding them. They are out there! I also picked up the two polybags from TRU (got the 3 at Target a couple of weeks ago). The Star Wars Attack Shuttle and Ninjago Skeleton Chopper.[/QUOTE]

If any kind soul wants to sell me some Skeleton Choppers, it would be wonderful… target only has the dragon chicken set

Sweet, found Series 4 at one of the local TRUs

5 bag limit, so I ended up with a sailor, skater, hockey player, soccer guy, and hazmat guy.

I was gunning for the hazmat guy and I think I got the last one, it's by far the easiest one to feel because of the huge helmet. Definitely going to get a few more hazmat guys, now I just need to be patient and wait for a bump list so I don't grab doubles. I like this series but it's a bit heavy on figures I wouldn't want multiples of.

[quote name='Pirate331']Hazmat, Figure Skater, Mad Scientist, Princess... 4/16... I'm going to have to order a bunch of these to get the ones I want. Target's a long way from me, and TRU never has them in stock. :bomb:

Anyone think they'd be interested in trading whatever I end up with for the above?[/QUOTE]

Those are the four best ones, and the hokey player.

It's actually a turkey dragon not chicken dragon. :p

[quote name='etcrane']Can anyone post a picture of the Ninja Go 'chicken dragon' ;) ... I'm curious but haven't seen any in my area[/QUOTE]

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30083-1
30083-1.jpg

[quote name='bigdaddy']Those are the four best ones, and the hokey player.

It's actually a turkey dragon not chicken dragon. :p[/QUOTE]

lol yeah definately a bit bigger than a chicken.

Ninjago - Turkey Fight! :applause:

That is actually pretty neat, I went to a Target yesterday but they haven't displayed there Easter stuff. The one I want to go to that for sure has the sets is on the other side of town for me that I rarely frequent, so I have to wait till the weekend.

I'm kinda pist at Target for only carrying half of the poly bags. I really can't get these anywhere else....

So if anyone wants to make a few extra bucks, I'm willing to buy like 5 of these Choppers...

I still haven't seen ANY of the Kingdoms polys either... :( but I think I might be too late for those.

Oh, forgot to mention that I found polybags at Walmart today as well. They had X-Wings, Tie Fighters, and the Atlantis mini-sub.

[quote name='xycury']I'm kinda pist at Target for only carrying half of the poly bags. I really can't get these anywhere else....

So if anyone wants to make a few extra bucks, I'm willing to buy like 5 of these Choppers...

I still haven't seen ANY of the Kingdoms polys either... :( but I think I might be too late for those.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the fire choppers?

[quote name='skiizim']Are you talking about the fire choppers?[/QUOTE]

No the skeleton choppers.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30081-1

I really would enjoy these sets if i can get them.

My Target had the AT-STs... came back and they were all wiped out, so looks like there is a reseller in the area. I have the Turkey dragon one, and seen the City Fire ATV there, but that's it.

No minifigs, No other polys.

[quote name='xycury']No the skeleton choppers.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30081-1

I really would enjoy these sets if i can get them.

My Target had the AT-STs... came back and they were all wiped out, so looks like there is a reseller in the area. I have the Turkey dragon one, and seen the City Fire ATV there, but that's it.

No minifigs, No other polys.[/QUOTE]

Will check this weekend then, I always have luck at this Target. This one always seems to get all the polys all the time. How many do you want? Also, they might still have the Castle Archers if you want those too.

[quote name='xycury']http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30083-1

lol yeah definately a bit bigger than a chicken.

Ninjago - Turkey Fight! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Lol ... wow, you guys weren't kidding.

Hmm, it does comes with a Ninja tho ... might have to grab one if I ever see it. Definitely not something I'll be going out of my way to hunt down though ... gobble gobble ;)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I found series 2 at ShopKo today for $3 each; now I have 6 more Spartans.[/QUOTE]

I hate you. That's the only one I am missing. :bomb:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh, forgot to mention that I found polybags at Walmart today as well. They had X-Wings, Tie Fighters, and the Atlantis mini-sub.[/QUOTE]

I need to grab the X-Wing and Tie Fighters and then I'll be complete. Thanks for the heads up! :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back