LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='karkyco']Shoot, I got very excited that it was the TS3 garbage truck set that was $29, which I never found for half off at the Lego Store and is the only TS3 Lego set I'm missing.[/QUOTE]

Get on that Garbage Truck. That's my favorite of the whole Toy Story line; great mechanisms on the truck, rare dark green pieces and that bug figure, which could secretly be last year's coolest minifig. No joke, that little bug guy is SWEET.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Get on that Garbage Truck. That's my favorite of the whole Toy Story line; great mechanisms on the truck, rare dark green pieces and that bug figure, which could secretly be last year's coolest minifig. No joke, that little bug guy is SWEET.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the bug guy.... Twitch can only be found in that one set. I think Bricklink has him priced at or above $10 now.

Maybe I'll head back to my local Kmart(s). They had tons of the Garbage Truck on clearance (I think for $20, if not less).

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Maybe I'll head back to my local Kmart(s). They had tons of the Garbage Truck on clearance (I think for $20, if not less).[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's a TRU exclusive. :(

Ooh, the DFW Legoland Discovery Center is opening next week, and looks like it will have it's own Lego store. That'll be nice.

Anyone checked out the centers at Chicago or Atlanta? I'm wondering how good the store will be, since it's closer than the other two stores in the area.

[quote name='yakkotank']Nope, it's a TRU exclusive. :([/QUOTE]

Doh! I confused the TS3 Dump Truck (7789) for the TS3 Garbage Truck (7599). Carry on. Don't mind me. :oops:

Found Series 4 at TRU store today...$2.69 a pack. They also had those polybags, two boxes each, so I'd say a couple hundred at least. They are only putting one box of minifigs out at a time and they are ripping the tops off the boxes to prevent anyone from buying the whole box for $2.99.

[quote name='180husher']Found Series 4 at TRU store today...$2.69 a pack. They also had those polybags, two boxes each, so I'd say a couple hundred at least. They are only putting one box of minifigs out at a time and they are ripping the tops off the boxes to prevent anyone from buying the whole box for $2.99.[/QUOTE]

Stupid TRU.

Just cut the USB on the box out. Problem solved.

Does anyone have a S@H $5 of $20/$25 coupon? I'll probably just buy the minifigures from there, saves me time.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Stupid TRU.

Does anyone have a S@H $5 of $20/$25 coupon? I'll probably just buy the minifigures from there, saves me time.[/QUOTE]

They come with USB ports now? Is that to download the minifies instead of having to buy them? :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Stupid TRU.

Does anyone have a S@H $5 of $20/$25 coupon? I'll probably just buy the minifigures from there, saves me time.[/QUOTE]

Or just make sure the bar code doesn't pull up in the system, they don't match on series 3 at least (I just looked).

Got my TRU online order of 60 figs today. They shipped the whole box with the lid ripped off. The count for each figure matched what I've seen before. Also stopped at TRU today and they had 4 new boxes of series 3. haven't seen a box of series 3 in TRU in months.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Got my TRU online order of 60 figs today. They shipped the whole box with the lid ripped off. The count for each figure matched what I've seen before. Also stopped at TRU today and they had 4 new boxes of series 3. haven't seen a box of series 3 in TRU in months.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I hope they do that to me too :D

I ordered 60 but UPS dropped it off at the Post office, so I won't get it till tomorrow.

I think it's crazy stupid NOT to just throw a case to buy at S@H.......

[quote name='TheHelix']Saw Series 3 again at another Walmart, which is good news, but still looking for those TIE Fighter polybags.[/QUOTE]

How many people have actually seen these mini tie fighters? brickset has the newest one being released in 2008. sounds like something walmart found in the back room covered in dust.

I haven't seen any TIE fighters or X-Wings, and it's not for lack of looking, either. I also have yet to see any Series 4. Hopefully I see them soon. Unfortunately for me, I can't just order a box from TRU.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']How many people have actually seen these mini tie fighters? brickset has the newest one being released in 2008. sounds like something walmart found in the back room covered in dust.[/QUOTE]

I've seen them at about 4 different Walmarts now. They are the same ones Target had a year or two ago. They are in the Lego toy section but in green boxes like the ones they use for the toys in the Easter section. Maybe your stores are putting them in the Easter section.

[quote name='TheHelix']Saw Series 3 again at another Walmart, which is good news, but still looking for those TIE Fighter polybags.[/QUOTE]

They have TIE fighters and X-Wings at my Walmart hanging up on a rack right next to the LEGO aisle. Unfortunately for me, I can't find any Series 3 figures. Haha. We need our situations flipped. :)

[quote name='bigtaco55']They have TIE fighters and X-Wings at my Walmart hanging up on a rack right next to the LEGO aisle. Unfortunately for me, I can't find any Series 3 figures. Haha. We need our situations flipped. :)[/QUOTE]

I can't find these TIE fighter polybags by me, either. If anyone wants to trade a TIE poly (or Skeleton Chopper poly) for an AT-ST/Ninjago Turkey Dragon :)D) poly, I'd happily swap! (I've found lots of the AT-ST and Turkey Dragon around me.)

I ordered some series 4 minifigs from TRU a week ago today and for two days they've been tied up at the post office less than 20 minutes away...ugh.

Similar situation with my Hastings order. 3 minifigs arrived immediately and the other two are in limbo. They explained that the system will give up searching on Monday.

...I'm so impatient when it comes to shipping.

I found a Space Police VPR set and wow...I love this thing. I might order a few more. It would be neat to have a few lined up.

I managed to find a single AT-ST polybag in my area if anyone is interested let me know. I'm really only interested in minifigs but I don't know if that would be considered an equal trade.

My TRU order came in yesterday (they had actually shipped it Friday but didn't notify me of it till Sunday night), and it turned out pretty well. Ordered 26 ( just enough to get free shipping), and received:

4x Werewolves
3x Sailors
2x Artist, Hazmat, Ice Skater, Kimono, Soccer Guy, Musketeers, Surfer girl, Viking, Rocker
1x Gnome

So 12 of the 16, with 11 having duplicates, 9 of which having exaclty 2, which is what I'm aiming for.
I'm trying to get 2 complete sets of figs like I did with Series 3, plus extras of the ones I really like, so I can't complain too much. Now hopefully my TRU will get some figs in by the end of the week so I can get the rest at only $2.69 a piece.

Stolen from Brickset...

TRU

• Receive a Skeleton Chopper polybag (30081) free with any LEGO Ninjago set purchase of $20+.
  • Receive an Alien Spaceship polybag (30070) free with any LEGO Toy Story set purchase of $20+.
  • Receive an Attack Shuttle polybag (30050) free with any LEGO Star Wars set purchase of $20+.
Valid Sunday 3/27 thru Saturday 4/2 both in-store and online.

Went to TRU today after my Dentist Visit and I managed to pick up a case of Series 4 Minifigs and some Bone Choppers. It took me about 3 hours (not straight) to sort out the figs and I got
3 Lawn Gnomes
4 Kimono Girls
3 Musketeers
5 Punk Rockers
4 Surfer Girls
3 Vikings
4 The Monsters
3 Hockey Players
4 Street Skaters
5 Sailors
4 Soccer Players
5 Werewolves
4 Hazmat Guys
4 Artists
3 Ice Skaters
2 Crazy Scientists

I also found a cheat sheet with the bumps marked, http://cf.minifigcollector.com/images/bumpcodes-series4.png
I just noticed the cheat sheet after I was done trying to confirm the amount of each fig per box. Trying to tell the difference between each one wasn't too bad, not like series 3 where a lot of them felt the same. The ones that are hard I have to say is Werewolf and Frankenstein, the only way to really tell the difference is find the bone, other than that it wasn't too bad.

My order from TRU, 60 Figures bought, ONLY 59 in the loose box they shipped them in. :bomb:

Numbers...
1 Lawn Gnomes
6 Kimono Girls
4 Musketeers
5 Punk Rockers
5 Surfer Girls
1 Vikings
4 The Monsters
3 Hockey Players
4 Street Skaters
5 Sailors
3 Soccer Players
6 Werewolves
7 Hazmat Guys
2 Artists
1 Ice Skaters
2 Crazy Scientists

So yeah , I have a few extra I don't want.... have to get another 1 somehow, or a credit.

I still need just a few more, but this will save me $$ not picking up another box from EE. I think this series is probably the least amount of "army" types... probably means there will be some everywhere.

Ordered 8 Series 4 minifigs from TRU, which arrived today. I'm fairly pleased with the results:

1 Skater :whistle2:x
1 Hockey Player #-o
1 Artist :whistle2:|
1 Monster :whistle2:k
1 Werewolf :)
1 Kimono Girl :applause:

and...

2 Mad Scientists! :bouncy:

With my top 4 being the Hazmat guy, Mad Scientist, Kimono Girl, and Ice Skater, and either monster as 'acceptable' after getting those 4, I think I did pretty well especially with there only being 2 Mad Scientists in a full box. What're the odds that I get 2 in an order of just 8? :cool:

I made myself a deal...if I can't find any Series 4 by the end of this week, I'll try going Legoland. Perfect timing since I have spring break next week.

Of course, I'd call them first before wasting a 30 minute drive up there.

You guys are really scrambling for those Series 4. I'm not too worried about these since my local legostores will have these in stock next month. At least people are getting them for $2.99 and not some crazy $3.99 price. Good luck to you all!

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']You guys are really scrambling for those Series 4. I'm not too worried about these since my local legostores will have these in stock next month. At least people are getting them for $2.99 and not some crazy $3.99 price. Good luck to you all![/QUOTE]

Only because it's still 2.99......

WM
Target
Borders
…they don't have them
No Lego stores and tru only barely carries them

I should make another order…

Bought the last fourteen bags of Series 4 at my TRU. Got ten of the set--only four doubles! At this point, feeling the bag is just about as good as trying to read those #&%^*$ dots. They were shelved with a whole bunch of Series 3. I think LEGO has finally caught up to the demand on these things. I'm not too worried about netting the last six. Still haven't got that HAZMAT guy...

Series 4 might be a little harder to find as stores will run out sooner now that they changed the case quantity.

Series 1 - 3 were shipped 2 boxers per case (120 figures). Series 4 are now being shipped 1 box per case (60 figures).

[quote name='prim4444']Series 4 might be a little harder to find as stores will run out sooner now that they changed the case quantity.

Series 1 - 3 were shipped 2 boxers per case (120 figures). Series 4 are now being shipped 1 box per case (60 figures).[/QUOTE]

I started a MOC and I'm pissed I didn't find an Series 2 that weren't double the cost. I could use the life guard and surfer for a beach I have.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I started a MOC and I'm pissed I didn't find an Series 2 that weren't double the cost. I could use the life guard and surfer for a beach I have.[/QUOTE]

I've got doubles of Surfer and Lifeguard. I'd be willing to do a straight-up trade for some Series 4's. I need Hazmat, Sailor, Mad Scientist, Frankenstein, Musketeer and Gnome. I'll trade for any of those. Figs are mint condition in (opened) bags. PM me if you are interested.

Local TRU finally got Series 4 (price $2.69/each @10% off) and Skeleton Choppers. I picked up 10 packets of Series 4 after feeling up the entire box along with 1 Skeleton Chopper. I got a price adjustment on 2 of the Republic Attack Shuttle polybags I bought and also got a Flying Mummy Attack (I like the set). The cashier was even nice enough to give me a $5 off $25 coupon :).

Edit: After opening I got-

2x Hazmat Guys
1x Viking
1x Mad Scientist
1x Figure Skater
1x Hockey Player
1x Fishing Gnome
1x Musketeer
2x Kimono Girl

It's possible I got the 2nd Kimono Girl by hurrying and assuming the large piece was a Hazmat helmet, or because I let my son pick two packages at random. I certainly didn't feel out the Figure Skater, so I'm sure that was one of his picks.

The Hazmat Guys were by far the easiest to feel for as not only is their helmet huge but the spray gun is easy to discern.

I'm pretty happy with the spread I got, as in one fell swoop I got 4 of the figs I really wanted (Musketeer, Viking, Mad Scientist, and Hazmat Guy). Only the double Kimono Girl was an accident.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cassidyarch']I've got doubles of Surfer and Lifeguard. I'd be willing to do a straight-up trade for some Series 4's. I need Hazmat, Sailor, Mad Scientist, Frankenstein, Musketeer and Gnome. I'll trade for any of those. Figs are mint condition in (opened) bags. PM me if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

I haven't found any series 4 yet. It's a pain in the ass to find minifigures in Western MA and $5 for shipping is two figures.

If I find some I'll get back to you. How do I message on a mobile? Lol

I just came back from the LEGO store and I have confirmation that Series 1 CMF have arrived at the BAM station! I only saw Forestman & Circus Clown. Not S1 accessories though. Since I get a 30% discount all weekend because of BBTB, I couldn't resist getting a few. They also have the mermaid available.

lunapic_130101921497909_2.jpg

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I just came back from the LEGO store and I have confirmation that Series 1 CMF have arrived at the BAM station!

[/QUOTE]

You're on Toys N' Bricks!

[quote name='xycury']Forestmen and mermaids would be nice ... I need a freaking lego store :([/QUOTE]

Yeah for $3.33 I'd get a few mermaids.

Those Forestmen bring back so many memories! I remember those were the first minifigures I owned as a child.

On a side note, I scored an Anakin Jedi Starfighter for $22! Pretty stoked about it.

Hey Guys and Gals,
I've been away for quite awhile - just had to cool off on the LEGO purchases for awhile after all the awesome 2010 deals. \\:D/

Meanwhile I moved to Utah for a new job. Pretty slim pickins here due to the huge amount of kids per family! Anyway, what brought me back to the CAG board was to report on Series 4 Minifigs at TRU.

The other day I decided to play hooky from work and catch the latest Harry Potter film. I was early so I strolled in to the TRU next door. I hadn't been shopping for a long time, and since I hadn't been reading this forum (or any other), I had no idea Series 4 was out already. I glanced at the LEGO and other toys, but no major deals were there, so I started walking out. In the electronics area by the exit, a clerk was barely putting out a full box of S.4. That bright orange box really drew my attention to her direction, otherwise I might have missed it. Since it was unpicked through, I asked her if I could buy the whole thing (I'm not a LEGO dealer/scalper, I plan on returning the ones I don't need later after I figure out who is in which bag). My request was approved and on top of that they were 10% off! Sweet! She told me they were only shipped the one box of S.4 plus two S.3 boxes. It is true what prim said, S.4 is shipped one box per case, so hopefully stores will start getting more than 1 box per shipment. Thats cool that S.3 is still shipping too - makes it easier for everyone to find them. This new wave is awesome. My favorite figs from S.4 are: the punk rocker, gnome, and viking. Happy Hunting fellow LEGO maniacs!

And cutiepatootie - glad you're back in Paris safe and sound. I will reply to your PM later tonight.

~Zepp-Head

[quote name='FadeToOne']Ooh, the DFW Legoland Discovery Center is opening next week, and looks like it will have it's own Lego store. That'll be nice.

Anyone checked out the centers at Chicago or Atlanta? I'm wondering how good the store will be, since it's closer than the other two stores in the area.[/QUOTE]

So what's in a Discovery Center?

Found some S4 at a TRU. Clerk only let me take 5 but good enough for me.

Soccer player
Surfer
Gnome
Minifigure Skater
Sailor

Stopped at 2 walmarts in the past few days. One had four different kinds of polybag sets and the other store had none. Picked up some tie-fighters, x-wings, and police atvs.

Called up TRU.com Customer support... told them they forgot to send 1 packet for my order of 60.

They told me that they'll send 2 for my inconvience. They offered to increase shipping speed, and I was like, nah... I don't need them that fast.

I'm betting they'll be too more Kimonos ha!

I did order another 26, so hoping to round out what I need. I think I only need...

1 Gnome, werewolf and ice skater
3 Mad Scienctist and Monsters
A crap full of Vikings

Anyone willing to trade? I have these extras below.

Kimono Girls (3)
Musketeers (1)
Punk Rockers (3)
Surfer Girls (3)
Hockey Players (1)
Street Skaters (2)
Sailors (3)
Soccer Players (2)

[quote name='cassidyarch']Hey Zepp-Head, what part of Utah? I thought I was the only LEGO CAG in Utah. My TRU is in Orem.[/QUOTE]

Hi cassidyarch - I used to live in Oregon when I first joined CAG, but a few months ago I moved to the Salt Lake City area. The TRU I went to is known as "Sugar House". Hopefully Series 4 MFs will show up down there at the Orem TRU before the 10% off sale ends. Thats cool to find another LEGO CAG here in UT - we can share local deals! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back