LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Darthjer']It was worth it for me to use the scanner @ K-Mart today. Lotso's Dump Truck was tagged $19.99 on the shelf and not in the clearance section. Scanned at $7.50. Grabbed 5 (And no, I wasn't hoarding them. I left way more than that on the shelf). I scanned the other Toy Story stuff that were also marked regular price, but they were all still regular price (RC Car, Army Men, Buzz's Starship). Still an awesome get.

I envision a small squad of Lotsos to join my Nute Gunray Brigade.[/QUOTE]

It's a really nice set with three great minifigures. If I had more money I'd buy another because it's actually one of the better dump trucks LEGO has made in awhile.

[quote name='Darthjer']That's beautiful, but no Boba Fett?[/QUOTE]
Seriously. I'm not saying replace one of them (though I am so tired of the battle-droid figures, even if this one is IG-88), but would it really have been that hard to add BF in there too? Especially since there's the new version with the new Slave 1.

lol I came back to Kmart for Woody's Round Up...I was reluctant to get it because there was a dent on the box but the tape was intact so I took a chance. At $21 it was hard to pass up.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Saw a LEGO Space Police Galactic Enforcer on clearance at Target for $70.[/QUOTE]

My Target had a few of these on clearance for $70 for months before they gave up and raised the price back up to $100. I don't think they sold any of them.

Did Amazon always have the "test drive" thing? An android emulator in my browser works better than on my computer! This is EXACTLY what is needed for sales of apps - Google should pay attention here.

Hit Kmart this morning in hopes of some toy story 3 lego clearance. All they had was Lotso's dumptruck. They had 10 on the clearance rack in the center of the main aisle and 2 more where the regular legos are. The ones on the clearance rack had stickers that said they were 15.00, and the sign above the rack said take 50% off, so I snagged 2 dump trucks @ 7.50 each. Was hoping for Woody's Roundup, but happy with a couple dump trucks. They also had 2 of the city sports car set #8402 marked at $9 (so $4.50 after discount) Interestingly though, it rang up as a firetruck on the in store scanner (and on the receipt), so that might be YMMV. I checked for any firetrucks on the regular shelf to see if they rang up on clearance but couldn't find any. the only other lego on the clearance rack was a white bionicle figure marked at $7 ($3.50 with discount) but that didn't interest me.

[quote name='Darthjer']That's beautiful, but no Boba Fett?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like any of the minifigs are exclusive and for $400 I would rather get the death star.

[quote name='Max Power']Speaking of the death star. Anybody know the cheapest place to get one?[/QUOTE]

Your a little late on the deal but about year and half ago or so I purchased it from Target.com for under $300.

Your best bet would probably be a Lego store during one of there Sales, I think one is coming up in May but since the economy took a dump Lego sales have been kind of meh for me at the Lego store. You can also check on TRU.com, Target.com and I believe Walmart.com for price drops and/or sales.

I went to a few Kmarts today and didn't find any Woodys Round Up, I didn't see a sticker for them at either Kmart so they have been oos for a while. I did find Lotsos Dump Truck at one along with the Hero's Factory Plane. At the other they had Attack of the Squid and a Neptune Carrier, I didn't pick up either since I don't really care for doubles of those sets.

So here's my haul today since I had a 5 hour break between classes:

K-Mart:
Sports Car - 4.50
Jagged Jaws Reef - 7.50
Lotso's Dump Truck - 7.50
Army Men - 4

Looks like the TS3 Lego clearance is YMMV. The store where I got the three sets above still had Buzz's Spaceship and Army Men at regular price. All the sports cars I saw were really beat up, but the tape was still sealed so I took a chance.

Some bad news for me: I went back to get a TIE defender but the car I parked next to had already hoarded all the Legos. Like they were driving a shrinky dink Nissan Altima and the trunk and backseats were all filled with Legos. When I went to check the clearance section there were only a couple Atlantis sets and an opened Echo Base, and I already had those sets. Oh well, at least I scored some good deals before they came along. I bought another Army Men set because I was afraid someone else was gonna get the rest. Can't beat minifigs + extra pieces for a dollar each.

I went to some random toy store and found some Series 4...got 5 of them. I'll post what I got when I get back from class.

Someone posted that the Ambush in Cairo at TRU was clearanced to 6.98 and I couldn't find it at 3 TRUs, but one of the stores had like 4 boxes of S4 and they were placed in the main Lego section of the store, which is weird because the employees usually safeguard them at the register.

All in all, I've spent about $100 in Legos this week and I saved a ton of money compared to MSRP and besides missing out on a TIE Defender, I couldn't be any more happier. I probably won't have time to build all these sets at the moment because I'm graduating next month and still looking for a city planning internship/job.

HEY!

I'm heading to TRU on Sunday to return unwanted S4 minifigs. I'm willing to trade 1:1, S4:S4 on any that are in negative (). I am wanting/needing the count that is positive or no ().

Punk Rockers (7)
Sailors (7)
Werewolves (5)
Kimono Girls (4)
Artists (4)
Surfer Girls (3)
Street Skaters (3)
Hockey Players (2)
Soccer Players (2)
Lawn Gnomes (1)
Musketeers (1)
Ice Skaters 1
The Monsters 2
Crazy Scientists 2
Vikings 4

Please PM me and we can cross ship.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't understand how you can return opened minifigures... If I was a TRU store I would say no. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Couldn't tell if this was a joke that I wasn't getting, so...

If they're being returned, they're not opened. They're groped and violated like crazy (unless he's pretty sure about the dots), but they're still sealed in new condition.

Im looking for a series 4 set.
I have a complete set of series 2 mini figures and even some series 1 mini-figures I would really like to trade my complete sealed series 2 for series 4 thanks!

[quote name='Darthjer']Couldn't tell if this was a joke that I wasn't getting, so...

If they're being returned, they're not opened. They're groped and violated like crazy (unless he's pretty sure about the dots), but they're still sealed in new condition.[/QUOTE]

At my TRU the trash would buy them, open them, take the minifigures they want and the pieces they want and then try to return them. People are scum there.

PotC is up on TRU.com
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...gkw=lego pirates&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

[quote name='bigdaddy']At my TRU the trash would buy them, open them, take the minifigures they want and the pieces they want and then try to return them. People are scum there.

PotC is up on TRU.com
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...gkw=lego pirates&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1[/QUOTE]

Lol… these bags are unopened, so tru should take them. This series was easy to feel up so I know for sure that they are what they are. Wife compared dots so 110% for sure.

Thanks for the link!!!!!!!

I'm excited for PotC.

got next weeks ad
B1G1 50% Lego @ TRU (4/17-23)
excludes star wars, harry potter, mindstorm
might be a good time to go series 4 hunting

Yeah, seems like Target can't get rid of those Enforcers. On another board people are saying they're easy to find pretty much anywhere for cheap. I guess LEGO expected them to sell and really went for it production-wise.

Anybody have an Enforcer? Seems like it has a lot of pieces, if it gets down to the 75% clearance level I'd pick one up if people report that it's got a lot of good, versatile bricks in it.

[quote name='Max Power']Scored a Death Star for $360 shipped. Supposedly, the set is finally discontinued.[/QUOTE]

where from?

[quote name='Max Power']Scored a Death Star for $360 shipped. Supposedly, the set is finally discontinued.[/QUOTE]

Not yet for this set. The X-Wing will be discontinued in May. This set might stay around until the end of the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn...I bought the X-Wing for 40 for the minifigs. I have a feeling I overspent now.

Also the V wings are 17 at Target, but the set looks awful even at that price. I checked Brickset for an older V wing and the MSRP on that was 10 bucks. Sheesh.

I paid retail for the X-wing when it first came out, and that is the one SW set I don't regret doing that for. Good looking ship, decent piece count, nice playability, and 3X as many minifigs as would normally come with a set that size...you didn't overpay.

not much of a deal...but i received a 20% off any one item TRU reward coupon in my email today...only good Fri and Sat this week...

[quote name='TheHelix']Damn...I bought the X-Wing for 40 for the minifigs. I have a feeling I overspent now.

Also the V wings are 17 at Target, but the set looks awful even at that price. I checked Brickset for an older V wing and the MSRP on that was 10 bucks. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

I bought my X-Wing for around $45 and I definitely don't regret it. It's a nice set with great minifigs. The V-Wing isn't so bad, plus the two minifigs it comes with are nice (R2-Q2 and an Imperial Pilot). I bought one on impulse when it was on sale and thought it ended up being a decent enough set. Not great, but decent. Check out the minifigs -

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7915-1

Even at MSRP the X-Wing is worth it. The minifigs alone are amazing and I guarantee this is going to be one of those sets that will skyrocket.

I don't want to give too much info away, but lets just say some doors were open to me in the company. I'll drop info here whenever I see fit and keep my CAGs updated.

[quote name='dyne22']got next weeks ad
B1G1 50% Lego @ TRU (4/17-23)
excludes star wars, harry potter, mindstorm
might be a good time to go series 4 hunting[/QUOTE]

Now that PotC is out...hmmm....yes!

[quote name='dansoccerball']Im looking for a series 4 set.
I have a complete set of series 2 mini figures and even some series 1 mini-figures I would really like to trade my complete sealed series 2 for series 4 thanks![/QUOTE]

Which series one figures do you have? Cheerleaders hopefully.

Thanks for the input on the X-Wing. For me it was pretty hard to build, and I don't feel so bad anymore. Plus I got an extra mini Attack Shuttle when I bought it last month.

I got the 20% coupon as well and I was gonna get the small POTC set but I'll wait until next week so I can stack it with B1G1 50% off. Maybe I should get some Star Wars action figures? They're B1G1 50% off today and tomorrow.

[quote name='TheHelix']Thanks for the input on the X-Wing. For me it was pretty hard to build, and I don't feel so bad anymore. Plus I got an extra mini Attack Shuttle when I bought it last month.

I got the 20% coupon as well and I was gonna get the small POTC set but I'll wait until next week so I can stack it with B1G1 50% off. Maybe I should get some Star Wars action figures? They're B1G1 50% off today and tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Check your 20%-off coupon, mine is for today and tomorrow (Saturday) only.

[quote name='etcrane']Have the POTC sets been found in store at TRU or are you just referencing the website?[/QUOTE]

They have been found at some stores.

I would think they would wait until May 1st, but I don't know when the movie comes out.

I saw it today. They had Captain's Cabin (11.99), Isle de Muerta (19.99), and Whitecap Bay (79.99). And I saw POTC Pirate's Booty at the grocery store. Go figure.

Edit: I also saw TS3 Train clearanced at Target for 67.xx but I got one at Kmart for 20 before the hoarders came buy. At work I also found the train on clearance along with Army Men and Lotso's dump truck. Also found Battle of Alamut for 80 even though the shelf said 84.99. I'd get this set if it was clearanced to 40 so I can complete the PoP collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']Have the POTC sets been found in store at TRU or are you just referencing the website?[/QUOTE]

Pretty certain I saw most every set at TRU today. I'm not a fan of the movies so I didn't really commit anything to memory except Queen Anne's Revenge. That looks pretty nice.

Picked up a couple of extra toy story buzz's starship sets to see if anybody in the CAG community needs one .. I paid $12 a set .. Which is what I would want plus s&h ...

Finally found some clearance after a couple of months of nothing. I just picked up Guardian of the Deep and Seabed Scavenger for $4.50 each at Walmart.

Some of you may already be aware, but here are a couple noteworthy LEGO Store / S@H related items for May -

- May 3rd & May 4th, spend $75 on LEGO Star Wars sets and receive an exclusive, limited edition Star Wars minifigure (looks like some sort of special clone trooper / biker scout)

- May 10th - new sets release (Alien Conquest, Pirates, Cars, City Marina)

- May 17th & 18th - LEGO Club members get 50% off POTC Capatain's Cabin set with purchase of $35 worth of POTC LEGOs

- May 16th - 22nd - Get a free exclusive poster with any POTC purchase

- All month - B2G1 free on LEGO Star Wars keychains
Free LEGO Minifigure Ice Cube Tray with a $75 purchase
Double VIP points on the Rise of the Sphinx (must be a hot seller, huh LEGO ;) )

Don't think it's been mentioned before, and I'm not sure it's new to the Lego.com Pick A Brick store (though I don't remember it there before), but you can create skeletons for $.88 each. Seems like a really cheap way of creating a skeleton army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back