LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lordopus99']What do you guys use for storage of your Legos? I finally went through my childhood bin and sorted them by set. Now I want to store them by set. Any ideas on what to use to minimize storage?[/QUOTE]

i use generic brand ziploc freezer bags and store the bags in large, stackable plastic containers. i do the same for when i sort parts. that way everything is separated but you don't have a lot of wasted space like you would if each set/part category had its own container.

*Launches clearance torpedoes at TRU exhaust port*

Negative, it didn't go in, just impacted on the surface.

But I did get Hyperspeed Pursuit for 21 at Sears Essentials.

Fred Meyer One-Day Sale (April 23rd). (Those unavoidable Easter discounts are in full effect this time of year, eh guys?) ;) :

25% off ALL LEGOs, plus stack it with a 10% off ALL Toys coupon. I finally picked up some Harry Potter sets: Hogwart's was about $88 , Hagrid's Hut was about $27, Dobby was about $7, and The Burrow was about $40. No Express train in sight. Not super-great (only 33% off), but these sets are drying up around here and I fear that I may not see a better deal later on. But if I do find a better deal down the road, Fred Meyer doesn't seem to have a time limit on returns, so I should still be good. Now, time to save up for Diagon Alley...

I went to TRU and spent an hour feeling up the bags chatting with the mothers. ;)

I bought an elf, king kong guy, baseball player, fisherman and two tennis players. They also had a few snowboarders, cyborgs, mummies, alien, and a beach gal. Looking at the cyborg in the little picture i should have bought it too! The helmet is neat and I like the ray gun but I passed on it because I rather have the Alien Conquest guys, but he has pirate feet! That's so cool. :)

They didn't have series 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a ton of Space Police Galactic Enforcers today. Do you guys think they'll be valuable later on? I might invest in a few.

[quote name='Broseph']I found a ton of Space Police Galactic Enforcers today. Do you guys think they'll be valuable later on? I might invest in a few.[/QUOTE]

How much were they?

No one really wants them, they will never really we worth a lot.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Looking at the cyborg in the little picture i should have bought it too! The helmet is neat[/QUOTE]
Agreed. That new space helmet is probably the best piece of headgear Lego has put out in the space line(s). Definitely one of the redeeming qualities of SP3 once the second wave came about.

[quote name='bigdaddy']How much were they?

No one really wants them, they will never really we worth a lot.[/QUOTE]

They're $50 right now. I'm going back in a week to see if they're still there. I'm hoping they'll go lower.

Another 50% off clearance LEGOs deal for Easter at TRU. This time I'll save the e-mail so I can clear the air on this.

Edit: Ah nevermind, I misread the ad. Up to 50% off. I'm staying home.

[quote name='TheHelix']Another 50% off clearance LEGOs deal for Easter at TRU. This time I'll save the e-mail so I can clear the air on this.[/QUOTE]

Are we sure this time. :p

For some reason two weeks ago they had a lot of clearance including the crawling crane but that's now $50 instead of $35 and the SP3 sets had little red cleanace tags but but seemed regular price.

[quote name='TheHelix']Another 50% off clearance LEGOs deal for Easter at TRU. This time I'll save the e-mail so I can clear the air on this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddy']Are we sure this time. :p

For some reason two weeks ago they had a lot of clearance including the crawling crane but that's now $50 instead of $35 and the SP3 sets had little red cleanace tags but but seemed regular price.[/QUOTE]

Same as before, up to 50% off original prices, no additional sale on clearance. Believe me, if there was a sale, I would have posted about it.

There is a coupon for today's deal of the day in the same email. Buy 1 Get 1 50% off all Star Wars and Harry Potter Lego sets for today only.

[quote name='180husher']Clearance Legos still regular clearance prices online. Didn't think TRU was open today.[/QUOTE]

They were open last year on Easter also. If TRU had their way, they would be open every day. They were very very close to having all stores open on Christmas last year.

[quote name='prim4444']
There is a coupon for today's deal of the day in the same email. Buy 1 Get 1 50% off all Star Wars and Harry Potter Lego sets for today only.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a Star Wars set on Friday so time to use the coupon and get a second for half off whether I need to rebuy both to return the one or if they just retro the sale.

For those looking for the coupon...
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...9248952&csc=1353850&csa=198983192&csu=1354544

Waiting for monday to hit the local Target (went today, but it was closed for Easter...weird cause nothing else here is closed) I'm hoping the pile of lego polybags that I saw friday in the easter section will be in the easter clearance. They had lots of the mini AT-ST, and some police and fire vehicles.

For Easter I got....

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7206-1

And some random grab bags from a flea market. I swear I picked different bags (I buy my LEGO then my mom pays me back and I get them as gifts later :lol:). These bags had a ton of black late 80s space minifigures, and several castle ones. About 25 torsos in two ziplock bags. I thought I bought a few bags that had a weird minifigure torso and some Islanders but I guess now. Still I have an army of these black and white space guys. Too bad only one came with helmet and air tanks. The black air tanks on PaB online are 26 cents a piece.

[quote name='JediKiller24']Waiting for monday to hit the local Target (went today, but it was closed for Easter...weird cause nothing else here is closed) I'm hoping the pile of lego polybags that I saw friday in the easter section will be in the easter clearance. They had lots of the mini AT-ST, and some police and fire vehicles.[/QUOTE]

Cripes, I would love those polys at a nice discount. They are usually gone in a week here. which either means we have some royal hoarders between the two stores or they get one shipment of just 15 bags each.... that's it.

Target blows for that....

^ I think it's hoarders.

I have been going to two different Targets about once a week and they had TONS of the bags one week and the next they had about 3. I think a box has like 60 in it or something and they don't sell for about two weeks and then it seems everyone buys them. I doubt it's mothers going "This is a good deal" and buying them all in a week.

I finished the fire helicopter, it's a fine set, but the helicopter is like 30 pieces. It's really badly juniorized. Which reminds me of something that happened right when I got to the LEGO aisle at TRU yesterday. A boy 8-10 was there with his mom talking about how awesome certain sets were, but that he didn't want a set because it was too big and he...

My gods help us all now....

didn't want to spend so long building it.

This is what LEGO has to get to buy their sets. Children like that should be... nevermind.

So a couple weeks ago I noticed Luke's landspeeder at Walmart, and realizing I don't have it and it's been out for a while (I thought it might be discontinued), I decided to keep tabs on it. Decided to check it out again today and saw that it had gone up in price or out of stock most everywhere. Went to Walmart and they are gone, I swear they were there just a day ago or so. Unbelievable.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ I think it's hoarders.

I have been going to two different Targets about once a week and they had TONS of the bags one week and the next they had about 3. I think a box has like 60 in it or something and they don't sell for about two weeks and then it seems everyone buys them. I doubt it's mothers going "This is a good deal" and buying them all in a week.

I finished the fire helicopter, it's a fine set, but the helicopter is like 30 pieces. It's really badly juniorized. Which reminds me of something that happened right when I got to the LEGO aisle at TRU yesterday. A boy 8-10 was there with his mom talking about how awesome certain sets were, but that he didn't want a set because it was too big and he...

My gods help us all now....

didn't want to spend so long building it.

This is what LEGO has to get to buy their sets. Children like that should be... nevermind.[/QUOTE]

This is truly scary. Unfortunately, kids like these, and their parents, are the reason we have: dummed down video games, pathetic current-gen. music, terrible TV shows and, regarding Lego, modular steps for "easier" building.

So much for promoting hardwork, frustration and the satisfaction of accomplishment. I remember when I used to try to construct the alternative builds on the back of the set boxes, which never came with directions in the set booklet, and it would take me days to it figure out. Although I would become peeved when I couldn't finish some models I still found the whole experience so entertaining and enjoyable! I guess for a kid like that it would be the opposite and mom would be there to totally agree on his part.

"The times they are a-changin'...." -Bob Dylan

No luck at Target today with the Easter Polybags. Sometime between friday afternoon when I was there and saw ~25 bags of ATST's and this morning at opening they all disappeared. I got there just as they opened, and all I could find were 6 of the fire truck set 30010. I bought 2, they rang up $1.74 each.
They did have a nice end cap display of PotC sets; all but the large ship. They look great, and are on my to buy list, just didn't have the money to buy any today.

Question for those of you with the PoC sets - does the samurai sword/katana from Ninjago/Series 3 Samurai fit in the hip scabbard from the PoC sets?

If so, I would love to have a few of those.

Picked up a 3 at-st out of 7 that I found at one Today, I also picked up a Galactic Enforcer for $50.48, hopefully I can find one for $25 but I doubt it.

[quote name='skiizim']Picked up a 3 at-st out of 7 that I found at one Today, I also picked up a Galactic Enforcer for $50.48, hopefully I can find one for $25 but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

I bought one at $50 after much debate. I didn't really have the extra cash but I love space stuff and I just couldn't risk it - I doubt they'll stick around long enough to hit $25.

If they do though, I'm in for another. I just started collecting again last month so I missed most of Space Police. Good thing Alien Conquest is happening soon.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']This is truly scary. Unfortunately, kids like these, and their parents, are the reason we have: dummed down video games, pathetic current-gen. music, terrible TV shows and, regarding Lego, modular steps for "easier" building.

So much for promoting hardwork, frustration and the satisfaction of accomplishment. I remember when I used to try to construct the alternative builds on the back of the set boxes, which never came with directions in the set booklet, and it would take me days to it figure out. Although I would become peeved when I couldn't finish some models I still found the whole experience so entertaining and enjoyable! I guess for a kid like that it would be the opposite and mom would be there to totally agree on his part.

"The times they are a-changin'...." -Bob Dylan[/QUOTE]

I actually like the modular steps because then I could build the truck one day and the helicopter the next, so it's like two sets in one. Plus I would go bad with 600 pieces trying to find that one lost piece. However I still loved building the sets. I never went "I'd like this LEGO set, if only someone would build it for me". Children these days, hell most people under 22-23 these days are clueless drones who think friends are people you talk to on Facebook when you get bored, and that they deserve the world for doing nothing because their parents treated them like kings and queens. I'm thankful I just made it to be the last age group that didn't have computers to cause ADD, and cameras and iPods and cell phones. A 5 year old cousin and 3 year old cousin got fake cell phones for Easter. That's really something we need to teach the children. I'm 25 and I see a HUGE difference between 24-25 and 20-21-22. It's amazing what the few year gap means. I didn't have a computer with internet until 8th grade, didn't have a DVD player until the week I graduated from high school and just got an iPod last July. Children now have iPods and cell phones when they are 5! It's disgusting.

[quote name='Broseph']Question for those of you with the PoC sets - does the samurai sword/katana from Ninjago/Series 3 Samurai fit in the hip scabbard from the PoC sets?

If so, I would love to have a few of those.[/QUOTE]

It fits.

One of the big things that you guys are forgetting is that Lego creates sets for multiple age groups, and we're adults picking on toys for children. The reason for the "juniorized" helicopter is because Lego has been trying to get with the times and have their products match their real world counterparts. I'm not a huge fan of the new airplanes for the same reason that you think the helicopter is so simple.

But the box says 5-12 on it. Which means that a 5 year old could build it with relative ease.

I have an 8 year old who has the same problem that you guys see in kids. I push him to stick to it, but sometimes kids just wanna play. They don't want to follow directions, or instructions, they just want to use their imagination. And that's what lego is all about, promoting imagination and creativity. The very meaning of their name is derived from the words "Leg Godt" which means PLAY WELL. :booty:

Not to sound like a dick, but as a fan and parent of a fan, your opinions frustrate me. From my standpoint, and with all the knowledge of the company that I have, I find it rude that you guys are picking on modular building and sets directed at younger audiences.

Yes, I know that I took 2 opinions and complained about them in the same post, but I figured you guys would understand my points

That being said, Nice scores, everyone. I managed to score a few things at k-mart, A lotso's dumptruck for my son, and a few to put away.

Also, Bigdaddy, I see the same exact thing you're talking about in younger generations. Shit, I have a hard time with people of the same age group. People have become so self centered thanks to things like myspace, twitter and facebook. It's all me, me, me all the time. I can't wait for the day that people realize that social media is ruining society.

I know all that and it's all nice and dandy however this helicopter badly designed. I have the even bigger, 8 wide Coast Guard set from a few years and even with the huge pieces it's a nice looking set and a good build. The fire helicopter is a $40 set, the plane looks better, the helicopter and limo set look nice and is $30. The helicopter is literally just a few huge pieces stuck together. Lego has mixed the new pieces with the old better and had decent sets. The new Fire Helicopter looks nice, but should have been so much better.

And the mom at TRU rolled her eyes at her own child. If I was a parent no iPod, no computer besides for school, no cell phone until high school. Parents need to step up and be parents instead of sticking their children in front of a TV as a form of babysitting.

My "Big Daddy" name in before the video game character, and I guess there was a Wrestler I never knew about. It's a joke because I can't stand the children of today.

I thought the ones that didn't or couldn't survive through an instruction booklet they had…

Bionicle
Ben10
Hero factory

…am I right?

As per the older gen vs new gen, I'm a bit older and totally agree with BigDaddy

Got my series 2 Minifigs in the mail today.

3 Spartans (!!!???)
2 Lifeguard Girls
2 Witch
2 Pharaoh
1 Surfer
1 Karate Guy
1 Vampire

That's every figure I really wanted in one go - with the exception of those damn Pharaohs.

Kind of lukewarm on the witch. I'm always cool with a single copy - even if I don't want the figure that bad - but I definitely didn't want two witches. Ah well.

Now to find a few figs from series one -___-

I had to pull the trigger on the X-Wing and AT-AT over the weekend. I got the manager to apply the B1G150% off Star Wars coupon and got 2 of each. Spent close to $200, but I figure I better get these sets now while I have the chance. Oh and it still applied the "free drop ship" deal so I got 2 free bags of that one. $30 each for the X-Wings and $60 each for the AT-ATs plus 2 free polybags, I can't really complain too much.

I'm going to go through my polybag minifigs and see which extras I can part with...

[quote name='Broseph']Got my series 2 Minifigs in the mail today.

3 Spartans (!!!???)
2 Lifeguard Girls
2 Witch
2 Pharaoh
1 Surfer
1 Karate Guy
1 Vampire

That's every figure I really wanted in one go - with the exception of those damn Pharaohs.

Kind of lukewarm on the witch. I'm always cool with a single copy - even if I don't want the figure that bad - but I definitely didn't want two witches. Ah well.

Now to find a few figs from series one -___-[/QUOTE]

I hate you. I'm still missing the Spartan. Keep looking for either a good deal, one in a random store or one in a garage sale. LOL $8.00+ let alone the bend me over a chair $8+ shipping fees that I have come across on either eBay or Amazon is ridiculous.

Demonchylde and I each picked up one of the 7942 Offroad Fire Rescue on sale for $8 ($7.99 off regular price :roll:) at Target, not the best deal but for 130 pieces I'll take it. They also have a bunch of $9.99-10.49 sets for $8 - the Pharoah Quest motorcycle set, Police helicopter (small), and the Knight's Rescue. This store also had 50+ Lotso's Dump Truck marked at 50% off, but the price scans at $16.96 :roll:. Considering the Kmart clearance price, no thanks!

Found a couple of the clearance Easter off road fire captain polybags and picked those up too.

[quote name='karkyco']I had to pull the trigger on the X-Wing and AT-AT over the weekend. I got the manager to apply the B1G150% off Star Wars coupon and got 2 of each. Spent close to $200, but I figure I better get these sets now while I have the chance. Oh and it still applied the "free drop ship" deal so I got 2 free bags of that one. $30 each for the X-Wings and $60 each for the AT-ATs plus 2 free polybags, I can't really complain too much.

I'm going to go through my polybag minifigs and see which extras I can part with...[/QUOTE]

That X-wing is a great set. My little girl and I loved building it and flying it around the house. I like the AT-AT but haven't opened it yet so I can't really say how great it is. Unless you get extremely lucky with clearance, which is hit and mostly miss for some of us, you did good with the B1G150%.

I scored a couple of sets at target and got the AT-ST and fireman for 50% off. There was no way they would ever make 75% off around here.

[quote name='karkyco']Demonchylde and I each picked up one of the 7942 Offroad Fire Rescue on sale for $8 ($7.99 off regular price :roll:) at Target.[/QUOTE]

That set was $10 and might be $13 now, but in no way has it ever been $16. :lol:

Target is getting to TRU levels.

Turns out it's the last of the great older fire sets still on S@H and it's still $10.

I was at work today and a lot of the 9.99 MSRP sets are TPC'ed to 8. Thinking about getting the Seabed Strider.

I got a 20% off coupon for tomorrow only but...excludes all toys making it practically useless.

Hit another Target this morning and was surprised to find that the Easter polybags are now clearanced at $.99 each (75% off the AT-ST, 71% off the Ninja-Go and City ones). Not sure if this store started at that price, or already dropped from 50% off to 75% off in a day, but all the Easter clearance was ringing up at 75% off. I actually had the receipts for my previous polybag purchases with me so I managed to get all of those price adjusted as well.

Dan, every page?

On another note, I'm sure you've all seen, since I only know about the site from somebody mentioning on here, but ToysNBricks told of Amazon selling the Emporium for $139.99 ($10 off) and (of course) free shipping. Finally had to pick one up, since I don't remember ever seeing it on sale (or available when it was on sale).

[quote name='karkyco']Hit another Target this morning and was surprised to find that the Easter polybags are now clearanced at $.99 each (75% off the AT-ST, 71% off the Ninja-Go and City ones). Not sure if this store started at that price, or already dropped from 50% off to 75% off in a day, but all the Easter clearance was ringing up at 75% off. I actually had the receipts for my previous polybag purchases with me so I managed to get all of those price adjusted as well.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Seasonal clearance is the only thing specifically mentioned in Target's return policy as being refunded for the current price and not what you paid. I don't know how you pulled that one off.:applause:

Of course my Target put out series 4 and some POC this week...after the BOGO sale is over.:cry:

[quote name='180husher']Wow. Seasonal clearance is the only thing specifically mentioned in Target's return policy as being refunded for the current price and not what you paid. I don't know how you pulled that one off.:applause:

Of course my Target put out series 4 and some POC this week...after the BOGO sale is over.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I did my usual method of "I'd like to change my form of payment" return/rebuy.

so i randomly bought a lego set just for fun the other day (kingdom set, not sure on the number) for the first time in 15 years (or so?) and i kinda liked it. i'm thinking about going for the whole set; any tips for a newbie as far as storing and keeping sets nice? do you hardcore collectors keep all the boxes instructions etc?

how often to sales pop up? like i said, this was just a whim, so i wasnt really looking for a sale.

^ I did the exact same yesterday, bought my first Lego set in YEARS when I saw the PotC sets at Target, just couldn't resist (I got a thing for Pirates).

Looks like I'm back into this hobby, wouldn't mind the rest of this series. My God I would love the Queen Anne's Revenge set..

Though I'm quite aware there are rarely any real sales on Legos, I guess my best bet is Amazon (no tax).

[quote name='karkyco']I did my usual method of "I'd like to change my form of payment" return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

You have one hell of a target to let you do that with just the slip

My target requires product with slip

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back