LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TheHelix']Did anyone go to the Ninjago camp today at TRU? I was going to go but I had some last minute problems that prevented me from going.[/QUOTE]

I went , nothing good at all. My son got a VIP nametag that hangs aroung your neck and a poster. I thought it was supposed to be a mother's day lego event today.

[quote name='mickeyp']I went , nothing good at all. My son got a VIP nametag that hangs aroung your neck and a poster. I thought it was supposed to be a mother's day lego event today.[/QUOTE]

The mother's day event was for Canada.

"You can tell if the pieces are LEGO, each stud says LEGO." - Me
"What's a stud?" - My Mom

Some people. :lol:

However I'm also a stud. ;)

[quote name='bigdaddy']"You can tell if the pieces are LEGO, each stud says LEGO." - Me
"What's a stud?" - My Mom

Some people. :lol:

However I'm also a stud. ;)[/QUOTE]

When your mom used to tell you that you were very pretty.

In her head she meant pretty ugly!!!

smiley-char103.gif

I kid!

On, topic... I almost bought a few of these
smiley-alien011.gif
from the Lego store today, I resisted temptation but I don't know for how long. Those sets are just so cool, why do they make space themes so awesome? I really liked the Mission to Mars sets but the only thing I didn't like were the colors.

You are the only one that liked that horrible Mars theme. :lol:

After building part of the space ship I wish I bought the space guys from series 3 minifigures.

Just a heads up, but if you were in the market for the Fire Brigade set you better make it soon. The Petshop set will be replacing this one on the shelves.

I might be the only one on this, but I really dislike the Earth defense sets from Alien Conquest. They are too cartoonish and clunky for my taste, but either way the mothership and alien sets are pretty cool.

Noticed the thread was updated ... latest post from dansoccerball ...

Shockingly ... still looking for series 4 ... after 10 pages worth of requests to trade ;)

Hmm, should I buy Fire Brigade instead of the Pet Shop?

Anyone who has purchased Fire Brigade have strong feelings about the set one way or the other?

The only reason I would buy Fire Brigade over Pet Ship is that fact that it is most likely to be discontinued soon. Hell you can buy two Fire Brigades and double your profit and then buy Pet Shop with the money made. All of this assuming Fire Brigade does get discontinued, I just checked and it was November of last year that the Green Grocer was marked as Sold Out on the site.

The Fire Station is my least favorite. Just bores me, but I don't own any of them. :lol:

Just because it's discontinued doesn't mean it will sell out that week. Just means they are no longer making it. They will still have them in warehouses. Last Christmas Amazon had it for BOGO50%, I don't see the demand being as high as turgidity fancy town sets.

I'm 5/6ths done with the big SP3 ship. I wish I bought more of the 2010 line, and the cyborg series 3 guy. It's a lot of fun, and I'd like more criminal aliens. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy POC Lego video game at Target this week and get any $11.99 or under Lego set for free...the picture shows the POC $11.99 set...the only POC set we've already purchased so far. Seems like the best deal this week for this game and the kids loved the xbox demo.

Anyone willing to help me get my hands on one of those 75% Galactic Enforcers? The damn Targets in my area have been sold out for weeks. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could...

25% off Desert of Destruction at Amazon - $67.49

I want that rig and buggy pretty bad - but I think I'll risk waiting for a deeper discount.

Also, 8077 Exploration HQ dropped to $35.00 at my local Wal Mart - pretty tempting.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Anyone willing to help me get my hands on one of those 75% Galactic Enforcers? The damn Targets in my area have been sold out for weeks. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could...[/QUOTE]

You're grasping there, most didn't last hours after the discount and I'm certain none survived weekend shoppers...not to mention the trouble and cost of shipping that big of a set.

[quote name='TheHelix']I saw series 4 at walmart the other day, so it must be a good sign.[/QUOTE]

Somebody tell dansoccerballs quick!

[quote name='180husher']Your grasping there, most didn't last hours after the discount and I'm certain none survived weekend shoppers...not to mention the trouble and cost of shipping that big of a set.[/QUOTE]

You may be right about that, but here's hoping a CAG who bought a "few" wouldn't mind selling me one. Heck, I don't need the box either so simply placing them in a small USPS prepriced box will work.

Anyone?

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']You may be right about that, but here's hoping a CAG who bought a "few" wouldn't mind selling me one. Heck, I don't need the box either so simply placing them in a small USPS prepriced box will work.

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

The only way you could get one out of me is if you had something really good to trade. My extra sets are usually spoken for as soon as i find them. Too many kids in my family that love Legos to have many leftovers no matter how many I find.

I saw Series 4 minifigures at Meijer over the weekend. They were in the toy aisle on an endcap, where the novelty toys usually are.

well..... finally eating into my backlog of sets.....

Found out that I wanted 8104 but got set 8105 instead. Stickers, book and pieces, just not the right box.

Bummed because that was suppose to complete my set so now I'm down a Shadow crawler and doubled up on my Iron Condor...

ARG.....

For people that missed out on the $25 Galactic Enforcer (like me), there's a slew of them on ebay now for around $55 shipped. I ended up buying one. I probably spent more than $30 already in lost time and gas looking for one.

[quote name='BoboTheBear']For people that missed out on the $25 Galactic Enforcer (like me), there's a slew of them on ebay now for around $55 shipped. I ended up buying one. I probably spent more than $30 already in lost time and gas looking for one.[/QUOTE]

It's worth it, with tax I paid $55. It's a neat set, I just wish it had a back "fin" or something.

The Cars cars are all printed pieces. I kind of hoped they would be stickers for all the crazy new pieces in weird colors.

[quote name='prim4444']In addition to the Cars 2 sets on sale next week, Pirates sets will also be 20% off.[/QUOTE]

Will the coupon from the summer rewards members mailer for $10 off a $50 purchase work with this sale? I'm in for some Pirates if it'll work.

[quote name='JediKiller24']Will the coupon from the summer rewards members mailer for $10 off a $50 purchase work with this sale? I'm in for some Pirates if it'll work.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it will work.

[quote name='prim4444']In addition to the Cars 2 sets on sale next week, Pirates sets will also be 20% off.[/QUOTE]

I can't beleive they still have Pirate sets in stock at TRU. It's like the series that just won't go away.

I think TRU only has 2 sets. The raft and the cannon battle.... pretty lame.

Finally got a zombie today, and I think I'm in love. Best minifig of the 4 sets, hands down. Too bad the person I bought it from is out of series 1...

What are the odds the zombie shows up in the build your own minifig piles at the Lego Store? I was at mine Saturday, and they had clown heads/torsos. The magician was out a few weeks before.

[quote name='xycury']I can't beleive they still have Pirate sets in stock at TRU. It's like the series that just won't go away.

I think TRU only has 2 sets. The raft and the cannon battle.... pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, POTC sets;)

thanks for the reply! glad to hear the coupon will work. Def. in for some pirates (PotC)...heck I woulda been in for some of the old pirates sets too if my TRU had any

I was at the marine corps exchange and they still have brickbeard's ship for 94.99. They don't charge tax either. Too bad I can't afford it.

I went to Target and bought 7 more minifigures from series 4. I bought the garden gnome, the Japanese princess, the rocker and the painter. I thought I bought a gay sailer but it turns out to be a mad scientist... which I had already bought 2 more of! I now have three! Plus there was one more left in the store. How many are in a display?

I passed on the knight guy, frankenstien (I can't spell), the soccer player and a second hazmat guy. I'm thinking if Target gets more (they will be out of stock by next week) I'll buy a second princess, gnome, hockey player.

Is this at Toys R Us? Sorry if I missed the location if it was mentioned previously..

If so then this might be the time for me to pick up Queen Anne's Revenge..

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Is this at Toys R Us? Sorry if I missed the location if it was mentioned previously..

If so then this might be the time for me to pick up Queen Anne's Revenge..[/QUOTE]

prim4444 is are local TRU informant, so yes! I don't think it's a good buy at least for me. The set has a $12 TRU tax so -20% is really only taking off tax plus 10%. I hope by the time the sale starts and the release of the Cars sets that the prices haven't been jacked up.

I can't beleive your TRU's would dare have great sets like the QA....

I'm surprised that they have all the modular sets in stores...

At my TRU... NOTHING.... it's pretty pathetic. We get like 4 sides of a 16 foot asile... jammed pack with all the general sets.

Never getting any of the polys and definately not grand sets like QA.

[quote name='skiizim']prim4444 is are local TRU informant, so yes! I don't think it's a good buy at least for me. The set has a $12 TRU tax so -20% is really only taking off tax plus 10%. I hope by the time the sale starts and the release of the Cars sets that the prices haven't been jacked up.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks! I just recently got into Lego again cause of POTC sets. Thanks for pointing out on the TRU tax, I didn't even notice they charge more than other places. I just calculated that I'm only saving about $5 after tax compared to buying it on Amazon. I guess I might hold off since I have to drive awhile to get to my closest TRU anyway.. gas $ :(

Best of luck to your Cars sets.

[quote name='xycury']I can't beleive your TRU's would dare have great sets like the QA....

I'm surprised that they have all the modular sets in stores...

At my TRU... NOTHING.... it's pretty pathetic. We get like 4 sides of a 16 foot asile... jammed pack with all the general sets.

Never getting any of the polys and definately not grand sets like QA.[/QUOTE]

I was quite surprised myself when I saw it there 2 weeks ago, I guess the TRU I go to is considered a better one. Sorry to hear about yours .. :(

Did anyone else get a 20% off one item coupon instead of $10 off $50? I suppose in a way it's better if I only want one thing, especially if it's over $50.

Target marked down the Toy Story clearance Legos to 50% (they started at 15% so they will be gone after this)...and then for the first time I've ever seen they marked up some other regular priced sets by $1.00 or $.50???

[quote name='180husher']Target marked down the Toy Story clearance Legos to 50% (they started at 15% so they will be gone after this)...and then for the first time I've ever seen they marked up some other regular priced sets by $1.00 or $.50???[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on the store, as far as pricing their legos. I know that in one local store a certain set would be marked at $51.49, and at another store (20 mins away) the same exact set would be at $41.99. And those would still be considered msrp for whichever reason. This only happens at Target, as in most ToysRus the prices are the same, unless it's a clearance item.

Oh, and yes, I also noticed the Toy Story 3 sets (clearance ones) are at 50% today. Was really hoping that they would be at 75% today, but as you mentioned they may not even make it that far.

I snagged two Galactic Enforcers at my Target. Mostly looking to trade them. One will be sealed (no box), the other is complete, but I put it together for fun (didn't apply stickers). PM me if you're interested since this isn't exactly a trade thread.

My LEGO store finally got the Creator Lighthouse Island set. Looks nice. Now to wait on other stores to get them in stock and for a good sale to drop. I'm excited to build it up with the kid, looks like fun.

[quote name='dansoccerball']I have a complete series 2 set of mini figures , looking for series 4 pm me!![/QUOTE]

If after all these pages you havent gotten a response yet. You should probably try elsewhere.

My son went to the store the other day and wanted to point out every lego set that he wanted. I have not seen any new stuff yet except for the new Pirates movie stuff. I live in New York area anyone still looking for Series 1 or 3 I have those. I still need series 4 . Also 5 which I know are not out yet.

[quote name='notoriousxbox']If after all these pages you havent gotten a response yet. You should probably try elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

There is a feature you should use... ;)

Saw the 50% off clearance Toy Story 3 Lego at my local Target. Picked up a Lotso Dump Truck for $10 (they had dozens left). They had ONE TS3 train set there for $40. I hesitated, but ended up not picking it up. Anyone have this set? Is it good? The TS figures are all so awkward...

Stopped into Target today to return a game I bought a while back, but never opened. Decided to check out some clearance stuff while I was there. Unfortunately there was some guy in a shirt & tie (not sure if he worked there or not) walking up and down the aisles scooping up anything that said clearance on it and dumping into a cart. Luckily he missed the 2 Galactic Enforcers high up on one of the shelves. The best part about it, was the boxes are in mint condition, not crushed like they usually are with the larger lego boxes.

This was a really surprising find since when I had checked availability, this store was listed as Out of Stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back