LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xycury']I can't beleive they still have Pirate sets in stock at TRU. It's like the series that just won't go away.

I think TRU only has 2 sets. The raft and the cannon battle.... pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

That's amazing that yours still has them. I'd love to get my hands on any of the non-POTC pirates sets...though I like the POTC sets just fine as well.

[quote name='roland13x']Saw the 50% off clearance Toy Story 3 Lego at my local Target. Picked up a Lotso Dump Truck for $10 (they had dozens left). They had ONE TS3 train set there for $40. I hesitated, but ended up not picking it up. Anyone have this set? Is it good? The TS figures are all so awkward...[/QUOTE]

I have it, I think it's a great set considering the figs you get and it's a Lego train. Unfortunately, no tracks or anything but the train and figs, but for $40 I wouldn't hesitate.

[quote name='180husher']Target marked down the Toy Story clearance Legos to 50% (they started at 15% so they will be gone after this)...and then for the first time I've ever seen they marked up some other regular priced sets by $1.00 or $.50???[/QUOTE]

Right in that if they start at 15% they don't usually go to 75% off. But on Sunday night I stopped by Target to get something else and took a chance that the 30+ boxes of Latso's Dump truck still had a copy left. There were two left and marked at 75% off ($4.98). I have also seen the Bionicle and Atlantis at 75% off.

I have the TS3 train. I was gonna get it at 40 but Kmart was doing an extra 50% off clearance toys so I got it for 20. Yeah there's no tracks but it's a great set. Only main set I'm missing is the TRU exclusive TS3 garbage truck, and it's still 42.98 last time I checked.

Ditto on the TS3 train set. Compared to things like the Galactic Enforcers set, it's simply better in terms of design, and use of typical lego pieces. Instead of having tons of 'one of' large pieces, it contains tons of smaller typical lego pieces that come together to generate the shape of the train. I tend to prefer that when building, instead of large individual pieces that you can never replace or use for any other purpose.

The TS3 Train set is a great buy for $40, if you must think of it as an investment because train sets hold there value. If you don't buy it now and wish to have it later, it will cost you!!!!!

Anyone have any personal impressions on the Alien Conquest sets from folks who have picked them up? Money is a bit tight right now and I'm debating between the Mothership and the Earth Defense HQ ... any thoughts on which is a better build (there are things I really like and really dislike with both) or should I go big and grab the Petshop or Firestation and forgo any other LEGO purchases until the Fall?

[quote name='dansoccerball']what is that?[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to either the trade section for you, or the ignore function for the rest of us.

Maybe when we start the Lego thread 3, we should make the first post a wiki so we can update deals and sales. I like the conversations that go on in this thread, bur it might be cool to also have an easy reference for sales ... like I think that 1/2 off the smallest POTC set at Lego stores is coming up soon right or did I miss that?

Between clearance and sales at TRU, S@H, etc I think there's enough to justify something that can be updated by anyone ... rather than having any potential deals lost a few pages back.

Oh ... 1st shots from Series 6 are out ... what was LEGO thinking!?

series6.jpg

[quote name='etcrane']Between clearance and sales at TRU, S@H, etc I think there's enough to justify something that can be updated by anyone ... rather than having any potential deals lost a few pages back.

Oh ... 1st shots from Series 6 are out ... what was LEGO thinking!?

series6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Well they have the gay sailor so why not. ;)

I personally love some of the Alien Conquest sets. However, I got the 2 basic "cheap" sets, Alien ??? for 4.99 and Alien Defender, 9.99. Also got the UFO at 29.99. I think you'd be happy with the UFO for one good Alien Conquest set, then save your cash for the other sets you mentioned. You could also look at the Alien Tripod for 19.99, it may strike your fancy.

I was able to get a nice Target employee at the return counter to do a return/rebuy on the Galactic Enforcer allowing me to get it for the 25.74 price. Thanks Target! Give it a try if you bought it at the higher price.

Don't forget 20% off Lego Cars and Pirates, I checked the TRU.com and the prices do have the TRU tax, I have no clue if they reflect the same at the store.

*crosses fingers and hope they don't

[quote name='karkyco']Going to try to PM some of the POTC sets at Target to avoid the TRU tax.[/QUOTE]

Target doesn't price match % off sales and neither does walmart.

I got a tanker truck for 15.59 at sears today.

Blah. I used my 20% off coupon which stacked with a 25% discount on the Slave I, and then got home to find the box was already opened and the bags inside were also open.

Hurray.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Blah. I used my 20% off coupon which stacked with a 25% discount on the Slave I, and then got home to find the box was already opened and the bags inside were also open.

Hurray.[/QUOTE]

Where was this (is there some sale I'm not aware of)?

[quote name='skiizim']Don't forget 20% off Lego Cars and Pirates, I checked the TRU.com and the prices do have the TRU tax, I have no clue if they reflect the same at the store.

*crosses fingers and hope they don't[/QUOTE]

I'm more excited about the B2G1 free deal on Pokemon cards at TRU this week...those damn things never go on sale anywhere.

Amazon has some of the CARS 2 sets up already...of course TRU B&M is still slightly cheaper even with tax + their markup since they have 20% off this week.

shop.lego.com has some new pics up of the three new Harry Potter sets, looks like they come out June 1st. The Battle Pack is decent mainly for the figs...the Hogwarts Battle is a bit overpriced for what you get I feel, but you get a decent selection of figures. And of course the Knight Bus is pretty ugly, but it's probably the best chance you'll get at loading up on purple bricks.

LEGO Shop at Home has free shipping on orders over $75 through May 31st and VIP members get a free LEGO PotC poster with any PotC purchase online through the 31st and through the 22nd in store.

Stopped at TRU today. Got the small Tater and Lightning sets even though they were ringing up for $51.xx.:hot::hot::hot: They knew about it at the registers and had a special SKU they needed to type in manually. I wouldn't think of these as "sets" but more like minifigs...printed pieces that are unique to these characters but not good for much else. I think the boy and I are done with this line.

All the Cars and POTC sets had markups but the Alien Conquest and new City sets did not.

[quote name='180husher']Stopped at TRU today. Got the small Tater and Lightning sets even though they were ringing up for $51.xx.:hot::hot::hot: They knew about it at the registers and had a special SKU they needed to type in manually. I wouldn't think of these as "sets" but more like minifigs...printed pieces that are unique to these characters but not good for much else. I think the boy and I are done with this line.

All the Cars and POTC sets had markups but the Alien Conquest and new City sets did not.[/QUOTE]

Agree. At my store they were ringing up for $62.xx. The guy in the Rzone knows me well by now, and he quickly corrected it down.

This line doesn't seem to do anything particularly well, except for the printed pieces that makes the cars distinguishable.

I think my next purchases will be the big purple bus (Harry Potter). My boy is obsessed with cars, and a large purple bus is simply irresistible.
That and the beautiful remote control train (red set) that will be a b-day present for the boy.

They have 4 TS train sets at my Target. $40 is still a lot for me though and a lot of other people it seems since they are still there.

Maybe I'll get it in a yard sale lot 10 years down the road :lol:

Was at a Walmart and most of the winter star wars were in clearance slave one 60 bounty hunter ship 37 jedi ship 45 battle of naboo 18 v wing 15 wampa cave 30 was at kmart that had naboo on clearance at 19
Also saw a bunch of the kingdoms archer bags at Target

They were in the front I only saw one at first but when I saw one I looked deeper and saw that they were mixed in with the other ones(police, fire, toystory) so they were kind of hidden in there.

[quote name='Rezputin']Was at a Walmart and most of the winter star wars were in clearance slave one 60 bounty hunter ship 37 jedi ship 45 battle of naboo 18 v wing 15 wampa cave 30 was at kmart that had naboo on clearance at 19
Also saw a bunch of the kingdoms archer bags at Target[/QUOTE]

Some of these aren't even 6 months old yet!

[quote name='180husher']Some of these aren't even 6 months old yet![/QUOTE]

At least locally (LI, NY), what's even more interesting, is that Wallmart's clearance means very little. I've seen items a few pennies off msrp, with a big 'Clearance' sticker on them...what's the point?
I have also seen certain items higher than msrp with a clearance sticker on them. I just laughed and quickly left the store.

[quote name='dragonjud']At least locally (LI, NY), what's even more interesting, is that Wallmart's clearance means very little. I've seen items a few pennies off msrp, with a big 'Clearance' sticker on them...what's the point?
I have also seen certain items higher than msrp with a clearance sticker on them. I just laughed and quickly left the store.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure plenty of people see the clearance tag and don't even look at the price it dropped from. I know my heart skips a beat sometimes when I see clearance tags - but then I always look at the before price (and then check amazon).

So I went back to TRU and exchanged the Slave 1 I got that I found out had been opened. I had gotten it for 25% off and then a 20% off coupon. I guess the way they did it, it re-applied the 25% off again, so $15 went back to my car. That caught me off guard, and I probably would have pointed it out if it wasn't out of my way to go back there...

So Slave 1 for about $38. I'll take it.

Target also has the new Cars sets for sale, as well as a display case so you can see them before you buy them.

They're cute .. but not for me ... definitely feel like more of a toy line than a LEGO line imo

I finally found some series 4 minifigures! I got the Hazmat guy for sure. I got 3 others that I did not open yet but I think they are the sailor, kimono, and crazy scientist. I will let my son open them so he can experience the excitement of opening them. I also saw the cars lego sets, they looked very cute-but doubt my son would be interested in cars toys as he is almost 10. He used to like them. The alien conquest stuff looked cool as well. Well now I have to decide if I want any more of series 4. It was kind of weird standing there feeling all the little bags.

[quote name='freeorelse']Going to the Lego store at Downtown Disney next month. Yee Haa![/QUOTE]

I was there just a couple of weeks ago. Bad news, it was under renavation. Good news, they set uup a huge yellow tent as a temporary location.

[quote name='donniedroc']I was there just a couple of weeks ago. Bad news, it was under renavation. Good news, they set uup a huge yellow tent as a temporary location.[/QUOTE]

I think I seen pictures... they are "done" I think.

Place is much bigger... that or the tricky fish eye look.

Are you planning a Disney Trip or something? Let me know, I go all the time and one of the perks of having an annual pass to Disneyland is 10% off at the Lego Store.

[quote name='skiizim']Are you planning a Disney Trip or something? Let me know, I go all the time and one of the perks of having an annual pass to Disneyland is 10% off at the Lego Store.[/QUOTE]

I'm bringing the family out to Cali this summer, and Disneyland and Legoland are all the kids are talking about. Is Legoland worthwhile?

[quote name='180husher']I'm bringing the family out to Cali this summer, and Disneyland and Legoland are all the kids are talking about. Is Legoland worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

I've never been to it, TheHelix is the local in that area, we keep on saying we would go but just haven't. From looking at the map and what they have it looks cool but a far cry from Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back