LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='180husher']I'm bringing the family out to Cali this summer, and Disneyland and Legoland are all the kids are talking about. Is Legoland worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Orlando, and we now live in Tampa...so close to Disney that it had better be something fantastic to bring us across the country. Legoland TOTALLY delivered, particularly for my 2 lego geeks. The boys were 2 and 6 at the time. Since then, they have announced that Florida is getting a Legoland in October and the big present at Christmas 2010 was annual passes to Legoland.

180husher, you are on this Lego thread enough for me to know that this will be right up your alley, and probably your kids as well. Enjoy!

[quote name='donniedroc']I grew up in Orlando, and we now live in Tampa...so close to Disney that it had better be something fantastic to bring us across the country. Legoland TOTALLY delivered, particularly for my 2 lego geeks. The boys were 2 and 6 at the time. Since then, they have announced that Florida is getting a Legoland in October and the big present at Christmas 2010 was annual passes to Legoland.

180husher, you are on this Lego thread enough for me to know that this will be right up your alley, and probably your kids as well. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Cool, sounds like fun...now I have to get some of those free tickets I usually throw away cause I knew we'd never use them!

Found a Target today that had the POP sets already marked down to 30% off...picked up The Battle of Alamut for $56. Also found those damn archer polybags after looking since Xmas.:applause: It comes with a couple of apples and a turkey leg...not bad for $3.50.

[quote name='okc0r']If only B&N had those new kingdoms sets![/QUOTE]
This is exactly how I feel. The Mill Raid would be irresistible at that price. I ended up just getting Captain's Cabin. May get Flo's Cafe from the Cars set. If I had that I would not really feel the need for any of the other Cars sets.

[quote name='ackbar7']This is exactly how I feel. The Mill Raid would be irresistible at that price. I ended up just getting Captain's Cabin. May get Flo's Cafe from the Cars set. If I had that I would not really feel the need for any of the other Cars sets.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it only 1 coupon usage per billing address or is that bogus?

[quote name='lordopus99']Isn't it only 1 coupon usage per billing address or is that bogus?[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Seems like this kills free shipping. Or am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Broseph']EDIT: Seems like this kills free shipping. Or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

The coupon does work only once per account as far as i checked.

But I still got free shipping on the order, it just has to be over $25.

[quote name='lordopus99']Isn't it only 1 coupon usage per billing address or is that bogus?[/QUOTE]
It is one coupon per account/email address. I have about 4 different accounts with BN now, so I can use it once for each account. They don't track billing address, I have used the same PayPal account for every thing I have bought from them.

This might be YMMV, but ive noticed that Target stores donate a lot to Goodwill. In the past 2 weeks, i've found about 5 lego sets at my local Goodwill. Mostly discontinued items (2009 SW sets) and a few open items. Only one was missing the minifigures, but the rest were complete.

So just an FYI, visit your local Goodwill you might find a few good sets.

Found the following for 50% off (all unmarked) At walmart

Quidditch match
Hagrids cabin
The burrows
The sw set with jar jar and the droids
And that ship that the wings turn horizontal and vertical

Sorry don't know the name of the last two

[quote name='180husher']I'm bringing the family out to Cali this summer, and Disneyland and Legoland are all the kids are talking about. Is Legoland worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

For the past 3 years, I've gone annually. From my experience, the map is a bit deceiving. It looks bigger than it really is. Even if you try every single ride and check out every single thing, you should be done in a few hours or so. I have a 5-year old and the majority of the rides seem to be geared to the younger children, which was perfect for me. I noticed the olders kids looked bored.

Don't expect exclusive merchandise at the stores inside LEGOLAND. Aside from the LEGOLAND clothing and bags and such, they have the same exact thing you see at the LEGO store. They have one small store that serves as a PAB store, but they don't sell it by the cup, instead you fill a bag and they go by the pound.

There is the mini self-guided factory tour inside the park, which gives you the quick version of how LEGO is manufactured. After the tour, you're given an exclusive printed Duplo brick - FREE. Miniland USA is a nice walk through and I'm sure even better now with the recent Star Wars addition.

Overall, I think it's worth the trip if you're already going to Disneyland, but personally I wouldn't just plan a trip for LEGOLAND alone.

The following sets will be on sale at Target for the week of 5/22:

Prisoner Transport
Flying Mummy Attack
Imperial V-Wing

All for $15 each. I forgot to check if there was text for other select Legos on sale or something like that. Guess I'll pick up the Mummy Attack with my employee discount since I missed out when TRU had it for 14.

And despite living 30 mintues away from Legoland, I have yet to go there. I was gonna go over spring break, but I had some personal issues and couldn't get myself to make the trip. But I'm graduating tomorrow, and I hope I can land a job to keep enjoying this hobby and even save up some funds to visit the damn place for once.

[quote name='dansoccerball']damn!! why is no one looking for series 2 minifigures?[/QUOTE]

Wait, you have series 2 for sale??

Target seems to have 10% off all other Lego City, Pharaoh's Quest and Star Wars this week, too.

Anyone know a good buy/sell/trade forum for Legos besides Bricklink?

[quote name='BLink']Did anyone else have their BN order using the 30% code canceled?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just got a shipping notice today, and I also used the 30% off in store without problem today.

[quote name='BLink']Did anyone else have their BN order using the 30% code canceled?[/QUOTE]

I haven't ordered one yet but from what I read on other sites the only item I have heard cancelled has been the Queen Anne. Is that what you ordered?

[quote name='lordopus99']I haven't ordered one yet but from what I read on other sites the only item I have heard cancelled has been the Queen Anne. Is that what you ordered?[/QUOTE]

+1 :hot:

I ordered Captain's Cabin and it got cancelled. Ordered Flo's Cafe, hoping that one goes through. I am hoping the PotC sets show up in store and I can pick it up that way.

I ordered Queen Anne's Revenge and received a cancellation email earlier today. Bastards!

My QAR got canceled. Sigh. This really teased me good, I can't help it, Amazon here I come.

)':

EDIT: It seems like B&N edited every single LEGO product saying it doesn't qualify with any coupons. Gah!

[quote name='dansoccerball']damn!! why is no one looking for series 2 minifigures?[/QUOTE]

Because we all have them or dont want them. Series 4 is available at tons of stores, just drive to a random store and you will find them or go online and order them.

[quote name='brotterr']Found the following for 50% off (all unmarked) At walmart

Quidditch match
Hagrids cabin
The burrows
The sw set with jar jar and the droids
And that ship that the wings turn horizontal and vertical

Sorry don't know the name of the last two[/QUOTE]

Are Walmart deals ever remotely universal? Great deals are posted and they get me all pumped up but then i check a few stores and i NEVER seem to find anything that is posted here.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Are Walmart deals ever remotely universal? Great deals are posted and they get me all pumped up but then i check a few stores and i NEVER seem to find anything that is posted here.[/QUOTE]

Kinda...usually the post xmas clearance starts off with some universal price drops. I think that Walmart clearance has to be done manually which is why there are some pricing differences and why some stores never get additional price drops. I've been in one where the people were changing prices using two different PDA's and doing the % off math in their head:roll:...such a giant CF compared to Target. My local Walmart only marked down the TS train set to $54.

My Target has around two dozen Ostrich Races. They're $16 bucks or so now. Usually things get scooped up immediately but this set might actually survive to the 75% off mark.

I used my B&N coupon at the local store to buy the Robot Creator set with the light brick. That was really fun to put together. I recommend it.

What has been everyone's experience with Polybags? Do they get announced like other sets?

The reason I ask is because I'd love to have the Pharoh's Quest and Alien Conquest polybags I've seen online.

Polybags are about perfect for a poor kid like me - I can justify buying several of the same one - and I love the minifig stuff. All I've seen since April is Toy Story Army Guy, City Helicopter and Atlantis Scooter Guy. When I first hit the scene I got Kingdoms Archer, City Fire Buggy and something else that escapes me. May have been a City Police Boat.

About trading - Sure, I know the site allows trades... I have done a couple. But how do I go about listing my Lego Items?
I have some Star Wars, and Harry Potter Castle I am looking to trade.

[quote name='simpsonps121']About trading - Sure, I know the site allows trades... I have done a couple. But how do I go about listing my Lego Items?
I have some Star Wars, and Harry Potter Castle I am looking to trade.[/QUOTE]

Put them in your trade list under miscellaneous. I'm curious to see what you have :)

[quote name='simpsonps121']About trading - Sure, I know the site allows trades... I have done a couple. But how do I go about listing my Lego Items?
I have some Star Wars, and Harry Potter Castle I am looking to trade.[/QUOTE]

I am interested in Star Wars sets. Shoot me a pm with what u want to get rid of.

[quote name='encendido5']Put them in your trade list under miscellaneous. I'm curious to see what you have :)[/QUOTE]

We have trade lists? :lol:

I'd like to see other's trade lists also. I have a few to trade -- Star Wars, Ferrari, Harry Potters (2001), Adventurers, Dino Island, Indians, and CMF's.

I'd be interested in Lego Train sets and/or accessories.

Going to be adding a section to my trade list for this purpose, since I've decided to take this up as a hobby with my son. Here's an attempt at getting started:

Have
Space Police Galactic cruiser (5974) - from Target clearance

Want:

Harry Potter sets (building/houses or train sets)
Train Sets in General
Older Spongebob sets
Lego Creator sets
Other Space Police sets
CYL

Local Walmart was remodeling and I got very lucky with some clearance sets. I was shocked to see the larger POTC sets on clearance, but the cheaper sets were still regular price.

POTC London Escape - 25
Seabed Strider - 5
Ocean Speeder - 2.50

There was a lot of sets on sale too but I had to resist blowing my whole paycheck. I also saw:

Passenger Plane - 20
Airport - 70
Tanker Truck - 10
Toy Story 3 Train - 30
Whitecap Bay - 50

[quote name='TheHelix']Local Walmart was remodeling and I got very lucky with some clearance sets. I was shocked to see the larger POTC sets on clearance, but the cheaper sets were still regular price.

POTC London Escape - 25
Seabed Strider - 5
Ocean Speeder - 2.50

There was a lot of sets on sale too but I had to resist blowing my whole paycheck. I also saw:

Passenger Plane - 20
Airport - 70
Tanker Truck - 10
Toy Story 3 Train - 30
Whitecap Bay - 50[/QUOTE]

Walmart taunts me again!

[quote name='simpsonps121']I just picked up the Toy Story 3 Train for $25.

They had the Harry Potter Burrow set in the clearance section, but it was still scanning at $59.99.[/QUOTE]

Walmart or Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back