LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TheHelix']Local Walmart was remodeling and I got very lucky with some clearance sets. I was shocked to see the larger POTC sets on clearance, but the cheaper sets were still regular price.

POTC London Escape - 25
Seabed Strider - 5
Ocean Speeder - 2.50

There was a lot of sets on sale too but I had to resist blowing my whole paycheck. I also saw:

Passenger Plane - 20
Airport - 70
Tanker Truck - 10
Toy Story 3 Train - 30
Whitecap Bay - 50[/QUOTE]

WOW...where's your walmart at???lol. Mine doesn't even have the potc on their regular shelves yet!

On the Barnes and Noble 30% coupon, the only orders being cancelled are POTC sets? I did see QAR backordered 3-5 weeks on their site.

I ordered several of the Kingdoms sets using the coupon and they all processed fine. Everything shipped out the day after I placed the order.

Holly slow shipping Batman!
The set I ordered from B&N is coming UPS ground for across the country? Don't they have a distribution center somewhere near the East coast.
It's going to take about 1.5 weeks to get here (according to tracking).

[quote name='dragonjud']Holly slow shipping Batman!
The set I ordered from B&N is coming UPS ground for across the country? Don't they have a distribution center somewhere near the East coast.
It's going to take about 1.5 weeks to get here (according to tracking).[/QUOTE]

If you're not pleased with free shipping, then you should have paid for an express one. :whistle2:(

[quote name='iamFLIP']If you're not pleased with free shipping, then you should have paid for an express one. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Wasn't trying to complain about the fact that it's free. Just noting that a large chain like Barnes and Noble probably has more than one distribution center. Wasn't expecting a single lego box to come all the way from Vegas.

[quote name='dragonjud']Wasn't trying to complain about the fact that it's free. Just noting that a large chain like Barnes and Noble probably has more than one distribution center. Wasn't expecting a single lego box to come all the way from Vegas.[/QUOTE]

Even if they have distribution centers near you, what happens when those centers run out of what you ordered? They have to ship it from somewhere that has it.

Just be thankful that your order is not cancelled at all.

[quote name='lordopus99']Got love that B&N decided to remove the PotC sets (except Cannibal Escape) from the website[/QUOTE]
This just means they have sold out for the moment. Happens all the time.

[quote name='ackbar7']This just means they have sold out for the moment. Happens all the time.[/QUOTE]

My guess they pull them so people wouldn't put in orders with the coupons only to have to cancel them (since their intent is not to allow any to be bought except for the one listed). I heard QAR and WCB all were cancelled.

For you Star Wars fans, you can get the Imperial Shuttle 10212 on ebay for a little less than $200 shipped. As of right now there are 4 left (I snatched one up). Really good price for a cool looking ship.

WalMart was pure failure for the most part. No clearance at all.

Targets I checked this morning indeed had PoP at 30-33% off, not the 50% (or more :D) I was hoping for. No shortage of sets available so I will hold off until next week.

I didn't see it posted yet, but TRU will have B1G1 50% off on "ALL LEGO DUPLO, Toy Story, Hero Factory, Bionicle, Pharaoh’s Quest and Racers
construction sets" for Memorial Day weekend (Friday-Monday).

[quote name='fizicyst']I didn't see it posted yet, but TRU will have B1G1 50% off on "ALL LEGO DUPLO, Toy Story, Hero Factory, Bionicle, Pharaoh’s Quest and Racers
construction sets" for Memorial Day weekend (Friday-Monday).[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Wish there was something good to stack with the big Pyramid set.

cassidy where are you at? i've been looking to pick up the big pyramid too...75 each sounds good to me :) shipping would kill though - u in ohio?

In Utah--yup shipping would kill that deal--but good idea.

On S@H LEGO has the CARS sets listed in the Racer Theme. I doubt TRU would see it that way though. Not that I want any CARS sets anyway...

Where's the best place to go to buy a few basic bricks that are missing from my sets? Ebay just seems to have bulk.

[quote name='ackbar7']If there is a BN near you that has the pyramid it would only be $70 with the coupon. That is where I got it.[/QUOTE]

doesn't show that set online.....is it still in stores?

[quote name='E-Z-B']Where's the best place to go to buy a few basic bricks that are missing from my sets? Ebay just seems to have bulk.[/QUOTE]

I think Bricklink.com would be your best bet.

Off topic, but just started building Falling Water (picked up with the B&N coupon) WOW. This is an Awesome build. Find a friend and take apart their model. Then rebuild it. hehee

[quote name='180husher']I think Bricklink.com would be your best bet.[/QUOTE]

Huge thumbs up for Bricklink. I've been buying older sets in bulk off ebay that were missing some pieces here and there. As long as you deal with a good seller it's great. Have completed about 10 sets now. Postage comes out to more than the pieces so try to find one seller who has everything you need.

[quote name='BoboTheBear']Huge thumbs up for Bricklink. I've been buying older sets in bulk off ebay that were missing some pieces here and there. As long as you deal with a good seller it's great. Have completed about 10 sets now. Postage comes out to more than the pieces so try to find one seller who has everything you need.[/QUOTE]

That's probably one of the hardest things... what you'll need to do is create a want list and there is an option to search stores with the most of what you're looking for.

It's tough if you have pretty rare pieces or find out that you are missing only a couple out of a seller.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Off topic, but just started building Falling Water (picked up with the B&N coupon) WOW. This is an Awesome build. Find a friend and take apart their model. Then rebuild it. hehee[/QUOTE]

Yeah Falling water is a cool set. Truly unlike any set I've ever built. You build it in segments then slide them together like a puzzle. I just wish the non-house part, the rocks at the base, were a different color than the house--you can't really tell the house from the rocks. Great set (at a discount--I think I'd have a little buyer's remorse if I bought it for the full $100)

There's a BOGO50% off right now at TRU through Monday.

Though only on Duplo, Bionicle, Hero Factory, Pharaoh's Quest, Toy Story, and Racers.

If only they had Kingdom.. ):

A sales guy at the local Lego store claims they're having some sort of sale at the beginning of June. He didn't have any details, but if you were looking to buy a certain set at said store, I would hold off a few days (to see if this materializes).

[quote name='dragonjud']A sales guy at the local Lego store claims they're having some sort of sale at the beginning of June. He didn't have any details, but if you were looking to buy a certain set at said store, I would hold off a few days (to see if this materializes).[/QUOTE]

Lego sales have been a joke since after the Christmas one. It's probably somrthing like 20% off.

[quote name='Licasguy']Went to the TRU in Cutler Bay Florida today, and got the Heroica board game at BOGO 50% off, and also two of the new Kingdom sets.[/QUOTE]

There are four Heroica board games, it's a series and not just a set.

Also all Lego board games are 25% off this week.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Lego sales have been a joke since after the Christmas one. It's probably somrthing like 20% off.[/QUOTE]

I know I really enjoyed the Christmas sale. I got some good stuff (like the mini-figure box sets) for 50% off.
The thing is that (at least around here) ToysRus and Target do a 20-25% markup on every item. So, unless I get their Clearance, the Lego Store price is still better.
The current B&N coupon is great, but their selection is horrible in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy']There are four Heroica board games, it's a series and not just a set.

Also all Lego board games are 25% off this week.[/QUOTE]

I saw the other sets, they look pretty cool. I was surprised to get the BOGO instead of the 25 % off. There were no placards anywhere in the store save the get a free minifig with any construction set purchase.

Guess I've been lucky since Kmart did their 50% off clearance sets and getting random finds at Walmart, like the POTC clearance after it came out lol.

And no Target lego deals this week? I am disappoint. Oh well, I have Lego POTC on PS3 to tide me over.

Nothing major but at the Lego Store@Ontario Mills, (the girl said the deal was specific right there but I'm not sure about other stores) good until the 1st. $10 off 100 or more not a real big discount but takes care of the tax in my case. I ended up buying all the non-human Alien Conquest sets and a bunch of the Cars sets.

[quote name='prim4444']FYI: Cars 2 sets going back down to MSRP tomorrow at TRU.[/QUOTE]

So the sale is over? :roll:

TRU is a shithole. I work at a home improvement store now and they give us sandwiches this weekend and tomorrow we get ice something. There is a no real dress code besides the vest and everyone complains about the costumers together, even the manager.

When I was at TRU buying some 3DS games I cruised by the Lego Isle, they had 7325 Pharaohs Quest Cursed Cobra Statue for $22.49 which I'm pretty sure stacks with the BOGO 50% off.

My TRU had that at $22 and the big Sphinx set at a 25% discount too. I wondered if they stacked with the sale. (Still not enough to get me to buy them--those two sets just don't look that great.)

[quote name='cassidyarch']My TRU had that at $22 and the big Sphinx set at a 25% discount too. I wondered if they stacked with the sale. (Still not enough to get me to buy them--those two sets just don't look that great.)[/QUOTE]

I think those sets are both really ugly. I like the pyramid and the smaller sets, but those 2 mid sized sets lego really dropped the ball on. I think the Sphinx should have looked more traditional like the old Adventures set.

I just built 7977 and the hammer head shark is one of the coolest minifigures ever. I could see it fitting in with the collectable series.

Anymore info on this possible Lego Store sale in early June? Have some credit I need to burn ... hoping to maximize my purchase.

Do personal deals belong here? Like, say, I happened across 72 packs of Lego Minifigure Series 4 and I'm looking to sell? If that's cool in this thread, what would be proper to include: eBay feedback, etc?

[quote name='captainrhythm']Do personal deals belong here? Like, say, I happened across 72 packs of Lego Minifigure Series 4 and I'm looking to sell? If that's cool in this thread, what would be proper to include: eBay feedback, etc?[/QUOTE]

OMG ... someone call dansoccerball ... ;)

[quote name='etcrane']Anymore info on this possible Lego Store sale in early June? Have some credit I need to burn ... hoping to maximize my purchase.[/QUOTE]

Heading to the mall for a return later today. I'll stop in at the store to see if there're any signs/info and report back later.

[quote name='etcrane']Anymore info on this possible Lego Store sale in early June? Have some credit I need to burn ... hoping to maximize my purchase.[/QUOTE]

I did hear about a sale in June, but forgot to ask when. I'll ask my manager this afternoon. I do know for a fact that employees get a 50% off this month. I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back