LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target is weird having 3 differnet types of sales.

ours was b1g1 50%

oh and luck shined here, I found some of the ninja gliders at the registers. So maybe future target polys will be at the registers now.

Barnes & Noble are starting to get in the new HP sets. I am definitely going to pick up the Forbidden Forest set, and am debating getting the new Hogwarts set, but I will probably not get that one. Really hoping they get the new Kingdoms sets soon, I want every one of those.

[quote name='xycury']Target is weird having 3 differnet types of sales.

ours was b1g1 50%

oh and luck shined here, I found some of the ninja gliders at the registers. So maybe future target polys will be at the registers now.[/QUOTE]

They didn't get the previous Ninjago polybag in my area but today I saw tons of Ninja Gliders. This is good. I love polybags.

[quote name='Broseph']They didn't get the previous Ninjago polybag in my area but today I saw tons of Ninja Gliders. This is good. I love polybags.[/QUOTE]

The gliders are not very functional, but a plethora of gold swords!!!

[quote name='xycury']The gliders are not very functional, but a plethora of gold swords!!![/QUOTE]

Please tell me you threw one off a very high building ;).

I am not sure if there is anyone here who has kids they buy Duplos for, but I was at TRU and they had the Cargo Plane for 70% off ($15). Picked one up since my daughter loves Duplos, and they generally seem horribly overpriced.

Noticed the Shuttle Adventure set is sold out on S@H ... anyone know if this is temporary or is the set now off the market?

Seems like prices are already climbing on Amazon

[quote name='ackbar7']I am not sure if there is anyone here who has kids they buy Duplos for, but I was at TRU and they had the Cargo Plane for 70% off ($15). Picked one up since my daughter loves Duplos, and they generally seem horribly overpriced.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to pick one up for my son but haven't seen that in my local TRU. :whistle2:(

[quote name='ackbar7']I am not sure if there is anyone here who has kids they buy Duplos for, but I was at TRU and they had the Cargo Plane for 70% off ($15). Picked one up since my daughter loves Duplos, and they generally seem horribly overpriced.[/QUOTE]

My daughter has like 3 or 4 huge sets, I wouldn't mind buying here this set but damn, duplo sure does take a lot of room.

[quote name='etcrane']Noticed the Shuttle Adventure set is sold out on S@H ... anyone know if this is temporary or is the set now off the market?

Seems like prices are already climbing on Amazon[/QUOTE]

It was in stock earlier today briefly and I thought about getting it but I'm holding onto my credit in hopes that they get Maersk Train back in stock.

At any rate, they're replacing 10213 Shuttle Adventure with 10231 Shuttle Expedition. You can google it, but they're roughly the same set with minor changes.

[quote name='etcrane']Noticed the Shuttle Adventure set is sold out on S@H ... anyone know if this is temporary or is the set now off the market?

I think it's actually out of print now. If it was still available, Lego would allow you to place one on backorder, and the site would list the projected availability date. The site doesn't allow that for the Shuttle Adventure, so I think it's done. That happened with some other sets that were discontinued earlier this year - they appeared on the Lego site, but they were listed as "Sold Out".

Hey there, just picked something up at a yard sale the other day and figured I would ask the lego guys about it. Checking Amazon, the set is "LEGO Soccer Championship Challenge (3409)".

It's the soccer set with the goals and 12 minifigs. I dont have the box, but I do have the instructions and every single brick that was included. Is it a rare/worthy set? I didnt pay much for it but it seems way overpriced on Amazon so I figured I would ask here.

Target is going to have World Grand Prix Racing Rivalry on sale next week for $12. I don't remember if there was a text that said other Lego sets on sale or something like that.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Hey there, just picked something up at a yard sale the other day and figured I would ask the lego guys about it. Checking Amazon, the set is "LEGO Soccer Championship Challenge (3409)".

It's the soccer set with the goals and 12 minifigs. I dont have the box, but I do have the instructions and every single brick that was included. Is it a rare/worthy set? I didnt pay much for it but it seems way overpriced on Amazon so I figured I would ask here.[/QUOTE]

It's not rare at all. The rarest thing with the set is finding someone who would want it.

EDIT-
I found about 90% of the set in a box i got at a tag sale for $10. It had 20 minifigures and tons of the field pieces. I think all I was missing was the netting and maybe some of the side walls.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Potatoeman']Hey there, just picked something up at a yard sale the other day and figured I would ask the lego guys about it. Checking Amazon, the set is "LEGO Soccer Championship Challenge (3409)".

It's the soccer set with the goals and 12 minifigs. I dont have the box, but I do have the instructions and every single brick that was included. Is it a rare/worthy set? I didnt pay much for it but it seems way overpriced on Amazon so I figured I would ask here.[/QUOTE]

The cheapest complete one is $18 on bricklink, so if you paid less than that, then you did good.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=3409

They are replacing it because kids liked to play with it, so they are improving its structural integrity. There was an article on brickset about it.

Seems like the best place to ask this...

For those who have the Death Star 10188...
I found that it wont fit into my current display cabinet. For those that display it, where do you store it and how do you keep it dust free?

[quote name='lordopus99']Seems like the best place to ask this...

For those who have the Death Star 10188...
I found that it wont fit into my current display cabinet. For those that display it, where do you store it and how do you keep it dust free?[/QUOTE]

I haven't built the one I purchased but the best idea I can give is by a small table for it and build some kind of plexiglass case for it to keep the dust out.

EDIT: I'm trying to find a link but can't but some time ago on Eurobricks, a guy that built the Millenium Falcon built a custom table some what in the shape of a hexagon surrounded the the outer walls and the top with glass and with lighting. It looked really cool, I hope I can find it to give you some ideas.

EDIT 2: Found it, I could have sworn it had lighting but I guess not.
http://img534.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=r0011529.jpg

Thanks for the input guys!

Hey there again guys - I just saw this ad in my email and figured I would post it. I only glanced through the last couple pages, but didnt see any mention of it.

Toys R Us is having a B1G1 half off on all construction sets the 15-18 of june.

Screenshot of my email in spoiler below for confirmation

unledhcv.png

Hmm... I think I'll wait for a B2G1 free sale. My Target has it going on but I won't make it there this week for the PotC and HP sets.

[quote name='etcrane']Those are almost kind of cool ... might have to pick up a set to see how the plastic quality compares[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I see that Starscream one in a store it'll probably end up in my cart...and then my son will steal it from me at home!

[quote name='salty tbone']Depends what that asterix is for.[/QUOTE]

Star Wars is good in the deal.

I ended grabbing Grand Emporium and Diagon Alley. You even get the Lighthouse mini for free too.

[quote name='lordopus99']Star Wars is good in the deal.

I ended grabbing Grand Emporium and Diagon Alley. You even get the Lighthouse mini for free too.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I didn't even think about it being online already. Too bad I don't have the money for anything.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I saw those at TRU this afternoon. Almost bought Mirage, but I was really only there for discount MS Points today. I did pick up that polybag Lighthouse, though. It's a nice little set.[/QUOTE]

My son and I just got through looking at all the sets on TRU.com...gonna break two rules today 1) buying non-Lego brand sets 2) paying retail.

Online says they have some in stock at our local store so we are going to buy one to try out. I didn't know they came with "mini-Kreons"...which kills me since each set has one/two we would want.

That figures. Grand Emporium is sold out online and there's nothing else I'm interested in anyway.

I did notice there's actually free shipping over $100 so that's nice.

[quote name='bigdaddy']My TRU knows nothing of the sale.[/QUOTE]
It did still ring up though right? There were no signs at my TRU, but everything rang up right. Picked up Blacksmith Attack, Alien Defender and Alien Striker x 2.

[quote name='ackbar7']It did still ring up though right? There were no signs at my TRU, but everything rang up right. Picked up Blacksmith Attack, Alien Defender and Alien Striker x 2.[/QUOTE]

I didnt even bother buying anything. Wasn't going to waste more of my time.

That Shoprunner service with TRU is no joke. I set up a trial to take further advantage of this sale. The sets I ordered late Tuesday/early Wednesday have already been delivered to my house.

I went to TRU to talk to former co workers and the minifigures (which I regret buying now) are now 3.49. Probably just because of the sale. If I buy the $20 kingdoms set, the $20 AC set and a minifigure to go above $30 and get the free *edit* lighthouse what would get the 50% off?

[quote name='bigdaddy']I went to TRU to talk to former co workers and the minifigures (which I regret buying now) are now 3.49. Probably just because of the sale. If I buy the $20 kingdoms set, the $20 AC set and a minifigure to go above $30 and get the free minifigure what would get the 50% off?[/QUOTE]

My experience with buying video games there is that it will pair the items by price, and take the lower priced item in the pair at the discount. That's a long-winded way of saying that one of the $20 sets would be discounted to $10, not the minifigure (99% sure of this). They have a customer-friendly system, unlike Blockbuster, which requires pairing and totalling out with each price point to get the proper discount.

However, returns are another matter. I once bought ten minifigs during a sale similar to this, so five were 2.99 and five were 1.50. I returned five at a later date and only got 7.50 back (5 X 1.50), not three at 1.50 and two at 2.99. This would only matter if you bought multiples of the same item. I think this can be manipulated to benefit the customer as well, though, if they were different items. I've never done this, so I don't know for sure.

[quote name='postureking']My experience with buying video games there is that it will pair the items by price, and take the lower priced item in the pair at the discount. That's a long-winded way of saying that one of the $20 sets would be discounted to $10, not the minifigure (99% sure of this). They have a customer-friendly system, unlike Blockbuster, which requires pairing and totalling out with each price point to get the proper discount.

However, returns are another matter. I once bought ten minifigs during a sale similar to this, so five were 2.99 and five were 1.50. I returned five at a later date and only got 7.50 back (5 X 1.50), not three at 1.50 and two at 2.99. This would only matter if you bought multiples of the same item. I think this can be manipulated to benefit the customer as well, though, if they were different items. I've never done this, so I don't know for sure.[/QUOTE]

The return for like items always gives you credit first for the cheapest version. Personally, I don't know why TRU and other orgs haven't adopted the Target way of packaging (i.e. take a percentage off each item) in order to protect themselves when it comes to returns.

Found some S4 minifigs at Target today at 50% off for 1.48. I bought 12 and left about 30+ for El Hoardo. And wtf at minifigs being 3.49 now?

3.49 is crazy ... remember when Star Wars figures used to be what ... 4.99 or 5.99 ... and now those are 7 something. And don't get me started on those tiny Marvel Universe figures ... I remember as a kid when you could get a bigger figure for less than those G.I. Joe scale figures they sell in stores today. It must suck to be a kid and have to settle for toys like those at crazy prices ... oh well ...

I just hit up TRU -

Got Toy Story Woody's Round Up and the Limited Edition Toy Story Dump Truck set. Also, my Target has had the POP for 50% off for a couple weeks now.

Just hit my TRU bogo. The sets in the $19 and $9 range were getting pretty slim. Grabbed the last $9 blacksmith shop. The $19 Kingdoms set was sold out.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Just hit my TRU bogo. The sets in the $19 and $9 range were getting pretty slim. Grabbed the last $9 blacksmith shop. The $19 Kingdoms set was sold out.[/QUOTE]

I went at noon on the day the sale started and they only had one of the new Kingdom $20 set and someone picked it to buy while I was there.

Oh, and my TRU ran out of the Lighthouse polybags, so they were substituting it with the Christmas Tree polybags or Jack Sparrow minifig poly bags.

[quote name='NCrush']Oh, and my TRU ran out of the Lighthouse polybags, so they were substituting it with the Christmas Tree polybags or Jack Sparrow minifig poly bags.[/QUOTE]

30131 Jack Sparrow with Raft? If so I need to hit TRU today.

Probably the video game preorder one.

My son and I built the Megatron Kreo set yesterday. These Kreos are the best Lego knock-offs I've seen yet. Better than Megablocks...better plastic, better molding, and much better instructions. They even do some things Lego should do...built in handle on the box which opens up like a briefcase, nice instruction book that actually looks like a book (thicker cover, no staples in the binding, and black -dark grey-grey all LOOK DIFFERENT!) If you are strictly a Lego or Transformer fan then I would probably skip them, but if you like both then I highly recommend you try a set. My son and I really like the one we got and will certainly get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back