LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lostfan']Was going through our present closet for my daughter's birthday and found this, that I had got from Target years ago when my daughter was 2 before I even had my son because it was $12.50 (75% off) and lego is never that cheap. For kicks, I looked it up online and found that its listed on ebay, amazon, and some toy stores online for over $300. Crazy...... now I need to find the best way to sell it because my son's not getting a $300 lego set, that is for sure. Anyway have any ideas on what the best route to sell it would be?

To add to the clearance thread (and this may already be on there, I didn't go back and read old posts) Target has Series 4 mini figure packs for 74 cents (75% off). Target by my house (Ballwin, MO) had a bunch, another Target I went to had none, but all the PofP lego they had for 50% (and they had a ton) was completely gone.[/QUOTE]

I'd say keep it and let your son lose himself in this awesome set. I could only imagine the playability and experience he'll gain from this is more valuable than the $300 you think you'll get. To each their own, I guess. :roll:

According to some reliable sources in my store, we'll also see a revamp in the Kingdoms theme come 2012 ala "Heroica" style. Which will definitely cater to a lot of us 2007 Castle theme lovers. 2012 is going to be an expensive year for many of us especially with the Super Hero themes!

Which PotC sets have been found on clearance, and for how much, at Target?

Someone mentioned White Cap Bay on clearance - what's the lowest anyone has found on that one?

I've seen the London Escape set for ~$35, but none of the other sets on clearance.

Unfortunately most sets are holding at the initial clearance price from a couple of weeks ago, usually 30-50% off.

[quote name='karkyco']Which PotC sets have been found on clearance, and for how much, at Target?

Someone mentioned White Cap Bay on clearance - what's the lowest anyone has found on that one?

I've seen the London Escape set for ~$35, but none of the other sets on clearance.

Unfortunately most sets are holding at the initial clearance price from a couple of weeks ago, usually 30-50% off.[/QUOTE]

At the local store just about all PoTC sets are on sale, but they're holding at 30% for two weeks now. As a rule of thumb, the more expensive sets ($100+) are not being added to any clearance. That said, I did see a $100+ city set at 15% off today, so there's an exception to every rule.

The Harry Potter sets (smaller ones) made it to 50%, but all the larger sets (Hagrid's Hut, etc.) are holding at 30%. Of course that was just in one store, as in the other I couldn't find a single one of the larger sets...so those were probably gone via 50% clearance or just removed.

I saw whitecap bay last week for 55.xx but they are all gone now. Saw some isla de muerta for 13.xx but I already have it. Really hoping for the airport to survive to 50.

[quote name='karkyco']Which PotC sets have been found on clearance, and for how much, at Target?

Unfortunately most sets are holding at the initial clearance price from a couple of weeks ago, usually 30-50% off.[/QUOTE]

At one location, Whitecap Bay and London Escape were clearance a month or two ago. They marked straight to 50%. Gone before I ever had a shot at them.

During this past clearance, I saw and bought Cannibal Escape and Isla De Muerta both at 30%. There wasn't much stock where it was clearanced.

Hit gold today today at a few Targets.

Lego City
Fire Boat $25
Off-Road Fire Truck and Fireboat $20

PotC
Fountain of Youth $14
The London Escape $25
Whitecap Bay $40

Cars
Flo's V8 Cafe $42

TS3
Pizza Planet Rescue $20

[quote name='dragonjud']At the local store just about all PoTC sets are on sale, but they're holding at 30% for two weeks now. As a rule of thumb, the more expensive sets ($100+) are not being added to any clearance. That said, I did see a $100+ city set at 15% off today, so there's an exception to every rule.

The Harry Potter sets (smaller ones) made it to 50%, but all the larger sets (Hagrid's Hut, etc.) are holding at 30%. Of course that was just in one store, as in the other I couldn't find a single one of the larger sets...so those were probably gone via 50% clearance or just removed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's about what I've seen. Haven't seen any of the $70+ sets on clearance since winter time.

EDIT: PanzerGrenadier with the mother fucking win! Nice scores!

Just hit up another Target and got the Castle Princess Tower Rescue for $24.xx (50% off) - there was another one but it was open and the box was beat up so I passed...I figure if it drops further I can buy them at other locations and attempt return/rebuys. I also picked up a few of the prison carriage escape for $5.xx (50% off?). LOL the smaller knight battle set was MORE expensive at this location, ringing up $7.xx. Maybe they accidentally switched the pricing on those two smaller sets when they did clearance, because IIRC I've seen them at the opposite, logical prices on clearance at other Targets. Found an Outpost Attack only 25% off so passed. Passed on a Flo's Cafe for $41.xx as well now that you mention it, now I'm starting to regret it. Would make an amazing gift for one of my nephews. Love that off road fire truck and boat too, but it's $27.xx around here so pass. PoP sets are all gone around here, except for 2 or 3 Ostrich Race sets that are "out of the system" with last price of $10.xx. Meh.

Earlier I got a couple of the TS Pizza Planet Truck Target exclusives for $10.xx (~75% off, I think), and a TIE Defender for $24.xx (50% off).

I passed on a ton of clearance stuff; I believe it's all noted at various points in the previous 50 or so posts. I'd love to get the POTC for 50% off. I didn't know the airport was clearanced; maybe that's why it's all but vanished around me. Meh I have a couple of the older airports including I think the original real airport from the late 80's/early 90's that will have to do.

One humble suggestion I have for this thread is, perhaps we can make it a wiki and update lists of store clearances, sales, and lowest prices found. Sort of like the official Target clearance thread but with additional stores. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']Which PotC sets have been found on clearance, and for how much, at Target?[/QUOTE]

Every store I've been to has been hit-or-miss with PotC clearance. Seems like most stores are only clearancing about half the line and not the same ones at that. And it seems that the only PotC we all want on clearance isn't...Queen Anne's Revenge. Hell, they aren't even restocking this set at any of the stores around here.

I'd probably bite on Flo's V8 Cafe if I could find it clearanced. It really is the only Cars set that remotely interests me.

[quote name='jazzman']Anyone in southern California find any at 50% off?[/QUOTE]

I've seen Atlantis and Toy Story Sets 50% off, I picked up a few Creator sets for 75% off. Best $2 I've spent in a while, going to be some great stocking stuffer's.

You guys are lucky your POTC's even hit 50%, my store's clearances go very quick when it hits 30%. I was thinking if I should've waited for London Escape to hit 50% when it was 30%, but got it anyway. I checked today and every POTC clearanced sets are gone so I guess I should be somewhat happy..

[quote name='silliemutafuka']You guys are lucky your POTC's even hit 50%, my store's clearances go very quick when it hits 30%. I was thinking if I should've waited for London Escape to hit 50% when it was 30%, but got it anyway. I checked today and every POTC clearanced sets are gone so I guess I should be somewhat happy..[/QUOTE]

These were the first i found at 50% off. I bit on some at 30% because it seems all the Targets are loaded with kids and parents scooping up anything with a red sticker. I can always return if i find better deals latter.

Went to Target and snagged Hagrid's Hut for 19.98, Castle Princess Tower Rescue for 24.98, An the Fire Boat for 24.98, and lastly a Burrow for 34 an change. A decent haul.

We also dropped to K mart and found they are clearing the Castle Princess Tower Rescue for 37.00 an the Burrow for 45.00.

No POTC clearance down this way, tho.

My target has been OOS on queen annes revenge for a long time ... I just found one and bought it for regular price ... Do you all think it'll eventually go clearance at target .. So I can do a return/rebuy ??

[quote name='Licasguy']Went to Target and snagged Hagrid's Hut for 19.98, Castle Princess Tower Rescue for 24.98, An the Fire Boat for 24.98, and lastly a Burrow for 34 an change. A decent haul.

We also dropped to K mart and found they are clearing the Castle Princess Tower Rescue for 37.00 an the Burrow for 45.00.

No POTC clearance down this way, tho.[/QUOTE]

Any chance this was in SoCal?

[quote name='brotterr']My target has been OOS on queen annes revenge for a long time ... I just found one and bought it for regular price ... Do you all think it'll eventually go clearance at target .. So I can do a return/rebuy ??[/QUOTE]

Not enough stock to go clearance. It's one of those titles that sells out and doesn't get restocked. I have already seen this effect at one location in my area.

As for the other part of your question, return/rebuy is very YMMV when coming to Clearance pricing.

Picked up London Escape, City Corner, & Fire Boat 50% off. =D Picked up a Burrows for 30% off and a few smaller sets for presents.

[quote name='skiizim']Picked up London Escape, City Corner, & Fire Boat 50% off. =D Picked up a Burrows for 30% off and a few smaller sets for presents.[/QUOTE]

Where in Cali are you? My 10 Targets don't have anything past 15%.

I got a mailer coupon for a free small PAB cup with a $35 purchase. I picked up the Diagon Alley set and got the cup and the Kingdoms archer set for free. I was chatting with one of the workers and he said they already have the new sets stocked and ready to go on the shelves August 1st.

[quote name='TheHelix']Picked up a jet ski with my tru coupon since they were out of the 9.99 alien conquest set.[/QUOTE]

The AC set looks a lot better on the box than it really is.

Is there any word on when Series 5 is going to start showing up at TRU?

Are they supposed to be available anywhere else first?

Thanks!

[quote name='smergb']Is there any word on when Series 5 is going to start showing up at TRU?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

8.16.11 is the estimated ship date on TRU.com

[quote name='jazzman']Where in Cali are you? My 10 Targets don't have anything past 15%.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the Riverside most Targets I visit always are different in what they carry. I waited it out a few weeks because I knew I wouldn't start seeing 50%-75% until now, still a lot of 30% off though. I think you need to travel a little further inland to find some better deals. The best unpicked stuff I always find in the poorer areas or Targets out in the middle of no where.

[quote name='NCrush']8.16.11 is the estimated ship date on TRU.com[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they hit the Lego stores in August as well. There's a August coupon on the Lego calendar for a free ADU Jetpack with a purchase of $35 or more.

I easily spent thirty five bucks on series 3&4. -__-

Kmart extra 50% off clearance.

Picked up
2x Prision Tower rescue for 17
1x Passenger plane for 13

they had Clone tropper battle pack and the Freeco speeder too. I think the packs were 4 each, and the speeder would have been 9 something.

Otherwise that's it, they have almost all the new sets that everyone else has had for months now.

[quote name='xycury']Kmart extra 50% off clearance.

Picked up

they had Clone tropper battle pack and the Freeco speeder too. I think the packs were 4 each, and the speeder would have been 9 something.

Otherwise that's it, they have almost all the new sets that everyone else has had for months now.[/QUOTE]

Damnit, more lego clearance. After Target my wallets getting a little light.

Is the KMart clearance all week again? Confirmed?

Also, my local Target has Millennium Falcon and The Frigate out of the new Star Wars sets... none of the others yet though.

Picked up a couple of things today that I'm hoping to swap for some other clearance sets:
2x Prison Tower Rescue
SW TIE Defender

Looking to get some HP sets:
Hogwarts
Hogwarts Express
And to a lesser degree:
Burrow
Hagrid's Hut

PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='xycury']Kmart extra 50% off clearance.

Picked up

Otherwise that's it, they have almost all the new sets that everyone else has had for months now.[/QUOTE]

Passenger plane was regular price at my Kmart. My Kmart was picked clean except for a couple of Atlantis items.

Saw someone else got the TS train rescue for $10.........that would have been nice.

Seeing all these great clearance deals makes me sad that there's hardly ever anything worthwhile at my Target or K-Mart. My wife bought me Hogwarts (the MSRP $50 one, not the big one) for $35 on clearance at Target near her work, and I picked up 2 Freeing Dobby sets for $4 a piece at K-Mart today (literally the only clearance LEGO they had). That's the best I've done. Really wish I could pick up Hogwarts Train or The Burrows on clearance, but no such luck so far.

This is the first time my closest Kmart seemed to put something good in their clearance.

Walked away with 2x Hogwarts Express $30 and 2x the Burrow $22.50. Time to get some money back from Target (returning a copy of each for the ones I bought via Target Clearance).

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']After Target my wallets getting a little light.[/quote]
Add in TRU and now Kmart Clearance, I would say my wallet is feeling the same.

[quote name='smergb']Is there any word on when Series 5 is going to start showing up at TRU?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I find it funny series 4 is sold out on S@H but series 3 is still there.

Thanks for the heads up on Kmart! They didn't have anything for the 30% clearance, but I picked up 2x Burrows and 2x Hogwarts Express for $22.50 and $30 respectively. Unfortunately, one of the trains sounds like it's been opened so I'm going to have to build it to make sure it's all there.

They also had the Arc Star Wars ship for $22 I think, the Freeco Speeder for $9, and Buzz's Starship for $11.

Nice hauls. I'd love to exchange my extra (sealed) TS3 train for one of those Hogwarts train sets. Hit me with a pm if anybody is interested.

My KMart haul... it was picked over pretty well.

Police Minifigure Collection - $3.50 (got two of these)
Cursed Cobra Statue - $7.50
Flying Mummy Attack - $6.00

Got my Kmart's last Prison Tower Rescue for $17. And finally picked up an ATLANTIS Sea Striker--those have sat on the shelf through several clearances now. I like ATLANTIS, but that set is barely worth the $8 I paid for it. It's 60% Technic pieces--if that's your thing, it's a decent Technics part pack.

Nothing else was on clearance. No HP, no Pharoah. They've got stacks of Hogwarts getting dusty on the shelf--can't wait for those to drop.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Got my Kmart's last Prison Tower Rescue for $17. And finally picked up an ATLANTIS Sea Striker--those have sat on the shelf through several clearances now. I like ATLANTIS, but that set is barely worth the $8 I paid for it. It's 60% Technic pieces--if that's your thing, it's a decent Technics part pack.
[/QUOTE]

Was this in your Sunday KMart ad, or did they just do it? Here in Tampa, the Kmart ad didn't mention the Clearance sale.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Got my Kmart's last Prison Tower Rescue for $17. And finally picked up an ATLANTIS Sea Striker--those have sat on the shelf through several clearances now. I like ATLANTIS, but that set is barely worth the $8 I paid for it. It's 60% Technic pieces--if that's your thing, it's a decent Technics part pack.

Nothing else was on clearance. No HP, no Pharoah. They've got stacks of Hogwarts getting dusty on the shelf--can't wait for those to drop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that Atlantis set is complete shit, even for $8.

I'm debating going to Kmart tomorrow.

I didn't see the paper ad. Kmart has been doing 30-50% sales on clearance toys throughout the summer. What goes into the clearance aisle seems to vary from store to store.

Has anyone seen any NEWER sets at a Kmart? I've yet to see new Kingdoms or Alien Conquest in any Kmarts. Mine just barely got Cars and POTC.

Got a looted Hogwarts Express today (didn't realize the box was open). Train/tender/passenger car is probably 90-95% complete, no minifigs, blue car, animals. Anyone want it for $33+shipping before I try to return it?

It's about time TRU has the Mill Village Tock set in stock during one of their b1g1 50% off sales. I have been wanting to get that but it had been sold out the last couple of times they ran the sale. Picked up 2 of them just now, added bonus that there is no TRU tax on the new Kingdom sets yet.

I did not see the toy clearance in the ad this week. usually they have a little yellow tag somewhere in the ad. picked up a buzz's ship for $11, Prison Tower for $18, some hoth battle packs for $5, and a wampa cave that was missing the stickers and wampa.

[quote name='WiiNet']Got a looted Hogwarts Express today (didn't realize the box was open). Train/tender/passenger car is probably 90-95% complete, no minifigs, blue car, animals. Anyone want it for $33+shipping before I try to return it?[/QUOTE]

See if Lego will send you the pieces first. I've bought a couple like that and they've always come through.
I'm in the process of building the train now and its missing a couple of owls as well as some other random pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back