LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sydra']Are they like the Toy Story figures then? They aren't much bigger, but the heads definitely allow for a lot more detail, which is what I assume they are going for.

Still wish they had normal sized ones though :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think they are. I didn't think of TS. they do have a head like Woody but you can change their hair.

Do you know what would be nice? If they made the Friends hair compatible with regular Lego figures. It's difficult to tell by the current pics if it is, but it looks very close.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Prim Im wondering if the B2G1 is also good on LEGO games? I'm looking to get the three cheapest Heroica sets.[/QUOTE]

Didn't get my hands on an ad until today. The Lego games will be part of the sale.

Sale will exclude POTC and Star Wars.

Also, Bricktober stuff should be arriving next week so I will let you all know what to look forward to.

Bought kingdoms - the mill on clearance at target today for $49.99 .. So about 30% .. they also had queen annes revenge for $83 ... So I bought one of those and returned the one I had previously bought for msrp .. New polybag for assault tank was also out ..

[quote name='brotterr']Bought kingdoms - the mill on clearance at target today for $49.99 .. So about 30% .. they also had queen annes revenge for $83 ... So I bought one of those and returned the one I had previously bought for msrp .. New polybag for assault tank was also out ..[/QUOTE]
The Kingdoms Mill is a great set. 49.99 is a great price for it as well.

[quote name='ackbar7']The Kingdoms Mill is a great set. 49.99 is a great price for it as well.[/QUOTE]

Definatley right about that .. I'll still try and wait for 50% off and return this one .. But even for 30% all the minis, animals, and accessories make this a must have deal

[quote name='prim4444']Didn't get my hands on an ad until today. The Lego games will be part of the sale.

Sale will exclude POTC and Star Wars.

Also, Bricktober stuff should be arriving next week so I will let you all know what to look forward to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

And Bricktober was already shown around the internets.

No luck on clearance at the 2 Targets I went to, but I had a HUGE YMMV deal. Ther had PotC Whitecap Bay tagged for $39.98, this was their computer print on the shelf for this item, I was able to get it at the mistag price.

I built the KRE-O Sentinel Prime I found on clearance for $10 a couple of weeks ago. If you thought Lego's manuals were bad color-wise, you will hate these. Black looks like dark grey and sometimes the colors don't even match. The stickers are also horrible. I put half of a sticker down to see how it looked and when I tried to lift it up, the paper separated from the sticker part and it tore a bit!

[quote name='encendido5']I built the KRE-O Sentinel Prime I found on clearance for $10 a couple of weeks ago. If you thought Lego's manuals were bad color-wise, you will hate these. Black looks like dark grey and sometimes the colors don't even match. The stickers are also horrible. I put half of a sticker down to see how it looked and when I tried to lift it up, the paper separated from the sticker part and it tore a bit![/QUOTE]

Where did you find sentinel prime for $10?

[quote name='ryosnk']Where did you find sentinel prime for $10?[/QUOTE]

Target. They also had Megatron at 50% off a couple of weeks ago but I guess they didn't make it to 75%.

Managed to get a 7964 Republic Frigate for $40.00 at Goodwill...because it was missing bag 1 with all the figs. I don't really care about the figs (I assumed that was what was wrong with it when I saw it marked "salvage") but the actual pieces in bag 1 will be missed. Still, around 900 pieces for $40 is good enough for me.

[quote name='encendido5']I built the KRE-O Sentinel Prime I found on clearance for $10 a couple of weeks ago. If you thought Lego's manuals were bad color-wise, you will hate these. Black looks like dark grey and sometimes the colors don't even match. The stickers are also horrible. I put half of a sticker down to see how it looked and when I tried to lift it up, the paper separated from the sticker part and it tore a bit![/QUOTE]

yep, the Kreo manuals for Prime suck. I swore I had the wrong pieces half the time. The images don't show what you need to do all the time. Poor. Plus the build is shaky. It doesn't make "sense" like most Lego sets do.

So the B2G1 free sale is live. I wanted to pick up the Excavator and Unimog along with the Imperial Flagship, but the ship went out of stock before I had a chance to check out. Instead, I got the 7939 Train which I now will three of.

Shame about the limits since I wanted to get three Excavators. It would make for some interesting builds with all the powerfunctions stuff.

Scored a QAR at Walmart for 70. There was also a PQ Pyramid for 60 but I thought QAR would be a better buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DillDough']So the B2G1 free sale is live. I wanted to pick up the Excavator and Unimog along with the Imperial Flagship, but the ship went out of stock before I had a chance to check out. Instead, I got the 7939 Train which I now will three of.

Shame about the limits since I wanted to get three Excavators. It would make for some interesting builds with all the powerfunctions stuff.[/QUOTE]

B2G1 free excludes Star Wars and Pirates

[quote name='elsnerma']Managed to get a 7964 Republic Frigate for $40.00 at Goodwill...because it was missing bag 1 with all the figs. I don't really care about the figs (I assumed that was what was wrong with it when I saw it marked "salvage") but the actual pieces in bag 1 will be missed. Still, around 900 pieces for $40 is good enough for me.[/QUOTE]

Call lego customer service and tell them you bought the set and the bag was missing. They may send you a new one. I bought a set a few months back that was missing a bag and they helped me out.

[quote name='jbz']B2G1 free excludes Star Wars and Pirates[/QUOTE]

It excludes Pirates of the Caribbean. The Imperial Flagship is just plain Pirates, plus it even says B2G1 free on its page.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Call lego customer service and tell them you bought the set and the bag was missing. They may send you a new one. I bought a set a few months back that was missing a bag and they helped me out.[/QUOTE]

I'd encourage you not to do this. LEGO would probably send you a new one, yes, because they're awesome, nice and helpful, but it's a service they provide to care for their customers and provide quality control. Buying sets secondhand for cheap at Goodwill or garage sales is always an exciting find, but in those instances you're buying it as-is. Don't abuse the system.

[quote name='ireladd']I'd encourage you not to do this. LEGO would probably send you a new one, yes, because they're awesome, nice and helpful, but it's a service they provide to care for their customers and provide quality control. Buying sets secondhand for cheap at Goodwill or garage sales is always an exciting find, but in those instances you're buying it as-is. Don't abuse the system.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.

Its up to him. We dont have to play the moral police. Its not like it was a loose set and he's trying to complete it. I bought two sets the same week on super clearance at two different stores and they were both missing pieces. This is the first time i have ever had to do this after buying dozens upon dozens of sets over the years and by chance it happened twice in a week. It shouldnt matter where you buy the set as long as it is in the box and sealed. Maybe lego will fix the packaging and not make it so easy for parts to be lost or stolen in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably just try to complete it with parts I already have, but I may request one or two parts that I'm sure I don't have. Like I said, the figs I don't care about and it's not like I didn't know there was something up with it before I bought it, so I don't really think LEGO is to blame for much of anything.

I do wish they would have thought to mix the figs up more to discourage theft in the first place since many City and other sets already do this. That'd be a problem for the whole "modular play" style they're going for though, since I imagine a lot of kids open the sets and go immediately to the figs, especially with Star Wars.

[quote name='lordopus99']I totally agree.[/QUOTE]

screw lego...doesn't hurt to ask...besides I bought and paid full price for a set - the stickers all folded in half and wouldnt stick - lego cs support says sure we'll send u a sticker set....9.97 +sh...it was a 19.97 set....

[quote name='scp89']screw lego...doesn't hurt to ask...besides I bought and paid full price for a set - the stickers all folded in half and wouldnt stick - lego cs support says sure we'll send u a sticker set....9.97 +sh...it was a 19.97 set....[/QUOTE]

I have used the system probably 10 times (there were some bad years for LEGO mistakes) and never was informed it would ever cost a thing. I was never even told the parts were coming until they arrived.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have used the system probably 10 times (there were some bad years for LEGO mistakes) and never was informed it would ever cost a thing. I was never even told the parts were coming until they arrived.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same. I had bought the Medieval Market Village from the LEGO Store and when I got it home noticed that one of the bags in the set had ripped open and most of its pieces had spilled out and were hanging out loosely in the box. 3-4 pieces actually managed to exit the box and when I called LEGO customer service they couldn't have been nicer and sent out the replacement pieces with no huff and no charge.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have used the system probably 10 times (there were some bad years for LEGO mistakes) and never was informed it would ever cost a thing. I was never even told the parts were coming until they arrived.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Lego customer service has been great to me.

[quote name='scp89']screw lego...doesn't hurt to ask...besides I bought and paid full price for a set - the stickers all folded in half and wouldnt stick - lego cs support says sure we'll send u a sticker set....9.97 +sh...it was a 19.97 set....[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list of never having a problem. They have the best customer service I have ever experience with a company. The few times I have had issues it has been totally free of charge.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Its not like it was a loose set and he's trying to complete it.[/quote]
Actually it is. He bought it from a secondhand store i.e. used. It is the same as getting one from a yard sale. If pieces are missing, you should go the Pick a Brick route so we can continue to have this amazing customer service.

so i guess lego just doesn't like me? or maybe they don't like to replace sticker sets? someone try to get a sticker set and see what they tell you...i think you'll be disappointed...

Just scored some great deals yesterday, and these were pure luck since I haven't hunted in awhile:

@Target: Battle of Alamut (last one) $13.xx !!! This was around 10 in the morning too - a re-stocked return maybe? There was a soccer mom there who I've seen before on one of the Thursday "75% clearance" days at Target and she asked me where I found it and if I saw anymore. (I'm sorry but if I had seen more Alamuts at $13 bucks I would have bought them all just for the extra parts and camels, and I wouldn't have given them up without a fight. ;) ) She had a cart full of multiple identical clearance toys - yeah, one of those ladies. I told her I had the only one and she walked away miffed. I seriously doubt she would have given up any of the clearance stuff in her cart had I wanted anything, so I don't know why she was ticked off - jealous of my score I guess.

@Walmart:
Jackpot baby! Queen Anne's Revenge (last one) $75. That was the only POTC set the store had, so I guess I missed the rest. Its a small store so they usually clearance sets early and quickly to make room for others. The same with their Pharaoh's Quest sets - only one $5 set left. I also got the last Freeco Speeder for $12, Ultimate Mater for $10, Police Boat for $20, Freeing Dobby for $5 (the only HP on clearance - all others were in stock and full price) and some half price Duplo letters and numbers for my 1-1/2 year old. By the way, somebody hit them hard over the weekend because I was at this same store on Friday to take a peek at their SW Promo Boba Fett poster and they had about 50 Freeco Speeders marked at $14 and other clearance at about 30% off. Queen Anne was marked $100. I decided to wait until all the sets went 50% off, that is why I came back to check on Monday afternoon after work. Several items sold out over the weekend or that morning, probably after the markdown. I just couldn't believe all those Freecos were gone so fast.

[quote name='lordopus99']
Actually it is. He bought it from a secondhand store i.e. used. It is the same as getting one from a yard sale. If pieces are missing, you should go the Pick a Brick route so we can continue to have this amazing customer service.[/QUOTE]

It shouldnt matter where you buy it from, walmart, kmart, a drug store, a independent hobby shop, or a yard sale. If something is factory sealed it is Legos fault. If it has obviously been opened, then yes, buyers beware and not legos fault. I dont think he got it at Goodwill in some ziplock bags. Plenty of stuff out there at those stores is brand new factory sealed.

[quote name='scp89']so i guess lego just doesn't like me? or maybe they don't like to replace sticker sets? someone try to get a sticker set and see what they tell you...i think you'll be disappointed...[/QUOTE]

Actually I was missing stickers from my AT-AT back in Jan. I called up, got directly to a person, mentioned they were missing, they asked for the number at the back of the instructions and I received them free of charge in a nice bubble wrap mailer within 7 days of calling. Again, all around amazing customer service.

[quote name='scp89']so i guess lego just doesn't like me? or maybe they don't like to replace sticker sets? someone try to get a sticker set and see what they tell you...i think you'll be disappointed...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lordopus99']Actually I was missing stickers from my AT-AT back in Jan. I called up, got directly to a person, mentioned they were missing, they asked for the number at the back of the instructions and I received them free of charge in a nice bubble wrap mailer within 7 days of calling. Again, all around amazing customer service.[/QUOTE]

I was missing the sticker sheet from Jabba's Sail Barge and they replaced it for free. No disappointment here.

I just called about a missing sticker sheet and instruction book from set 8095 they are sending it in 7 days. They always help me if something is missing.

I think LEGO was just fucking with scp89. :lol:

I even asked for two pieces I lost from a set but it's hard to find. I clicked "Lost part myself" and was willing to pay for them and they still sent me them for free.

I had a similar experience when two of the days on my Lego Advent calendar were missing their prizes. I used the customer service web site to indicate which pieces were missing and everything was sent to me free of charge.

Anyone know what Star Wars LEGO Mad Libs would be? What about Mad Libs could be LEGO? I couldn't resist for $3 though, perfect for the coming vacation.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I _______ the Star Wars LEGO bricks and then _________. It was a _________ day. :lol:[/QUOTE]
40 pages of that and I just may have to kill myself. By the way I picked it up on AWD, which is why I purchased it but know nothing about it.

[quote name='ackbar7']40 pages of that and I just may have to kill myself. By the way I picked it up on AWD, which is why I purchased it but know nothing about it.[/QUOTE]

Well that means the mad libs will have been filled in already. Each blank will have words like "fart" and "boob."

[quote name='TheHelix']LEGO Store in Fashion Valley is opening Friday, October 14th

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/San Diego/LandingPage.aspx

Anyone been to other grand openings? I'm going Saturday for the minifig set.[/QUOTE]

My advice would be to get there early. When the Lego store near me opened I shopped there several times with hardly any other customers. A couple weeks later I went back for the grand opening and nearly choked on my gum when I saw the line winding down the length of the hall and around a corner (that was about a half hour before the store opened). I took a picture and went home when I quickly realized I didn't need a Lego Liberty Bell or whatever the free giveaway was.

No matter how many people you think will be there.....there will be more. Went to an opening in Indianapolis and had to be several thousand. They had a large zig-zag rope section in front of the store and the line spilled out all the way down to the far end of the mall. We got there about 1.5 hours early I believe and it took about 2 hours after opening to get in....

It's all a matter of what you're going for. If you just want to check it out and pick up some sets that are available anywhere, don't bother going for the grand opening. If you're in it for the minifigs, get there at least a couple hours early otherwise you'll be standing in line. For. Ev. Er. And bring a book to read or something... you'll be standing in the same spot for a while.

[quote name='Pirate331']It's all a matter of what you're going for. If you just want to check it out and pick up some sets that are available anywhere, don't bother going for the grand opening. If you're in it for the minifigs, get there at least a couple hours early otherwise you'll be standing in line. For. Ev. Er. And bring a book to read or something... you'll be standing in the same spot for a while.[/QUOTE]

Damn...should I get there at 7am then? I wouldn't mind waiting. Don't know what I should get for my $35 filler. Maybe if they have the TS3 Garbage Truck, but I'd probably get the Geonosian Starfighter (Ki Adi Mundi!) and some minifigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back